CAG Foreplay #12: New Releases (8/14/07) Not So Cold Cuts Edition

This week's episode is up in the usual places. As always, written version will be up tomorrow along with a contest thread.

Gamepedia and Delicious Library look awesome. I wish I had a Mac, but alas, I am on a PC. Is there a comparable game collection site or piece of software for Windows? Right now I have it on IGN (which I hate). My DVD collection is on DVDSpot.

[quote name='Tybee']Gamepedia and Delicious Library look awesome. I wish I had a Mac, but alas, I am on a PC. Is there a comparable game collection site or piece of software for Windows? Right now I have it on IGN (which I hate). My DVD collection is on DVDSpot.[/QUOTE]

I've never used it but there is "Collectorz" for the PC. It just doesn't seem to have the nice aesthetics that Gamepedia and Delicious Library have, but it looks to have similar functionality. Plus, it ends with a "Z" so you know it's got to be good and for $40 for the Pro version it damn well better be.

http://www.collectorz.com/game/

[quote name='shipwreck']I've never used it but there is "Collectorz" for the PC. It just doesn't seem to have the nice aesthetics that Gamepedia and Delicious Library have, but it looks to have similar functionality. Plus, it ends with a "Z" so you know it's got to be good and for $40 for the Pro version it damn well better be.

http://www.collectorz.com/game/[/quote]

Yeah, that was the only one I could find and it didn't exactly blow my skirt up (though the fact that you can use it with a barcode scanner is slightly cool). I love how they charge for it and it has half the style and functionality of any number of comparable FREE Mac apps. That's Windows in a nutshell for you. :roll: And the 'z' just means it's extra zesty.

I had hopes there might be something Web-based that wasn't platform specific. There are many good DVD sites like that. But I haven't found anything yet. Maybe I should start a thread on this subject.

bread's done
Back