CAG iPhone Poll - Did you take the plunge?

I cannot say I'm interested in purchasing an iPhone. My LG Shine is more than enough to meet my needs. However, it would be nice to have a full keyboard, but I still love my phone. :mrgreen:

wouldn't mind an iphone 3g if no contract and really just $199 for the phone.
then i would need to unlock and get it working for tmoble and that would be sweet.

att sucks

[quote name='ogbaka']wouldn't mind an iphone 3g if no contract and really just $199 for the phone.
then i would need to unlock and get it working for tmoble and that would be sweet.

att sucks[/quote]

Depends where you live. In my area, ATT beats T-mobile any day of the week.

I have T-mobile :(

So far, I'm not impressed with AT&T. I've had service drops in places I never had an issue with while I had Tmobile. The phone, however, is fucking awesome. Definitely worth the sacrifice. I do miss T-mobile though.

Nope, don't need a phone to do anything more than send and recieve calls. I'm old fashion like that, even when I do make a few texts I still spell out the whole word as I have no idea what any of the texting shorthand means.

[quote name='daphatty']So far, I'm not impressed with AT&T. I've had service drops in places I never had an issue with while I had Tmobile. [/quote]

lol, dOOd you're in my part of town and GSM blows chunks out here period. I have a friend that has had both at$t and T-Mobile. I say you asked for what you got really. With that said if it wasn't for my decent Sprint plan I'd wish I never left Verizon.

[quote name='daphatty']So far, I'm not impressed with AT&T. I've had service drops in places I never had an issue with while I had Tmobile. The phone, however, is fucking awesome. Definitely worth the sacrifice. I do miss T-mobile though.[/quote]

I can attest to AT&T sucking. My complaint is primarily due to not being able to call or text message (see: use my mobile phone) from my home due to it being, and I quote, "out of range" (or something). I'm changing services after my plan expires. :bomb:

I finally caved a few weeks ago, and bought a 16GB iPhone. I figured I might as well have, since AT&T's 3G isn't compatible with T-Mobile's, and even if it were, there's also the issue about not being able to purchase the phone without activating it. It's pretty tight, although I wish they'd hurry up and make a 32GB version. It's also VERY annoying when I lose signal at home. I've been spoiled by my BB Curve (with UMA), and was used to getting perfect reception, since calls would go through my router, instead of GSM. If they ever release a UMA enabled 32GB iPhone, I'd probably never use another phone again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember Iphone haters:

Iphones Youtube app>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

So go ahead and hate, say your phone is better, etc. You know on your heart that you'd get one if you could

There are flaws in it, but this device has transcended from being a phone

[quote name='manthing']Just remember Iphone haters:

Iphones Youtube app>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

So go ahead and hate, say your phone is better, etc. You know on your heart that you'd get one if you could

There are flaws in it, but this device has transcended from being a phone[/quote]

Not everyone uses youtube,

I would get the iphone if I was with att, but i'm not. Verizon is alright here, but just pretty expensive.

I'm going to the mall in about 15 minutes to pick mine up.

God I hate being an early adopter, but I can't help myself (I was an early adopter with the original iphone too)

EDIT: lol no shipments today

my solution is the ipod touch......that way i can stick with verizon and pretty much have everything else i like about the ipod touch with me.

No Because I don't like ATT and I have T-Mobile.
Before you say T-Mobile sucks - it does to an extent with coverage and lack of phones, and what not. But all I do is call so I could care less. With company discounts I pay $30 less then ATT a month for three lines. So unless ATT is going to save me another $30 a month I'll never own a IPhone. I wish the IPhone was available with Verizion and T-Mobile.

Nope, nor do I plan to unless someone gives me one out of the blue. I hardly use my cell phone for anything other than checking the time when I'm away from home. I'm still rocking my 3 year old phone with the Revenge of the Sith casing.

While the phone itself is great, it amazes me that so many people willingly accept the rape that is AT&T.

For $75/month you get 300 minutes, data, and 200 texts. That's just ridiculous, and after taxes you're looking at close to $90/month for such a small amount of service. Must be nice to have money the throw away like that, I suppose.

I'd get a new iPhone for $200 if I could get it without contract and put it on T-Mobile. Anything above $200 I'm just not willing to spend for a phone.

count me in as one who'se been loving iPhone(s) since launch. Scored QTY (2) 16GB white&black for our work. We're a corp. customer and yet had to stand in line - Here in CA (LA) AT&T coverage is great and now even faster with the 3G network.
So far I've got no complaints and the rate-plan(s) are pooled via corp. minutes etc. and not coming out of my pocket so I'm a bit fortunate when it comes to the rate gripes.

Nope. I barely use my current mobile as it is. I'd probably end up getting an iPod Touch before an iPhone since I would just use it for app building and web surfing.

I grabbed 2 on Friday. The phone is awsome. As for coverage, in my area of all 4 major carriers, it is top level. My wife gets 15% off data and voice thru work, so it is reasonable for us.

[quote name='ryanbph']I grabbed 2 on Friday. The phone is awsome. As for coverage, in my area of all 4 major carriers, it is top level. My wife gets 15% off data and voice thru work, so it is reasonable for us.[/QUOTE]

which size did you get and what color option did you go for. I ask because alot of people were on the fence RE: the black units since the iLounge(.com) articles about smudgyness from the black unit. I ended up getting 1 of each so that I could sit back & decide @ home myself. The black seems fine and that review may have been a bit overly dramatic.... Curious as to what you think of your final color choice(s).

REWN

[quote name='manthing']Just remember Iphone haters: I don't know what I'm talking about.[/quote]

1. I don't do youtube... Even then I have a touch for that and a 12in laptop

2. My batt. won't die and have a worthless brick

3. I won't be broke

The cheapest iPhone plan is like $70/month, right? $40/month more than SERO (including unlimited everything)... so after the 2yr contract that $200 iPhone has actually cost $1160.

No thanks.

I'd get one if they made a CDMA version, to use on Sprint for $30/month. But there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay $70/month for limited service (data caps, txt caps).

[quote name='Koggit']The cheapest iPhone plan is like $70/month, right? $40/month more than SERO (including unlimited everything)... so after the 2yr contract that $200 iPhone has actually cost $1160.

No thanks.

I'd get one if they made a CDMA version, to use on Sprint for $30/month. But there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay $70/month for limited service (data caps, txt caps).[/quote]

Too bad SERO is dead, and a grandfathered SERO contract dies when you get a new phone/contract

Any C phone plan is worthless to me...

1. I don't use my phone to call since I text so much more now that I have a full keyboard

2. If I went back to Verizon I wouldn't use ANY mins. since pretty much everyone I know that I would call would be mobile to mobile since they are on verizon.

[quote name='manthing']Too bad SERO is dead, and a grandfathered SERO contract dies when you get a new phone/contract[/quote]

What replaced it or is it just dead period?

[quote name='VipFREAK']What replaced it or is it just dead period?[/quote]

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/07/13/sprints-fabled-sero-plan-rides-off-into-the-sunset/

The death was rumored for a few weeks now

The Iphone is easliy worth $15 more per month than to use ANY Sprint device

The death of SERO and the fact that what Sprint wanted me to pay to upgrade to an Instinct was more than I'd pay to kill my SERO line AND buy an Iphone made switching to AT&T less painful

And the Instinct's browser is hot garbage

[quote name='manthing']The Iphone is easliy worth $15 more per month than to use ANY Sprint device[/quote]

Hmm... don't see how if an iphone is going to be a worthless brick since I wouldn't be able to do the simple function of make a damn call. :roll:

[quote name='Rocko']While the phone itself is great, it amazes me that so many people willingly accept the rape that is AT&T.

For $75/month you get 300 minutes, data, and 200 texts. That's just ridiculous, and after taxes you're looking at close to $90/month for such a small amount of service. Must be nice to have money the throw away like that, I suppose.

I'd get a new iPhone for $200 if I could get it without contract and put it on T-Mobile. Anything above $200 I'm just not willing to spend for a phone.[/quote]

This

Apple is doing AT&T a huge favor by giving them Iphone exclusivity. However you pay a lot just to get very little to use the Iphone and to me it's not worth getting out of my contract to jump ship to give into the hype of this expensive "toy". I am using the Voyager on Verizon right now and it works pretty well and does what I want it to do, have a good signal/connection (400 mins with unlimited nights and weekends)and data/gps for 45 bucks. How much did I pay for my phone? 150 :whistle2:\"

My sister and I got 2 white 16GB iphones. I love it and am really enjoying all of the features. It's more than a phone, for sure.

We're paying $129.99 a month + $15 for 1500 texts/month shared. That puts us at about $80 each with tax, which is what we paid with Verizon. Very happy with my iphone.

Well I got the iphone 3g Friday, and have had a couple of days to play with it. I did not have the original iphone, and have really never had a "cool phone" before. I would always get what ever was free. I must say though that I am loving it.

The best thing is the apps store. I really look forward to seeing what the developers can do with this.
I must say though that I am pissed that they don't give you any text messages in the plans now, and you have to pay extra.

I'd answer any questions anyone has.

Thought about it since my contract with Verizon was up this week. But then I saw the LG Dare and picked one of those up yesterday. Must say I can't stop playing with it and am quite happy to stay with Verizon. I already have 3 Ipods including a Touch so music is not really important to me for my phone. The touch screen and browser on the Dare, as well as the kick ass camera (3.2 MP) / video make me plenty happy.

Any of you guys with Verizon, check out the Dare before you even think of jumping ship to AT&T for the iphone.

bread's done
Back