CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

Hey, sorry to the people who kept sending me invites just now. I'm trying to get a game going with a friend who just got a PS3 and we're troubleshooting massive freezing/headset issues.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone had their headset connect normally in the XMB, but once you're in the GTA lobby/in a round, it no longer registers? Like you don't even get the headset icon in the menu. Looking for a fix for this.

[quote name='metaly']Now it's freezing for me even when I log in from inside the game. :bomb:[/quote]

*cries* That's exactly what happened to me tonight... :cry:

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']You seem to be maxed out on your friends list Freaky.[/quote]

I'll send you a Friend's Request, give me a moment... :)

Cool, let me exit the game then. If you're going to be on still then lets get a game going in a few. I'm gonna be up all night and I could use some practice.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Cool, let me exit the game then. If you're going to be on still then lets get a game going in a few. I'm gonna be up all night.[/quote]

If the game doesn't freeze on me, feel free to send me an invite. :)

I managed to get back into multiplayer, but it's so sketchy right now that I think I'm done with it until they fix things. It's too bad because all the modes I've tried are just great.

I guess I'll just have to stick to the single player for now. OH WELL.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']I had to take care of some minor things, but I just noticed that you got off. You're probably restarting.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm going to try to get online one more time. If it still freezes I'll let you know, and I'll call it a night. :cry:

I'm still online, and I saw that you sent me a message, though I'm afraid if I get offline, it may be my last time actually connecting... What did your message say?

I'm hoping it's just some kind of capacity issue since this is the first weekend after launch. Maybe they can just throw a bunch of new servers at it.

[quote name='metaly']I'm hoping it's just some kind of capacity issue since this is the first weekend after launch. Maybe they can just throw a bunch of new servers at it.[/quote]

Same here, I'm just hoping that somehow this online/freezing issue won't ruin our first CAG night for this game. ;)

Well looks like I'll make it after all, the hawks game is at 1 not 8. I experienced one freeze the first time i played multiplayer but it happened at the end of the game end of round whatever. Just like most games nowadays it'll probably take a week or two before we get flawless online play, but I have to imagine a game this huge will get their act together fairly quickly. Although I still cant understand why every time there's a big launch companies always undershoot the server situation.

Ya, the last 3 game modes are pretty much co-op. DealBreaker, Bomb da Base, and Hamgmans Noose are the co-op game modes.2-4 players only

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']If you're on Smogs list, then he'll invite you. If not, get on it![/quote]

Sending friend requests to you and Smog now!

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Ah, well I just took my friend back home. I'll remember that for next time though.[/quote]

Only online co-op, not local :(
Heading on now, does everyone who wants to play have someone on their list?

Im big on the Team Modes, but we will start with Deathmatch...The only ones I will skip (unless u guys wanna play it) will be the Race Modes.

I could only stay for a few games, but it was a great time. :rofl: at Smog getting run over first by his fellow crooks, then by the cops. :lol:

[quote name='metaly']I could only stay for a few games, but it was a great time. :rofl: at Smog getting run over first by his fellow crooks, then by the cops. :lol:[/quote]

I think I first ran him over. If so, sorry! Haha

:applause:

That's for Freaky and Projekt as we flew off the bridge into the water and I dived out the car midway. That was awesome. Shame we didn't survive much longer after that.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']I think I first ran him over. If so, sorry! Haha[/quote]

That was the epic moment of the evening!! We need nightly awards..

[quote name='StrandedBrit']:applause:

That's for Freaky and Projekt as we flew off the bridge into the water and I dived out the car midway. That was awesome. Shame we didn't survive much longer after that.[/quote]

LOL! I was trying my best to steer the car, m'kay!? :p:lol:

God, Liberty City is huge... easy to get lost in.

bread's done
Back