CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='Thongsy']I'm think I'll move to the hardcore clan, I would like to take part in fights against other clans, just depends on the time. I have a headset but I don't use it during CAG nights since there too many people and there are birds hooting in my apartment a lot so I don't want too annoy people too much with it.[/QUOTE]The casual clan will go up against other clans too (mostly the same clans). It just really comes down to play style and attitude people prefer, which divides the clans. I will have a new invite sent to you though so you can switch.

I have been requesting on forums that I have two clans which would like to challenge them, but I don't get a response back (that's why nothing has happened yet). When you don't use a site that automatically puts battles together, it's quite hard getting it to work.
[quote name='Inf^Shini']I don't if I can make nights at least for a little while, I got a lot of stuff to do but I usually pop this in on my free time.

I got jury duty later in the month too so I hope I only have to show up one day :bomb:

I also have yet to go through campaign, so sometimes I won't be online, but in SP[/QUOTE]All right. I guess I really need to clone more Mana Knight's. :whistle2:(

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right. I guess I really need to clone more Mana Knight's. :whistle2:([/quote]
Well right now I'm working on getting a new place, so once I can get everything settled, I'll be able to chill all night. Thing is, it'll take some time of course :headache:

Alright got a headset.

I also think we should start class assignments soon. Don't really need fifty tacticians running around when two get the job done.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Alright got a headset.

I also think we should start class assignments soon. Don't really need fifty tacticians running around when two get the job done.[/QUOTE]

This is a very good idea. My favorite class to use is medic plus repair badge, though I can be a pure medic if need be.

I just played a match with a whole bunch of idiots. When you tell the medic, who has a mic to heal you (who's directly behind you, the Assassination Target, btw) and he doesn't know how, you know something's wrong. He kept trying to do his revive thing on me, and it did nothing.

Also, all of my statistics on the Overview page are now 1 game behind. It says I need 126 points for Master Sergeant while it says I only have 200 points (350 needed for MS). I can now spawn with more than 1 Grenade, too.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just played a match with a whole bunch of idiots. When you tell the medic, who has a mic to heal you (who's directly behind you, the Assassination Target, btw) and he doesn't know how, you know something's wrong. He kept trying to do his revive thing on me, and it did nothing.

Also, all of my statistics on the Overview page are now 1 game behind. It says I need 126 points for Master Sergeant while it says I only have 200 points (350 needed for MS). I can now spawn with more than 1 Grenade, too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he must have just gotten the medic rank. Most don't know you have to hold the button down to revive. The fact that he didn't have med packs shows he's new to the class too. I would have dropped some around the assassination target.

I've also noticed stats being a game behind but as long as I get them, it doesn't bother me too much.

The extra grenade is from getting at least 10 kills in a game 8 times.

I'll be honest, next week, maybe Monday, we'll have a clan battle of hardcore vs. casual clan at CAG.

Also, here is tonights info:
Game Name: CAG Night 1
Password: shaqfu

You can join us by checking your friends list, who's online in the clan, or try searching for servers which use passwords, all maps, and all game modes

You might see CAG Night 2 if we need more rooms created. If someone wants to do that, it's fine. We will play from 9pm EST to around Midnight. 32 players MAX. If you can't get in, sorry, keep trying since people drop out. If another room is created (hopefully one that can do at least 16 players), you can join that.

Last edited by a moderator:
my name should get a result now I have been playing some online and I'm at least rank 1 :D

[quote name='fettouhi']my name should get a result now I have been playing some only and I'm at least rank 1 :D[/QUOTE]You just got an invite, since you were next up. Please accept it as soon as possible, along with everyone else.

Please start on the bigger maps this time around. 32 players on a small map in this game is quite a mess.

No, that's not mana's fault, that was everyone elses fault for not reading the dumb thread when Mana specifically said "PLEASE VOTE ON THE NEXT MAP".

Also, if Mana says it's okay for the casual group, let's mark down what class we'd like to be.

BostonCollegeFan = Tactician

My replacement laser #2 came today. I will install it in about an hour or two. I hope it works this time! If it does I'll be on sometime tonight. Hopefully I can join up and play with you guys!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Cot damn I suck with the pistol. Decided to join a Pistol Badge server and I can't hit shit[/quote]

If you want to do a Pistol Badge Server, make sure its' with friends and locked. Otherwise, don't bother with it.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you want to do a Pistol Badge Server, make sure its' with friends and locked. Otherwise, don't bother with it.[/quote]
Why's that?

[quote name='KingBroly']Please start on the bigger maps this time around. 32 players on a small map in this game is quite a mess.[/QUOTE]Last time (well, on Saturday) I started with bigger maps, but the attendance initially got off to a slower start with around 10. Because the map was very large, we had problems finding people to kill. That's why I put smaller maps first, then larger maps later (expecting people to show up later), but in reality we had the opposite.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Im going to be playing as well, which one will wombat ane cheapy be in? I hear that wombat was going to make his own game or something ..[/quote]
The CAGcast night will be Sunday I think.

I still don't own a mic for the PS3 yet. I might pick one up if I really start getting into Killzone.

I have the map rotation ready to go. I put the smaller maps towards the end or center, but we will start out bigger this time (or hopefully).

Anyway, if anyone wants to get in tonight, join as quickly as possible, because I expect slots to fill fast. I MIGHT start just before 9pm EST, so keep an eye out (those on my PSN buddy list will see me sign on)

If someone wants to start a game called "CAG Night 2", with the password "shaqfu", along with the following settings:
-Factional balancing Enabled
-My Rank Range [No
Badge Combinations Enabled
Friendly Fire Disabled
Enemies on Radar When Firing
Clan Only No
Bot Faction Random
Bot Difficulty Trooper

As for mission specific settings, set everything to five minute length and increase body count from 20 to 50 at least.

[quote name='zewone']I'll make CAG Night 2, if there's enough people around to warrant it.[/QUOTE]All right, that sounds good. I will go ahead and put that in the OP also, in case the game fills up. All we need is a game that can hold at least 24 people.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']No, that's not mana's fault, that was everyone elses fault for not reading the dumb thread when Mana specifically said "PLEASE VOTE ON THE NEXT MAP".

Also, if Mana says it's okay for the casual group, let's mark down what class we'd like to be.

BostonCollegeFan = Tactician[/QUOTE]

I would like to suggest that on the clan members list, next to each name should be that persons preferred class.

tenchi33= Medic

I'm glad to see the the CAG community is quite alive in regards to Killzone2. Once my copy arrives, I will register formally here.

The CAG community is what keeps me playing SOCOM and warhawk, so this is good news for killzone.

To let everyone know again, while I could do a clan battle on Friday, I rather wait until Monday maybe since Phoenix will be back and we should hopefully have more invites accepted by then, so hardcore and casual get at least one clan game.

@ woodcan, we should still be on.

@ BlueScrote, that's only a few games. ;)

I think I'll take an invite to the hardcore clan as well. Seems like I have time most nights to play. It'll be good for someone who wants to take my spot in the casual clan too.

[quote name='Bavgate']I think I'll take an invite to the hardcore clan as well. Seems like I have time most nights to play. It'll be good for someone who wants to take my spot in the casual clan too.[/QUOTE]I was actually about to ask you that via PM since I figured it would be good for you. Anyway, I'll still leave you in the clan for tonight, but tomorrow I'll switch you.

The waiting list isn't so bad actually because most of those people don't own the game yet or haven't even gone online yet (only 1-2 have). Plus, there are several who still need to accept their invite or I'll revoke their invite. I understand some are busy, but it kind of bothers me because if someone wants me to invite them, I'm happy to do it. But when they don't accept and are taking up clan space (for those who want to be in right away and accept), makes me a little upset.

EDIT: In order news

Official CAGCast Night
Sunday - 8pm EST / 5pm PST / 1am GMT (3/8/09), 32 Player max Official

I don't think I'm gonna be back on time to play. I might be an hour and a half to an hour late but if anyone is still playing when I get back I would love to jump in.

[quote name='JMEPO']I don't think I'm gonna be back on time to play. I might be an hour and a half to an hour late but if anyone is still playing when I get back I would love to jump in.[/QUOTE]We will be playing for 3 hours, most likely 6-7 maps. My PS3 is going to be very upset with me for leaving it on for a while tonight.

Alright, so I'll be there the majority of the game. Now that I've been playing the online more the game has been getting a lot easier.

Shouldn't it be clan only? I saw some people in there last time with different clan names and that takes a spot of a real CAG member. Not fair.

[quote name='JMEPO']Alright, so I'll be there the majority of the game. Now that I've been playing the online more the game has been getting a lot easier.[/QUOTE]You just have to hope you can get in since I'm expecting a sell out tonight, although I did not send PSN messages to everyone reminding them.
[quote name='DarkNessBear']Shouldn't it be clan only? I saw some people in there last time with different clan names and that takes a spot of a real CAG member. Not fair.[/QUOTE]Right now we are leaving it open for everyone (SmogItUp and I decided on that). If I limited it for just the casual clan, hardcore members couldn't get in (who sometimes just want to play with other CAGs) and there are others at CAG who want to get in also. There WILL be clan games for sure, but the games on Thursday night and Saturday night will usually be open to the entire CAG forum (clan vs. clan games will vary).

Hope the game night goes well I'm sadly going to be unable to play tonight, but another slot for another cag so that's good.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Shouldn't it be clan only? I saw some people in there last time with different clan names and that takes a spot of a real CAG member. Not fair.[/quote]

I'm sure some of those people were CAGs, just they decided not to be in the offical CAG clan.

I'm getting on now. I'll probably be terrible given the amount of frustration the PoP DLC put me through. I'm not even 30 minutes into it yet. Just loads of reloads.

Hoo-boy. My performance kept flip flopping to good/decent to "holy crap is this controller working?" Once people get used to completing objectives and not going for kills all the time I think it will go better.

bread's done
Back