CAG Forum Search Firefox Plugin

HarassmentPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey fellow CAGs!

I put together a plugin that will search the CAG forums from within Mozilla, Firefox, and Netscape. It works great for me so far, but try it out and give me some feedback.

The installer can be found at my website here. Just click the link and a pop up ahould appear asking if you would like to install the CAG search.

Here is a screenshot:

CAGsearchPREVIEW.png
CAGsearchPREVIEW.png

Installed it and it seems to work great. Good work! I like how it doesn't filter out 3-letter words, which makes searches on things like God of War possible.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the regular forum search now allows those words as well, which is I guess what this search bar is using. Still, nice job.

Whenever I do a search on CAG I constantly (though not always) get:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /usr/home/cheapas/public_html/forums/search.php on line 1057
Note I have no such problem on ANY other forum.

It's extraordinarily easy to add ANY forum search to IE, or any other web browser. Simply download any search box plug-in that allows you to add your own search engines, and then use
Code:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?do=&query=

or

Code:
****insert forum url here****/forums/search.php?do=&query=

as the prefix URL.

Whereas Firefox stupidly requires you to build your own extensions to add new search engines, using a search-engine plug-in that allows for custom search engines allows you to quickly and easily add whatever you like.

So yeah... Firefox doesn't quite "beat the shit" out of IE at that... or any other popular web browser, for that matter.

In fact, adding search engines is SO easy in virtually ANY browser BESIDES Firefox, I can, on a whim, add whatever type of search engine I like.

Let's say I suddenly decided I'd like CAG-o-matic in my drop-down menu.

Seconds later:

easyashellsb1.jpg

It's really that easy.

EDIT: In fact it's so easy I subsequently added the Wikipaedia search engine to my search box after taking this image.

bread's done
Back