CAG Hacked

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='The Gifuto'][quote name='bignick']I think it was defender. I cant remember the exact quote, but

"I couldnt figure out what some code did, so I deleted it"[/quote]

:rofl:[/quote]

The funniest part is that defender actually said that.[/quote]

I did...but you want to know that's coding sometimes. The fix even for this new phpbb exploit is to delete a small php function code (urldecode I think). Sometimes code is written by mistake or is added with little to no purpose. Sometimes code is over-written where it should just be simplified. Obviously it can go the other way too...

When I deleted that line of code I couldn't see any use for it that was important...so off it went. Obviously that fixed the problem. :)

Anyways time for bed...it's 4:30 am and I need some sleep.

I hadn't known that CAG was hacked until now. I was wondering why the site was down on one of the most pivotal days of CAG. I was thinking that it was either some mainenance like sometimes happens at night or that the site just crashed.

Good to know everything's back up and working good.

Well, the layout seems to be going wokey RIGHT NOW for many people...for instance only HOME FAQ CALANDER is at the top of the screen, and a few other screens seem off too

CAGFuckup.gif

Wow. Yeah sucks that it got hacked. I'm surprised i didn't have any problems. I was all over this place yesterday. Well thanks again CheapyD! Good job staying on top of all this.

If you catch the bastard.... punch 'em in the face for us all!

[quote name='stemartin7']Ebgames and Best Buy definitely hate us.[/quote]
EBgames doesn't hate us (at least, as far as I know).

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='stemartin7']Ebgames and Best Buy definitely hate us.[/quote]
EBgames doesn't hate us (at least, as far as I know).[/quote]

yeah it's the other way around...we hate them..

some of us older members remember the fiasco when they removed CAG from their affiliate program and snubbed us all as customers

bread's done
Back