CAG Gaming Group - Rainbow Six: Vegas Thursdays (Gomer V1 or Wowous Hosting)

I should mention I won't be around next week. I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled and will be staying at my parent's house to recover that night.

But ya, a few reminders for tonight:
- Make sure you have Red and Black packs downloaded.
- Please add [CAG] as your prefix if you're not in another clan or whatnot, it helps especially when we have randoms in the room early on.
- Friend me if you haven't already so I can invite ya in!

Sign me up, but I won't be playing any time soon. RROD just struck a few days ago and I have decided that rather than wait for a repair or exchanging for a new broken xbox, I am going to wait for the redesigned system. Oh well, now maybe I can actually pay attention to my family and get some honey do's done, lol.

Well that was fun, I think I'll do it again next Thursday, sorry if anyone noticed that I signed out right after the game changed maps, the game kicked me out because I didn't have the map you guys were using and I tried to get in but I had the same problem, I decided I would call it a day.

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']Well that was fun, I think I'll do it again next Thursday, sorry if anyone noticed that I signed out right after the game changed maps, the game kicked me out because I didn't have the map you guys were using and I tried to get in but I had the same problem, I decided I would call it a day.[/QUOTE]

Download the Red and Black map packs please.

[quote name='nyprimus4']still hate you :baby:[/quote]

Yeah KillerStephen you were kicking some ass last night, good job dude.

Maybe if I play every week for a while I'll learn not to pick up the suitcase and run in the wrong direction :oops: , sorry about that folks.

Fun games though last night as ever, with minimal connection issues which was nice, big thanks to Lord Wow and Gomer for hosting.

Hey guys I'd love to get in on the RB6 action next time around. Anyone who wants too feel free to shoot me a Friend Request.

[quote name='Odenat']I still can't believe Wowous missed with his shotgun on Dam. ;)[/QUOTE]

Me either.

Though you missed me destroying Gomer with it on Presidio.

That was a lot of fun even tho my mic seems to be on the fritz... finally got a chance to use the sniper rifle a few times on the Dam map. Thx to all for some good games!

:applause:

[quote name='guyjr']That was a lot of fun even tho my mic seems to be on the fritz... finally got a chance to use the sniper rifle a few times on the Dam map. Thx to all for some good games!

:applause:[/QUOTE]

Ya, not sure what was up with your mic, but it was causing some weird echoing.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Download the Red and Black map packs please.[/quote]
I did >_>

Long time ago. I don't personally understand why I couldn't get into the game because I have all the maps.

[quote name='cheezisgoooood']I did >_>

Long time ago. I don't personally understand why I couldn't get into the game because I have all the maps.[/quote]Checked your NAT settings recently?

I'm thinking about hosting a dedicated server for thursday's bout. I don't know if I have a good connection, but it could get more CAGs into the game as well as get me an achievement. I run on Pacific time, however, so I may or may not be able to remember to activate the server in time. What do you guys think?

How would that dedicated server thing work anyway? I need to run a stress test on my box as well, so that might be a good way to do it without sitting down and playing a game for hours on end.

I mentioned earlier, but a reminder I am not hosting Thu. I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled, and will likely be incapacitated.

If we can use the dedicated server and still be able to switch maps and game types, that'd be fine. Just remember, if you do dedicated, you can't play in the game, you're just a host. I've yet to run a dedicated so not sure how it starts or if you can change types and maps without host, but I do know host can't play if they go dedicated.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']If we can use the dedicated server and still be able to switch maps and game types, that'd be fine. Just remember, if you do dedicated, you can't play in the game, you're just a host. I've yet to run a dedicated so not sure how it starts or if you can change types and maps without host, but I do know host can't play if they go dedicated.[/quote]
yes, the host cannot play. You can set the dedicated server up to rotate through a number of different maps automatically, but I do not believe you can set it to automatically change gametypes. So unless the person who was the dedicated server wanted to spectate and change the game modes, etc then it would be one game-type only.

Also, the host cannot talk in the pre-game lobby. They would have to open up a chat with someone in the room.

It might work well though if someone had two systems set up at their place, set up one as the server and then participate on the other system.

Wow, didn't even know that dedicated server was an option. So would being a dedicated server for a night be a good way to get the achievment for hosting matches?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow, didn't even know that dedicated server was an option. So would being a dedicated server for a night be a good way to get the achievment for hosting matches?[/quote]

I could be wrong but I believe it's the only way to get it. I think the option to have 16 people in a room is only available if you select the dedicated server option.

[quote name='benjamouth']I could be wrong but I believe it's the only way to get it. I think the option to have 16 people in a room is only available if you select the dedicated server option.[/QUOTE]

That is correct about being the only way to get the achivement. We could rotate weekly and do it for anyone who wants the achievement, but like was said earlier, the host cant talk in the room or play, and the game type would never change (which we enjoy changing). I'm thinking that having a dedicated would be a pain for our group, expecially since people show at different times and we'd only add two more people. If anyone else has thoughts, feel free to throw them out there.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']That is correct about being the only way to get the achivement. We could rotate weekly and do it for anyone who wants the achievement, but like was said earlier, the host cant talk in the room or play, and the game type would never change (which we enjoy changing). I'm thinking that having a dedicated would be a pain for our group, expecially since people show at different times and we'd only add two more people. If anyone else has thoughts, feel free to throw them out there.[/QUOTE]

Ya sounds like a pain in the ass.

Maybe it could be something we could "boost." Have like 5 people a week or something do it and just get the achievement and drop out of the game once they get it.

Personally, I would probably be monitoring the games and listening in. I don't know if the host can listen, however. I have no issues with not playing until later in the night. One thing we can do is play a specific gametype + rotating maps for maybe an hour, then switch dedicated hosts + gametype. This way, people can play and the gametypes will change, but it won't change as often as some people would like.

[quote name='ddrpower']Personally, I would probably be monitoring the games and listening in. I don't know if the host can listen, however. I have no issues with not playing until later in the night. One thing we can do is play a specific gametype + rotating maps for maybe an hour, then switch dedicated hosts + gametype. This way, people can play and the gametypes will change, but it won't change as often as some people would like.[/QUOTE]

Well, if nothing else, we can use this week as a trial for the dedicated host thing. If it doesn't work out well, we'll find out and go back to the norm. I'll make sure to talk to you about having the room up Thursday at 8 Eastern and if you can't I may do it or have someone else try it out.

I don't get off work til 11pmish here in California, hopefully you guys are still on when I get home, otherwise it's too late?

8 PM Eastern would be 5 PM Pacific. I could probably get the room up by then. I could invite Gomer, then have him siphon everyone into the server. I will try to get the server up by 4:30/7:30 so that if any issues arise, we can work it out before it's game time. In case no one is on at the time, what should I set for initial settings?

I won't be able to make it this week guys, I going to my friends BBQ and I'll probably be there all night. Hope you guys have fun.

I'm in for this week.

Does anyone want to play through the co-op campaign before-hand? It would be cool to run through it with some of the CAGs instead of the hit or miss you get in random live games.

[quote name='ddrpower']8 PM Eastern would be 5 PM Pacific. I could probably get the room up by then. I could invite Gomer, then have him siphon everyone into the server. I will try to get the server up by 4:30/7:30 so that if any issues arise, we can work it out before it's game time. In case no one is on at the time, what should I set for initial settings?[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not sure how many people will be there that soon but set it to team sharpshooter (any map rotation is fine) with the only restrictions being the XM shotgun and the shield. My wonder is if we can launch the game with a smaller room to get a few games in while wait for it to fill up. Guess we'll find out. I will be there at 8 Eastern tonight, if not a few minutes before.

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Well I'm not sure how many people will be there that soon but set it to team sharpshooter (any map rotation is fine) with the only restrictions being the XM shotgun and the shield. My wonder is if we can launch the game with a smaller room to get a few games in while wait for it to fill up. Guess we'll find out. I will be there at 8 Eastern tonight, if not a few minutes before.[/quote]

I think if the host sets it to auto launch a countdown timer to launch will start as soon as everyone "readys up" regardless of how many are in the room. If the countdown timer enabled then it waits until the room fills up and everyone ready's up. either way the host can start up the game if he/she is at their console.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I think if the host sets it to auto launch a countdown timer to launch will start as soon as everyone "readys up" regardless of how many are in the room. If the countdown timer enabled then it waits until the room fills up and everyone ready's up. either way the host can start up the game if he/she is at their console.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I already started the list of people who are in for tonight. Anyone else who's in, let us know. Thanks again Jrcom for hosting the trial run tonight.

I'm definitly in for tonight. Just finished with all my presentations that were due this week so I'm free for tonight finally.

Work has decided to rear its ugly head tonight so I won't be able to be on for tonight. I'll tell my roommate to take my place for tonight and hopefully next week I won't have to worry about work. Have fun tonight guys.

bread's done
Back