CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

[quote name='Javery']Nah, I use 3rd party (Sony) in-ear headphones. I cannot stand the Apple ones that don't fit, fall out easily and don't exclude outside sounds. I didn't think of that though - maybe I can invest in a new pair of Sony headphones if they sell them with those features...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't use them either...I'm not sure if there are third-party ones that have similar features.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Not entireley relevant but i though i would share since this thread needs some more motivation. This is kind of a before and after post. This is about a Year and a Half after my lifestyle change. Results and Pics from my weekend event this past Saturday.

Before:
main.php

Iron Crusader 2011 [link]
Placed: 146 out of 1014
Distance: 3.5mi (3.25mi via GPS Watch)
Time: 31:33

Fire:
main.php
Finish Line:
main.php
Mud Pits:
main.php

For The Record:
Height: 6'
Starting Weight: 255 lbs
Current Weight: 178 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 77 lbs
[/QUOTE]
you look amazing :applause:

Went below my target weight this morning.

Starting weight: 198.0 lbs (July 11, 2011)
Today's weight: 174.2 lbs (October 28, 2011)

Target weight: 175 lbs.

What the heck do I do now? =)

[quote name='Kylearan']Went below my target weight this morning.

Starting weight: 198.0 lbs (July 11, 2011)
Today's weight: 174.2 lbs (October 28, 2011)

Target weight: 175 lbs.

What the heck do I do now? =)[/QUOTE]

Start packing on the muscle.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Not entireley relevant but i though i would share since this thread needs some more motivation. This is kind of a before and after post. This is about a Year and a Half after my lifestyle change. Results and Pics from my weekend event this past Saturday.

Before:
main.php

Iron Crusader 2011 [link]
Placed: 146 out of 1014
Distance: 3.5mi (3.25mi via GPS Watch)
Time: 31:33

Fire:
main.php
Finish Line:
main.php
Mud Pits:
main.php

For The Record:
Height: 6'
Starting Weight: 255 lbs
Current Weight: 178 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 77 lbs
[/QUOTE]

Wow dude. I bet you feel awesome all the time. So how long did the last 10lbs. take for you to lose? That's where I'm at. I'm currently 189 (6'-0") and I'd like to get to the 177-180 range. If I can continue to lose about 2 lbs. a month I think I'd be happy with that knowing by next spring I'd hit my goal. The last 10 are the hardest though - plus I've got about 9 years on you and the older you get the harder it is. Ugh.

I need to sign up for one of those races. One of my friends keeps talking it up and after seeing those pics it looks like a lot of fun.

[quote name='blindinglights']Start packing on the muscle.[/QUOTE]

Yep - weight conquered, now time to put a little back on.

Bosu Ball is pretty much the bomb for abs. Gotta get used to the kettleball swing, though.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']you look amazing :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Hard work pays off

[quote name='Javery']Wow dude. I bet you feel awesome all the time. So how long did the last 10lbs. take for you to lose? That's where I'm at. I'm currently 189 (6'-0") and I'd like to get to the 177-180 range. If I can continue to lose about 2 lbs. a month I think I'd be happy with that knowing by next spring I'd hit my goal. The last 10 are the hardest though - plus I've got about 9 years on you and the older you get the harder it is. Ugh.

I need to sign up for one of those races. One of my friends keeps talking it up and after seeing those pics it looks like a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

I lost the first 65lbs all by changing my diet and eating. But after 65lbs I leveled off so then I figured I would start running. Let me start by saying that I Loathed running, and I basically decided to make it a new hobby (easiest and fits any budget). The goal I gave myself was to be able to run a 5k Comfortably. I started small by running around a mile or so and being gassed, but each time i would run I would push myself further and further.

I was running pretty heavily about 5-6 days a week when i started. In about 2.5 weeks the last 10lbs fell off like nothing, and within a month I went from barley being able to run 1 mile to running over 7 miles at one time. At that point I realized I became a runner, I then went out and bought proper shoes and clothing and haven't looked back since. I've since scaled back and run 3-5 times a week and I switch up my distances and speed, but I run a 10k once a week usually on a Saturday or Sunday. This has also all been accomplished in 3.5 months, so I am confident anyone can do it if they are willing to push themselves.

If you have a smartphone I highly recommend using Runkeeper or similar apps. It helps with the metrics and gives good motivation when you get to see your progress you've made. Keep in mind its not always accurate and often states your run further and faster than you actually are. Within a month I upgraded to a proper Garmin GPS Watch.

Personal Records (Link)http://runkeeper.com/user/coreyridd
Furthest Ran: 10.1mi
Best Week: 24.1mi
Best Month: 55.7mi

Dipping into the 150's, after changing portion sizes. I'm now eating three meals with two or so healthy snacks in. Still lifting nighty with a run tacked on. I'll be quite happy to hit 150 pounds. Just gotta lose a bit more around the midsection.

I'm a little late to the party but I'm 6' 3''. I actually started last week but I didn't post here.

Starting weight as of (10-21): 215
Goal: 190
As of today (10-30): 210

I use Lose It to count calories it's very helpful and better than carrying a pen and paper everywhere. I also use an app called JEFIT. It's a work out app I use it to keep up with my work outs and create routines for certain days. It's a big help if it weren't for it I would be working out randomly getting nowhere.

starting weight: 175 (as of feb)
Current weight: 140
height: 5'9"
goal: I actually want to hit about 160 but get rid of the very tiny bit of fat I have and start packing on some more lean mass.

I find it hard to diet this semester with my busy school and work schedule but I'm running everyday and lifting every other and have slowly been shredding off the rest of my fat. I'll focus on bulking in January I figure.

Weekly Weigh-In

Height: 6'4"
CAG Challenge Starting Weight: 223.8

Last Week: 208.0 lbs.
This Week: 205.4 lbs.

Total Weight Loss from CAG Challenge: 18.4 pounds

Getting there. Should be in the 190's by the end of the month. I'd like to be at 190 by the end of the year.

The cold weather is starting to limit my workouts though. My weights are outside in a small covered area, so I've been having to wait until the day warms up enough and even then I've been wearing full sweats and an extra layer if necessary.

Running outside has also been frustrating because it's just slower paced maintenance running; can't really work on speed when it's cold like this. Getting the clothing just right so I'm not too cold but also not overdressed has been a pain in the ass. I'm either under dressed and it's too cold or I'm wearing too much and I sweat way more than I should.

I have an exercise bike if it gets too cold, but I hate using it because it's nearly impossible to keep the intensity up like when I'm running.

It's not the cheapass thing to do but I suggest joining a gym. I pay like $14 every 2 weeks for Bally's and I couldn't go without it in the cold weather.

[quote name='Javery']It's not the cheapass thing to do but I suggest joining a gym. I pay like $14 every 2 weeks for Bally's and I couldn't go without it in the cold weather.[/QUOTE]
I joined Youfit $15 a month and a pretty good gym.

[quote name='Javery']It's not the cheapass thing to do but I suggest joining a gym. I pay like $14 every 2 weeks for Bally's and I couldn't go without it in the cold weather.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I live in the middle of nowhere and my only option for a gym is a 40 minute drive away and costs $50 a month plus a $75 sign-up fee. Between the gas to drive there at least three times a week and the high fees, it would be extremely expensive for me. Not to mention the time it would take to go between the driving and a good workout.

I already looked into getting a membership to the gym back when I started and really needed access to a squat rack, but after I figured out how much it would cost me to go to the gym I just built my own instead. I just don't have enough room inside my house to keep my rack/bench inside. I don't even think the rack would fit if I had the room, since I had to build it extra tall for a pull-up bar I could actually hang from. If it weren't for the zoning laws and having to get the proper permits, I probably would have built a small shed to use as a weight room by now. So I'm basically stuck with outside weights and no other options.

That homemade rack is awesome. I'd be scared that my angles weren't 90 degrees and the entire thing would come crashing down.

You need to move! Seriously - who wants to spend their life in the Middle of Nowhere? 40 minutes for the closest gym? I bet there are 100s of gyms within 40 minutes of me and I can't even go east for 40 minutes or I'd be in the ocean.

Anyone got any good (and quick) ab exercises? Something I can power through in 10 minutes or so. I do crunches, side crunches, leg lifts and then upright leg lifts using a machine at the gym. I'm looking to switch it up a little. The top muscles are pretty much there and now I'm starting to see the line on both sides of my abs but I need to hit the bottom middle area - there is still some nasty fat showing there so I know I need to continue to run and watch what I eat but I'd really like to speed things up, if possible.

[quote name='Javery']That homemade rack is awesome. I'd be scared that my angles weren't 90 degrees and the entire thing would come crashing down.[/QUOTE]

I just followed the plans on that site, it really wasn't too difficult but drilling all the holes was the biggest pain in the ass. Measure twice, cut once :).

It's much sturdier than you would probably think with it being made out of wood. The heaviest I've had it loaded up to so far was 340 lbs. for standing calf raises. Once I get some more plates, I'll be able to test it with more weight.

[quote name='Javery']Anyone got any good (and quick) ab exercises? Something I can power through in 10 minutes or so. I do crunches, side crunches, leg lifts and then upright leg lifts using a machine at the gym. I'm looking to switch it up a little. The top muscles are pretty much there and now I'm starting to see the line on both sides of my abs but I need to hit the bottom middle area - there is still some nasty fat showing there so I know I need to continue to run and watch what I eat but I'd really like to speed things up, if possible.[/QUOTE]
You're doing plenty already. You could do exercises that work the total core (like deadlifts) but honestly, getting ripped abs has far more to do with BF% then your ab routine.

[quote name='Allnatural']You're doing plenty already. You could do exercises that work the total core (like deadlifts) but honestly, getting ripped abs has far more to do with BF% then your ab routine.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true. I'll just keep on keeping on. Ugh.

EDIT: Also, I had my weekly weigh-in this morning. I lost 0.2 lbs. for the week bringing me down to 189.0. I'm actually pretty happy with this all things considered. Last Friday I closed a major deal I had been working on around the clock so when I got home Friday night we ordered Chinese food which we do like once a year. I ate leftovers all weekend. Monday was Halloween - trick-or-treating was bad. I probably had 7 or 8 pieces of candy when I was out with the kids. Tuesday and Thursday of this week I had closing dinners to go to (mmmm.... Morton's) so that was bad (but the steak was good). I didn't miss any exercise sessions and I was eating well during the day all week though so I was happy just to keep my weight around even. Oh my God I've turned into a chick.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Javery']EDIT: Also, I had my weekly weigh-in this morning. I lost 0.2 lbs. for the week bringing me down to 189.0. I'm actually pretty happy with this all things considered. Last Friday I closed a major deal I had been working on around the clock so when I got home Friday night we ordered Chinese food which we do like once a year. I ate leftovers all weekend. Monday was Halloween - trick-or-treating was bad. I probably had 7 or 8 pieces of candy when I was out with the kids. Tuesday and Thursday of this week I had closing dinners to go to (mmmm.... Morton's) so that was bad (but the steak was good). I didn't miss any exercise sessions and I was eating well during the day all week though so I was happy just to keep my weight around even. Oh my God I've turned into a chick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this past week was bad for me too. With Halloween and going out to eat a couple of nights, I'm back up to 197.4. It's less than a pound though, so I should be able to get back on track.

I'm glad I live in an apartment building (with all apartments only accessible via the inside). We don't get Halloween traffic, and so, I had no temptation with candy.

[quote name='Rig']I'm glad I live in an apartment building (with all apartments only accessible via the inside). We don't get Halloween traffic, and so, I had no temptation with candy.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation building-wise. Unfortunately, my co-worker has a 3 year old, and he brought in massive amounts of her candy for the office. My willpower? Yeah, not so strong when there's Reeses involved.

Guess now is a better time than never.

Height: 5'7

Starting weight: 184 (July 1, 2011)
Current weight: 154 (November 5, 2011)
Target weight: 135-140

First few months the pounds just started to fall off but I've hit a wall the past few weeks (161 lbs). Found out that if I overate for a few days, I can just continue with my current routine and it will continue to work. Sure enough the pounds started to fall like crazy again and I dropped about 8 lbs in about a week. Should reach my goal in about 2 months or so.

[quote name='TheRock88']Guess now is a better time than never.

First few months the pounds just started to fall off but I've hit a wall the past few weeks (161 lbs). Found out that if I overate for a few days, I can just continue with my current routine and it will continue to work. Sure enough the pounds started to fall like crazy again and I dropped about 8 lbs in about a week. Should reach my goal in about 2 months or so.[/QUOTE]
We're close to the same height and I only hit 155 after having the flu for a week...heh. Otherwise, I've been stuck at 160-165 for the last couple of years. Good luck!

Damn you guys are going to be skinny bitches. I think I was 135 when I was in like 7th grade! Of course, I've got about 5" on you but still does 5" = 50lbs??? Keep up the good work!

Haha...I wish! I've been bulking up, but not really dieting, so I haven't quite hit the point in which it looks like I'm slimming down. It took me quite a few years to get this big and I'm taking my time going back down.

Saw a couple old friends (women) at a wedding this weekend, and I was later told they were talking about how good I was looking...toned arms and such. Made me feel damn good, and it's those compliments that keep me going strong.

Nice - I've got a wedding coming up this weekend and there will be some people from high school there that I haven't seen in 10+ years... it will be interesting to see who got all fat and shit.

[quote name='TheRock88']Guess now is a better time than never.

First few months the pounds just started to fall off but I've hit a wall the past few weeks (161 lbs). Found out that if I overate for a few days, I can just continue with my current routine and it will continue to work. Sure enough the pounds started to fall like crazy again and I dropped about 8 lbs in about a week. Should reach my goal in about 2 months or so.[/QUOTE]

Nice job man! We're the same height, but I must have a different build than you because I can't imagine getting down to 135. My lowest weight was around 177 in college and I was pretty slim and toned.

Javery, if you think 135 in 7th grade is bad, I was around 185 when I was 13 and 5'3"!

Here's my update. Lost a pound since last week. I'm going to start exercising again starting next year. We'll also be starting another biggest loser competition at work so that will be some good motivation.

Starting Weight (May): 231.6
Last week's weight: 197.4 lbs
Current weight: 196.4
Goal weight: 26.4 pounds to go

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='encendido5']Javery, if you think 135 in 7th grade is bad, I was around 185 when I was 13 and 5'3"![/QUOTE]

Damn - you must have been able to kick all sorts of ass in school! Keep up the great work!

Weekly update:

Height: 6'-0"
November 11, 2011: 186.0
GOAL: 185 lbs.

I'm definitely going lower once I cross 185 next week but I like to keep my goals within reach so I only set them 5 lbs. at a time. Ultimately I think I'd like to settle between 175-180 but 11 lbs. seems way too far off... also, there's really almost no fat left to lose. My lower stomach area is all that's left but I don't think there are even 5 lbs. there...

I might be allergic (or have some sort of reaction) to peanuts. :/

I saw a gastroenterologist a week or so ago because I have bad issues with bloating at times. Seemed to be with various types of food. They took some blood, but, I have to wait until the 29th for the results.

In the meantime, I had a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter (snack) last night...and ten minutes later...BOOM. I was carrying a bowling ball in my chest. :(

Hopefully, they find something because I've struggled with this for a while now.

That sucks Rig. I found out in my early 30s that I was allergic to Kiwi - I had been eating it all of my life and then all of a sudden I started having bad reactions to it. The last time I tried I could feel my throat closing up and my lips swell. Sucks - I love Kiwi!

Weekly Weigh-In

Last Week Weigh-In: 205.4 lbs.
This Week: 201.4 lbs.

Total Weight Loss from CAG Challenge: 22.4 pounds

Totally forgot to update last week. I dipped down to 202~201 last Friday, but then screwed it up by going to Buffalo Wild Wings, eating pizza, and not exercising during a weekend trip to visit family. Luckily, the two days I went over were offset by earlier in the week and I still came out with an overall deficit for the week.

I'm hoping that I get into the 190's next week. I think the last time I weighed under 200 pounds was more than 12 years ago and I was four to five inches shorter than I am now. :shock:

[quote name='blindinglights']Weekly Weigh-In

Last Week Weigh-In: 205.4 lbs.
This Week: 201.4 lbs.

Total Weight Loss from CAG Challenge: 22.4 pounds

Totally forgot to update last week. I dipped down to 202~201 last Friday, but then screwed it up by going to Buffalo Wild Wings, eating pizza, and not exercising during a weekend trip to visit family. Luckily, the two days I went over were offset by earlier in the week and I still came out with an overall deficit for the week.

I'm hoping that I get into the 190's next week. I think the last time I weighed under 200 pounds was more than 12 years ago and I was four to five inches shorter than I am now. :shock:[/QUOTE]

Nice work. At 6'-4" you must be pretty skinny right now at only 201 lbs. You've got 4" on me but I'm only 15 lbs. lighter and there's not much left for me to lose (other than muscle, I guess). Feels great, doesn't it?

Current weight: 154 (November 15, 2011)
Target weight: 135-140[/QUOTE]

Update from last week, looks like I hit a wall again. :cry:

Been stuck at 154-153 all week and cant get lower. Looks like I'll keep trying the same routine for another week before trying something else. Trying to lower your weight while eating less than 1600 calories a day is pretty hard.

[quote name='Javery']Nice work. At 6'-4" you must be pretty skinny right now at only 201 lbs. You've got 4" on me but I'm only 15 lbs. lighter and there's not much left for me to lose (other than muscle, I guess). Feels great, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

I am definitely skinny in comparison to when I was over 270 lbs. last year, but I am still carrying weight around the midsection. It's not exactly what I would call a gut really, but my stomach isn't flat around the waist. That really seems to be the only noticeable place I'm carrying weight.

It does feel great. :)

Since you've got down to the weight you were looking to, why not do the Chris Hemsworth Thor workout/eating plan and pack on 20 pounds of muscle in 3 months :D.

So I've completely failed my challenge, simply don't have the income to eat enough food. Sticking at 116 lb until winterbreak hits, then I'll get back to feasting at home, and hopefully have a job for next semester.

im back on my workouts after missing like 2 weeks (1 week we didnt have fucking power and that got me lazy for the following week) and i have been eating garbage and drinking alcohol a lot. so tomorrow im starting a 2 day fast. just drinking 3 protein shakes a day. one for breakfast lunch and diner no actual food to try and kick start my metabolism. i really need to drop 30lbs. i dropped 60 pounds 4 years ago and it felt easy now im having a real hard time staying motivated.

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: I sure as hell need to get back on this. I put on SO much weight, I think I have my own orbit. ::eats other planets::[/QUOTE]

Join the club lilboo. If I can do it seriously anyone can.

Weekly update:

November 18, 2011: 184.8
NEW GOAL: 180 lbs.

Holy bananas I'm under 185!!! I'm kicking ass and I feel great. :)

I fell off of snake way for awhile, but eventually found my way back on the path to King Kai's.

Height: 6'-2"
September 11, 2011: 300.4lbs
Currently: 282.0lbs
Goal: 250lbs

Still trying to get to 50lbs lost total, but I think I floated around 285 for a good 2 weeks eating junk food and playing xbox again. Damn you Modern Warfare 3.

[quote name='Javery']Join the club lilboo. If I can do it seriously anyone can.

Weekly update:

November 18, 2011: 184.8
NEW GOAL: 180 lbs.

Holy bananas I'm under 185!!! I'm kicking ass and I feel great. :)[/QUOTE]

im just wondering do you look really skinny? im only 5'8 but when i get around the 200 or under mark i end up looking really skinny. i like being solid but not fat. maybe its just my body type.

anyways im enjoying my workouts again. i miss getting drunk more than i miss eating junk food. i lost 10 pounds on my 2 day fast and im going to have to show some great restraint on this thanksgiving day...the day where for no good reason its acceptable to be a total glutton and i usually do.

[quote name='sublime90']im just wondering do you look really skinny? im only 5'8 but when i get around the 200 or under mark i end up looking really skinny. i like being solid but not fat. maybe its just my body type.[/QUOTE]

Not really... I mean I am a lot skinnier than I have been for the last 15 years and pretty much everyone says something to me when they see me but I'm not exactly skinny. I am a pretty big dude (broad shoulders) and I used to lift weights 5-6 times a week pretty much since college with only a few months off here and there so there's got to be some muscle under there.

Ever since I decided to see how thin I could get (since February) I haven't lifted any weights other than a few super light reps once a week so I think muscle loss is contributing to the weight loss. I still have muscle definition though - I'm just a weak girly man now.

My dad is an inch taller than me and I still have 20lbs. on him though so there is probably a lot of room to go down. He has never lifted a weight in his life but he has been running 5 miles a day for about 40 years now. I don't think I'll try for 165lbs. but I'd be happy between 175-180lbs.

EDIT: Also, F Thanksgiving weekend.

Not to get too worrisome, but muscle loss is a bad thing. It can take a lot more time and work to rebuild muscle than it can to regain fat. "Thin" isn't necessarily good, "fit" is better - it's better to weigh 175 and be fit with muscle tone than the be same height and weigh 150 but just be 'skinny'. But we do tend to use weight and BMI as the two main quick measurements, which ironically are probably some of the worst measurements.
That said, it's easier said than done - once I ran my 5k, I have really been off my game - i haven't been exercising anywhere near as much, even with the Kinect which should make it easy. Although I'm still seeing benefits - I'm walking up the 6 doubleflights of stairs at work much faster and easier, and on a hike last weekend and a walk yesterday, I was in front without even trying to be - I'm normally way in the back. My weight went down on Friday to a number i haven't seen in years, but I yoyoed back up a pound or so. I keep bouncing around the same 2 pound range but it seems to slowly be trending downward. I've had a lot going on the last month though, so that's my excuse/reason. At least I've maintained, not gained.

[quote name='dtcarson']Not to get too worrisome, but muscle loss is a bad thing. It can take a lot more time and work to rebuild muscle than it can to regain fat. "Thin" isn't necessarily good, "fit" is better - it's better to weigh 175 and be fit with muscle tone than the be same height and weigh 150 but just be 'skinny'. But we do tend to use weight and BMI as the two main quick measurements, which ironically are probably some of the worst measurements.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree and I'm not worried at all. I'm actually very fit. When I was lifting I was drinking protein shakes and all that nonsense and I was pretty jacked (I was way too big). Nothing fit me properly and it was easy to hide a small gut because I was so big up top. Now I'm in the best shape I've probably ever been in and even though I'm not lifting like I used to the light weights are helping me keep toned and since I do over an hour of cardio a day I'm burning off the fat. Plus, I eat very healthy and I don't really drink alcohol (maybe once a month, if that). After 15+ years of trying to find what works for me I finally did it and it is super easy to maintain.

Good for you :)

I think that's the toughest part, sticking with various methods to find out what works for you (that, and the concept of 'you have to eat enough to lose weight', rather than just 'i have to eat less'). And having the patience to work at eat and make the behavior/diet modifications for the long haul, since we're so used to seeing "Lose 30 pounds in 30 days!"

Yeah, I've heard that unless you're really into the bodybuilding thing, it's possible to lift too much, or too heavy, than your body really 'needs'.

Congrats on finding a method that works and continuing to improve your fitness :) (and thanks for sharing your path!)

Thanksgiving week has been terrible. I was over my limit every day from Tuesday to Saturday. The killer for me was desserts. Apple pie, peach pie, pumpkin pie, peach cobbler, etc. Luckily, I think I'm only up about a pound and a half. I'm wondering if it might be some water weight too since I think I might be slightly dehydrated compared to usual. The tap water at my family's house tasted a little off to me so I didn't drink as much.

Anyway, I stayed under my limit today, and I will be back on track tomorrow now that I'm back home and have access to a kitchen. I should break even and get back to last week's number by the end of the week.

[quote name='dtcarson']Good for you :)

I think that's the toughest part, sticking with various methods to find out what works for you (that, and the concept of 'you have to eat enough to lose weight', rather than just 'i have to eat less'). And having the patience to work at eat and make the behavior/diet modifications for the long haul, since we're so used to seeing "Lose 30 pounds in 30 days!"

Yeah, I've heard that unless you're really into the bodybuilding thing, it's possible to lift too much, or too heavy, than your body really 'needs'.

Congrats on finding a method that works and continuing to improve your fitness :) (and thanks for sharing your path!)[/QUOTE]

Thanks - the toughest part was definitely finding something that works. Now that I have, sticking to it is easy - that's why it works! :D

The quick fix fad diets almost always fail - I've never really gone crazy with something like no carbs or anything though - I don't have that in me. That said, I'm thinking of doing the PX90 program starting in January. Someone talk me in or out of it.

[quote name='blindinglights']Thanksgiving week has been terrible. I was over my limit every day from Tuesday to Saturday. The killer for me was desserts. Apple pie, peach pie, pumpkin pie, peach cobbler, etc. Luckily, I think I'm only up about a pound and a half. I'm wondering if it might be some water weight too since I think I might be slightly dehydrated compared to usual. The tap water at my family's house tasted a little off to me so I didn't drink as much.

Anyway, I stayed under my limit today, and I will be back on track tomorrow now that I'm back home and have access to a kitchen. I should break even and get back to last week's number by the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

Thanksgiving weekend was tough for me. I made it to the gym on Friday but not over the weekend (I usually go either Saturday or Sunday depending on the schedule but never both) so I missed one day of working out PLUS I had a slice of apple pie and a scoop of ice cream (my nemesis) on Thursday and generally didn't eat that great the rest of the time.

The one thing that has been killing me is that I haven't had a good shit since Wednesday. I have a psychological block or something when I'm home. I'm regular like a mofo during the week at work but that seems to be the only place I can comfortably take a dump. I almost never go on weekends at home and it's not for a lack of trying. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to today to get it all out of me.

My thoughts on P90X:
It works...so it's definitely something worth trying. However, the workout routines are pretty lengthy; some are like an hour long. If you're really busy, it might be semi-difficult to devote that much time each night. (I've heard the Insanity program is shorter; might be more my style, though I haven't tried that one.)

I'm not fond of a few of the P90X routines (Yoga-X, etc.) while I really enjoyed some of the others.

I'd recommend giving it a shot, if you need more cardio. I was using it as a supplement when it got too cold for my outdoor runs. (I've never followed the program for the full 90 days, and, I skipped around the program a lot.)

I ate quite a bit over the Thanksgiving break. Plus, I went out to Vegas with a few buddies...so I didn't workout for nearly a full week. I did go back up a pound or two. It felt great to finally get back home to my weights. But, since I'm not really worried about my pounds, I guess I'm still in an okay spot. If I do go up in weight, I want muscle. I'm very happy with where I'm at right now; just gotta stay the course.

bread's done
Back