[CAG Game Group] TEAM FORTRESS 2 - **sign up with CAG Fortress 2!!**

I have an ice hockey game at 9:20pm which means I wont be on until 11pm or so. I'll join up and get into some games if everyone is still playing. If the group has broken up by then and we don't have enough for 4v4 or more maybe we can get a smaller group together to knock out some achievements.

EDIT - I might go out to pick up NCAA at midnight as well, but not sure yet. That would cut me down to only a few games.

If it's not too late, I'd like to get on this game night too. I haven't opened my copy of the Orange Box, so I'll be very new to the game, but I'd like to try it out with some CAG's and go for the achievements too. My tag is: Shinobi Hanzo

10 in total. Again I'll send a party invite by 10:30. Wait and talk a bit and decide host. Host sends everyone in party an invite and hopefully from there it's game time.

CAG Name...................XBL Name

Gamer SDP...................Gamer SDP
foltzie...........................foltzie1
GLOCKGLOCK...............DRUNKZ 27
Khondor.......................Khondor
Tybee...........................Tybes
Coper3000...................whiSkeyz
ninjaspeedrazor...........Drock475
Radjago........................Radjago
macontosh2000............macontosh2000
wjhard63......................Shinobi Hanzo

if anyone wants to join please mention so. Make sure you state your gt. It'll also be helpful to add your location to help with hosting. We ARE NOT going for achievements. The only achievement that might be boosted during these games is the friends' one.

the list for tonight

Gamer SDP...................Gamer SDP
foltzie...........................foltzie1
GLOCKGLOCK...............DRUNKZ 27
Khondor.......................Khondor
Tybee...........................Tybes
Coper3000...................whiSkeyz
ninjaspeedrazor...........Drock475
Radjago........................Radjago
macontosh2000............macontosh2000
wjhard63......................Shinobi Hanzo
The Truth 34.................HurrricaneDitka

That was a lot of fun tonight. Sorry to my teammates if I didn't seem like I knew what was going on - this was the first time I played TF2. I really like it - I hope we can get together next week for another round.

I'd vote two maps per week. I was pretty tired of 2Fort by the end.

Trying to get the World Class achievement and have lost track of which classes I've finished a game with and which I haven't. Is there any way to see which classes I still need to play with to get it?

[quote name='Tybee']I'd vote two maps per week. I was pretty tired of 2Fort by the end.

Trying to get the World Class achievement and have lost track of which classes I've finished a game with and which I haven't. Is there any way to see which classes I still need to play with to get it?[/QUOTE]

You can just set up a system link game with no opponents and play as each class to get that achievement out of the way. You can actually do all of the achievements that do not involve getting kills this way.

Good games tonight everyone. I got there around 11:30 and we had a couple good games before people broke up for the night.

Ack, sorry I couldn't make it. I was on playing before CAG night, then my connection gave out like it has since Time Warner 'fixed it', after canceling my internet instead of cable.

Go ahead and add me to the list although I usually don't get online until around 10:30 or 11PM CST.

woodcan....................fleshribbon

2 maps per week sounds good, I was getting pretty tired of 2fort by the end too, overall a lot of fun though. Sorry I had to bail after 2fort, had to work early in the morning.

I had a decent post but it didn't get posted...

not too many people showed up that time so 2Fort was eh. I think Attack/Defend would be best for game nights.

won't be around for next week so I won't be organizing anything obviously. I'll be back the week of the 26th so next game night (that I organize) is that week

oh and if anyone is "good" at the game, please give me tips on how I'm doing. TF2 is the first fps shooter I've actually played (Gears 2 being my first shooter) not counting the few times I played Halo or CoD at people's places.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I had a decent post but it didn't get posted...

not too many people showed up that time so 2Fort was eh. I think Attack/Defend would be best for game nights.

won't be around for next week so I won't be organizing anything obviously. I'll be back the week of the 26th so next game night (that I organize) is that week

oh and if anyone is "good" at the game, please give me tips on how I'm doing. TF2 is the first fps shooter I've actually played (Gears 2 being my first shooter) not counting the few times I played Halo or CoD at people's places.[/QUOTE]

With Gamer SDP being out, I can organize a night for Monday, if there are enough interested. I've not hosted a game before, but I figure we can alternate between two maps for as long as we have a strong contingent playing. If you're interested in playing on Monday night (7/20) at 10:30 EST, either post here or PM me and I'll post a list of players for that night.

Tybee, I had fun playing a few games with you last night. Had a buddy over (trying to convince him to pick up the Orange Box), but it wasn't Halo-ey enough for him, so we switched over to L4D.

[quote name='wjhard63']With Gamer SDP being out, I can organize a night for Monday, if there are enough interested. I've not hosted a game before, but I figure we can alternate between two maps for as long as we have a strong contingent playing. If you're interested in playing on Monday night (7/20) at 10:30 EST, either post here or PM me and I'll post a list of players for that night.

Tybee, I had fun playing a few games with you last night. Had a buddy over (trying to convince him to pick up the Orange Box), but it wasn't Halo-ey enough for him, so we switched over to L4D.[/QUOTE]

Yep! That was fun. I've been playing a lot this week, trying to unlock the achievements through actual play, rather than boosting. I've gotten pretty comfortable with all the classes, though I'm terrible as the sniper. The opposing team's sniper just picks me off again and again. May have to boost that head shot achievement. ;)

And the reason I like TF2 is precisely BECAUSE it's not Halo-ey. Although I hate when I get into hacked games and people are flying around, jumping unaffected by gravity, using force lighting, unlimited ammo, invulnerability...bleh. What's the point? Congratulations, you broke the game!

Count me out guys. I'm in the process of moving, and might even have to sell my 360. If I don't, it will probably be a while before I even have a chance to get back on live.

I haven't been keeping up on the thread, so I didn't expect to see a game tonight. I was caught up in some major work on N+'s last 5 episodes. I'm game for next time.

It was just wjhard and I for a while, then The Truth joined in. We basically worked on achievements. It doesn't count as boosting if you're among friends. ;)

been a bit busy since I got back home a few days ago. won't really have time to organize a game night for a while since I have things going on at night. If I'm on TF2 shot an invite and I'll must likely leave the room I'm in

TheTruth and I hooked up for a few skirmishes on Sunday. I'm always up for playing, so if you see me on (even if I'm playing something else), don't be afraid to send an invite.

And if anyone wants to start up the CAG TF2 nights again at a later date, just say so.

Does anyone want to do a CAG TF2 night tonight at 10:30 p.m. EST? If so, I can host and we can try some different maps from the last game night. Thanks!

played some TF2 yesterday. there was an "update" waiting, researched it and heard about the crap it fixes/adds.

I had horrible lag in most of the rooms I was in. I never had that much lag or at that high level of it before hand. It might be lag, but I believe there were some lagswitchers around. For example, I tried to backstab a heavy or soldier only to have everything freeze. I kept trying to backstab since I thought I was lagging. Next thing I knew, game resumed, got a backstab, oh and got backstabed myself immediately. There are also some points where I got stuck in place. I could fire and turn but not move or jump. Oh and class limits are gay. Seriously there is no indication of what is limited or when it changes. The host basically has control.

After playing this game religiously and dabbling in TF2 Clans for close to a year, then taking a break for several months...somehow Valve made the game worse.

Why oh WHY won't it tell me what kind of class limits there are in a server before I join?

If there's a way I can filter, please let me know.

Otherwise, here I come towards building a dedicated TF2 PC.

This update has ruined TF2 on the Xbox 360 for me. My gold subscription ran out a few months back and I haven't been playing TF2 since. I created a new account and got a free month, so I decided to play some TF2. Now, I am getting stuck in gimmick games such as engineers vs spies which are simply not fun for me. Even in regular games, I am getting stuck with limits on my favorite classes such as only one spy allowed. Its horrible when the one spy on your team is useless, there are no medics, and the other team has 3 engineers.

They haven't given us a good class update since launch and when they finally do give us an update, its something like this which ruins the game. With this and L4D2, my love of Valve has really gone down.

And, I don't like some of the PC updates either like this recent changes to the teleporter.

I'd be up for getting a large group of CAGs together again for another go. Never enjoyed the game so much as when I was playing it with y'all.

I'm up for a CAG game night too. It was a lot of fun for the two game nights I got into and I'm still working towards that 1000 kill achievement, so I definitely could play a few games.

I can probably play this weekend. Not sure if I have plans tomorrow (Friday) night or not, but if not, I'll hop on for sure.

Alright guys, Lets make a game night for this weekend. Friday????? I love playing TF2 but think it would be so much better with "friends" and people to talk with.

bread's done
Back