CAG Fighting Game Thread Vol. 12: Dark Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
even though we all know this, it's nice to see UMK3 at E3:

DSC_2937.JPG

I wonder why they didn't include Rachel from Ninja Gaiden as a hidden character in DOA4? She has the bustline for it and everything.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wonder why they didn't include Rachel from Ninja Gaiden as a hidden character in DOA4? She has the bustline for it and everything.[/QUOTE]

agreed... who knows, she may pop in the new DOAX2

the new girls from DoA4 are in it...

[quote name='Apossum']I loved 4, but I probably won't own a 360 for a few years, so I kind of resigned as a hardcore doa fan.[/QUOTE]So you don't even own the system for the game you were trying to discuss in-depth about earlier in the thread? :bomb:

GGPO.

Tekken trailers don't mean much. The Tekken 5 one looked pretty good, but it said nothing about Steve, Nina, and Bryan. :lol:

It looks pretty decent for in-game graphics. I hope there's more gameplay info though...but that's just a prayer in the glitz-fest known as E3.

[quote name='B:L']So you don't even own the system for the game you were trying to discuss in-depth about earlier in the thread? :bomb:

GGPO.

Tekken trailers don't mean much. The Tekken 5 one looked pretty good, but it said nothing about Steve, Nina, and Bryan. :lol:

It looks pretty decent for in-game graphics. I hope there's more gameplay info though...but that's just a prayer in the glitz-fest known as E3.[/QUOTE]

the whole trailer just had me thinking:

Jin... d+1

Lili... ukemi roll

[quote name='kristianator']i'm not the best urien player in the world, but from what i understand, if you're not charge partitioning with him, then you pretty much aren't playing a good urien..

this, of course, doesn't matter if you're just playing casually, but yeah
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Even at semi-competitive play, Chun needs that c.mk hit confirm for her mixup game. With Urien, if you're just gonna play with friends and people at the arcade, unless you go to someplace like SVGL, than you don't necessarily need charge partitioning. It helps a shit load, but you can still get by with his great pokes and juggles.

The message I was trying to drive home in the first place is Urien can still be effective without partitioning, so he's worth picking up and trying instead of shying away. And eventually you'll learn partitioning because you'll be bored one day.

Tekken 6 trailer was lame. It showed no gameplay at all.

I was hoping they would make a Tekken 2 to Tekken 3 style transition, as in add a whole bunch of new characters, some w/ familiar styles, keep the staple veterans (King, Nina, Yoshi). Oh well - I just don't understand what they're going to do to keep the series fresh. Don't let me down, Namco :)

[quote name='B:L']So you don't even own the system for the game you were trying to discuss in-depth about earlier in the thread? :bomb:

GGPO.

[/QUOTE]

okay, you really need to drop it B:L. with the pot shots and everything-- I owned a 360 and DoA 4 for a good month and lived and breathed the game. I put at least 100 hours in and know enough about the series to tell things were drastically improved. that was before the patch too.

I also recall posting enough hard evidence of the game's depth to shut you down, which you confirmed with your silence on the matter. We weren't discussing it, you were just saying the game sucked and had no depth because the games you like are better, remember? :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']okay, you really need to drop it B:L. with the pot shots and everything-- I owned a 360 and DoA 4 for a good month and lived and breathed the game. I put at least 100 hours in and know enough about the series to tell things were drastically improved. that was before the patch too.

I also recall posting enough hard evidence of the game's depth to shut you down, which you confirmed with your silence on the matter. We weren't discussing it, you were just saying the game sucked and had no depth because the games you like are better, remember? :lol:[/quote]

How many rounds you guys going to go? Best of seven? Can I put a quarter on the marquee?

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']How many rounds you guys going to go? Best of seven? Can I put a quarter on the marquee?[/QUOTE]

:lol: all done.

[quote name='B:L']So you don't even own the system for the game you were trying to discuss in-depth about earlier in the thread? :bomb: [/QUOTE]

Apposum knows his DOA, besides you don't have to own the system, ever heard of friends? My friend had DOA4 and I played it more than he did. Infact the first week I got his rank up to an "A", not that it was hard. Just a bunch of scrubs using Hayabusa's teleportation crap.

I'd like to own the game, but I'm not shelling out the money to buy a system for one game.

you're lucky your scrubs even knew how to teleport. My scrubs would call me "nigger" or "fag" for using cheap tactics like combos, counters, and *gasp* side stepping. i wonder if the live community has cleaned up at all since then. the cream rose to the top in Ultimate for a little while before everyone left it for 4.

that Tekken 6 trailer is aight. Looks like the stages will be huge and have obstacles...

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Apposum knows his DOA, besides you don't have to own the system, ever heard of friends? My friend had DOA4 and I played it more than he did. Infact the first week I got his rank up to an "A", not that it was hard. Just a bunch of scrubs using Hayabusa's teleportation crap.

I'd like to own the game, but I'm not shelling out the money to buy a system for one game.[/quote]

Apossum is a great DOA player. He handed my ass to me in DOAU on more than one occasion. :lol:

It was still fun though. :)

[quote name='Apossum']okay, you really need to drop it B:L. with the pot shots and everything[/quote]Oh, right, so it's me taking the potshots now at you, is it? The mean 'ol B:L picking on the poor victimized Apossum, hm?

[quote name='Apossum']I know that sounds like I'm challenging you or something, but I just want to know what you think the problems are--a healthy argument :)[/quote]
[quote name='B:L']Alright, I have time to address this, but let's not go into a flame war or get this topic too divergent, shall we? I'll list my points, you list your counterpoints, and we'll leave it at that. :cool:[/quote]
[quote name='Apossum']yeah, I don't think an argument is the same as a flame war and a good argument can spice up a thread :)[/quote]

Followed quickly by...

[quote name='Apossum']...it sounds like you just don't like the game for what it is and how it's played?

for an experienced player like yourself, it's sad to read this.

but now you're just getting into the realm of rampant fanboyism and I stop arguing.....

...here :lol: You've obviously never played another doa game in any depth. well, enough to say it sucks and you hate it :roll:[/quote]

Hmm...what was that about a healthy friendly debate?

[quote name='Apossum']What hasn't turned out well? the fact that you are just plain wrong? :rofl:
c'mon, a little trash talk is in order, don't take it personally.[/quote]

Silence neither confirms or denies, but it's an interesting study on how you can twist that to mean what you want it to.

I was actually silent because you've stopped providing concrete evidence to counter my claims and instead STOOPED to the logical fallacy of beating on a strawman.

What YOU did was take potshots. I just made an innocuous comment to your curious statement, as I believe any competitive player worth their salt should have the game on hand or readily accessable.

[quote name='Apossum']*sigh* yeah, I'm all done.[/quote]
[quote name='Apossum']:lol: all done.[/quote]
Yes, you are.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Apposum knows his DOA[/quote]
[quote name='GuilewasNK']Apossum is a great DOA player[/quote]
I don't doubt it. After all, there isn't much to know and do. ;)

As for MGS 4...

599.jpg

I'll be at E3 tomorrow. Catch ya there, Mark. :cool:

dude has a vendetta. :whistle2:s sorry to have caused all this, fighter thread folks :lol:

okay, B:L, here's the link--
http://doacentral.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=169&sid=28d5e7e2545952d285e1ce78adfa8dcd

everything you need to know about DoA4. I provided it before, now try clicking on it. there's plenty to learn about the game. there are some crap threads, and then there are some awesome, comprehensive tuts.

If you really want to know more about the game, great. If you are trying to pull some weird pissing match, then good luck, cause I won't be responding to you anymore.

[quote name='Apossum']dude has a vendetta. :whistle2:s[/quote]Perhaps.

vforvendetta3fd.jpg

[quote name='Apossum']sorry to have caused all this, fighter thread folks :lol:

I won't be responding to you anymore.[/quote]Glad to see you're finally DONE, instead of just saying you are. :applause:

VF5 and Tekken 6 are all fine and dandy, but...

ouch6xp.jpg

:cold:

[quote name='Stice']Exactly. Even at semi-competitive play, Chun needs that c.mk hit confirm for her mixup game. With Urien, if you're just gonna play with friends and people at the arcade, unless you go to someplace like SVGL, than you don't necessarily need charge partitioning. It helps a shit load, but you can still get by with his great pokes and juggles.

The message I was trying to drive home in the first place is Urien can still be effective without partitioning, so he's worth picking up and trying instead of shying away. And eventually you'll learn partitioning because you'll be bored one day.[/quote]
i play chun.
personally i think she's good enough without c.mk hit confirm. you can still be really sharp and bait whiffs for it. but having it helps immensely. right now i still use b.hp xx Kikoken hitconfirm SA2 and oddly, st.hk sjc hitconfirm SA2 more. but maybe because i suck.

as for urien, yeah, i'd thought i'd learn partitioning because i'd be bored... but then i thought the same thing for yun's gj and i can't do any of his combos for crap =D

btw i think all this doa bashing is retarded

If you can hit confirm with s.HK, you can hit confirm with b.HP. The fireball, while it gives you a lot of time to see if the HP connects, does a lot of damage scaling.

[quote name='B:L']Perhaps.

vforvendetta3fd.jpg

Glad to see you're finally DONE, instead of just saying you are. :applause:

VF5 and Tekken 6 are all fine and dandy, but...

ouch6xp.jpg

:cold:[/QUOTE]

:rofl: i couldnt agree more that it's going to be a pain buying the PS3... I think after buying it, all I will buy for the rest of the year will be MGS4, T6, and VF5... :(

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:rofl: i couldnt agree more that it's going to be a pain buying the PS3... I think after buying it, all I will buy for the rest of the year will be MGS4, T6, and VF5... :([/quote]It's scary to think that it'll be CHEAPER to play Tekken 6 and VF5 in ARCADES. :hot:

seriously. I'm just happy i'm getting mine shipped from giftfieasta for free. hopefully i got the real version, and not the cheap one.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Haven't heard any news from Capcom yet on releasing SF4. Fanboys around the world cry.[/QUOTE]

There's still tommorow... that's when everyone gets to hear all the great 3rd party news :)

Yeah Capcom has just started releasing news on games today. Resident Evil for Wii. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a NEW Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, or Rival Schools. And in 2-D!!!!!!! Doubt it though.

Hey guys, live from the E3 show floor. Things are getting pretty crowded now.

I'll be sure to post more stuff/impressions on all the fighting games on the floor later this afternoon.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']even though we all know this, it's nice to see UMK3 at E3:

DSC_2937.JPG
[/QUOTE]hmm... "Ultra" Mortal Kombat 3? A different title would imply that they've tweaked the game somewhat (a la SFA 3 "Double Upper" or whatever they called it), which would be heavenly, but I'm assuming it's just a typo.

Oh and I'm gonna expose my ignorance and admit I have no idea what "hit confirm" or "charge partitioning" is. Anyone care to educate me?

[quote name='Stice']If you can hit confirm with s.HK, you can hit confirm with b.HP. The fireball, while it gives you a lot of time to see if the HP connects, does a lot of damage scaling.[/quote] i do the fireball to help me do the motion. 99.9% of the time i do HP fireball, which doesn't even connect... or at least, the super connects before the fireball.

bustauppa: a hit confirm is basically a combo where you can wait and confirm that your combo is connecting before progressing with the rest of the more damaging and usually punishable on block portion of the combo, usually a super. this is done often with either linking attacks like CvS2 Ken's c.lk x3 xx Shoryureppa, two hit attacks like KoF '98 Terry's two-hit C xx busterwolf, or in the case of 3S Chun, a cancel with a ridiculously large window with c.mk xx houyoku-sen.

they require somewhat fast reflexes but not ridiculous reflexes.

[quote name='BustaUppa']hmm... "Ultra" Mortal Kombat 3? A different title would imply that they've tweaked the game somewhat (a la SFA 3 "Double Upper" or whatever they called it), which would be heavenly, but I'm assuming it's just a typo. [/QUOTE]

That would be the worst thing ever! The brokeness of UMK3 is what makes it so absurdly fun.

[quote name='jimfoley16']That would be the worst thing ever! The brokeness of UMK3 is what makes it so absurdly fun.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree... Some games actually benefit from the brokeness... some dont'

I hope Markman survives the craziness of E3 crowds as well as anyone else here on these boards...

one option is to eat alot of beans since it can clear alot of space for you.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I hope Markman survives the craziness of E3 crowds as well as anyone else here on these boards...

one option is to eat alot of beans since it can clear alot of space for you.[/quote]

Nah, I'm sure the crowd would prefer that over someone who hasn't changed or taken a shower in two days. And it's even worse when you can tell he hasn't changed because he still has puke on his tie from the first night of partying and schmoozing with Best Buy executives.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have to agree... Some games actually benefit from the brokeness... some dont'[/QUOTE]

Like MvC2. It's no fun when everyone plays as magneto, storm, cable, psylocke, and sentinel.

[quote name='2poor']Like MvC2. It's no fun when everyone plays as magneto, storm, cable, psylocke, and sentinel.[/QUOTE]

beat me to it.... but i add Iron Man :)

[quote name='Kuma']beat me to it.... but i add Iron Man :)[/QUOTE]

Nah. I can take Iron Man's out easy with my Magneto and Psylocke. :D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Tonight I'll be modding my PSP. I'll post impressions on how well it works and if it was worth the money late tonight.[/QUOTE]
I'm interested in hearing about it what mod are you doing just d-pad? or the faceplate stuff too?

[quote name='TheUnsane1']I'm interested in hearing about it what mod are you doing just d-pad? or the faceplate stuff too?[/QUOTE]

It's just the d-pad mod. I may do the buttons as well, but I see no point in doing that yet.... this is what I'm using. It's good since it has adhesive on one side so that there's no need for glue or tape:

http://www.edstarink.com/

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']It's just the d-pad mod. I may do the buttons as well, but I see no point in doing that yet.... this is what I'm using. It's good since it has adhesive on one side so that there's no need for glue or tape:

http://www.edstarink.com/[/QUOTE]
Oh I seen a pic of that before. Is it only available through ebay?

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Oh I seen a pic of that before. Is it only available through ebay?[/QUOTE]

pretty much. It's made buy 1 guy and that's the only way to get it. Basicly it's around $8.33.

Last message for a bit. Aren't they sold and shipped from overseas? If so how long was the turn around on your purchase?

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Last message for a bit. Aren't they sold and shipped from overseas? If so how long was the turn around on your purchase?[/QUOTE]

yep, overseas, but not a problem if you use Paypal since it converts the currencey. The guy has done of US sales. I ordered it about a week and a half ago (or two weeks) and got it a few days ago. Not bad turnaround for overseas. Don't buy though till I post impressions since I want to see how good it is.

Mkay, I finally modded my psp with the stuff I stated above...

Opening the PSP is a bitch. The screws are in so tight I got blisters on one of my thumbs >_< One screw took me a half hour to get out till I realized I could've used a wrench to hold down my screwdriver. I reccomend if you do this, that you have canned air at your side incase you get stuff on your screen (I only used it once, even though there was no dust). Screwed it all back together (warranty still intact :) )...

I popped Darkstalkers in, since it's a game that heavily relies on diagonals... wentto training mode, played morrigan for a minute... didn't feel too different. Then after a few minutes I realized how great it was. I tested the diagonals doing 25 fireballs in a row (no mess ups at all), a ton of shoryukens (no mess ups again), and hopping around in diagonal... perfect! I felt like I was playing on a PS2 pad... the d-pad felt slightly tighter and more responsive as well :)

I went on to try demitri with his odd diagonal supers and lilith with her half circles. No mess ups and felt natural :) I can finally play Darkstalkers the way I wanted to (since I've been holding it off since it was too hard to play since the controls weren't friendly).

I'm very happy with the results and if you play fighters on your PSP, it's a must. It's almost like black and white in comparison to with or without the mod. I really think anyone here who owns a PSP and posts on the fighter thread should consider modding their system. I think I'll finally get SFA3MAX now finally since I can play it the way it's meant to be.

9.5/10 (would be perfect if the damn screws weren't so hard to unscrew!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back