[CAG Game Group] TEAM FORTRESS 2 - **sign up with CAG Fortress 2!!**

[quote name='Kaijufan']If you want updates you got to get the PC version. ;)[/quote]

I have a horrible computer. I bought it for pc and can't run it. Best money I've spent in a long time, hehe.

I've been playing this a bit recently, mainly because the only other multi game I have (GoW2) is pissing me off. Got this game when it was on sale at CC for $16 right before all the stores were said to be go. I'm not great but would like to play with some people. maybe a game night can startup again? 8 vs 8 would be great especially for those CAGs who want that achievement requiring several friends in game.

alright 2 people interested so far. how's Monday or Tuesday for a cag game night for you guys? 11pm until whenever am EST is when I usually get a TF2 fix. I might setup a blog to attract more to the game night.

played a few games last night and did better than normal (getting at least 30 points is very good for me so far!) got a lot of practice with the spy but still not good enough. demo is great but gotta learn how to aim better

okay so far for the TF2 CAG Game Night Summer '09 Ed we have:

CAG Name.......XBL Name

Gamer SDP......Gamer SDP
Tybee............Tybes
Coper3000......whiSkeyz
nnthomas.......demifish

so is how is Monday or Tuesday late night 11pm EST on sound?

played a few games last night and did better than normal (getting at least 30 points is very good for me so far!) got a lot of practice with the spy but still not good enough. demo is great but gotta learn how to aim better

okay so far for the TF2 CAG Game Night Summer '09 Ed we have:

CAG Name.......XBL Name

Gamer SDP......Gamer SDP
Tybee............Tybes
Coper3000......whiSkeyz
nnthomas.......demifish

hopefully we can get at least 8 people total. so is how is Monday or Tuesday late night 11pm EST on sound?

TF2 CAG Game Night Summer '09 Ed

CAG Name.......XBL Name
Gamer SDP......Gamer SDP
Tybee............Tybes
Coper3000......whiSkeyz
nnthomas.......demifish
screwkick.......Stubenrauch
dkreegz515.....dkreegz515

all right that is 6 so far. Game night will be Tuesday night (11 pm est start for now, might move it up). I'm gonna get some practice in so add me if you want to play.

CAG Name...................XBL Name
Gamer SDP...................Gamer SDP
Tybee...........................Tybes
Coper3000....................whiSkeyz
nnthomas.....................demifish
screwkick......................Stubenrauch
dkreegz515..................dkreegz515
ChickenBoyBryan..........ChickenBoyBryan
foltzie............................foltzie
GLOCKGLOCK................DRUNKZ 27

alright 9 so far. 11pm EST Tuesday night. I'll send a FR to everyone

Coper3000...................whiSkeyz
foltzie...........................foltzie
GLOCKGLOCK...............DRUNKZ 27
The Truth 34................HurrricaneDitka
macontosh2000...........macontosh2000
ninjaspeedrazor...........Drock475

alright 12 people so far! I'll check here/update once again around 8PM EST. By 11 I'll send out party invites, and we'll see who's the best to host it (my connection won't do for the most part). We'll vote on game type and try to divide teams fairly in the lobby.

later

I should note that I have an XBL Silver membership currently. I have a gold card setting next to my 360, which will be activated later this evening.

I should note that I have an XBL Silver membership currently, in case any invites bounce.

I have a XBL gold card setting next to my 360, which will be activated later today.

Dunno if this is the place to ask, but has there been a radical change in the Sniper or Engineer class since TFC? I know I have some achievements from using system link option, but that doesn't help when battling others...

Also I'm kinda down to play with y'all if I wasn't watching my son most of the time. Maybe just do a quick check if you guys don't have a full room and add me in (if thats ok, of course)

don't know what TFC is. also I got the game several months ago so don't know.

I'll add you to the list. I don't know if there's a way to make rooms private (probably not) which would make these easier.

foltzie...........................foltzie
The Truth 34................HurrricaneDitka
macontosh2000...........macontosh2000
Janaak.........................Janaak

okay that's the list for the first night (13 total). I'll send party invites to everyone a little before 11pm.

Sorry i had to leave early, i have to wake up early in the morning.

I had a blast, i will probably join again next week if we continue to do this.

That was fun, but I think I was having connection issues, I couldn't touch anyone during that last match... and the Sentries were getting on my nerves. They remind me too much of campers and that's my #1 peeve about online gaming.

At least I got the stupid 7 friend achievement, now I can boost the rest easily.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']don't know what TFC is. also I got the game several months ago so don't know.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, TFC or Team Fortress Classic was the in-pack (right wording, I dunno) game with the original Half-Life waaaaaaaay back in the day on the PC. Even when CS (Counter Strike) was out, I would play TFC over that any day.

That was a lot of fun. I rarely play multiplayer FPS's because I'm too intimidated, but I find TF2 very approachable, and it's even moreso when playing with CAGs. I actually felt like I was contributing toward the end there. There was one awesome round in particular when we had less than 30 seconds left and three of us bum-rushed the final capture point for the win. Whoever was playing the spy made my life miserable. ;)

ChickenBoyBrian's mic appeared to be malfunctioning or something toward the end, as I was getting nonstop static from him and had to turn my headset down. Sorry if I wasn't very communicative!

There were some good games last night. All of Well was quite back and forth and GPit had a sweet cap in the last minute. Overall fun time and look forward to doing it again.

I might have to get this for 360 since I gave up my PS3 version thinking the community was all but dead. I go to bed around 11 on Mondays though so I wouldn't be able to join in on CAG night

[quote name='QiG']I might have to get this for 360 since I gave up my PS3 version thinking the community was all but dead. I go to bed around 11 on Mondays though so I wouldn't be able to join in on CAG night[/QUOTE]

Its $20 at most places new, and used could be even cheaper... Its not as good as the Steam version, but darn if it isnt still a blast.

some good games there. I think next time we should just do attack/defend rather than control points or territories. Tybee was better than he claimed. and nnthomas, camping is expected in this game especially for engies, snipers, and spies. TF2 is not a typical shooter where everyone is the same. this is a class based game so teamwork is needed in order to meet the objective. next time we have to balance out the teams more. input by others would be nice

whiskey and hurricane (Coper3000 and The Truth 34 on CAG respectively) were really good from what I've seen. the last game in particular when people were dropping off and hurricane had to switch to the other side to make it 2 v 2.

we had 13 on the list (12 excluding myself) and I think 9 of us made it to the CAG room at one time or another.

I realized foltzie's gt was wrong when I got a fr from "foltzie1". I did however joined a game that he was in later by chance. that game was horrible though since the connection was eh and I kept getting kicked and teams kept switiching up.

I also saw dkreegz515 on playing TF2 and sent me a party invite. however, I wasn't able to join his game.

so all in all 9 of 13 were playing TF2 together while 11 of 13 were on TF2. the 2 no shows were Janaak and screwkick.

I'm thinking of switching the game night to Monday maybe 10:30 (EST) this time, how's that for everyone? I'll start up a list after this. also please list you general location so we can determine who's best suitable for hosting (and if you can host 16)

I enjoyed the TF2 night as well. I had some good nights back in the day playing with CAGs and this was more of the same. Someone did have a screwed up mic near the end which made it difficult to communicate on my team.

I think the game really thrives with large teams and good communication so if we can get a consistent group of people that communicate well I'd love to keep playing each week.

Also if anyone wants to get together to knock out the other achievements sometime, let me know.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Also if anyone wants to get together to knock out the other achievements sometime, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I'm down :D

10:30 on Monday works. I'm in Atlanta. Was able to host 16 last time. Will be happy to do it again if necessary.

[quote name='woodcan']I'm down :D[/QUOTE]

Ditto that. I have almost none of the TF2 achievements, not even the ones for playing all the maps or classes.

basically all of the TF2 achievements (except the friend's one) can be done locally. just set up a system link match and wait it out (1 vs 0 players) or get extra controllers.

TF2's achievements I rather get while playing.

Next game night is this Monday at 10:30 PM EST.

Please post saying you are interested. Include your gamertag and general geographical location (to determine hosting issues). also mention if you have a mic and how well you are as a TF2 player.
I'm looking to play Attack/Defend or 2Fort this time around and would like to make games were balanced a slightly more competitive.

I'll set up the list soon.

I'm hoping to be there Monday night. I've got a ton of stuff going on, including moving. But yeah, 2fort might be our best bet as far as levels, since it's not very complicated and I know a few members are still getting accustomed or re-accustomed to TF2.

Alright Monday 10:30 pm EST. So far 7 total. Again I'll send a party invite by 10:30. Wait and talk a bit and decide host. Host sends everyone in party an invite and hopefully from there it's game time.

foltzie...........................foltzie1
Khondor.......................Khondor

if anyone wants to join please mention so. Make sure you state your gt. It'll also be helpful to add your location to help with hosting.

bread's done
Back