CAG Gaming Group - Call of Duty 4 Thursdays

It seems that Call of Duty 4 has so much left in the tank that they could push World at War back a couple months and still make money like Trump.

[quote name='xcoax']I'm also thinking it would be weak as hell if they didn't release another map pack soon. Both previous COD games have had two map packs.

Although the second ones for both games in my opinion sucked ass. The one free map in the second pack of the COD2 maps was totally awesome though.[/quote]

I read somewhere that Infinity Ward is done as far as Maps for COD4.
They have moved onto the next project as far as new content is concerned.
It was stated that this release of COD had more Maps packed in than any previous COD game and they could have held back a number of them for DLC later but chose not to.
Although it sucks and I hope im wrong, but I believe COD4 is done as far as new maps go :cry:

I added CAGCOD4 but I don't think that worked. Anyone who will be on tonight wanna send me a f/r so I can play with you guys?

dk/naes; just add a bunch of those you see posting regularly on here to your friends lists! I've already added you both, but I'm not on until late on Thursdays. :(

And yeah, the COD friend thing on the 360 is not being checked (for a while now).

well im considering joining you gals for the first time in a long ass time.
but im not buying the maps until theyre 400pt tomorrow.
so i dunno.

Wow, this one one of the sparsest COD4 Thursdays I have ever seen.
Why I remember back when a Thursday night would bring out 20+ CAGs
for COD action.
Ahhh, the good old days :oldman:

*wanders off to bed

I personally quit playing (with the group) since there was a lot of drama going on at the time.

Although I haven't played COD4 in ages anyway.

[quote name='Khondor']Wow, this one one of the sparsest COD4 Thursdays I have ever seen.
for COD action.

*wanders off to bed[/QUOTE]

Better check your bed beforehand for claymores! :lol:

Sorry there was already a group of 6 after I ate and listened to the end of the Cards game so I just played Tales of Vesperia because I didn't want to force everyone into Ground War.

The other reason I've been more excited about Halo 3 than COD 4 lately is I did 1 full prestige and I'm not going to be doing anymore, plus Halo will keep getting new content while CoD 4 is done with new content.

[quote name='Khondor']Wow, this one one of the sparsest COD4 Thursdays I have ever seen.
for COD action.

*wanders off to bed[/QUOTE]

NHL 09 owns our souls.

[quote name='R1V3R5']Better check your bed beforehand for claymores! :lol:[/quote]

Rivers, you are hilarious, man. I hope you stick with us when Gears 2 and World at War release. :D

[quote name='Shan82']I'm sure this weekend will see a lot of action due to the double XP!! :D Fun times ahead! ;)[/quote]

I really hope Infinity Ward releases the new playlists this weekend/Friday. I think October would be a bit too late and too close to World at War for many people to care.

Oh! And it was nice seeing DC return! :bouncy: Welcome back, sir! :wave:

[quote name='chasemurata']Oh! And it was nice seeing DC return! :bouncy: Welcome back, sir! :wave:[/QUOTE]

It was great to be back. Now that work and home are starting to slow down, I should be online more often.

Jesus Christ. After coming back to COD4 from BFBC its crazy.

I hate to admit this but I straight suck. I am going to have to get back in the swing of things quick.

Crap ass BFBC has ruined me of any fast moments since that game is slow as hell.

Bah!

[quote name='DCriminal']It was great to be back. Now that work and home are starting to slow down, I should be online more often.[/quote]

I'll jump in.....

Welcome Back DCriminal!!!!

yeah, i really need to get used to it again, last night was the first time ive played since april.
i looked over the score leaderboards and everybody on my list had played 15 to 20+ times the hours ive played.

[quote name='chasemurata']
I really hope Infinity Ward releases the new playlists this weekend/Friday. I think October would be a bit too late and too close to World at War for many people to care.

[/quote]

I don't think IW needs to be worried about WaW, thats just me tho.

Has it started? Man, It's going to be hard to balance this, NHL 09, and Rock Band 2 coming out on Sunday while still trying to actually live life.

played a little this afternoon. id have played more but a buddy wanted me to join him for some halo.
im going to play cod4 a good bit this weekend i think.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I don't think IW needs to be worried about WaW, thats just me tho.[/QUOTE]

I don't think IW does, but it may further kill the CAG group. It's been sparse the past few times I've played, and from Khondor's post this Thursday was even worse. Of course, I'm part of the problem as I've barely played this summer.

Seems like several of the regulars plan on picking up World at War, so if the online in that is decent it could be the final nail in the CAG COD4 nights.

[quote name='paz9x']played a little this afternoon. id have played more but a buddy wanted me to join him for some halo.
im going to play cod4 a good bit this weekend i think.[/QUOTE]

It was fun playing with/against ya, Powers. I need to purge some people on my friends list and shoot you a friend request. :mrgreen:

And to all lurkers and everyone else who hasn't yet played with us, please feel free to post or add us. The more people the merrier. We're jolly like Robin Hood's troop in Robin Hood: Men in Tights. ;)

[quote name='dmaul1114']I don't think IW does, but it may further kill the CAG group. It's been sparse the past few times I've played, and from Khondor's post this Thursday was even worse. Of course, I'm part of the problem as I've barely played this summer.

Seems like several of the regulars plan on picking up World at War, so if the online in that is decent it could be the final nail in the CAG COD4 nights.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely picking up World at War. I have a feeling Treyarch did us right this time around. :whistle2:k

Yesterday saw about eleven of us playing. Sure, that's down from filling up both sides of a Ground War match, but man, it's been almost a year. I think the fact that we still have a significant amount of active players is a testament to Infinity Ward's brilliance and, to toot our horns, us being able to recognize a great game. :D

I think Heart said he was going to create the World at War group. :whistle2:k

Yesterday saw about eleven of us playing. Sure, that's down from filling up both sides of a Ground War match, but man, it's been almost a year. I think the fact that we still have a significant amount of active players is a testament to Infinity Ward's brilliance and, to toot our horns, us being able to recognize a great game. :D
[/QUOTE]

11 isn't bad at all. Khondor's post made it sound worse. The last couple of times I played we only had 4 or 5 until midnight EST or so then a few more hopped on. But unfortunately I can't play much later than that.

I'll probably play some more after the next two weeks (get back in town late next Thurs) up until Gears 2 comes out.

11 sounds pretty good but it took a while to get up to 6, then to 9.
We only had 11 for what 2 maybe 3 maps? then things quickly dropped
to 7, then 4.
Just a few weeks ago we had 15 CAGs on COD from the start.
im just saying.....

I'm pretty tired from work and could use a nap, but I'll use Shan's vampirism as inspiration, log online, and see who's doing what.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Heart said he was going to create the World at War group. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I was going to do the CAGCODWaW live gamertag for a clan list, you can do an actual CAG group on the website.

[quote name='xcoax']I was going to do the CAGCODWaW live gamertag for a clan list, you can do an actual CAG group on the website.[/QUOTE]

Okie dokie. I'll shoot a PM to a moderator and see if we will be able to simply rename the COD4 group to something more general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mua ha ha ... two days w/o sleep and still going strong ... thank you Mountain Dew Super Powers!! ;)

Watching Heroes Season 2, but wishing I could be playing COD with the MANY people online right now! :D I am hoping to get on either REALLY later tonight or tomorrow!! Figures this would be the time everyone plays ;( !

PS: Be sure to team kill Joe a couple times for me ;) !

i would have played more against you guys, but the host connection was TERRIBLE. not to be rude since thor was the host, but i felt like i was playing in a room that had a UK host pretty much and him using juggernaut while moving in real time while i was getting tons of bullet lag just killed any enjoyment i had from playing all of you. i am pretty much completely done with this game now though, having two 10th prestige 55's just kind of kills it for me now.

If you need someone just send an invite even if I'm in Tales. I'll just have to find a save point and I'll be there. The other night I fell asleep on the couch so that's why I showed as away for 5 or so hours.

[quote name='Shan82']I saw several of you playing COD tonight! :D Was busy watching some shows with a friend or I would have joined in!! :) Hope it was a good COD night.[/quote]

*grates cheese*

:hot:

Wow! You guys had a big group last night!! I was almost tempted to skip volleyball to stay and play; but alas, I could not forsake the call of the ball! ;) Hope it was fun!! :D

[quote name='Shan82']Wow! You guys had a big group last night!! I was almost tempted to skip volleyball to stay and play; but alas, I could not forsake the call of the ball! ;) Hope it was fun!! :D[/quote]

You didn't miss much. COD/Live was acting up as I think we finished 5 out of 15 games we played. I quit and went back to Tales of Vesperia.

[quote name='woodcan']...as no woman should[/quote]

I now have milk all over my office desk and keyboard here at work... Touche...Very well played... Check and mate

I probably won't be on tonight (or at least very late) as I have to see a friend across the metro area from me and pick up a copy of NHL 09 used at an EB near them (only used copy in all of St. Louis metro.)

So I'm watching Poker After Dark and one of the side conversations goes to videogames. Phil Laak (boyfriend of Jennifer Tilly and a long-time poker pro) says he's addicted to CoD 4 on the 360 while David Williams (2004 Main Event runner-up) is firmly in the Halo camp.

I feel really lame that I haven't played with you guys in what feels like forever. I've been in school for a month now, so the first sets of papers are trickling in, leaving me super busy. I was up until 1:00 last night writing my COD4 survival guide for my technical writing class.

Friday is my birthday and I've got a paper due next Tuesday, so I don't know when I'll be getting back on.

Shit, man, I totally feel ya! It looks like I can only make an appearance on CAG COD THURSDAYS!

I may work a lot, but, hammyboy...school is rough, man. Unlike work, you have to bring it home with you! So I'm sure everyone understands!

Anyways, you should get online Friday night to celebrate with the CAGs!!!

Originally Posted by Shan82
...I could not forsake the call of the ball!

[quote name='woodcan']...as no woman should[/quote]

OHOHOHOHHOHOHHOHOHOHOHOHOH, I JUST NOTICED THIS!!!!

[quote name='Simon D I']Shit, man, I totally feel ya! It looks like I can only make an appearance on CAG COD THURSDAYS!

I may work a lot, but, hammyboy...school is rough, man. Unlike work, you have to bring it home with you! So I'm sure everyone understands!

Anyways, you should get online Friday night to celebrate with the CAGs!!!

Originally Posted by Shan82
...I could not forsake the call of the ball!

OHOHOHOHHOHOHHOHOHOHOHOHOH, I JUST NOTICED THIS!!!![/QUOTE]

i would have thought you would be at the top of the list of people noticing this one simon, oh well. i may or may not show up thursday night for cod 4, i am rather bored of the game all around no, but if i am not busy i will try and make an appearance for a few games.

Yeah, with the damn Fall TV shows coming back I've been sentenced to watching them. I guess it's only fair since I spent almost every late night of Summer on COD4. I do plan to at least jump on for COD4 Thursday and hopefully we have a decent turn-out.

Hamster, my heart goes out to ya buddy ;) I feel ya with the whole college thing. I'm just glad I got a technical degree and didn't have to write too many papers.

One more thing...I can never find anybody playing on their PS3 *glares at Simon*
Although, I did discover that the PSN now has a similar to XBL page where you can see if anybody on your friends list is online, what they are playing, or when they were last online.
http://www.us.playstation.com/MyAccount/PSNL/FriendList

bread's done
Back