CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

I'll be on tonight trying to rank up engineer and tactician. I noticed my aim is alot better after using the shotgun trying to rank up, lol.

PSN-ID: Invin26
Headset: No
Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Mostly Fri-Sun but sometimes on weekdays past 8 pm

In this weeks CAGcast they mentioned a KZ2 night on saturday, is that the one listed here or is it in another thread somewhere?

The following people just got invited to the clan:
Invin26 (Proof the game is owned)
Uraizen (for finally buying the game)
VipFREAK (finally logged online, so I know he has it)

Everyone else on the waiting list has zero rank or not listed, which is why you are not invited to the clan yet (one person I'm waiting for a reply as to whether he'll go hardcore or not).

To make another announcement, if you have NOT accepted your invitation to the clan despite being logged in by Saturday (the ones who have a * by their name), I will revoke your invite and you will be placed on the waiting list. What I decided to do was instead of just trying to create multiple clans, those who accept their invites and have the game will be in the clan. As people get in, it will be first come, first serve basis to when they requested, and when they finally get online and accept. Those who I invite and I see ZERO status symbol behind their name (like no ranking at all, which means they have not played online yet or don't own it), those I cannot find when searching, or don't accept their invite after a while (despite having some ranking) will be placed on the waiting list.

Pro tip for ranking: Get the badge that allows you to get 3 kills per body count, enter a body count only server. Rank up to general in a day.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Just picked up the game, send me an invite for the Hardcore clan.

PSN: Inf_Shini

Ranking up seems easy enough ;O[/QUOTE]I sent a PM to Smiggity/SmogItUp just now to invite everyone.

[quote name='Maklershed']10pm is so late. :oldman:[/quote]

I'm with ya on this. If you want some 'unsanctioned' CAG teammates, I'll probably start playing around 9ish and bow out at 11 like usual.

[quote name='QiG']I'm with ya on this. If you want some 'unsanctioned' CAG teammates, I'll probably start playing around 9ish and bow out at 11 like usual.[/QUOTE]The thing is, I completely understand 10pm EST is too late, but I'm going to be very honest, I'm in a very difficult situation here.

For most EST people, starting at 8-9pm EST is the best for them. For people on PST, it's best I start at 11pm EST for them, although some might be able to just barely make it (the latest some get back is at 12am EST usually). While I'd actually love to start early, I cannot forget about those on PST so that's why I normally do 10pm EST (it's around the middle). Most EST people have to get off at 11pm EST, while most PST people can at least get on at 11pm EST, so I feel it's kind of a good center time. That's why I REALLY want to divide up hosting many times where one person hosts early for EST while another hosts later for PST, but I've had problems for a very long time trying to find someone to host PST for games. That's partially why I hope I get a job on the west coast because I'll be able to take care of them (and hopefully I can start just in time for EST). I've screwed up my sleep schedule many times just to get some CAG nights to work (since I really care more than anything about making them work well and get as many in as possible, even if I have to stay up late).

That has honestly been my biggest challenge of CAG PSN Gaming. Saturday and Sunday is good because people stay up later, and it's easier to have afternoon games (which can even bring people from Europe in, who are 5-6 hours ahead of EST).

You should probably have an East Coast and a West Coast host for the fact that if the host leaves, you lose all your stats for all rounds/games under that host if they left (At least that's my understand), even if they rejoin the game somehow.

And maybe until then a 9pm EST start would be reasonable. That way, east coasters get 2 hours of playtime instead of 1.

ID- MajorMauser
Headset- Yup
Clan Choice- Casual
Availability: 3/5 at 10pm for 2 hrs & weekends

Has headset/Has Game/Team Player but play casually

xbox - Major Mauser

Last edited by a moderator:
PSN-ID: Elite_Panda
Headset: Yes
Availability: Wed. evenings, Fri. evenings, Weekends evenings

If the host leaves it still goes on. I can always "host" after mana leaves; The game doesn't really host, it's P2P because when mana left last time, hosting duties weren't held over, the game just kept going on.

[quote name='KingBroly']You should probably have an East Coast and a West Coast host for the fact that if the host leaves, you lose all your stats for all rounds/games under that host if they left (At least that's my understand), even if they rejoin the game somehow.

And maybe until then a 9pm EST start would be reasonable. That way, east coasters get 2 hours of playtime instead of 1.[/QUOTE]Mostly like I'll start at 9pm EST (I was debating between 9pm EST - just before midnight or 10pm EST until just before 1am).

If someone from the west is willing to host at 11pm EST starting time, PLEASE let me know (and at least run until 1am EST). Basically, that's 8pm PST - 10pm PST.

I know in R2 for an example, once I leave the party, it gets handed off and continues to go. Anyway, I'm going to ask someone to do a quick test for me tomorrow and we'll see.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']If the host leaves it still goes on. I can always "host" after mana leaves; The game doesn't really host, it's P2P because when mana left last time, hosting duties weren't held over, the game just kept going on.[/quote]

Yes, I know it still goes on, BUT no one gets anything stats wise. So, if you had 2 hosts, you'd have to have to move players from one server to another. It's a problem yes, but it's better than everyone losing all their stats.

PSN-ID: fleshribbon
Time Zone: CST
Availability: Late evenings starting around 10:30 PM CST nightly

[quote name='woodcan']PSN-ID: fleshribbon
Time Zone: CST
Availability: Late evenings starting around 10:30 PM CST nightly
[/quote]

I'll believe it when I see it ... :)

PSN-ID: PrinceOfEgypt09
Headset: yes
Clan Choice: HARDCORE (very experienced player, over 18, top performer)
Time Zone: Western US California
Availability: weekdays 3-5 hours 3pm-9pm
weekends 5-7 hours (sometimes)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Mostly like I'll start at 9pm EST (I was debating between 9pm EST - just before midnight or 10pm EST until just before 1am).

If someone from the west is willing to host at 11pm EST starting time, PLEASE let me know (and at least run until 1am EST). Basically, that's 8pm PST - 10pm PST.

I know in R2 for an example, once I leave the party, it gets handed off and continues to go. Anyway, I'm going to ask someone to do a quick test for me tomorrow and we'll see.[/quote]

On Thursdays and Saturdays, I can host from 8-10 PST ;)

Edit: Well shit, not this Saturday, but just about any other Saturday that is
Keep forgetting about that field trip, it's a pretty late one :cry:

[quote name='KingBroly']Yes, I know it still goes on, BUT no one gets anything stats wise. So, if you had 2 hosts, you'd have to have to move players from one server to another. It's a problem yes, but it's better than everyone losing all their stats.[/QUOTE]

oh thats what happened. i joined the first cag night after everyone but yohsh left. and i was pissed that i didnt get any xp after games.

mana - thanks for all your work, sleepless nights and what not for the ps3 community. your compromises have been pretty. but some push back is healthy so that this doesn't consume your life. any prospects of getting a miracle ... er job in this market?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I sent a PM to Smiggity/SmogItUp just now to invite everyone.[/quote]

Some of the people already have invites wanting on them, I think you got one Inf but I can check later. Mana has been zapping info around so someone will get around to it soon sorry. If you aint got one- let us know!

Also I think after this first week we should start looking to do some matches to earn us some valor for the hardcore which was suggested to me. Hopefully you all are getting familair enough with the game. If not get some more practice because you're going to be sent to the front lines soon!

Thinking 8 on 8 matches, that way we could have two squads of 4, so we'll need a couple of willing squad leaders. Just to see if we can fill that many slots for now. Will have to work out schedules... I can't be on till late during the week, and Smoggy has Socom duties too. We can still set things up and let you guys have at it even if we can't make it (just a thought of mine not sure how Smoggy feels) if you guys are dedicated and find a nice time to play...

I'll be reviewing the thread, checking out everyones playtimes which will hopefully help.

ID- nuness1988
Headset- Yes
Clan Choice- Casual
Time Zone: PST
Availability: Most nights
(Might not play first time due to me just getting the game and I want to finish campaign.)

[quote name='sotc1988']ID- nuness1988
Headset- Yes
Clan Choice- Casual
Availability: Most nights
(Might not play first time due to me just getting the game and I want to finish campaign.)[/quote]
Well... the campaign is only ~6 hours long. At least thats how long it took me.

[quote name='mguiddy']Well... the campaign is only ~6 hours long. At least thats how long it took me.[/quote]

Yeah...haven't heard how long it'll take to beat Elite. I imagine it's about double the length, given the final area alone.

My pre-ordered copy just arrived today (oh, free Amazon shipping, you are a double-edged sword). Campaign mode isn't doing much for me, but I spent a little time in MP and mmm, it was nice. Any room left in the casual clan?

PSN-ID: EricTehAwful
Availability: Only after 11pm EST on weekdays; generally any time on weekends

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah...haven't heard how long it'll take to beat Elite. I imagine it's about double the length, given the final area alone.[/quote]
Took me over 12 hours (350 deaths lol) for Veteran. :bomb:

And I hope the time gets changed to 9pm. It would really help us EST working folk!

Edit: It looks like the time was changed already, thank you!

I actually prefer the 10PM slot but will still play at the new 9pm time. I've just reached lieutenant colonel rank last night and getting used to changing classes after dieing depending on what skills I think my team needs.

I will be on tonight to play with the clan. This will be my first venture online with K2 as I have been playing the campaign on Veteran. Should make for an interesting outing. :)

If we are, in fact, starting at 9pm EST now, I can actually attend for at least some of the games. I usually go to bed around 10-10:30, since I have to get up at 6 and I need more sleep than most people.

I will host until around Midnight. I'm going to do some tests to see how hosting works and stuff (when I leave). Regardless, I might just need another host for much later. Whoever might be interested in hosting at 8pm PST or 9pm PST tonight, PLEASE let me know. We will have you start another game up around that time (I'll tell you what to do for hosting).

As for the clan invites, those who do NOT get invited to the clan before tonight's game, try searching for password protected games which are using all maps and all game modes. You might find the CAG game that way. I say this because there's NO guarantee everyone who wants in the casual clan will get into it yet (we have to wait until the weekend to see whether some pending invites are accepted. If not, I will just revoke them and invite who is next). Once I take a shower, I'm going to invite more people on the list, in order (as far as who signed up when).

Lastly, I might have Guncrazy host the CAG game during the afternoon on Saturday, but not 100% sure yet. Main reason is that since the weather looks to be nice finally (around 70 degrees), I might go out with friends and stuff instead. But knowing my luck, it will not work out since most all my friends have moved far away anyway. Oh, that reminds me, I probably will have a friend over (we do something every 4 weeks, and this is the 4th week) so I can't host anyway. Guncrazy will be the host regardless for Saturday, if he can do it (I'm so mad at myself for completely forgetting that).

[quote name='NamPaehc']Some of the people already have invites wanting on them, I think you got one Inf but I can check later. Mana has been zapping info around so someone will get around to it soon sorry. If you aint got one- let us know!

Also I think after this first week we should start looking to do some matches to earn us some valor for the hardcore which was suggested to me. Hopefully you all are getting familair enough with the game. If not get some more practice because you're going to be sent to the front lines soon!

Thinking 8 on 8 matches, that way we could have two squads of 4, so we'll need a couple of willing squad leaders. Just to see if we can fill that many slots for now. Will have to work out schedules... I can't be on till late during the week, and Smoggy has Socom duties too. We can still set things up and let you guys have at it even if we can't make it (just a thought of mine not sure how Smoggy feels) if you guys are dedicated and find a nice time to play...

I'll be reviewing the thread, checking out everyones playtimes which will hopefully help.[/quote]

Sounds like a great plan. 8v8 would be perfect. Im hopping on now to add others to the clan. I can play any night except Sunday and Tuesday

I've been debating getting the UK import steelbook of this, but people have been mentioning I wont be able to use the DLC. What is the content? A code that comes with the game, something on PSN already, or something they are planning for the future?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']
Lastly, I might have Guncrazy host the CAG game during the afternoon on Saturday, but not 100% sure yet. Main reason is that since the weather looks to be nice finally (around 70 degrees), I might go out with friends and stuff instead. But knowing my luck, it will not work out since most all my friends have moved far away anyway. Oh, that reminds me, I probably will have a friend over (we do something every 4 weeks, and this is the 4th week) so I can't host anyway. Guncrazy will be the host regardless for Saturday, if he can do it (I'm so mad at myself for completely forgetting that).[/quote]

Saturday is going to be tricky. I have a field trip that I have to attend at 2:30pm PST (Leaving at about 1:30-2:00), and I have a second field trip that will be around 8:00pm PST (Leaving probably 7:00, won't be back until about 9-10). Does Killzone 2 support dedicated hosts? I wouldn't mind leaving a game open the whole day for the CAG games. If that doesn't work, I'd maybe talk to Boston about hosting it possibly. This is probably the only Saturday I won't be able to be at one of these :cry:

I might be late tonight for Killzone 2 as the PoP DLC hits, so I'll probably play that. Remember that I have to maintain my Trophy Guide from the original batch on ps3trophies.org.

Anyways, yeah...I'll be there tonight, and probably Saturday as well.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Saturday is going to be tricky. I have a field trip that I have to attend at 2:30pm PST (Leaving at about 1:30-2:00), and I have a second field trip that will be around 8:00pm PST (Leaving probably 7:00, won't be back until about 9-10). Does Killzone 2 support dedicated hosts? I wouldn't mind leaving a game open the whole day for the CAG games. If that doesn't work, I'd maybe talk to Boston about hosting it possibly. This is probably the only Saturday I won't be able to be at one of these :cry:[/QUOTE]Oh, I see. Thanks for letting me know. I'll find someone else to host then (I'll deal with that on Friday).

So let me be clear by this, all future sign-ups for the casual clan will put you on the waiting list. If you want to be in a clan sooner, have a headset, and don't mind playing more competitively, you can join the hardcore clan right away. If some from the casual clan want to switch to hardcore, PLEASE let me know and I'll switch you (clears out an extra space on the casual clan).

Thankfully, 70% of the casual clan has accepted their invite.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NamPaehc']Some of the people already have invites wanting on them, I think you got one Inf but I can check later. Mana has been zapping info around so someone will get around to it soon sorry. If you aint got one- let us know!

Also I think after this first week we should start looking to do some matches to earn us some valor for the hardcore which was suggested to me. Hopefully you all are getting familair enough with the game. If not get some more practice because you're going to be sent to the front lines soon![/quote]
I got the invite and accepted it today. Getting used to this is a bit weird, it plays a bit sluggish to induce some realism, but it pisses me off sometimes when I have a guy running down the hall away from me, I aim at the head with at least 4-5 burst fires, and he runs out still alive.

It's like you need to see that additional crosshair that appears on them for any damage to actually be done >.>

Still I've managed to stay at the #1 spot in most of my games, so I don't get quite as annoyed.

Oh yea, planting explosives and protecting them long enough to explode is hard as fuck. It's like one team has to be really disorganized and displaced in order to actually succeed in detonating the explosives.

Should be picking up Killzone next week after I'm finished with LBP, I think I'm going to join the hardcore clan at this point.

[quote name='GodlyOne']Should be picking up Killzone next week after I'm finished with LBP, I think I'm going to join the hardcore clan at this point.[/QUOTE]Thank you so much (lol, please don't think I hate you, I just have too many people to deal with in the casual clan). :D

I hope Shini gets in on this more, because that will give me a west coast host for sure. Think you might be willing to play later on tonight Shini, since I would just make you the other host?

I'm think I'll move to the hardcore clan, I would like to take part in fights against other clans, just depends on the time. I have a headset but I don't use it during CAG nights since there too many people and there are birds hooting in my apartment a lot so I don't want too annoy people too much with it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Thank you so much (lol, please don't think I hate you, I just have too many people to deal with in the casual clan). :D

I hope Shini gets in on this more, because that will give me a west coast host for sure. Think you might be willing to play later on tonight Shini, since I would just make you the other host?[/quote]
I don't if I can make nights at least for a little while, I got a lot of stuff to do but I usually pop this in on my free time.

I got jury duty later in the month too so I hope I only have to show up one day :bomb:

I also have yet to go through campaign, so sometimes I won't be online, but in SP

bread's done
Back