CAG Killzone 3 Clan/Game Night Thread [4/20 @ 8pm EST]

If I can get some time to play tonight, I'd like to join. I haven't played KZ3 in a couple weeks so I might be a little rusty but I do have the new maps installed.

[quote name='Darknyss']Cool, I was hoping there'd be a game night this week. I really want to check out the new maps but I doubt everyone is going to have them.[/QUOTE]I need to get the new maps.

I can host Saturday or sometime this weekend, but I do plan to work all weekend on top of the week (trying to make the big $$$).

I MIGHT be able to do Wednesday (I will still schedule it), since I plan to go biking after work. Thursday I cannot do this week because of the Chicago Bulls game.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I MIGHT be able to do Wednesday (I will still schedule it), since I plan to go biking after work. Thursday I cannot do this week because of the Chicago Bulls game.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. If you aren't able to make it I'll still host a game (provided people show up!)

btw, Patch 1.08 is live and fixes the map rotation bug.

Good games on a short night, my apologies if I held things up getting the DLC but it was nice with a smaller team because it seemed like we all worked together pretty well. These new maps will revitalize my interest, I'd been playing so much Just Cause 2 the past month I had to relearn the KZ3 controls.

[quote name='QiG']Good games on a short night, my apologies if I held things up getting the DLC but it was nice with a smaller team because it seemed like we all worked together pretty well. These new maps will revitalize my interest, I'd been playing so much Just Cause 2 the past month I had to relearn the KZ3 controls.[/QUOTE]
No worries. Someone came by my house to drop something off and they left as soon as you got on so it was perfect timing for me.

I like Stahl Arms too. Best part is that there's no jetpack/mech BS to deal with. I really only play on CAG nights so I haven't gotten burnt out on the game yet. But it would be nice if they added more retro maps. I wouldn't mind some smaller games in Radec and Depot.

Hopefully we'll continue to get people to play. Participation has been dwindling... still having fun though :D

I've been playing this one on and off the past couple of weeks. I'm going to try to be on tomorrow night if anyone wants to join (PSN: squareislife).

I finally played this and man i was right. They tried to put to many things in the game like 3d and move support and made it significantly worse. The iron sights aren't as good, the graphics aren't nearly as good, it feels like CODzone without aim assist. The graphics look better in very few places in 3 and the storymode just doesn't seem to be half as fun. Add that to the fact that eveyone i have heard or talked to says that the multiplayer in KZ 3 is nowhere near as good as KZ2 an i am just happy i didn't buy this one. I could tell from the beta that this wasn't the same kind of game and was more of a rushjob.

[quote name='QiG']Millertime.. I thought I've played online with you before. Maybe it was Motorstorm?[/QUOTE]
Not sure, I don't remember playing Motorstorm online much.. Probably something though.

I just played a game of this and was fucking horrible haha, I was pretty good at Killzone 2 but I keep respawning and getting killed every 3 seconds, and have absolutely no accuracy. Any suggestions, or basically just have to stick it out until I can unlock some of the better weapons?

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Not sure, I don't remember playing Motorstorm online much.. Probably something though.

I just played a game of this and was fucking horrible haha, I was pretty good at Killzone 2 but I keep respawning and getting killed every 3 seconds, and have absolutely no accuracy. Any suggestions, or basically just have to stick it out until I can unlock some of the better weapons?[/QUOTE]

The unlocks will make a huge difference. When you're just starting out the points actually come pretty quickly. It's tempting to spread things out but I would honestly recommend picking a class and sticking with it before trying to level up multiple classes. I had a lot of success as a medic because the triage++ skill means you can revive yourself once per spawn, and also as the tactician because I am not a great aim but the base gun made it easy for me to mow people down. For fun I like to spy and because I am too impatient to play D most times, I only switch to sniper/engineer sparingly.

I ended up putting all my supply points toward medic, unlocked all the guns and started getting the hang of it. I find online games like this really frustrating, where you have to put X number of hours before you can even compete with the higher ranked guys in terms of unlocks. With COD I'm actually able to hold my own so I don't really mind that, but I questioned if I wanted to stick with this a few times. But now I'm loving it. Any CAG friend requests are welcome, would like to play with you guys

CAG nights were usually Weds or Thurs and sometimes Sat on top of that. I'm not too reliable on the weekends (working today) and Tuesdays are bad but if someone wants to schedule something I'll try and make it. I had *just* gotten the last DLC when PSN went down and have been meaning to try it out more.

[quote name='knightsdwn']Perfect time for a CAG night me thinks![/QUOTE]
Oh I agree. I hope to get on this weekend.

Anyway, I actually want to host a CAG night, but trying to figure out when people would be ready to play. I should be available all next week.

Was thinking about picking up KZ3 again with the $30 off with Infamous 2 deal. Do the CAG nights still start and end early like in the KZ2 days? For example, when I used to get on around 9PM CST I would catch the last couple of minutes of the last match before everybody went offline.

hey guys just wanted to say I decided to sell KZ3 so you can remove me from the Clan. I just got bored with it once I got the majority of the unlocks. I've resumed playing KZ2 online though (since i rarely did it before) and actually prefer many aspects of it to KZ3 so go figure.

[quote name='Cardiff Giant']hey guys just wanted to say I decided to sell KZ3 so you can remove me from the Clan. I just got bored with it once I got the majority of the unlocks. I've resumed playing KZ2 online though (since i rarely did it before) and actually prefer many aspects of it to KZ3 so go figure.[/QUOTE]
If there are issues with space, I'll remove you.

I guess I should also mention that I am without a home internet connection (by choice) for the time being, so my clan spot can be used if needed.

bread's done
Back