CAG Killzone 2 Game Night [Currently Inactive]

Good games, Jdioutkast. We destroyed the other team so many times, hahahaha. Can't believe I actually had 213 points at the end of one of the first games we played.

That was fun everyone. I forgot about Buzz! night so I showed up late, but I finally got my Medic Badge and gained more experience, so I'm happy. :D

Glad many still showed up.

The last two who requested to be in the clan, I will send you both invites Monday or Tuesday.

PSN-ID: Mark_Hawk
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual 1 If there is space. Played with a few of them tonight. There cool cats.
Time Zone: PST (Arizona but we are on PST for the next few months)
Availability: After 6 PST and Weekends

[quote name='MarkHawk']PSN-ID: Mark_Hawk
Headset: Yes
Clan Choice: Casual 1 If there is space. Played with a few of them tonight. There cool cats.
Time Zone: PST (Arizona but we are on PST for the next few months)
Availability: After 6 PST and Weekends
[/QUOTE]Good, we need more on PST since we do have a lot of EST people. Helps balance things out more. :) Invite will be sent Monday or Tuesday (we just had one ask for his invite to be revoked).

PSN-ID: danny8k
Headset: No (yet)
Clan Choice: Casual 1 (if there is a slot available it would be awesome ^^)
Time Zone: central time
Availability: everyday except Monday and Wednesday nights (available after 10pm)

thanks , I can't wait ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']Good, we need more on PST since we do have a lot of EST people. Helps balance things out more. :) Invite will be sent Monday or Tuesday (we just had one ask for his invite to be revoked).[/quote]

Excellent! :D

[quote name='Bavgate']Good games, Jdioutkast. We destroyed the other team so many times, hahahaha. Can't believe I actually had 213 points at the end of one of the first games we played.[/quote]

Ya man we were completely destroying the other team, I believe it was you and me as number 1 and 2 the entire time.

After being away from KZ2 for a week it was great to get back in it, tonight's CAGCast game was a blast.

I want to thank Cheapy for his numerous health packs cause he definitely saved my life a couple of times

[quote name='jdioutkast']Ya man we were completely destroying the other team, I believe it was you and me as number 1 and 2 the entire time.[/quote]

Yep, you and I were #1 and 2 throughout all those games. That's boss. :cool:

TMK,

Send one my may as well.

PSN-ID: Snake2715
Headset: No (not yet)
Clan Choice: Casual
Time Zone: EST
Availability: Weekends and typically after 7pm some weeknights.

All right, I just sent more invites to Casual 2.

I need to figure out a few things, just before I send clan game requests to Giant Bomb (They can get 10-16):
-How many people plan to show up for CAG Casual 1 clan for Saturday evening around 9pm EST (leaning towards 12-14)?
-How many people plan to show up for CAG Hardcore clan for Saturday evening around 10pm EST (leaning towards 10-12)?
-How many people will be in CAG Casual 2 clan (I'm hoping over 30, right now we are at 23 who accepted invites) by Saturday? If we can get enough and definitely get at least 10 to show up, they'll face Giant Bomb also.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I just sent more invites to Casual 2.

I need to figure out a few things, just before I send clan game requests to Giant Bomb (They can get 10-16):
-How many people plan to show up for CAG Casual 1 clan for Saturday evening around 9pm EST (leaning towards 12-14)?
-How many people plan to show up for CAG Hardcore clan for Saturday evening around 10pm EST (leaning towards 10-12)?
-How many people will be in CAG Casual 2 clan (I'm hoping over 30, right now we are at 23 who accepted invites) by Saturday? If we can get enough and definitely get at least 10 to show up, they'll face Giant Bomb also.[/quote]

I will be there for the hardcore.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I need to figure out a few things, just before I send clan game requests to Giant Bomb (They can get 10-16):
[/quote]

I can definitely make it for Casual 1.

I can probably make it Saturday, but I think we'll need a Clan Meeting to determine a strategy and lay out the Squads. Also, is it going to be the Hardcore Clan or the Casual Clan versus Giant Bomb? I'm assuming it'll be the Hardcore Clan.

[quote name='KingBroly']I can probably make it Saturday, but I think we'll need a Clan Meeting to determine a strategy and lay out the Squads. Also, is it going to be the Hardcore Clan or the Casual Clan versus Giant Bomb? I'm assuming it'll be the Hardcore Clan.[/quote]
It looks like Casual 1 and Hardcore will battle Giantbomb.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']It looks like Casual 1 and Hardcore will battle Giantbomb.[/QUOTE]Actually, it goes Casual 1, Hardcore, and very good chance Casual 2. Since I'm the one who is talking to Giant Bomb directly, Casual 1 goes first against them, but I'm looking to get all clans to challenge them in one night.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, it goes Casual 1, Hardcore, and very good chance Casual 2. Since I'm the one who is talking to Giant Bomb directly, Casual 1 goes first against them, but I'm looking to get all clans to challenge them in one night.[/quote]
Ah, I must have misread what you said before. But on the topic of a clan battle maybe the people participating in the Casual 1 match should get together and discuss a few things. I know a few people might not have headsets so it would be nice to talk with them somehow before the match. Nothing crazy or anything since we are playing for fun, but it would be nice to be a little organized.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Ah, I must have misread what you said before. But on the topic of a clan battle maybe the people participating in the Casual 1 match should get together and discuss a few things. I know a few people might not have headsets so it would be nice to talk with them somehow before the match. Nothing crazy or anything since we are playing for fun, but it would be nice to be a little organized.[/QUOTE]I'm considering it Thursday or Friday.

I'll be there for CAG Casual 1

BTW: Is Resistance 2 Online as fun as Killzone's ? I picked that game up too the other day and not sure if I want to try out multiplayer or just finish the single player then trade it back.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']I'll be there for CAG Casual 1

BTW: Is Resistance 2 Online as fun as Killzone's ? I picked that game up too the other day and not sure if I want to try out multiplayer or just finish the single player then trade it back.[/QUOTE]You can show up at the CAG Night on Wednesday. Here's my personal opinion:

Single player: R2 > KZ2 (KZ2 has better graphics, but I just found R2 more fun and seemed to have more personality. Going back through single player to earn various trophies was fun while I'm finding it a bit hard to want to do the same in KZ2).

Competitive Multi-player: KZ2 >> R2 (R2's competitive is all right IMO, mostly just enjoy skirmish, but KZ2 is definitely much better for competitive. KZ2 has more variety in multi-player).

However, the main thing I LOVE about R2 is the co-op. I absolutely love it and keeps me coming back over and over again, and I'm still playing it (works like an MMO, a definitely blast to play with 8 CAGs). I still have slight preference for R2 because of that awesome co-op (and I'm more of a sci-fi person), but I still love both games. I also love how R2 has completely customizable controls to suit any liking. The games are quite different, since R2 is much faster control wise while KZ2 goes for a slower place.
[quote name='Thongsy']R2 co-op is fun for a while. You might want to play through that a bit before you trade it back, otherwise KZ2 > R2 online.[/QUOTE]It's hard for me to say because while KZ2 competitive is better than R2 competitive to me, I love the co-op a ton which KZ2 does not have (and I just love that MMO feel). Overall I 100% agree with IGN reviews, where R2 got a 9.5 (2nd favorite game last year) and KZ2 getting a 9.4.

Away from the comparison, I might do a really small survery for this clan game, asking people whether they plan to attend (8pm, 9pm, or 10pm EST), and which time slot they prefer (or don't care). But right now my PM box is flooding with message. :whistle2:( I dunno, but I will try to get all three clans involved.

I can make it on Thursday, might be late since I don't leave school till ~6pm. Saturday, most probably unless I decide to, ya'know, have a social life.

As for my connection, I don't know if it'll be available. ;D

[quote name='shinryuu']I can make it on Thursday, might be late since I don't leave school till ~6pm. Saturday, most probably unless I decide to, ya'know, have a social life.

As for my connection, I don't know if it'll be available. ;D[/quote]
:whistle2:s:whistle2:k
What language is this in?

[quote name='Xeph820']Hey Mana Knight, I accepted the invitation today for Casual 2. So you can update the first post now. Thanks![/QUOTE]I normally don't update the list until I check the clan myself.

[quote name='shinryuu']I can make it on Thursday, might be late since I don't leave school till ~6pm. Saturday, most probably unless I decide to, ya'know, have a social life.

As for my connection, I don't know if it'll be available. ;D[/QUOTE]What's that?:whistle2:k

Anyway, time wise I'm looking at:
3/21
Casual 2 vs. Giant Bomb - 8pm EST
Casual 1 vs. Giant Bomb - 9pm EST
Hardcore vs. Giant Bomb - 10pm EST

Timing these events is quite hard because since the person organizing this is from Japan, we kind of have to play in the evening on a weekend.

There are some clans we will play which are mostly based in Europe, which will have us play on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Btw, in case you want to know why I'm up at 4:16am, I was asleep, got up, and can't go back to sleep. :whistle2:(

[quote name='enufs8d']did we figure out why the hardcore vs casual 1 clan match was so buggy?[/QUOTE]
I call hax on the hardcore team. That's the ONLY reason they won after all. ;) rematch?

[quote name='enufs8d']did we figure out why the hardcore vs casual 1 clan match was so buggy?[/QUOTE]I will say two things. For one, every once in a while you get placed on a terrible server. While I have KZ2 nights on Thursday, Thursday is the worst day to play games or download from anything on PSN (everything runs slower, and lag is more present in games, due to most new game updates appearing along with PS Store update). Especially as it gets later, speed slows down.

TMK,

I accepted the invite last night before 2.5 hours of playing. It says I am in CAG clan 3 I do believe. Will this clan get in on some of the scheduled battles etc at any point do you think?

[quote name='Snake2715']TMK,

I accepted the invite last night before 2.5 hours of playing. It says I am in CAG clan 3 I do believe. Will this clan get in on some of the scheduled battles etc at any point do you think?[/QUOTE]It's temp until I can move you. I plan to get all clans involved in clan battles. However, the chances of casual 2 being in the Giant Bomb match at the moment is 50 / 50. Mostly because I need to assure I can get enough people to attend (still a bunch of pending invites and the clan is mostly new).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if I join a clan I can choose to leave, right? there's an option for that?[/quote]

I've only seen the option to leave a clan on your profile page at the Killzone website.

bread's done
Back