CAG Gaming Group - Call of Duty 4 Thursdays

FYI if you have not done so already, go preorder the game at Gamestop and get the code (via email) for the CoD WatW beta. A few of us played last night, and I played with fleshribbon earlier today.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI if you have not done so already, go preorder the game at Gamestop and get the code (via email) for the CoD WatW beta. A few of us played last night, and I played with fleshribbon earlier today.[/quote]

How soon after you order do you get the code?

[quote name='Khondor']How soon after you order do you get the code?[/quote]

I've had CoD 5 pre ordered for a couple of months. I was apparently in the first batch of codes Gamestop sent out.

I've also had my email in their POS system for awhile as I always get an email when I preorder something, so I'm not having that problem as others are.

Yeah, I preordered it a couple months ago as well, but forgot to give them my email address ... doh! So went and did that yesterday ... we'll see if I get it before the game's released!! ;)

I got my code and played last night. I got my code through callofduty.com. I migrated my COD4 account and then it showed up in my edit profile screen. If anyone has done it and had trouble just hit me up.

well if anyone wants to play some cod 4 im in need of some people that will actually talk and work as a team so add me on live frombrknwings and we shall kick some ass

I don't know why they did that, but I bet there are a lot of people who are clueless about it. I found out thanks to a poster on the COD.com forums.

[quote name='mvp828']I got my code and played last night. I got my code through callofduty.com. I migrated my COD4 account and then it showed up in my edit profile screen. If anyone has done it and had trouble just hit me up.[/quote]

Hmm, I migrated my account over a while ago, but I guess I'm not getting a code. Then again, it won't even let me complete the first "mission" on the site (where I fill out all my info). What the hell... :whistle2:#

Hmm, so how do you do this "migrated my COD4 account"....did I have to have already been registered before today on callofduty.com?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Hmm, I migrated my account over a while ago, but I guess I'm not getting a code. Then again, it won't even let me complete the first "mission" on the site (where I fill out all my info). What the hell... :whistle2:#[/quote]

Yeah, I was a tenured member of CharlieOscarDelta, and nothing works.

*shakes fist*

Fortunately, I received my preorder beta key through e-mail. :bouncy:

Funny, I decided to send an email to [email protected] like it said in the post on the CoD forum about it since I was a veteran of the site. Sent it at 4pm and just now got an email saying my token was ready. So I used the email link and it sent me to a page and gave me the code of "XXXXXXX". :cry:

So I went to the site like MVP said and my token was under the view profile page. :applause: It was definitely not there earlier today. Oh well... DL'ding now! :D

The download is going really slow right now, but I should be on later if any CAGs want to play.

[quote name='mvp828']Dear COD4... I can't quit you.[/quote]

Man, I kind of just started playing this game. I only just discovered Headquarters...why hasn't anyone told me about this?!?

Anyway, I am waiting for Left 4 Dead to come out, and will most certainly be needing 3 others to go through that, rather than having A.I. with me.

I'll try and hop on this Thursday if anyone's still up for playing. I missed the last couple Thursdays with the VP debate and my girlfriend being in town respectively.

I'm pretty sick of the game as well, even though I never played nearly as much as most of you. But I'll probably play it periodically for the next 3 weeks until Gears 2 rolls out.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][quote name='mvp828']I will post details in about 2 hours when I am at a computer and not my phone. That way I can reference the site as well.[/quote][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Alright here is how you get the beta from callofduty.com.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']1) Go to this link (make sure you have both a callofduty.com account and charlieoscardelta.com account) : [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']http://www.callofduty.com/points[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']2) After you complete the merge you will be asked to update your information if it isn't all there.[/FONT]

3) Then go to 'My Account' or click on your profile badge. Then click on t

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'll try and hop on this Thursday if anyone's still up for playing. I missed the last couple Thursdays with the VP debate and my girlfriend being in town respectively.

I'm pretty sick of the game as well, even though I never played nearly as much as most of you. But I'll probably play it periodically for the next 3 weeks until Gears 2 rolls out.[/quote]

Same... Ill try and hop on this Thursday and play with you guys.

Sending a FR to CAG COD4

[quote name='mvp828']I will post details in about 2 hours when I am at a computer and not my phone. That way I can reference the site as well.[/quote]

Alright here is how you get the beta from callofduty.com.

1) Go to this link (make sure you have both a callofduty.com account and charlieoscardelta.com account) : http://www.callofduty.com/points

2) After you complete the merge you will be asked to update your information if it isn't all

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mvp828']

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Alright here is how you get the beta from callofduty.com.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']1) Go to this link (make sure you have both a callofduty.com account and charlieoscardelta.com account) : [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']http://www.callofduty.com/points[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']2) After you complete the merge you will be asked to update your information if it isn't all there.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']3) Then go to 'My Account' or click on your profile badge. Then click on the Account/Profile tab and your Beta code should be listed. If you are logged in, you can just click on this link: [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']http://www.callofduty.com/profile/edit[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT][/QUOTE]

is there a certain amount of time i should wait for it to show up? i just merged my profiles, so i am assuming it should take a little bit of time to show up for me. otherwise, i think i am out of luck and i will be a little annoyed...

Son of a bitch.... CAG and or my school's servers are F'd right now... I will sort out that mess of a post when I get a chance.

It should show up within an hour I would think. I checked mine about 2 hours after I did it on Sunday.

[quote name='mvp828']Son of a bitch.... CAG and or my school's servers are F'd right now... I will sort out that mess of a post when I get a chance.

It should show up within an hour I would think. I checked mine about 2 hours after I did it on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

alright, thanks for both of the post letting us know where to do it and this one right here. i will check it in a couple of hours and hopefully i will have it.

Alright, here is how you get the beta for Call Of Duty: World At War.

1) Go to this link (make sure you have both a callofduty.com and charlieoscardelta.com account): http://www.callofduty.com/points

2) After you merge accounts you will be asked to fill in the remaining information that may or maynot be there.

3) Then go to 'My Account' or click on your profile badge. Then click on the Account/Profile tab and your beta code should be listed. If you are logged in, you can just click on this link: http://www.callofduty.com/profile/edit

(You may have to update and put your V.I.P. badges into your avatar for it to recognize you as a V.I.P.)

Hope this helps. Any questions feel free to ask.

[quote name='John Ketch']Man, I kind of just started playing this game. I only just discovered Headquarters...why hasn't anyone told me about this?!?[/quote][quote name='John Ketch']

Anyway, I am waiting for Left 4 Dead to come out, and will most certainly be needing 3 others to go through that, rather than having A.I. with me.[/quote]
John, I will play some HQ with you sometime. I played that for a long time, but no one else really played it. Also, have you played Sabotage, that is by far my favorite for ranking up guns. If a game goes the distance it is easy to get 50-70 kills per match. I have had games of Sabotage go the distance and get over 2000 xp per match (assuming you are able to get some challenges done). I think my best ever was about 4000 xp because I finished two guns and a few of the Sabotage/Search and Destroy challenges.
-------------------------------------------
Now onto a little personal review of COD: WaW...

1) Sometimes it takes way too many bullets to kill people.

2) Juggernaut seems to be way too overpowered.

3) Grenades are pretty useless so far.

4) Explosion and blowing off limbs FTW!!

5) The sound is kind of awkward... It seems like the guns are too quiet and kind of strange sounding. (This with my volume cranked up) However, Artillery strikes may be one of the coolest sounding things of any game.

6) Dogs are a pain in the ass. I have been unable to figure out how many dogs one gets when they unlock them, but I have killed 8 enemy dogs within 2 minutes at one point today. Knifing dogs is fun... Sorry Shann.

7) Killing Joe never gets old... ;) You can't sneak up on me buddy.

8) The glitch spots for the level with the tank need to be fixed ASAP... I am tired off bastards going underneath the level and killing me when I can't even see them.

9)The water level is by far my favorite so far... It is so fun to lurk in the water and sneak up on the enemies.

More to come later.

P.S. My fault on the double post... It is the only way I could get my stuff posted without it timing-out.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Same... Ill try and hop on this Thursday and play with you guys.

Sending a FR to CAG COD4[/QUOTE]

rather pointless to send a FR to that name, it hasn't been updated in a while from what others were saying. i suggest adding some of the frequent posters in here who are saying they will still be playing.

edit: got my beta code, thanks a ton mvp! i am downloading it right now.

LOL! I actually like knifing the dogs too MVP!! I am actually starting to prefer them to the heli (especially since I actually got to call them in once yesterday!! :D ).

I TOTALLY agree with MVP's annoyance with the glitch on the tank level!! We had one level (the dreaded team...) where the entire team would go under and shoot everyone. Figured out where the glitch was thanks to them though, so we can go shoot them all underground next time. Die mole people Die!!

Can't wait for hardcore so I can kill Joe too ;) ! That definitely never gets old!! :D

I vote Joe changes his name to Julius Ceaser... Then those calls for his head by friends would be alright.

Also, Shann, you can just stalk Joe and join any game he is in.

Oh and Shann, you will have to show me that glitch so I know how to clean those m'fer's out when they do it again.

Yeah and then there was my epic mouthing off of that team after the game before we left.

They all laughed but hopefully I have the last laugh if Microsoft does anything with all the cheating complaints we sent for that whole team.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah and then there was my epic mouthing off of that team after the game before we left.

They all laughed but hopefully I have the last laugh if Microsoft does anything with all the cheating complaints we sent for that whole team.[/quote]

They were the ones that kept "stalking" us after we played right? I think I gave them all bad rep! :bomb: I don't think it does much though as we just kept ending up with them anyways.

And MVP, the glitch is like uber easy. I'd be happy to show it to you next time I'm on! (or there are a couple others that know it as well ... for instance, Chase, who decided to kill some people from the glitch :nottalking: ... and Flesh or Joe? So you can hit up any of them to show ya! :) ).

PS: My fav level by far, so far, is the tiki hut level!!

[quote name='joe2187']I get misrepresented alot on here...

Such attacks on my character, and the repeated need for my death by "friends"

:nottalking:[/quote]

Joe :grouphug:. We only do it because we care! :cool:

hmmmm ... stalking :whistle2:k ....

so, are we going to have a huge cod4 thursday this week, folks? Our crew has been dwindling as of late, so I think before this new beta and holiday game rush totally obliterate cod4, we need one last, insane night of modern warfare!

anyone need a beta key? I have a spare one lying around. PM me if you want it

-beta key gone

[quote name='Simon D I']so, are we going to have a huge cod4 thursday this week, folks? Our crew has been dwindling as of late, so I think before this new beta and holiday game rush totally obliterate cod4, we need one last, insane night of modern warfare![/quote]

I agree. It's been a long time indeed. I'd love to make another appearance if I can make it work. I miss you guys!

[quote name='Hi7man']anyone need a beta key? I have a spare one lying around. PM me if you want it

-beta key gone[/quote]

Crap ... I just sent you a PM and didn't realize that you had updated your post ... doh!

[quote name='Shan82']They were the ones that kept "stalking" us after we played right? I think I gave them all bad rep! :bomb: I don't think it does much though as we just kept ending up with them anyways.

And MVP, the glitch is like uber easy. I'd be happy to show it to you next time I'm on! (or there are a couple others that know it as well ... for instance, Chase, who decided to kill some people from the glitch :nottalking: ... and Flesh or Joe? So you can hit up any of them to show ya! :) ).

PS: My fav level by far, so far, is the tiki hut level!! [/quote]

Hey! It was just one game. Joe steals librarians, for Pete's sake.
3355pok.gif
That, like, trumps my one game of hidden, glitch-y killings. ;) :whistle2:#

[quote name='Simon D I']so, are we going to have a huge cod4 thursday this week, folks? Our crew has been dwindling as of late, so I think before this new beta and holiday game rush totally obliterate cod4, we need one last, insane night of modern warfare![/quote]

Yeah definitely, Simon. After experiencing the no-server in Confrontation, I definitely would like a nice, stable (and fun!) situation tomorrow night.

140az4z.jpg

[quote name='Chase']Hey! It was just one game. Joe steals librarians. That, like, trumps my one game of hidden, glitch-y killings. ;) :whistle2:#[/quote]

Haha! I missed the stealing "librarians" part ... I just remember the ancient textbooks he was stealing ;) ! At least he's edumacating himself! :cool:

I wish I could make Thursday night! :( May be on earlier in the evening, but it will be brief (or at 1230am MST !) . :D We need a giant CAG Beta game!! :bouncy:

Alright, so I had possibly two of my favorite COD4 moments tonight. I have killed two people with one sniper bullet many times, but never both of them as a head shot (let alone with the dragunov). Then a few matches later I got three kills with one M40 round. I didn't even think that was possible till I did it.

P.S. I am gonna try to make it on Thurs.

[quote name='mvp828']I have killed two people with one sniper bullet many times, but never both of them as a head shot (let alone with the dragunov). [/quote]

Funny because I did the same thing the other night in the World at War Beta on the Castle map. I felt very damn proud.

Yeah, last Thursday there were like 3 of us playing up until about midnight when we finally got a full team and had to move to Ground War.

EDIT: I might actually end up playing SOCOM if I can get in a game with anyone but I'll give COD4 a whirl as well.....I miss my Hardcore.

[quote name='woodcan'].....I miss my Hardcore.[/quote]

I know! That's the one downside of the Beta (for me) at the moment!! :bomb: I miss hardcore!! Am SO excited for the release of the new game with the full action/maps/etc. :bouncy: Darn it ... why can't it be November already?!?!

I'm not a regular but I'd love to get that code. How late are you guys playing Thursday night? Hopefully, Game 2 of the World Series doesn't end after 1am.

Hey long lost friends. Any extra keys floating around? I see you all online playing the Beta and I cry and have to play my lonesome single player games.

Thnx!

bread's done
Back