CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

Just noticed BostonCollegeFan's avy, Pixies freakin rock! (My favorite band :D)
Only reason I bought Rock Band 2 was so that I could play the Doolittle album :p

[quote name='Bavgate']*RYAend

Yeah, that was probably me.[/quote]

Ya... I just remember seeing your name and that you killed 5 people in a row!! :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god that was crazy. I only caught the tail end of the game since I took a nap and woke up just at game time. After playing with CAGs, regular matches seem tame. Radec Academy was a bloodbath.

I'm definitely interested in this.

PSN-ID: Kadaj24
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: Pacific
Availability: Nights after 9pm

The games last night were a ton of fun. How I survived that one leroy jenkins charge in the market is beyond me! :) Definitely looking forward to the next Killzone night.

I wouldn't mind playing some clan v clan matches against the hard core group. It'd give them some practice and make us better players. A match were 4-6 hard core players take on 26-28 cag casuals would be epic. :)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Also I don't know if you guys noticed or not but rocksolidaudio = Nick Suttner formally of 1Up now with Sony. So we played with someone at Sony :p[/QUOTE]I know the name Nick Suttner, but didn't know about that.

[quote name='Loonknight']Had fun tonight, I'll see if I can clear my schedule to play more but it is rather hectic this semester so we shall have to see if I can make it again next Monday.[/QUOTE]If you want to be in the clan, I will give you an invite (don't worry about your time available).

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']
Lucario: the most bawlinest Pokémon there is :cool:[/QUOTE]I pretty much knew that one since a friend of mine is obsessed with him.

[quote name='Trakan']The host leaving the game doesn't end it. The host's connection doesn't really matter either from what I've seen.[/QUOTE]Interesting. It really just varies by game I guess, since some games have the migrated host or whatever so if the host gets disconnected, everyone stays, while some just disconnect everyone. Thanks a lot for letting me know. :)

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I felt like a dickhead in the beggining because I kept running into the other teams spawn points and throwing spawn points for my team in there.[/quote]

I was doing this for every search and destroy mission, especially when my team was planting the bombs, makes it really easy to earn the ribbon for the round.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

EDIT: This was the ranking after the 1st match:
KZ2ranking.jpg
[/quote]

Awesome, you captured me in the top 3 on that map too. Is that the one where the spawn point was dropped in the enemy base? I really whored out my grenades in that one and (as always) threw all caution to the wind to charge into the firefight with my shotgun blazing. After that I started using my medic badge to get the next ability unlocked and I started playing more seriously/tactically after I had 5 revivals each map. Actually, there was one point where I stayed on as medic and revived our assassination target only to have him die a few minutes later again before I had my revival charged back up, lol. I absolutely can not go back to any weapon other than the shotgun for now, so I just want to get the medic leveling out of the way.

That was a lot of fun, I really love this game and I've never gotten into deathmatch type multiplayer games, ever.

One recommendation, spawn points just outside the room where the Bombs have to be placed might be a little more effective, but probably not near as fun. That was certainly a war of attrition AKA "Spawn - Shotgun nearest enemy in the back - try to throw grenade before other three guys in the room finish me off - Repeat."

Wanted to ask any hardcore members if you guys have anything going on ? Since was thinking of hardcore after trying out the casual clan, but I hardly have CAGs on my friend's list so I might miss out on the CAG nights without the "Who's Online" tab in the Clan menu.

Just got my first dose of the MP last night, loving it, looking for a cool group to play with so I'd like to get in on this if possible, thanks.

PSN-ID: DuncanWood

Time Zone: Eastern
Availability: Nights from 9pm on, IM HOOKED

PSN-ID: SeanAmI
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Every night usually except some weekends

[quote name='John Hyperion']That was a lot of fun, I really love this game and I've never gotten into deathmatch type multiplayer games, ever.

One recommendation, spawn points just outside the room where the Bombs have to be placed might be a little more effective, but probably not near as fun. That was certainly a war of attrition AKA "Spawn - Shotgun nearest enemy in the back - try to throw grenade before other three guys in the room finish me off - Repeat."[/quote]

Hey .. we were inadvertantly playing together last night. :)

Man, I got killed one round and was like "Where's Mister B!?" Was looking for a revive but guess we got on different sides after the map changed lol. Got used to him following behind us with that happy zapper.

All right, I have some news to tell everyone.

First off, I just found out the clan size limit is 64. :whistle2:( Most just say keep creating clans, but I don't think I'm going to go that route just yet. Those in the casual clan who had some interests about going into the hardcore clan, I asked them whether they wanted to switch or not. The ones who wanted to switch, they should be receiving an invite soon or already did (they have been removed from the casual clan). I also revoked invites for many who have zero status beside their name. That does not mean I'll never add them to the clan, I just moved them to the waiting list (and I still have record as to who asked to be in the clan in what order). When they have the game or I can find their name online, I will send them an invite to the clan. A few I knew who may have rented the game or don't plan to touch it again online (meaning the game just wasn't for them), I'll remove them from the clan and add someone else. I expect getting in the clans to be a bit difficult at first, but in a few weeks or so, it should work find. If anyone in the casual clan has interests in going hardcore, please let me know and we'll get you switched. Those already in the clan (and accepted their invite) and have been playing, get priority to stay if they want to.

I also appointed my first officer, BostonCollegeFan. About to appoint more soon.

Lastly, a few things I'm looking for:
-More people who may be willing to host a Killzone 2 game night (it would be nice if there was someone on the west coast interested who can play later).
-Some ideas on how I should divide Thursday's game up into two game rooms (whether it should be hardcore in one, casuals in another, people join whichever, or split up by East and West).

I just got my copy today, so I'm running through the single player now and I'll probably join in the game Thursday.

[quote name='mguiddy']I just got my copy today, so I'm running through the single player now and I'll probably join in the game Thursday.[/QUOTE]All right, thanks for letting me know (so you can be re-added again).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Sorry everyone, I didn't have any Pepsi before tonight's game, so I wasn't very talkative and kind of quiet.

I also wanted to admit I expected a bigger turnout later on (compared to early), so many small maps were early while the big maps were later (causing the games to get very hectic since many showed up early). I'll place the maps in a better position in the future (or try).

Since I'm expecting the biggest turnout on Thursday, what I'm going to probably do is split the hosting, where there will be two rooms which can hold 24 people. If anyone might be interested in hosting on Thursday and has a stable internet that doesn't disconnect much, let me know. Not sure yet how I will divide, whether it will be East in one room, west in another. Or I may do some clan division (one will have just casual clan, while another will be hardcore clan and others). Regardless, I'll think of something.

Thank you very much for showing up everyone. Very glad to see we maxed out the server at 32. I apologize to some who didn't get in.

EDIT: This was the ranking after the 1st match:
KZ2ranking.jpg
[/QUOTE]

hey is that tv 1080p or the 720/1080i version. My mom just got her first LCD, and its that same model.

You can have us officers host/set up the time zone games. I'm a jobless lazy asshole so i'm available pretty much 24/7 so I can take any time zone and set them up if you want to do it that way :)

Is there anyone who could play on Tuesday nights? That is the best night for me to play, just wondering what other people's schedules are like. We honestly have enough people playing this in the clan to just about have a game running every night.

[quote name='cgarb84']Is there anyone who could play on Tuesday nights? That is the best night for me to play, just wondering what other people's schedules are like. We honestly have enough people playing this in the clan to just about have a game running every night.[/QUOTE]Main reason we don't have games on Tuesday or Wednesday night is that we currently have a few game nights scheduled for those nights and it would be a bit harder trying to squeeze it in (like Tuesday is MS: PR and SOCOM, while Wednesday is R2 and GTAIV). All other days where we just have one game night or so, it's easier to fit it in or make a special night.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ya... I just remember seeing your name and that you killed 5 people in a row!! :bomb:[/quote]

I was racking up the kills!

(...and suicides...)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Main reason we don't have games on Tuesday or Wednesday night is that we currently have a few game nights scheduled for those nights and it would be a bit harder trying to squeeze it in (like Tuesday is MS: PR and SOCOM, while Wednesday is R2 and GTAIV). All other days where we just have one game night or so, it's easier to fit it in or make a special night.[/quote]

Ok that makes sense then.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Main reason we don't have games on Tuesday or Wednesday night is that we currently have a few game nights scheduled for those nights and it would be a bit harder trying to squeeze it in (like Tuesday is MS: PR and SOCOM, while Wednesday is R2 and GTAIV). All other days where we just have one game night or so, it's easier to fit it in or make a special night.[/quote]

Ah, ya guys really play GTAIV still?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Ah, ya guys really play GTAIV still?[/quote]
TMK doesn't show up often, but yeah, GTAIV is still going.

[quote name='mguiddy']TMK doesn't show up often, but yeah, GTAIV is still going.[/QUOTE]I never show up to GTAIV. :p

Anyway, I sent you an invite to the clan DD83. Most clan stuff has been updated.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I never show up to GTAIV. :p

Anyway, I sent you an invite to the clan DD83. Most clan stuff has been updated.[/quote]
I swear I saw you that one time...:cool:

I fired up the first map vs 1 bot to get a feel for the map, and when people said that some of the maps were huge I thought they were joking looking at what I played the other night. I am clearly mistaken, because that one map seemed suited for 20v20 or 24v24.

[quote name='Gamehead']Is it too late to join the game night? I see that the groups are full.[/QUOTE]You can join our game nights whenever. It's never too late. ;)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still love playing this online... also still really don't want to join a clan due to stupid reasons.[/QUOTE]It's not an issue for you since you have a bunch of CAGs on your buddy list anyway and can get in that way.

I also need to look into a tournament myself. I appointed a few officers to help out, but I still need to appoint more. I had a busy day yesterday which left many things undone, so hopefully I'll make up for it today.

For Thursday, I will do one of two things:
-Split the servers up at 10pm EST.
-Have one game starting at 9pm EST - Midnight. Second game starting at 8pm PST or 9pm PST and have it run for 2-3 hours.

The 2nd way would allow for Pacific people to play online late and wouldn't have to rush on. First game would mostly be for people on the east (and I may start it earlier, around 9pm EST).

Most likely, sometime next week, we'll test the clan challenge by having our two CAG clans compete. The clan searching is a bit more complicated than I expected, so what I'm going to do is:
-Check around GAF, see how each of their clans are, and seeing if I can match up both of our clans against one.
-See what clans there are at PSU and see which ones are large enough to compete against us (some are really tiny, like 6 people).
-The official forums might be my 3rd or 4th choice.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']can non clan members join tourneys? I'd love helping out since I find I'm usually in the top 5 of most games I play, though I still think I'm pretty shitty.[/QUOTE]Maybe some, but I don't believe they can take apart of games which are locked to the clan only. I think our clans have a decent number of members already, since most forums when looking at members, there just wasn't that many.

I was thinking of sending SmogItUp a PM about this, but I think it's best I just tell everyone. I have decided that when I talk to various forums I've posted at about clan games, it will NOT just be about the casual clan (which I lead). I am going to try negotiating BOTH clans no matter what, so both clans can get as many games going as possible.

We will probably have a bunch of afternoon clan games on Saturday though, partially because I have a bunch of friends in clans, but they are from Europe.

EDIT: So far I've been in talks (either posting in a thread or sending a PM) with:
-Modojo (smaller site, although they probably don't have a clan yet)
-Neo GAF (Very large site with several clans)
-PlayStation Universe (Large site, but mostly small clans I see)
-PSXExtreme (smaller site)
-Shoryuken (large site)

I read somewhere about people using Game Battles, but part of me isn't so sure about it since I wonder if it would turn into another GGL situation.

PSN-ID: clacka
Clan Choice: Hardcore
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Most nights after 8 pm EST

I'd definitely like to get in some clan matches. After unlocking the repair perk for the engineer I like pairing it up with the medic class because I prefer playing a support role.

killzone.com is still crapped out. I wanted to watch the battle replays from monday night but can't get to the site and when I can, none of my stats are showing up.

ya the statistics have never worked for me... I guess there servings are just getting slammed.

edit: looks like it just went down killzone.com gives me a m500 error(killzone command center unavailable) maybe they are fixing the problems.

Damn it, my bluetooth mic from Newegg won't be here until Friday
Also, Saturday I might be able to come to the early game,
but the later one I will be missing since I have to go on some stupid field trip :cry:

bread's done
Back