CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

[quote name='tenchi']The more I play multiplayer, the more I appreciate the cag games. There is zero cooperation in random games. No one squads up or accepts squad invites. I just finished a game where no less than six people on my team were snipers who did nothing but camp in one spot and didn't help in any of the missions. The rest were too busy trying to get kills with rockets to bother with mission objectives. One of them even wasted a spawn point at his favorite sniper spot! Definitely looking forward to the next cag day/night game.[/quote]

AMEN.
I'm not that good but I still try to make the objectives of the match. A team full of snipers or rocket whores doesn't make for a fun match.
I will probably be on late tonight but miss out (again) tomorrow. stupid work meeting.

[quote name='cgarb84']Don't worry man I will be right there with ya. I haven't played this as much as I would like lately, not near as much as most of the CAG Clan.[/QUOTE]

X2! I've had fun with the game I am just trying to finish SP first and I have to start trying to pick up extra hrs at work as well. So the game for me is going to be a slow burn..

[quote name='tenchi']Don't sell yourself short mana. I still have the screencap you sent with you in first place so obviously you at least know which direction to point the gun. :) Besides, The casual clan is about having fun, so if we lose, we lose, as long as we have fun, that's what matters. I had the best game recently playing with bean against RYAend and we got pwned like a red headed step child (2-5 was the result I think) but dang it was a fun game.[/quote]

Was this on Monday? :whistle2:k

Anyway, how many of my clan members are going to make it tomorrow? I hope we can at least have our eight people, but I'd prefer a 12 v 12. Someone want to make a checklist for both clans for who's attending?

Also, I might be late tomorrow since I get home from work around the time you guys are starting the match. Hopefully I can make it in time.

[quote name='tenchi']The more I play multiplayer, the more I appreciate the cag games. There is zero cooperation in random games. No one squads up or accepts squad invites. I just finished a game where no less than six people on my team were snipers who did nothing but camp in one spot and didn't help in any of the missions. The rest were too busy trying to get kills with rockets to bother with mission objectives. One of them even wasted a spawn point at his favorite sniper spot! Definitely looking forward to the next cag day/night game.[/quote]

Yeah I agree. I played for a couple hours in random games tonight and it wasn't nearly as fun as our CAG games. I wish more CAG's were online Tuesday and Wednesday nights when I have a better chance to play some MP.

Hey all.. long time lurker and cagcast enjoyer here. Would like to join a clan if you'll have me.

ID- subtek
Headset- yes
Clan Choice- Casual2
Time Zone: PST
Availability: Late nights and weekends

I'll try to be on after 10PM EST, thinking closer to 11PM. Though might be over with by then. Still looking at getting other clans to challenge with Hardcore but all the times are so scattered it makes it tough.

[quote name='NamPaehc']I'll try to be on after 10PM EST, thinking closer to 11PM. Though might be over with by then. Still looking at getting other clans to challenge with Hardcore but all the times are so scattered it makes it tough.[/QUOTE]To let you know now, the hardcore may have a clan battle at 10pm EST with Giant Bomb on Saturday. I will probably make it official tomorrow morning. The entire reason there's a hold up is because I'm trying to think of a way to fit in a casual match too with them before hand.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I might just tell everyone to send a PSN message to me in order to see who plans to show up, but I dunno. Not everyone gets on their PS3 daily like me.:lol:[/QUOTE]

how can i when you have taken me off your friends list, despite the r2 and kz2 nights? well ill be there.

I'll be there if there is room. I tend to JOAT around as a Medic, Engie, Tacty, or Assualt Meatshield as needs arise.

I die alot.

I can play for the clan match if needed, but I'm pretty sure theres better options than me, as I have only just unlocked the medic.

Would definitely be up for just a friendly match if I don't make it into the clan battle though.

I can play in the clan match and can be either medic or rocket happy assault with bad aim. I have all the classes unlocked so can swap classes as needed in matches.

[quote name='enufs8d']how can i when you have taken me off your friends list, despite the r2 and kz2 nights? well ill be there.[/QUOTE]I noticed that a while ago.

There's a way. What you do is say you want to create message, then you can manually enter any name (you are given the choice of manually enter ID, or select an ID from friends or recent players). I know for sure this works because there have been multiple people I need to send messages to but don't have on my friends list (due to having too many friends). I do it all the time (People just have to enter "ManaKnight", its case insensitive). The only trick is you can only message one person by this method. I manually enter PSN-IDs to see if certain IDs really exists also. :lol: That's why I love it when games support the XMB invite system where I can invite people by entering IDs, so I don't have to cram everyone on my friends list to get in.

[quote name='disillusion386']I'll be there tonight for the hardcore side (most likely medic). Mana, do you still need me to send you a PSN message?[/QUOTE]Naw, no one has to. We'll just see who shows up.

I won't be around for the CAG3 (casual 2) clan matches this weekend, Sorry guys! I will try to join up with the games tonight if they're CAG games and not specific matches.

Also I have a few questions semi-related to the clan stuff, but more general infoish... Is there a way to communicate between clans and can I search for the other two CAG clans on the off nights? And do people on both teams hear you voice chat during the game? Just curious but I can swear I see people's names show up who are on the other team and hear them chatting but I'm usually running for my life or shooting at someone!

I found out today one of my wife's cousin just passed away and the funeral will probably be this coming weekend so I won't be avble to host the Saturday afternoon game. Hopefully someone else can host it for this weekend.

[quote name='tenchi']I found out today one of my wife's cousin just passed away and the funeral will probably be this coming weekend so I won't be avble to host the Saturday afternoon game. Hopefully someone else can host it for this weekend.[/quote]

I think I'll be around Saturday. I'm probably going to be away on Sunday though :cry:
You host the afternoon match right?

[quote name='Keegs']I won't be around for the CAG3 (casual 2) clan matches this weekend, Sorry guys! I will try to join up with the games tonight if they're CAG games and not specific matches.

Also I have a few questions semi-related to the clan stuff, but more general infoish... Is there a way to communicate between clans and can I search for the other two CAG clans on the off nights? And do people on both teams hear you voice chat during the game? Just curious but I can swear I see people's names show up who are on the other team and hear them chatting but I'm usually running for my life or shooting at someone![/QUOTE]Eh, we probably won't have a CAG3 clan match this weekend due to a clan match against another forum (if it happens). Right now I just need to hear back from other clans so I know what's going on.

I greatly apologize to everyone because things have been a mess lately, but hopefully I try to pull the clans out of it.

[quote name='tenchi']I found out today one of my wife's cousin just passed away and the funeral will probably be this coming weekend so I won't be avble to host the Saturday afternoon game. Hopefully someone else can host it for this weekend.[/QUOTE]That's all right, I should be able to host, since I don't think my friend is coming over.

I also added the following message to the OP in case other clans want to challenge us.
This message is for members of non-CAG clans. If you would like to challenge the CAG Clans, please send email to CAGPSNGaming [at] gmail.com and we'll work something out.

ID: dmactheman
Headset: yes if i can find it
Clan Choice: casual 1
Time Zone: est
Availability: monday and wednesday evening, random times, weekends

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']ID: dmactheman
Headset: yes if i can find it
Clan Choice: casual 1
Availability: monday and wednesday evening, random times, weekends[/QUOTE]

[quote name='subtek']Hey all.. long time lurker and cagcast enjoyer here. Would like to join a clan if you'll have me.

ID- subtek
Headset- yes
Clan Choice- Casual2
Time Zone: PST
Availability: Late nights and weekends[/QUOTE]
Invites sent to both of you.

Just curious if anybody is gonna still be playing around 10:30PM CST.
Reason I ask is because either nobody or possibly 2 or 3 people on the Casual CAG Clan are still on at that time but it is the earliest I can typically get online. If that is going to be typical of the Casual CAG clan then I may ask to switch over to the Hardcore Clan (although I'm probably at the middle rank right now) and hopefully find more CAGs to play with in the evenings.

[quote name='woodcan']Just curious if anybody is gonna still be playing around 10:30PM CST.
Reason I ask is because either nobody or possibly 2 or 3 people on the Casual CAG Clan are still on at that time but it is the earliest I can typically get online. If that is going to be typical of the Casual CAG clan then I may ask to switch over to the Hardcore Clan (although I'm probably at the middle rank right now) and hopefully find more CAGs to play with in the evenings.[/QUOTE]The truth is, the hardcore clan isn't any better on times either. Most people in the clans are on EST or play earlier. While there's some people who play late, there just isn't many. It's been like this for any game we had. The percentage people on PST is about the same for all clans. No matter which clan you are in, you are going to see a similar situation (Also, the casual 1 clan is around 1.7X larger than the hardcore clan).

While at one point it was considered splitting up clans based on time zone, we later decided not to do it because clans need people around the clock to play (meaning some who are available early, some who are available late). I normally run the CAG games up until Midnight, giving you 30 minutes left. Sometimes I try playing later so people who are on PST and later times can get in, but then I hear complaints from those on EST who can't stay on past 10pm EST or even 11pm EST. It's just really tough getting games to work on the weekdays. That's why I really wish we had enough representation for CAG nights on both sides of the country, where games can be running pretty late.

I'm still debating if I should do 8 on 8 or 12 on 12. I know the casual 1 can have 12 show up, but I kind of doubt hardcore can (since they don't have anywhere near as many members). This clan battle is ONLY a test, so if you don't get in, do not get upset or worried because there will be plenty of others. This will get our feet wet and give us experience with this sort of thing.

If you really need ppl in the hardcore I can join. I'm not very good and 50 points from unlocking medic.

psn Vabrave
Headset: yes
Clan Choice: Hardcore, casual...whatever is needed....
Availability:Anytime other than socom nights. I'm disabled so I have tons of free time.

[quote name='kingchaos']If you really need ppl in the hardcore I can join. I'm not very good and 50 points from unlocking medic.

psn Vabrave
Headset: yes
Clan Choice: Hardcore, casual...whatever is needed....
Availability:Anytime other than socom nights. I'm disabled so I have tons of free time.[/QUOTE]You'll be put in casual 2. It's not like hardcore needs more players (we have several on pending invite), it's just that all our clans are open right now (one is still building).

[quote name='KingBroly']So which side will each Clan be on? Casual on ISA and Hardcore on Helghast or vice versa?[/QUOTE]I dunno. If anything, Casual would be on ISA since I look at blue as being casual.

What should I put for the max? I'm thinking of 16, 18 or 20. I'm about to create the challenge soon. I'm going to keep the valor wager VERY low, like 3 at the most.

Here is what we are going to do. There will be a small clan match going as a test. First however many we set the max at get in. After that, everyone else can join another room created about the same time for everyone else. Once the clan game is done, everyone can move from clan game to game room. At max I will make it three maps. I'll probably mix it up with a small map, middle size map, and large map.

I will create the match at 6pm EST, for 9pm EST (I will start the challenge then), hardcore has to accept.

On the casual side, I want to see the following people definitely make it:
BostonCollegeFan
XGunCrazy
tenchi33
Darknyss
KnightsDwn
mykee98
zenprime

and more

Like I said many times, this is mostly a test game to get us into clan battles. After this we'll expand the game and play each other again.
xGuncrazy.

Those who are NOT attending the clan game, here is the info:
Host: ManaKnight
Game Name: CAG Night 1
Password: shaqfu

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably join the CAGnight game(unless the Casual clan needs another player). What time is that going to start. Mana?

The clan match is for Casual 1 vs Hardcore?

Any idea when Casual 2 will be battling?

Disregard, I just read the front page again.

This will be my first clan match, how do we join the room? I'd like to be there for this one.

[quote name='Pan1c42']The clan match is for Casual 1 vs Hardcore?

Any idea when Casual 2 will be battling?[/QUOTE]It was going to be this weekend, but due to a few change in clans, I'm going to push some stuff until next week.

The Casual 1 vs. Hardcore match has been played for over a week (back when we had just two clans). I also already have something planned for Saturday evening. Once this week passes, I plan to setup Casual 2 to play maybe twice next week (hopefully at least 50% of the people who received an invite accepts it). Most of these clan battles early aren't going to mean a whole lot, but as time goes by they will (mostly trying to test it tonight, making sure it works without a hitch. If we have a problem, I'll address it the next time).
[quote name='Pan1c42']
Disregard, I just read the front page again.

This will be my first clan match, how do we join the room? I'd like to be there for this one.[/QUOTE]The clan you are in does not play tonight. Most people in other clans won't even get in tonight since it will just be a small 8 on 8 match.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'll probably join the CAGnight game(unless the Casual clan needs another player). What time is that going to start. Mana?[/QUOTE]9pm EST. I won't even be there at the clan game anyway.

All right, I just sent the request. Please accept it, someone from the hardcore clan. I just found out I can only choose one map for a clan match. I made the game a MAXIMUM of 16 players, 8 on each team. I chose ISA for the Casual 1, if I'm not mistaken.

Main goals of this clan match is to:
-Make sure the clan starts right on time (Making sure time changes have zero effect on this, and it's starting me on the time I want).
-Making sure everyone can get in fine.
-Get an idea how many people show up, so I know whether to expand or decrease.
-Get ALL of are clans use to balancing out a little better.
-Get us warmed up and started with clan battles. The most difficult part about anything is getting started. Once we get going, should be easier from here on.

After this game, we'll make adjustments if we need to so future clan games will be better. We'll challenge other forums clans, and we'll face ourselves a few times.

I just really hope we can make everything worked out so my stress level decreases.

EDIT: StarkKat, SmogItUp, or whoever is an Officer/Leader of the hardcore clan, PLEASE invite AllahBomber (who is CAG joshr915).

I hope that one of the officers in the hardcore clan is online today to accept the request. I saw the request and tried to accept but I think only the officers can.

[quote name='sh10151']I hope that one of the officers in the hardcore clan is online today to accept the request. I saw the request and tried to accept but I think only the officers can.[/QUOTE]Yeah, only they can. I know Mr B. shall get online, but I dunno about the rest. If not, we'll just have to try again another time.

I'll tell everyone Saturday's schedule tomorrow morning.

bread's done
Back