CAG Fighter Thread XXXVIII - Year End Winners are up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kainzero']Someone told me that Shinnosuke was actually one of the journalists and not a new character. Good, cause he looked ugly. Hahah....[/QUOTE]yeah yah, Shinnosuke is that dood from Soul'd Out.

with Diggy Mo and Brother Hi and he's like a-rah-ah-ah-ah a-rah-ah-ah-ah

jupe jupe feel me tonite, jupe jupe feel me toniiiiite~~

[quote name='kainzero']
Someone told me that Shinnosuke was actually one of the journalists and not a new character. Good, cause he looked ugly. Hahah....[/QUOTE]

wait, what?

When Jim said the thing about Shinnosuke, I actually looked at all the pages and didn't know what he was talking about... I guess I see enough Famitsu scans to know what pic frames are the editors...

I rock the beat rock the beat rock rock

Bro. Hi Trackmaster Shinnosuke's on my right

Got Tricky Diggy Diggy dig

SOUL'd OUT cru to HD

5 nin de we be extra ordinary

mane dekinai kurai like strawberry

SUGAR SHINE sooo sweet make you say "hottie"

it's the DREAM TEAM

One in a million, We going platinum!

[quote name='JEKKI']I rock the beat rock the beat rock rock

Bro. Hi Trackmaster Shinnosuke's on my right

Got Tricky Diggy Diggy dig

SOUL'd OUT cru to HD

5 nin de we be extra ordinary

mane dekinai kurai like strawberry

SUGAR SHINE sooo sweet make you say "hottie"

it's the DREAM TEAM

One in a million, We going platinum![/quote]
That's right
ore kara like a dynamite
kou sansan to hikaru taiyou ni memai nanja nai

kibun ai ai
motomeru kedo
kedo tonight you're my boy

mou hashaijatte on candy pop airashii shigusa cutie
baby i'm curious about what you gonna do

tagai ni hashirigimi? demo yarikiri?

the world circles around daikanjikai
dakedo SOUL'D OUT CRU to Heartdales Candy Poppin and we don't stop!
whoa~!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Thanks for the links, griff. Guile's upside down kick FTW.

The new chick looks out of place amidst the old school SF dudes. I want to see a new background. I'm tired of the market. And bring Karin back.[/quote]

The new chick screams SNK design IMO. Not a bad thing, just out of place in a SF game.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The new chick screams SNK design IMO. Not a bad thing, just out of place in a SF game.[/QUOTE]

To me, it's mainly because the other characters have the exact same designs they had in SF2. It reminds me of the first time I saw the new characters in Super SF2.

Edit: Cleaned up my sloppy ass grammar. :)

[quote name='heavyd853']3887 bucks?[/quote]
Yeah, and free shipping!

In real news, I'm looking to buy a copy of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for Xbox so if anyone is looking to get rid of it (although I don't see why you would be), PM me.

Edit: What a wuss, the ebay seller changed the price. He should have stood firm with his pricing.

My friend who's a heavy SF fan is considering getting a Taito X Type arcade machine if SF IV is indeed going to be an X-Type game...

If it is, considering the games are around 2,000 ish, that's not too bad...

Damn Namco arcade games, why do you have to be levels above beyond and expensive compared to other games X_X

Battle Fantasia and BlaBlaze or whatever that shit is are already ready for console ports... no joke... expect an announcement eventually :p

[quote name='kainzero']That's right
ore kara like a dynamite
kou sansan to hikaru taiyou ni memai nanja nai

kibun ai ai
motomeru kedo
kedo tonight you're my boy

mou hashaijatte on candy pop airashii shigusa cutie
baby i'm curious about what you gonna do

tagai ni hashirigimi? demo yarikiri?

the world circles around daikanjikai
dakedo SOUL'D OUT CRU to Heartdales Candy Poppin and we don't stop!
whoa~![/QUOTE]LOL~!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8USrkLpd4[/media]

[quote name='MarkMan']
Battle Fantasia and BlaBlaze or whatever that shit is are already ready for console ports... no joke... expect an announcement eventually :p[/QUOTE]

About time we heard some console information about Battle Fantasia. That game came and went pretty fast. Didn't people stop playing it because of it's extreme balance issues? Here's hoping the console release will be for PS3 (JAP).

BlazBlue is already ready? Wow. The game is getting an arcade release in Japan first right.

[quote name='MarkMan']
Battle Fantasia and BlaBlaze or whatever that shit is are already ready for console ports... no joke... expect an announcement eventually :p[/QUOTE]

I am happy now.

[quote name='MarkMan']Battle Fantasia and BlaBlaze or whatever that shit is are already ready for console ports... no joke... expect an announcement eventually :p[/QUOTE]

I am also happy. Bring that shit, pronto.

Oh yeah, I also hope it's on the PS3. So that I can use that super-importability of the PS3, finally. And I want more games for the system.

I'm ecstatic. So if I'm lucky enough to receive one last bit of info...

Does it look likely to get a US release, or is it probably going to be left in Japan?

This stuff is easily the most exciting fighting release for me since Hokuto no Ken last March.

Too early to say for a US/localized release. But I guess if they'll release stuff like Arcana Heart here, anything is possible... but then again that is on PS2 too lol.

So yea, don't know what to say, but at least no one will have any problems importing it lol.

so from the looks of things so far, the console for fighter fans to get/have is a PS3.... I'm happy about this.

also, I want more battle fantasia since it looked so interesting.

That's a cool mod. Whenever I build my 360 stick, I'm going to use some LED's for the ring of light; nothing crazy like lights under each button.

[quote name='heavyd853']Apparently Guilty Gear 2 sold terribly in Japan, like 6000 copies in the first 2 weeks. Also I found this article thing that might interest some, its basically a roundup of 2008 fighting games. Has some cool info on BlazBlue.

http://www.akiba-ch.com/?p=403#more-403[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the article. BlazBlue looks sweet. Can't wait for that one. And Melty Blood Actress Again has 3 styles per chracter, which should be interesting.

Guilty Gear doesn't usually sell well on consoles in Japan... because the arcade user base is MUCH bigger than the casual/console gamers that play GGXX AC...

It also didn't help that the PS2 version wasn't 100% arcade accurate. Expect plus to sell better, but it won't be making as much as the arcade version, that's for sure.

I wish we had an arcade scene like that here :(

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Thanks for the article. BlazBlue looks sweet. Can't wait for that one. And Melty Blood Actress Again has 3 styles per chracter, which should be interesting.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Actress Again, aside from having the absolute most insane title I've ever heard, seems to be a fairly drastic change from previous MBs... which is good, because now it'll feel like I'm playing something tangibly different when it finally gets released.

Anyway, if this is all 2008, then it's looking like a damn good year... And Tekken 6 and SC4 weren't even included in that.

ZOMG. Excitement.

Tekken 6 = :drool:

I'm finally starting to get hype for it. 2008 seems like the best year for fighters in a long ass time, and I haven't even read that article yet

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (JPN)
Street Fighter IV
Arcana Heart II
Melty Blood: Actress Again
Blaz Blue
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
King of Fighters XII

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN)
Arcana Heart (PS2)
Blaz Blue (PS3) *
Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN) *
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN) *
Battle Fantasia (PS2 JPN) *

* TENTATIVE

2008 is the year of the fighter. :)

Or closest thing to it... lol.

Jeez... forgot about so many of those games you listed. The nice thing is that it's not like we only have high-flying 2D stuff this year, or only 3D games - it's basically like, whatever you could want from a fighting game, you can have it. I think the only fighter I don't wanna pick up from that list is the original Arcana Heart (dunno enough about 2 to decide yet), but everything else looks like something I'd hafta buy immediately.

Seeing that list made me hungry... for action and smacking down-eth.

I can't wait to take down the locals in KoF and SF-ness. I just don't know what I'm more disappointed in with the fact that it's taking so long to remake, KoF '98 UM or SSF2THD. I can give them the benefit of the doubt that they're adding a lot of crap in but I was expecting these games like at the end of last year. :cry: Come out sooner, dammit.

I can't be excited about Arcana Heart 2 if only because I thought Arcana Heart was really slow and boring. =P

I always did want to play Battle Fantasia though.

I kinda wanna start going to tournaments again so I should really just try to focus on ONE fighting game instead of learning to be mediocre at all the other fighting games... and so far I'm liking Brawl =)

Was playing some Street Fighter II HF last night online and I kicked a lot of ass. Good to know I still got it. I noticed that most people really underestimate Zangief. I got 2 perfects on one guys Ken and he lost it. Screaming on his headset, saying "Zangief's fucking cheap." over and over and over..... It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

2008 truly is the year for fighters. However with all those great titles I still don't think it'll jump start the genre.

Anyone else notice that SSBB was given perfect scores by Famitsu? Only the 7th game to do that.

estarland is having a buy one get one 70% off accessories n games n shyt...

u can get 2 mas sticks for gamecube for $130... maybe...

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']
2008 truly is the year for fighters. However with all those great titles I still don't think it'll jump start the genre.
[/QUOTE]

I think it could jump start the genre if there's good online play in a lot of these games. More downloadable fighters with online play would also help, since those require a small investment to get going... only people like... fighting thread nerds are gonna spend $50+ on a fighter.

Even if none of this jump starts the genre... whatever. We're getting so many good fighters this year that I don't even care. A release list like this is all I really wanted.

Updated list:

2008 ARCADE FIGHTING GAMES (JPN)
Street Fighter IV
Arcana Heart II
Melty Blood: Actress Again
Blaz Blue
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
King of Fighters XII
Virtua Fighter 5 Upgrade *
Samurai Spirits Sen

2008 CONSOLE FIGHTING GAMES (USA, JPN)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
Soul Calibur IV (PS3, 360)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Super Street Fighter II TURBO HD Remix (PS3, 360)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core PLUS (PS2 JPN)
Arcana Heart (PS2)
Blaz Blue (PS3) *
Sengoku Basara X Cross (PS2 JPN) *
King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (PS2 JPN) *
Battle Fantasia (JPN) *
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A2 (PS2 JPN)
Akatsuki Denkou Senki

* TENTATIVE

Also for reference: NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207393

I'm excited about all the JAP console releases this year.

I haven't been importing any JAP PS2 stuff lately and I was wondering when some good stuff was coming again.

Good thing I have a new job to pay for all those releases :)

[quote name='Chacrana']I think it could jump start the genre if there's good online play in a lot of these games. More downloadable fighters with online play would also help, since those require a small investment to get going... only people like... fighting thread nerds are gonna spend $50+ on a fighter.

Even if none of this jump starts the genre... whatever. We're getting so many good fighters this year that I don't even care. A release list like this is all I really wanted.[/QUOTE]

I think it absolutely will reinvent the Fighting Genre if there's good online play. A fighting game to be any good will have to have a strong online component. I really want to see guilty gear get a game out soon w/ some online play.

Thinking about fighters and SSMB... Nintendo shoul have had JAGO from K.I. in SSMB!

[quote name='Thomas96']I really want to see guilty gear get a game out soon w/ some online play.[/quote]

Guilty Gear X2: Midnight Carnival for X-Box was online. Not sure if it's still up and running. I remember it being very laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back