CAG Foreplay #13: Merry BioShock Day to One and All (8/21/07)

Ship, I hope you didn't just play Ninja 5-0 on Easy. The "To Be Continued" message means there are more levels available, but you have to play them on higher difficulties. Beating Easy unlocks Normal and beating Normal unlocks Hard, each adding its own unique level, so in all there are 5 levels with 20 stages total. The later levels are much more fun and challenging.

Edit: Aww, beaten!

Also, I've got a suggestion for the show, but I'll PM you.

First time listening to the Foreplay podcast and it was really good. I'm gonna hunt down a copy of Urban Yetti, for some reason I love playing crappy/off the wall games.

Looks like we're going to record on Tuesday this week so the show will be up late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning.

Oh and Jeff Minter didn't develop Tempest. He only developed Tempest 2000 and 3000. David Theurer wrote the original game, along with Missile Command, but he's long been away from the games industry and, according to an interview with Minter, doesn't really care what people do with his games.

[quote name='radjago']Ship, I hope you didn't just play Ninja 5-0 on Easy. The "To Be Continued" message means there are more levels available, but you have to play them on higher difficulties. Beating Easy unlocks Normal and beating Normal unlocks Hard, each adding its own unique level, so in all there are 5 levels with 20 stages total. The later levels are much more fun and challenging.

Edit: Aww, beaten!

Also, I've got a suggestion for the show, but I'll PM you.[/QUOTE]
As far as I can tell, Hard mode doesn't have a unique level. Normal mode has all of the game's levels, while Hard mode is just very very difficult.
In the first level of Hard mode alone, the game's weakest enemies can take more damage (It takes two sword slashes or a LOT of Lv. 1 shuriken to kill them), hand out more damage (As in, kill your character in three direct hits), and accidentally killing civilians takes nearly all of your life away. There are also no health pickups in the stages, except for the refills at the end of a stage, so avoiding damage is of greater importance.

bread's done
Back