CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

Gamestop is doing a Buy 2 get 1 starting Friday.

Also the return policy allows a return on used up to 1/15/2010, for anyone thinking there may be a price drop....

Double XP weekend coming up along with DLC giveaway it seems!

Killzone Is (Almost) Five!

Nov 24, 2009 - by Eric Boltjes
Category: News

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

November 26 will be a very special day for all of us here at Guerrilla. On that day, exactly five years ago, the very first Killzone title for PlayStation 2 hit the shelves in Europe. Sure, the game had already been released in the US three weeks prior, but hey... Guerrilla is based in the Netherlands. We commemorate the 26th, because that's the date that we were finally able to see the fruits of our labor in Dutch stores.

kz1cover.jpg

Of course, it would be a shame to leave this occasion unmarked - and I'm not talking about the champagne and strange Dutch snacks we'll undoubtedly be having at the studio. We also want to celebrate it with you, the fans. After all, the Killzone brand wouldn't be where it is today without your support. So here's what we have in store for you over the next few days:

• Retro DLC promo sale
    The PlayStation Store is temporarily offering the Killzone 2 "Flash & Thunder" retro pack and the full DLC bundle at a reduced price! This promotion will run from November 24 to December 10 in the US, and from December 3 to December 17 in Europe.
  • DLC download code giveaway
    Still not convinced to shell out for the Killzone 2 DLC map packs? You're in luck, because we're having a DLC download code giveaway this week. Keep a close eye on Killzone.com for full details!
  • Looking back at Killzone 1
    Later this week, Seb "Motherh" Downie and I are going to play through the first Killzone game for you. We'll be commenting on our favourite sections and wallowing in beer-induced nostalgia.
  • Killzone 2 retro tournament
    This weekend (November 27-30) Guerrilla will host a Killzone 2 retro tournament, using only the Beach Head and Southern Hills maps from the second DLC pack. And there's more to be gained than valor alone, because...
  • Double XP Weekend returns
    ...the tournament will take place during a Double XP Weekend! Just like last time, any game created in the weekend of November 27-30 will yield extra XP to help you boost your ranking.
  • Killzone 1 and 2 side-by-side
    Finally, Killzone.com editor Victor Zuylen will compare various features of Killzone 2 with its predecessor next week, illustrating exactly how far we've come since the first Killzone game was released.

I hope you'll join us in celebrating the fifth anniversary of Killzone! In the meantime, I'm going to put on my Top Hits of 2004 album and try to remember how I partied five years ago.
Eric out!

Buy 2 get 1 is active NOW at most Gamestops BTW.

Hoping everyone remembers! I'm having problems finding my headset right now, so don't assume I'm away if I'm not talking. It's been awhile since the last game.

Edit- hm.. It's not looking good.. I'm heading off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm well... It does hurt with the thread title not being updated. The double XP might help right? Anyone going to try playing then?? Send me friend invite if so.

Might play this, just sad I didn't play the Campaign on my Account when my friend came over and we beat it over the night. :<

I'll have to replay the campaign on my account to get the trophies (Sigh).... I sigh because... the campaign was decent.

I'll probably play this weekend, I may want to practice online a bit more though.

Screw this come join the MW2 clan...;)

I was thinking about picking this up, but I don't really want to have to change from MW2 to KZ2. And I don't think this will blow me away enough to switch.

------

EDIT: There is a Amazon BF Lightning deal on this today at 5:30 PM PST:
Battle to survive behind enemy lines on the Helghan's unforgiving home turf.

I was pretty surprised to see how alive the online community was. Plenty of full games available and several using the new maps. I had a lot of fun playing it again. Everyone go pick this up through the Lightning deal!

Yeah, I can't play this game. The controls are terrible. If you don't think so, good for you. I just can't play this game...

I don't think I've been so unsatisfied with an FPS, as much as I have been with this one.

The game sucks unless you can understand all the different aspects of the game. The game also sucks if anyone is boosting. I was playing last night and some turd ended the search and destroy, which was the first game in 30 seconds with boosting and rockets. He was on my team, but I was so pissed I had to put my mic on and let him know how lame he was making the game. I proceeded to kill him 3 times and switch games when I saw like 5 people boosting towards me. Just 1 person boosting can ruin a game and this would probably be my game of the year if some of the perks weren't so homo.
Aiming is terrrible on any gun but the sniper unless you have high precision aiming turned on.

WTF are you guys talking about I am going to check this out again this weekend. I can say from my memory this is better than MW2 in my opinion.. and boosting doesnt matter if you have the perks for yourself unlocked. You can still destory a booster.

There was a patch that improved the controls. Still, don't expect it to feel just like CoD. I doubt they updated the demo anyway.

Rockets & the grenade launcher are totally unbalanced. I won't enter a room unless they are turned off. Boost never really bothered me.

The clan limit is 64 I believe.

I've never had any problems with boost. It really helps on search/retrieve. If you can't stop them with your weapon, just lay around some C4. I don't like rockets, but I can tolerate them sometimes. Grenade launchers are pretty bad though.

Boosting ruings search and retrieve and search and destroy if the person is good at it. I personally love killing boosters with a pistol whip to the face if they boost into me.
So last night I was having a good time at beach head and I had enough kills for a cloaking ribbon and a air bot ribbon and 2 douchbags come in and team kill everybody for about 45 minutes. I can't believe you can't kick people like that from the game when i get kicked from a game of gta in the last second because people can't hang with my driving skills.

Turn friendly fire off?

I picked up sopme more ribbons last night I am almost all ribboned out.

The controls can be changed as well. I can say the first thing I noticed is cursor movement is slower than MW2. I turned it to max in the settings.

its not MW2 or COD but it is a blast.

Anyone know how many people are playing the new maps? I dont want to buy them if they are not getting played pretty heavily..

I was debating on buying this game as I just got a ps3. I was wondering though, why when playing the demo of the game it feels so "heavy". For some reason the controls feel sluggish, like it doesnt move as fast. Kinda like as if a game were running 30 fps vs 60fps, the game would run faster at a higher framerate. The frame rate to me doesnt matter, its just the controls that bug me a little in the demo. Maybe someone can explain to me what exactly feels weird at about it/.

edit: also bf2 beta also has the same feel for some reason.

idk, i guess it just bugs me its like that. Skate 1 was like that on the 360, and then when I played the skate 2 game, it was bumped up to 60fps and all of a sudden it was way faster, and it felt better to me.

edit: oh well, how is the story, if you dont really play too much mp?

orbit.

I can say this. I dont play Mp all that much either. I got this when Street Fighter IV came out.. I thought I would sell this and keep SFIV... I did the opposite and have not looked back. I was hooked on the MP for a few weeks. staying up 2-3 hours past when i would normally go to bed on work nights. getting 4-5 hours of sleep. I eventually chilled out a little and hit the single player game. I remember enjoying it, but dont have details to give you more than that. I wouldnt say any large portion of it stuck with me.

If you have MP capability its a great game. I think the single player is also quite fun.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Is this cag game night going to be picked up again any time soon?
Thinking of getting this game soon.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, but if we get enough people, I'm definitely down to get together and blow some crap up. We might have enough around. I can't definitely say I'll always be around to play though every night.

[quote name='paz9x']why does tmk have to host?[/QUOTE]
Cause no one shows up if he doesn't.
It was the same with Resistance 2 and Warhawk (and I'm sure others).
Attendance plummets severely when he stops hosting.
Sometimes I think people would show up just to listen to him talk... kinda like a voice blog or something. :lol:

I have the maps, but i dont know how to get/use the bolt and flame gun. I want the trophies for them. Can anyone enlighten me?

They're located around the center of their maps. It lays on a small platform with lights flashing at the back. I'm sure youtube shows it. It takes a pretty long time for the next one to show up, so you usually have to stick around, kill everyone, and hope you can get it before someone kills you. Once you do get it, avoid that area. Sneak around the map where combat isn't heavy.

I'm interested if we can do it over the weekend and get people to be 100% sure they can show up.
I'm not aware of any glitches online.

I've yet to play KZ2 since about a month after release since the CAG nights seemed to be East Coast-centric and were always over or at the end of the last match when I would get online (between 10-11PM CST). I'd join in if it ran a little later.

[quote name='woodcan']I've yet to play KZ2 since about a month after release since the CAG nights seemed to be East Coast-centric and were always over or at the end of the last match when I would get online (between 10-11PM CST). I'd join in if it ran a little later.[/QUOTE]
With the limited number of players I don't see these running much later than 11pm eastern.

We can try to do something tomorrow evening (Saturday) but I'm sure attendance will be low with little notice. I'll send out some invites & reminders to those who were interested before. If you aren't interested anymore feel free to decline.

i maybe interested depending on time. Let me know when this might go down. Are we doing original maps or new ones? The new ones seem fun.

I'm thinking around 9:30pm EST to start. We'll stick with the original maps since not everyone has the DLC. I lost most of it when I upgraded to a slim.

I sent out a bunch of messages and invites last night. Hopefully we can get a handful of people to show up. If not we can try for next weekend with more advanced notice.

If you aren't in the clan you can find the game by joining one of your friends. If you send me a message with KZ2 as the subject I will add you.

I recommend logging on a little early if you can to get any patching out of the way.

I'll set the private room up before 9:25pm tonight. Password will be shaqfu.

See you guys there!

Edit: All classes will be turned on however, rockets & grenade launcher will be off.

I will sign on tonight to see if anyone is still playing but it will probably not be until around 10PM CST/11 EST. Oh, and how do we find the game? At one point the ass-hat TMK removed me from the clan list so I cannot search for people in the clan playing.

Once you're added to the clan, go to the clan page and go to the page where it shows what all online clan members are doing. Enter one of their games. Or you can add one of us, go to the friends page, and enter the game. It'll be a miracle if we're still online at 11 though.

bread's done
Back