CAG Game Group: Halo 3 Tuesdays @ 9PM EST - add CAGHALO

does CAG night consist of any regular killing modes or is it all custom game modes?

like no regular team slayer/ctf or anything?

The first game we did was a CTF match. Granted the map was altered slightly, but it was still there. Try prodding the host to throw up some regular gametypes once in a while.

It seemed like we basically played whatever was requested. For example, last night a bunch of us were asking to play Infection on Sandtrap, so we did!

We typically do some standard gametypes and modes.

But it's also true that the only time you can do customs is with a party so we do like to dabble in those, too.

So, are we playing tomorrow night? If so, I would like to recommend that we play Rage in a Cage. I discovered it a about a week ago and after playing a couple rounds with some friends I've found it's pretty crazy, but pretty fun.

[quote name='YodaEXE']So, are we playing tomorrow night? If so, I would like to recommend that we play Rage in a Cage. I discovered it a about a week ago and after playing a couple rounds with some friends I've found it's pretty crazy, but pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

You can bring the map and just ask if we can play it. I don't think people would be against it.

I will be hosting again tonight at 9pm EST. I'll look for a few maps on Bungie today,and yes, Robert Neville will be making a return. See you all tonight.

~HotShotX

Me n sp00gums will be on soonish, once this CD rips and sp00gums rockband shit dloads. Also, me and sp00ge get on the big H3 every night around 10/10:30 EST if anyone wants to start joining us, PM me.

Good games tonight, guys. A lot less hit or misses than last week, and definitely some solid game types. Sorry it started dying really badly after 2.5 hours (*cough* Cops & Robbers *cough*), but I hope everyone had fun and will be returning next week.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Good games tonight, guys. A lot less hit or misses than last week, and definitely some solid game types. Sorry it started dying really badly after 2.5 hours (*cough* Cops & Robbers *cough*), but I hope everyone had fun and will be returning next week.

~HotShotX[/quote]
Yeah, it went down a bit at that point, but it was definitely a lot of fun tonight. Laserball was certainly a blast :D

[quote name='YodaEXE']Yeah, it went down a bit at that point, but it was definitely a lot of fun tonight. Laserball was certainly a blast :D[/quote]

Seconded, Laserball will definitely be making a return next week.

~HotShotX

Glad this is marching on!

HotShot and I will have a fishbowl match to the death to see who continues hosting once I get my 360 back. Loser has to sell his 360! :whee:

[quote name='PocariSweat']Here are some high/low lights from tonight:
*AWESOME VIDEOS*[/quote]
Hahaha nicely done! I look forward to seeing more of those. I wish you had some clips from Laserball, especially HotShot bitching about being lasered.

[quote name='YodaEXE']And on a related note, how do I go about making videos such as those? Do you have to do anything special?[/QUOTE]

I just use a DVD recorder then encode it to xvid and sometimes convert it to WMV.

If you want, find that clip and put it in your share folder and recommend it to me. Make sure you put CAG in the subject or I'll delete it without reading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope everyone has the Legendary Map Pack, because this week I'm looking to throw in the successor to Gauntlet Run (Sandtrap)...Gauntlet Sled (Avalanche). :)

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']I hope everyone has the Legendary Map Pack, because this week I'm looking to throw in the successor to Gauntlet Run (Sandtrap)...Gauntlet Sled (Avalanche). :)

~HotShotX[/quote]
That sounds interesting. I don't quite remember though, what was Gauntlet Run? I remember playing it, but all the modes sort of blur together.

My 360 is currently out for delivery today so I may have it back in time to join the game tonight.

I'm down with HotShot still running it tonight. (Especially since I'm not sure I'll actually have it.)

There are a couple interesting looking maps on the Legendary pack but so far there's always been a few that don't have the pack. IIRC the last time I was running this you didn't have it either HotShot. :whistle2:k

[quote name='wubb']My 360 is currently out for delivery today so I may have it back in time to join the game tonight.

I'm down with HotShot still running it tonight. (Especially since I'm not sure I'll actually have it.)

There are a couple interesting looking maps on the Legendary pack but so far there's always been a few that don't have the pack. IIRC the last time I was running this you didn't have it either HotShot. :whistle2:k[/quote]

Good to hear, I'll run tonight as planned, and pass things off to you for next week, although I'm sure I and the CAG Grifball Team will be in regular attendance.

And yeah, I got the Legendary Map pack recently, and I'm still working on the Gauntlet Sled map (pretty much putting in the final touches).

Do me a favor and go through the CAG HALO list and add in all those who sent a FR in the past week, thanks.

~HotShotX

Are there any spots open? Since the COD4 guys kicked me out a while back, and Halo 3 is going on sale again next week, and the Legendary Pack has dropped in price, and I haven't even played the game in 6 months, I figure it's worth picking up again.

Sure there's spots. Just don't do whatever got you kicked out by the COD4 guys...

Halo 3 maxes at 16 in the party so once it fills up people have to kind of slide in as others leave.

HotShot - added the ones that are there now. I try to hop back on around 8PM or so to get any late FRs. Although I've been a little less vigilant with that the past few weeks. I have checked them at some point every Tuesday however.

I look forward to playing again tonight. These games are always so much fun. We do need to play a round of Vent tonight, if only so I can download the gamemode afterwards >_>

Hmm. Hit a snag with getting my 360 today.

I might be able to pick it up in the next couple hours, but if not I'm out again this week. :cry:

[quote name='wubb']Hmm. Hit a snag with getting my 360 today.

I might be able to pick it up in the next couple hours, but if not I'm out again this week. :cry:[/quote]
Awww. I hope you can get it wubb! I haven't gotten to play with you before, and I was looking forward to it!

[quote name='wubb']Managed to pick up my 360 so I should be there tonight.

T-1 hour. :D[/quote]
Woohoo! Awesome! :D Look forward to playing with you.

The match with warps, I didn't even want to move. It was chaos.

Here is some action from tonight:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4c9bWU9IzE[/media]
Link for HQ video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4c9bWU9IzE

The magazine rack was kicked over tonight!

Some other unrelated clip:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YQ7Kf8gvY[/media]
Link for HQ video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YQ7Kf8gvY

If anyone wants a clip captured and uploaded. Put it in you share folder and recommend it to me. Make sure to put CAG in the subject or I might delete it without reading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there tonight and big thanks to HotShot again for running things.

The loud "We want wubb" chant was touching but ultimately very rude to CHS.

bread's done
Back