CAG GTAIV Night: Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel[ 9/2 @ 10pm EST ]

Just wanted to share this with everyone because I'm sure you're excited as I am:

Click to see in Blu-ray high-def.
The Watchmen are coming to Blu-ray on July 28th. The only version of the film offered on the Blu-ray disc will be the Director's Cut, which adds 28 minutes to the film's already lengthy run time. In addition to a new 190 minute cut, the Blu-ray version of Watchmen will also include a number of Blu-ray exclusive special features, such as "Maximum Movie Mode" which allows viewers to watch the movie with split-screen on-camera commentary. Two features will also be exclusive to the Blu-ray release: "Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes" and "Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World."

Whether or not you loved or hated the film, we're glad to see Warner Bros. add more exclusive content to its BD releases. For fans of the film, the opportunity to see about half an hour more of Dr. Manhattan in 1080p is sure to be a treat.

That comes from http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/05/13/watch-the-directors-cut-of-watchmen-on-blu-ray/

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Well, seeing as how Sony just got my PS3 today, I'm guessing that means NO GTA NIGHT FOR ME.

Try not to have too much fun without me....:razz:[/QUOTE]
You're missing GTA night already, I see.:-({|=

I was just about to start up the game and then noticed the new firmware update is out, so I'm grabbing that and will restart. Fortunately it's downloading pretty quickly.

This update is taking forever to download for me, which is odd considering the last one was quick for me, and everyone seems to say this one is going by quick, too. WTF.

I'll be there when/if I can.

[quote name='metaly']I was just about to start up the game and then noticed the new firmware update is out, so I'm grabbing that and will restart. Fortunately it's downloading pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

THIS is the main thing that's gonna really piss me off once I get my PS3 back, is re-downloading the motherfucking updates, since I doubt Sony is gonna be nice enough to reinstall all of them for me and just let me add my PSN account info back to the PS3.

Each one of them took me about an hour each on wireless, so I imagine the whole first day I have it back is going to be spent downloading that mostly useless shit again.

YAY!!!

[quote name='mguiddy']Were you too excited about the extra ~20 minutes of blue penis to show up tonight? ;)[/QUOTE]

Yup, passed out from the excitement.

I'm actually home from school and working now so my schedule isn't as regular. It also caused me to miss out on the amazon dotd today and not get SR2.

[quote name='ohvermie']Sorry I missed out. The update took forever to DL and by the time it was done it was 11:30. D:[/QUOTE]

That's my usual problem when downloading one of the friggin' updates, in that it takes forever and I wish Sony would give some sort of advanced notice via a PM to my PSN account on when this garbage comes out.

You know, it wouldn't take them that long to send an official PM to everyone on PSN to warn them that some bullshit useless piece of shit update is coming out that you HAVE to fuckin' download right then and there and can't put off until after you're done playing for the night.

That's the one thing, besides the speed issues with downloading it, that irks me about the FW updates still is that you HAVE to download them and can't select 'download this later' and get on without updating.

By the way, I may be trading/selling my Saint's Row 2 soon xxx, so keep an eye on my TL for it. Once I get my PS3 back I'm going to try and blow through the game on normal for a quick second playthrough, then I think it's going on the TL.

That reminds me, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']@ kube00
You post this like every week you want in and I guess it's because you wait 5 minutes for an invite. It would be easier to be noticed for everyone if you just typed that it in the CAG chatroom or messaged a CAG playing GTAIV via PSN.[/QUOTE]

Can't break tradition.

:bouncy::bouncy:Sony is shipping back my PS3, which they apparently already fixed and now I have a shiny new 90 day limited warranty on it.

So, chances are I'll be able to join everyone here for the next CAG GTA night, assuming I'm done downloading the fuckin' updates I gotta re-download by then.

What the hell was that update?
I stopped playing so much because people always pick the worst rules and most of the best players I have seen are scared to play deathmatch with blips.

[quote name='HuppSav']What the hell was that update?
I stopped playing so much because people always pick the worst rules and most of the best players I have seen are scared to play deathmatch with blips.[/QUOTE]

I'm debating if I'm even going to bother with coming back to this game outside of playing on Weds nights on the CAG night just because of how boring the fuckin' game is otherwise.

Kill. Get killed. Respawn. Repeat. Boooooooring. At least metaly and the CAG crew mix it up with more than just DM/TDM. Mind you, even the pre set modes, like Deal Breaker, get boring after a few runthroughs.

I still motherfuckin' want some destructible enviros so I can annihilate half of LC during a DM game. It'd be kind of cool to be able to use the enviro to help you get a kill, aside from the usual running people over or crushing them against a wall.

Well, this sucks. UPS has my PS3 'out for delivery', but here it is almost 2 pm EST and NO PACKAGE YET!!! WTF!!!

Mind you, like I said before, I'm gonna have to redownload all of the bs updates before I can get back online with it, so that may take longer than the rest of today unless I hook it up via my pc and hook it in wired to do the updates.

Plus, I have the start of a friggin' cold and well....I may have 'other plans' for tonight anyway.;)

But I WILL definitely be back next week, so consider that a warning. :p

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What is this 'hunt the leader' you speak of? And can one hunt the leader with an attack chopper?[/QUOTE]
I'd guess "Leader" only radar.

[quote name='mguiddy']I'd guess "Leader" only radar.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's an interesting idea I suppose. I played a game like that the one time though, which was interesting as long as the leader wasn't able to get into a chopper of any kind.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But I WILL definitely be back next week, so consider that a warning. :p[/QUOTE]
Y'know, guys, I think we should just go ahead and cancel GTA night for next week. Wouldn't want to get burned out, right? :lol:

[quote name='TruthinessFC']Y'know, guys, I think we should just go ahead and cancel GTA night for next week. Wouldn't want to get burned out, right? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Har har har.

I got the PS3 back about an hour or so ago and the first friggin' thing it did after I reset all of my wireless settings....was prompt me that I had a bullshit update to do.

YAY!!!

SHIT!!! I just remembered I have to re-download all of the fuckin' patches for this thing and I just got home now.

Hopefully it'll lemme forgo the bullshit trophies patch and just lemme play on CAG night tonight. My plans didn't pan out since my friend I was going to meet had a migraine n wanted to go home n rest.

[quote name='bmachine']invite![/QUOTE]
Dude... you're a little late, game's over. :roll:
I was actually going to do this... but then I realized I'm not that lame. ;):lol:

That was a fun set of games tonight, though my PS3 seems to be really slow when checking trophies anymore. Then again, I only have the update for trophies for GTAIV loaded up(1.04). I don't even have any of the other updates for the game on the machine now and I even forget what those other ones were for.

Great set of games, though I thought with the way we played for a bit past midnight, that it was gonna last till 1am really.

The TDM at the airport was insane, the sniper only DM was incredible. However, I don't see myself playing this game outside of Weds nights, since it lacks a certain pizazz anymore when compared to a game like Saint's Row 2.

Awesome games. Thanks again for hosting, Shrapnel.

The epic Battle for the Airtug across three islands is definitely in my top 5 GTA Night moments. :rofl: I should start looking both ways before jaywalking.

Also I wish I got a photo of DD doing the rocket sniper thing from on top of the street light but I was too much in awe to do anything but gawk.

[quote name='metaly']

Also I wish I got a photo of DD doing the rocket sniper thing from on top of the street light but I was too much in awe to do anything but gawk.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
Though, I wasn't really doing anything. I tried to kill you since you were there, but I think it was my last rocket.

I had a blast(literally)last night! It was the 1st time I've played this game in months and I will definitely be showing up more often. I really stunk at the races, usually started off in the top five, then would always finish in the bottom two.

I was surprised when my crappy driving when playing cops & robbers got us to the robbers in time to kill them. It was a good thing that they were just around the corner!:lol:

I'd really love to play again with you guys, but I probably won't do so until they patch the game about the buddy list and online trophy problems. Having to weed through my buddy list every so often isn't exactly fun.

[quote name='option.iv']I'd really love to play again with you guys, but I probably won't do so until they patch the game about the buddy list and online trophy problems. Having to weed through my buddy list every so often isn't exactly fun.[/QUOTE]
Been nice playing with you. :cool::lol:

Good to see you in the game again, Ghost Face. And Option, are you sure it's a buddy list thing that was causing the invite problems? I only remember you having problems that one week, when a few other people had issues as well.

Saw this as I was looking around the Sony boards... some magazine ran an article about how Microsoft only had a six-month exclusivity deal on the Lost and Damned, and it might be coming to PS3 in a few months. Seems pretty sketchy but it's the first time I heard anything that made the DLC sound less than 100% 360-exclusive.

sounds like fun!
im getting my copy of gta 4 this saturday..
how long do you guys usually play for? i can only make it around... 8ish
is there a limit to how many people are in the map?

ah maybe i should play the game first and get a hang of it b4 i join u guys, but it cant be that diff from the other versions

[quote name='js1']I really stunk at the races, usually started off in the top five, then would always finish in the bottom two. [/QUOTE]

I think thanks to you, I wasn't always last :lol:

I probably need to play the game way more, I don't know the maps well enough to race. Damnit, everything looks the same to me!

[quote name='kohawk']sounds like fun!
im getting my copy of gta 4 this saturday..
how long do you guys usually play for? i can only make it around... 8ish
is there a limit to how many people are in the map?

ah maybe i should play the game first and get a hang of it b4 i join u guys, but it cant be that diff from the other versions[/QUOTE]

We play from 10pm EST till usually midnight. Although, this week we played for an extra 30 minutes or so.

As for the controls and map, Liberty City is COMPLETELY redesigned from the version in GTAIII and the controls are akin to the original Xbox ports of the PS2 trilogy last gen, in that the gas and brake are the shoulder buttons and not the face buttons.

There's a 16 player limit to ALL games, with several games being capped at 4-5, I believe.

If you see me on and playing, chances are I'm either playing Team Deathmatch with another fellow CAG who used to play on Weds nights with us or I'm just cruising around in Liberty City and causing havoc in my own Free Mode game. However, in order to see me on, you'll have to add me as a friend. Just make sure to send a notation in the invite that you're from CAG or I'll probably delete it. :razz:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I probably need to play the game way more, I don't know the maps well enough to race. Damnit, everything looks the same to me![/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with the same issue!

For the Cannonball race, you need to use your map, set a waypoint to the next checkpoint, and continue racing. Biff races are more forgiving and is probably why it's a standard for CAG Nights.

@ kohawk
Cover mechanic with vehicle damage and handling = not a game to jump in online.

[quote name='js1']:lol: I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with the same issue![/QUOTE]

Thing is, I know most of LC and VC and even San Andreas from the three PS2/Xbox games and enough of LC from GTAIV MORE than I know my own city/area, which is kind of scary.

bread's done
Back