CAG Game Group: Halo 3 Tuesdays @ 9PM EST - add CAGHALO

wubb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
I'd like to start a weekly CAG Halo 3 gaming night on Tuesdays at 9PM EST.

All skill levels are welcome to come out, we should be able to divvy people up between teams to pretty well even things out no matter what levels show up. No worries there.

I've created a new gamer tag for this group "CAGHALO" so please send a friend request (FR) to that gamertag if you want to be invited to these Tuesday night sessions.

Please post here if you are interested and send a FR to CAGHALO!

Plan will be to party up and if we have enough we'll play custom games amongst ourselves, if we don't have enough we'll hop into matchmaking. If you have a cool (or potentially cool) custom game variant/map you'd like to play definitely offer it up in the party as I think we're all game to try stuff out.

Why do I add CAGHALO to my friend's list? There has been a little confusion over the point of the CAGHALO XBL id. CAGHALO is a silver account I created. It won't be sending invites or playing in the games, etc. At game time I will pull up the View Friends list of CAGHALO and send an invite to everyone who is online on that list. So if you want to be sure you get an invite be on CAGHALO's FL. Also if you don't get an invite it's easy enough to see that there are 8 people on that list playing Halo and ask any of them for an invite.

NOTE - The Heroic Map Pack is free and we will most likely be playing on those maps for some of the matches each week. Please download this map pack if you want to participate. (It is 100% free.)

wow i havent played H3 for months.
But hell i think i have some free time coming up so if i'm on the ol'360 on tuesday evening then sure i'll try to jump onto some CAG action.

[quote name='REL1203']people still play Halo 3???[/quote]

Yes.
Do you want to add anything to this thread besides trolling?

Wubb: I would say make a new tag for this, the COD4 and Halo 3 tags are filled with people who don't play. IMO i'd like to see this group have a closer knit clique of a few people that really do enjoy fraggin with each other.

Glad to see some interest. :D

BiB - Yeah I'll look at making a new tag this evening.

Just a note that all skill levels are welcome from somebody that hasn't played Halo 3 online yet up to Brigadiers and Generals.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Yes.
Do you want to add anything to this thread besides trolling?

Wubb: I would say make a new tag for this, the COD4 and Halo 3 tags are filled with people who don't play. IMO i'd like to see this group have a closer knit clique of a few people that really do enjoy fraggin with each other.[/quote]

Sorry John, didnt mean to offend another CAG COD player, i was really being serious asking if people still play Halo enough. I never see anyone still playing it, and was asking a serious question.

[quote name='REL1203']Sorry John, didnt mean to offend another CAG COD player, i was really being serious asking if people still play Halo enough. I never see anyone still playing it, and was asking a serious question.[/QUOTE]

Yes people still play it. It's still near the top of the XBL games played list every week. I believe it's been #2 to COD4 for a while and last week it was #3 behind GTA and COD4.

I'm just hoping we get enough CAGs to come out that we can have fun with some custom games every week.

Yeah it'd be nice to have people to play custom stuff with. The playing field seemed more level with objective gametypes yesterday.

Why Tuesdays? When Halo 3 was first released, we had a Friday and Saturday game night and that worked out well (for one or two weeks at least).

I am down either way as my school is finished.

[quote name='ananag112']Why Tuesdays? When Halo 3 was first released, we had a Friday and Saturday game night and that worked out well (for one or two weeks at least).

I am down either way as my school is finished.[/quote]

Weekend nights most of us are out and about, i think we had 2 good friday nights in a row because Halo 3 just released was the new hotness. I really hope we get a following thats even half as decent as the COD4 nights.

REL- Sorry man! I was automatically on the defensive, i am used to everyone bitching about Halo 3.

I would love to get in on this. I am really not good at all, though I love to play. I was involved with our CAG Fortress 2 group for a while, but school and kids got in the way of that. I'm our school's drama director and our big spring production (Zombie Prom FTW) is over, so my schedule is opening up for more gaming.

I guess what I'm getting at is I would really like to play even though I haven't been active in the CAG Halo clan and I kind of disappeared from the TF2 clan.

Sounds god m3tal, like I said everyone down to a raw n00b up to a general is definitely welcome.

I've created a gamertag for this gamer group "CAGHALO" so start sending your FRs to that tag!

Sent CAGHALO a friend request. I'll join in whenever available, which will probably include next tuesday.

EDIT: Be wary of HotShot's custom gametypes! You've been warned. :whistle2:#

I picked up a 360 and Halo 3 several weeks ago. I'm still having some difficulty getting used to the 360 controller, but it's free kills for the rest of you, right? It might be fun to join in for some of these.

there was that one thread way back, but maybe you should add a section so that people who want to coordinate can play legendary co-op.

more players + skulls is fun.

This will motivate me to actually open my copy of Halo 3 (I played a separate copy for 2-3 weeks). I'll also add the CAGHALO nick to the clans sticky if that's ok. Will ahve to see what MSUHitman wants to do with his CAG Halo list.

Sure, definitely enjoyed playing last Tuesday. First time I played custom maps, definitely made the game feel fresh.

Added CAGHALO so if available will more than likely be joining you guys Wubb. Though probably won't log on until close to 9 like last time. :)

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']This will motivate me to actually open my copy of Halo 3 (I played a separate copy for 2-3 weeks). I'll also add the CAGHALO nick to the clans sticky if that's ok. Will ahve to see what MSUHitman wants to do with his CAG Halo list.[/QUOTE]

Adding it sounds fine to me. I know MSUHitman is still actively maintaining the CAG Halo Clan tag and I'm not trying to step on his toes with this one.

--

I doubt we'll be able to play on the Legendary MP, although I do have it. That reminds me that I wanted to note in the OP that players should be sure to download the free Heroic Map Pack before coming out for a game night.

It's added. I'll see what MSUHitman wants to do with his or if some kind of distinction should be made between the two.

I'm looking forward to trying some of this file sharing business that's been going on with Halo 3. The custom maps/game types intrigue me most I think. (I need to try this Grifball thing)

You could note that CAG Halo Clan is for general Halo 3 gaming and CAGHALO is geared mainly towards the Tuesday 9PM EST gaming night.

I kind of agree with what a few others have said on here - the CAG Halo Clan tag seems to have a lot of people on it who no longer ever play Halo 3. But I don't know of a good way to clean it up either.

Well, I signed up with CAGHALO, maybe we can play sometime soon :)

The previous map pack is free now, right? I should download that. Is everyone playing on the newest maps or can I save some scratch and not buy those?

[quote name='daroga']Well, I signed up with CAGHALO, maybe we can play sometime soon :)

The previous map pack is free now, right? I should download that. Is everyone playing on the newest maps or can I save some scratch and not buy those?[/QUOTE]

If everyone that shows up owns the new maps we'll probably play some on them, but I doubt that will happen and you don't have to buy them to come out.

I'll see if I can get my gold subscription back by Tuesday so I can play with you guys. I warn you though: I'm pretty good. At least was - I haven't played Halo in a while.

I'm down to play ... I loved this game back before everything else came out. I think I'm on the Halo 3 clan, so if anybody wants to play send me an invite.

Well when I created the Halo 3 clan on bungie.net then the CAG Halo Clan gamertag, there were 80 people on the bungie group and then it was open for other people and it has stayed around full membership ever since I created it.

I always every couple of days go in to see if there are any new people who sent friend requests or if anyone hadn't played their 360 in awhile to open up for new people. On the 360 I can't tell when the last time someone played a certain game is, so I could have done it on the PC but I would have to remember the email address I made for it/password, etc.

If everyone wanted this I would have gladly done it but no one every PM'd me so what I thought I was doing was OK. I even posted a couple of times if anyone had any suggestions, etc. and no one ever said anything. If this was such a problem I would have just done a mass deletion and we could have readded people without having to create a new gamertag, but whatever.

Should I even keep this tag now then?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well when I created the Halo 3 clan on bungie.net then the CAG Halo Clan gamertag, there were 80 people on the bungie group and then it was open for other people and it has stayed around full membership ever since I created it.

I always every couple of days go in to see if there are any new people who sent friend requests or if anyone hadn't played their 360 in awhile to open up for new people. On the 360 I can't tell when the last time someone played a certain game is, so I could have done it on the PC but I would have to remember the email address I made for it/password, etc.

If everyone wanted this I would have gladly done it but no one every PM'd me so what I thought I was doing was OK. I even posted a couple of times if anyone had any suggestions, etc. and no one ever said anything. If this was such a problem I would have just done a mass deletion and we could have readded people without having to create a new gamertag, but whatever.

Should I even keep this tag now then?[/QUOTE]

I'd keep your tag around as an overall Halo tag and this one will be basically just for the Tuesday game nights. If these game nights fizzle out this tag will basically be abandoned. Originally I kicked around the idea of creating a new tag or using the existing CAG Halo Clan one in the OP, but as you can see I eventually decided to create a new one.

I'm not sure if you read the entire thread but I mentioned that I know you are continuing to maintain the CAG Halo Clan tag and didn't intend to step on your toes with this new one.

Might set up some mongoose jousting on Rats nest and Valhala maps for this, as in mongoose races with the pasangers weilding sniper rifles.

Tonight's the night. Let's send those FRs people!

Like I said if we don't have enough for customs we'll jump into matchmaking.

But I'll plan to start with some sort of custom (probably FFA) that people can join in session as they hop on XBL.

Someone bump this thread around 8 or 9 so I'm more likely to remember. Hopefully you guys will be playing for a good amount of time. I'll try and see if I can find any new cool custom gametypes.

Just have CAGHALO (or me I guess) on your friend's list and we should be in a joinable custom game/lobby you can join in mid session. Easy.

Worse case is we are in a matchmaking game and you'll have to wait for that one to end. But I'm hoping we'll have enough to avoid matchmaking.

Hey guys, i'd like to get in on this action. I take its as easy and sending a FR to CAGHALO and joining session in progress?

[quote name='Dee_Lucky']Hey guys, i'd like to get in on this action. I take its as easy and sending a FR to CAGHALO and joining session in progress?[/QUOTE]

Yep. If you are online at 9 you'll also get an invite from me (now that you are on CAGHALO's FL) unless I screw something up.

45 minutes until go!

bread's done
Back