CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle: $38K+ Raised, Winners Posted!

damn, wished i got one of those GC, but oh well, it was still a great cause, congrats everyone and good job raising over 38k!

Well, I guess I didn't win. At least I tried & too the repeat winners you definitely have a horseshoe, lol. I've emailed/pm'd my prizes to the winners.

Congrats to all the winners!

The funny thing though is that I never see familiar CAGS ever win... it's always been unknown names since I've been donating for my 4th year now. :p

Hmmm...I kinda feel a little bit inappropriate since we didn't meet the goal. I only donated $5 and it makes me feel kinda...cheap. As if I was a cheap ass who happens to be a gamer.

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you again Cheapy for getting this raffle put together. It's great to be able to donate for a good cause!

I'll have to donate much more next year, now that I finally have a full-time job!

[quote name='the_grimace']Congrats to all the winners!

The funny thing though is that I never see familiar CAGS ever win... it's always been unknown names since I've been donating for my 4th year now. :p[/QUOTE]
I won 2 things last year (including the Kindle Fire) and won 2 again this year. I think your odds go up when you donate a shit ton of money. :D

Hey I won one of the VGFive credits. It's under one of my other emails so I guess that's why it doesn't show my username. Now I just have to read up on VGFive and how to use it.

Congrats to all the winners and I hope all the money we raised will help out as many kids as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
No win for me this year. However last year I won one of the Vitas. Just glad to be able to give back to some kids in need. Thanks CheapyD!

[quote name='CheapyD']
:pc: $200 in credit for Amazon PC Game Downloads -> wangman*****@gmail.com
:360: Just Dance 3 (raarar) -> wangman*****@gmail.com
:pc: 3 x Brazen Steam Keys (dsunshine) -> wangman*****@gmail.com
[/quote]

Two words, lottery ticket.

[quote name='JMusic']Two words, lottery ticket.[/QUOTE]

I hope this guy donated like a thousand dollars or something...

Only my second year, eventually I will win something! But I'm just glad to give to these kids. CAG saves me money, just paying it forward. Congrats to the winners!!

[quote name='JBlade00']No win for me this year. However last year I won one of the Vitas. Just glad to be able to give back to some kids in need. Thanks CheapyD![/QUOTE]

Me too! Winning the Vita and some other prizes last year motivated me to donate a prize this year. It's such a great cause to be involved in :)

When do you guys start collecting for this year? I was planning to donate to this last one, but I was just starting school so things were tight. I definitely plan to donate what I can this year :D

Always happy to donate the past few years. But this year I actually won something. Thanks to all who donated. Too bad we missed the goal of 50k.

glad i donated for this great casue but people winning more then one items seems alittle unfair. Maybe next year make it one item per person just a suggestion.

[quote name='krizax21']glad i donated for this great casue but people winning more then one items seems alittle unfair. Maybe next year make it one item per person just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

It seems fair to me, especially people for those who donate large amounts. I cannot afford to donate much, so I do not expect to win anything, but for those who can give more, it is nice for them to get something back, and if that just happens to be more than one thing, fine.

[quote name='krizax21']glad i donated for this great casue but people winning more then one items seems alittle unfair. Maybe next year make it one item per person just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]
Its not unfair. The more "raffle tickets" you buy, the greater your chances of winning. Otherwise, there is less incentive to donate more.

Do you guys keep tabs on who sent what to the winners?

I haven't heard from mrgamer, but I don't want to start harassing him to give me free shit.

[quote name='Quintessence']It seems fair to me, especially people for those who donate large amounts. I cannot afford to donate much, so I do not expect to win anything, but for those who can give more, it is nice for them to get something back, and if that just happens to be more than one thing, fine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Way I see it too. But there are some people who will say "I can't give much, and most likely have no chance of winning, why why bother?"

[quote name='CheapyD']Its not unfair. The more "raffle tickets" you buy, the greater your chances of winning. Otherwise, there is less incentive to donate more.[/QUOTE]

Is there already a list of top givers? That would also inspire some people to give more, I think. I think people should do it to support the charity first and foremost, but any ways to get more people to donate is good, right? :)

CheapyD mentioned it on the CAGcast podcast. Seems Child's Play (or Penny Arcade?) is having an issue setting up the CAG widget chip in.

Gah, I actually had two games to donate for the raffle. Hopefully he'll get this straightened out at some point.

bread's done
Back