CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='Bavgate']Thongsy, me and you gotta get in some more games together. Get Dauth too so we can kick it like MGO. ;)[/quote]

Definitely, though I wouldn't want to be on the team opposite you and Dauth unless I wanted my ass kicked.

[quote name='shinryuu']I killed a few people on accident thinking it was someone else in disguise. I don't know how that ability works, but I was suspicious one time and headshot my fellow CAGer. Whoops.[/quote]

Most of my team kills were by grenades that people somehow walked into. Yea, at first I though the whole disguise thing was just a glitch or something, and I would end up dying instead since I wouldn't shoot.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm surprised how weak grenades are. Unless you physically hit someone with a grenade it isn't going to do much.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're weak. They're kinda hard to throw though. You think, the longer you hold, the farther it would go, but no, it's at a set distance.

[quote name='Thongsy']Definitely, though I wouldn't want to be on the team opposite you and Dauth unless I wanted my ass kicked.[/quote]

Haha, of course we gotta stay on the same side.

I'm just surprised I managed to do well at all tonight. Playing yesterday frustrated the fuck outta me. I fiddled around with the sensitivity until I found one that suited me pretty well and that's how I starting racking up the kills. I think I actually turned it down by one. Not sure, I gotta re-check.

Anyway, if you wanna play later tonight, just send me a message on PSN.

It's weird how grenades will always usually bounce towards you, ignoring physics. Or atleast that's what I think I see.

The best strategy i've got with grenades so far is to cook it until the second light then throw it down infront of the guys so it bounces up and cooks their faces.

PSN-ID: Teqonix
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: GTM -7:00 (USA Mountain)
Availability: Weekends Only

Would love to get an invite - just got the game and would like to play multiplayer with some other casual CAG's.

Just bought this bluetooth headset so I can talk with you guys next time :)
Killzone 2 is really great, I haven't been addicted to a multiplayer game like this since CoD4

[quote name='shinryuu']I don't think they're weak. They're kinda hard to throw though. You think, the longer you hold, the farther it would go, but no, it's at a set distance.[/quote]

Pretty crazy how fast they explode. You hold it for 4 seconds it explodes on you.

That was an ever loving-blast. I would have stayed on for more, but it was CAG Warhawk for me. Hopefully this gets a night were I won't be forced to cut it short.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Just bought this bluetooth headset so I can talk with you guys next time :)
Killzone 2 is really great, I haven't been addicted to a multiplayer game like this since CoD4[/QUOTE]Most likely it will work (Motorolla headsets tend to be the ones with issues), but I can't say much in terms of quality because some headsets work great, some not as great (from picking up more feedback than normal). I dunno anyone else who has it.

A USB desktop mic you had should work. I could even use my RB mic as a mic too, although I can't really hold it as I use a controller. :lol:

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I really, really, really, need a microphone though. Does any USB mic work or does it have to be bluetooth?[/QUOTE]
Any USB mic should work. If you were able to hear me in the game, then a USB mic would be fine (because that's what I use). ;) IMO, quality of USB headset is the best outside of the official headset, and cheap.

I guess you didn't read post #2 also:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5562732&postcount=2
[quote name='zenprime']That was an ever loving-blast. I would have stayed on for more, but it was CAG Warhawk for me. Hopefully this gets a night were I won't be forced to cut it short.[/QUOTE]It will also get Thursday. Since the game is relatively new, I may also do Monday also, although I hate to conflict around UT3 (but there are many who play KZ2 who do not have it). It won't be permanent though. Thursday night will be the main KZ2 night on a weekday. I think from now on, during Saturday night, I will never schedule clan games then, but around that (and just leave Saturday open to the entire CAG forum, whether you are in a clan or not).

If I have a game on Monday, I'll see what time works out best for everyone, between 8pm EST - 10pm EST start time (we'll probably play for 2 hours).

Last edited by a moderator:
i signed into the room at 8:15pm pst and found one other CAG, yohsh. i was surprised to find people not in the clan in the private room.

oh well, i missed another one.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Wombat = TN, TD as long as he is on the other team. I loved watching him kill more people on his team than killing the enemy.[/QUOTE]

Oh, Im not that bad, I got better as the night went on. At least I thought I did :(

[quote name='Wombat']Oh, Im not that bad, I got better as the night went on. At least I thought I did :([/quote]

It took me longer than I thought it would to get comfortable with the controls. You really can't play this like a CoD, well atleast I can't. I wanted to play last night but I had to help my oldest with her science project. Hopefully I can join next time.

I had a really fun time last night. Just like to thank Mana for hosting the game, and randy for showing me where the game was and giving me the password. I was playing all day yesterday and never bothered to come into this thread.

[quote name='Wombat']Oh, Im not that bad, I got better as the night went on. At least I thought I did :([/quote]

Well, I gotta hand it to you, you did kill me 4 times in a row.

We were on the same team.

Seems like you all had a blast (excuse the pun) :)
Kind of disappointed i didnt make it :bomb:...i had the intentions, but i fell asleep just after i got off MSN with Mana. I was listening to new ListenUp aswell, so i missed that lol.

Was kool that Wombat showed up aswell :)

Will try and make it next time...depends on the time and if i have plans though.

All right, I logged on this morning and updated the casual clan, and updated the list for the hardcore clan (which I sent a PM to SmogItUp to get those people added). Everything on my list SHOULD be up to date.

The very first thing I did online today, was edit the game we had yesterday and disabling team kills, so you all will never have to worry about that again. Early on it wasn't so big of a problem, but as the game got full it started to become a problem. Like I said, I had it enabled since I assumed it was needed in order for our points to count (some PS3 online games are this way) and I didn't think team kills would be anywhere near as severe (like we'd see maybe 1-2 of them total throughout the night, for each person). I do apologize for that, but I'm making sure they are off from now on.

I am looking at having a game on Monday again for the CAG forum. I'm debating whether we'll have a 16 player game or 32 (I kind of have a feeling not as many would be able to attend on Monday, but then again I'd hate to limit the game if 20 or so really are going to show up at once).

Saturday during this week, what I'll probably do is divide. I'll have a game at around 3pm EST, so those who cannot play late at night can join then (probably a 16 player match). I know some are from Europe and some on EST can't be on too late at night. Then around 9pm EST, I'll have a 32 player match. One thing I do during CAG nights is observe when the majority of people play. We started out with around 12 or so people, but then we had around 25 at 11pm EST, so it seems that starting an hour later, along with ending an hour later would be better (so next game will probably be 9pm EST - 12am EST).

[quote name='smiggity']Sent invites to a ton of people and promoted StarkKat and Phoenix_Azure[/QUOTE]Do you know how many which can be promoted? I was just curious so I decide who to promote. I'd like to promote someone on PST (because there might be PST games which I cannot attend), but if I can promote more than one, then I'll look into others.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Also did anyone else level up from the night? I got to Seargent Major[/quote]

I barely moved up during the CAG games last night. 2-3 points per match, and in one of 'em I even rolled back 4 points! Still enjoyed it immensely. I love being able to spawn with the motherfuckin' shotgun now!

You held your own on that broken-bridge level. I couldn't make any progress there and you were surging ahead nicely. You should have been our squad leader so we could all spawn on you! Next time.

[quote name='MisterBee']I had a really fun time last night. Just like to thank Mana for hosting the game, and randy for showing me where the game was and giving me the password. I was playing all day yesterday and never bothered to come into this thread.[/quote]

Had a lot of fun hanging out with you and Smog on KZ2 yesterday...lots of really good matches there.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Saturday during this week, what I'll probably do is divide. I'll have a game at around 3pm EST, so those who cannot play late at night can join then (probably a 16 player match). I know some are from Europe and some on EST can't be on too late at night.[/quote]

3pm PST would be perfect for me :)...
I could play a few games and still go out on the piss lol. Good times :)

[quote name='bmachine']I love being able to spawn with the motherfuckin' shotgun now!
[/quote]

Dude... fuck your shotgun! I was getting one shotted by you from a room away.

But yeah, it's a good thing friendly fire is turned off for future games now. Saboteurs won't have that huge of an advantage like before.

PSN-ID: QIG
Clan Choice: (Casual)
Time Zone: (EST)
Availability: (Weekday evenings, sometimes on weekends)

Hey sounds like fun! With work and school full time, I don't have too much spare time but I'll get on when I can!

PSN-ID: Hnd2Glnd
Time Zone: Arizona? We're weird since we don't recognize DST..we're bad ass that way lol!
Availability: All PM. Monday: 7:30-10, Tuesday: 7:30-10, Wednesday: 7:30-10, Thursday: 3:30-6, Friday: N/A, Saturday: N/A. Sunday: 7:30-10.

Let me know if this works out!

PSN-ID: DirtyHarry509
Headset:
Yes
Clan Choice: hardcore
Time Zone: mountain
Availability: pretty much every evening after 6 unless i'm working nights which im rotating off of as of this week....or if the wife is on a rampage!

You shall rue the day you all fight me in battle. For that is when I shall send me vengeance upon the world and you shall quake in fear at my greatness.

But for me, it will be Tuesday.

Clan Choice: Hardcore (CUZ THAT'S HOW I ROLL!)
TZ: Eastern
Availability: Anytime, anywhere (except after 2am)

After a while I learned a key strategy was following Trakan around as his secret healer :X. Also once I get a mic i'm defintly gunna jump over to the CAG Hardcore clan.

That part in the 7th map (I think) when it was CTF in that little canal was so much fun, sorry my shotgun couldn't protect you from grenades though.. I just got it and I thought I was invincible.

maybe next time lol

All right, I updated the clan inviting qig and Hnd2Glnd (casual one).

For the hardcore clan, DirtyHarry509 and KingBroly need to be added next (Smog can let me know when he gets people added), I put them as new on the clan list).

I decided that I will have a game Monday. After looking at all the times, it seems most people can be there around 10pm EST - Midnight at least, so that's what I'll do. The CAG night will probably be just 4-5 maps.

Hi dudes, just picked up the game today.

PSN-ID: Fourier_series
Headset: No (soon maybe)
Time Zone: CST
Availability: Most evenings

Also, random CAGs should feel free to friend me, as I've only had a PS3 for a couple months now and don't have much of a friend list built up.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Most likely it will work (Motorolla headsets tend to be the ones with issues), but I can't say much in terms of quality because some headsets work great, some not as great (from picking up more feedback than normal). I dunno anyone else who has it.

A USB desktop mic you had should work. I could even use my RB mic as a mic too, although I can't really hold it as I use a controller. :lol:
[/quote]

Only problem with my desktop mic is that it'd always be on and you guys would hear a crapload of background noise as a result lol

Hoping the bluetooth headset works alright, I've never used one before

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I looked and found a few reviews of people using them and said it was fine (two used it):
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=210601300&loc=111&pastRev=99#cRevSec

They were fairly recent.[/quote]

Thanks, looks like it should be ok :)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'll hook up my Karaoke Revolution Mic from the PS2 next game heh. Hope there's a push to talk button though.[/quote]

I don't think there is a push to talk, one thing more console games need :cry:

PSN-ID: Soujiro
Headset: Yes (But for all intents and purposes I don't really feel like using it)
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Practically anytime

[quote name='knightsdwn']Dude... fuck your shotgun! I was getting one shotted by you from a room away.[/quote]

Ha! That's awesome! I'm a sucker for a one-shot-kill gun.

The disadvantage of KZ2's shotgun is aiming: if you don't get someone in the head or the center of their gut with the first shot they are going to SHRED you before you can pump in the next round. It keeps things fair, I think. And really fucking intense.

[quote name='bmachine']Ha! That's awesome! I'm a sucker for a one-shot-kill gun.

The disadvantage of KZ2's shotgun is aiming: if you don't get someone in the head or the center of their gut with the first shot they are going to SHRED you before you can pump in the next round. It keeps things fair, I think. And really fucking intense.[/quote]

Just got the shotty this morning and I'm a sucker for any game that has a shotgun in it. There is nothing more satisfying than popping someones head and laughing maniacally as you pump the gun for the next shot :lol: It can be touchy with aim/damage but definitely worth it.

I noticed in my play yesterday that there were barely any players with upgrades and badges and this morning I was playing with medics, engineers, and whoever can make spawn points and it completely changes the dynamics of the match. I think whoever mentioned that they picked up very quickly on the bottlenecks of the maps should wait it out until more players are leveled up and getting creative with abilities.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Can we play again soon? Is there a thread for regular meet ups? I don't like this once a week or so thing.[/QUOTE]Did you see one of my recent posts? I just said (sorry if I'm sounding mean) that KZ2 nights will be on Thursday and Saturday, open to all CAGs. Clan battles will be mixed in throughout times. Tomorrow (on Monday), there will be a special CAG night also, since the game is new and I know everyone is eager to play again. :)

Also, you can see the schedule on the OP and the thread title.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Can we play again soon? Is there a thread for regular meet ups? I don't like this once a week or so thing.[/quote]

I was just on and there were a bunch of CAGs playing...we mostly ended up on the same factions, too. The numbers weren't as impressive as last night but we were able to fill a squad or two!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I did. :cool:

Didn't know if Mana was going to support this game, and I didn't want it to be a failure like GTA was. I thought the game would be too violent for his tastes and I doubted that he would be a fan. As far as disbanding the clan, I don't see that happening. I think I am going to try and set up something along the lines of CAGtac and so it is going to be fairly exclusive. I think it is going to be one of those, we'll call you, don't contact us type of things too.[/quote]

GTA a failure? We still play every week . . .

Clan Choice: Hardcore
Availability: whenever

[quote name='bornrunnin31']GTA a failure? We still play every week . . .
[/QUOTE]He might be talking about the 360 version, since I believe that's the one he played (I'm not 100% certain). GTAIV on PS3 did fine here.

PSN-ID: CJACKN1
Headset:
Yes
Availability: Most weeknights and weekends

Thanks.

[quote name='smiggity']Sent invites to a ton of people and promoted StarkKat and Phoenix_Azure[/QUOTE]

I've been promoted? WooHoo!!! :applause: (So...what does that mean?)

Sucks that I'm out of town until Friday. But I've already earned 1450 points between Friday afternoon and Saturday night, so I should be able to max out my score within a week. Then it's a matter of getting the requisite badges and owning in Clan matches. :cool:

[quote name='Ecofreak']I've been promoted? WooHoo!!! :applause: (So...what does that mean?)

Sucks that I'm out of town until Friday. But I've already earned 1450 points between Friday afternoon and Saturday night, so I should be able to max out my score within a week. Then it's a matter of getting the requisite badges and owning in Clan matches. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I still need to decide who I'm going to promote in the clan. One was very likely to get it, but he'll switch to the hardcore clan most likely. But there are a few I kind of have on my mind, and let's just say one person on my mind would shock everyone. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']I still need to decide who I'm going to promote in the clan. One was very likely to get it, but he'll switch to the hardcore clan most likely. But there are a few I kind of have on my mind, and let's just say one person on my mind would shock everyone. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's gonna be BostonCollegeFan, cause we always need a chaotic player to add some spice to the game. AM I RITE? ;)

And it's great that both clans are getting so many people even only 3 days after launch. Hopefully, we'll get ~20 people for the competitive clan so we can get the full 16 plus some back-up players. Looking forward to playing some clan matches! :bouncy:

bread's done
Back