CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

When I read that yesterday I thought the same thing about him passing out. The ending of the post is so strange.

I'm also no sure how 186 is too much at 6'3", yet he wants to gain weight? Or does he mean he's 186 too much, or over, where he wants to be?

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: @ passing out.

Javery, you start the 5x5?[/QUOTE]

I started reading the PDF you posted - does that count? :D

This morning I got back to interval training on the treadmill and it is so tiring but it definitely makes a huge difference. If I can get down to 175 by the end of March I'll be psyched. I have a baby on the way in May so I have a feeling that the gym time will be compromised a little so I want to get in as much as I can now...

Hey guys mind if I join in on this? I have really been looking all over the place for a workout buddy of some sort, a motivator, or someone to be able to talk to while I work out. This has been since last summer of course, which I ended up buying a nike+ thing to track my exercise progress, however I never found anyone, so I guess I have just been using that as my excuse.. I will most likely be taking my dog with me on walks too if that makes any difference (she is almost 20 lbs and is a chihuahua, so I figured it'd be good for both of us...this is from my sister taking care of her for 6 years feeding her anything). I do drink sodas almost on a regular basis and when I cut them out of my diet for 8 months I had lost a little over 15 lbs from just that alone, just to end up drinking it all again because of one little slip up.

Just seeing this thread with people's stories makes me feel like this can be a good thing, and of course a new year's resolution for just about everyone I know is to lose weight.

Anyways here is my info:
Height: 5' 5''
Current weight: 210lbs
Goal Weight: 160lbs range

I was only 105lbs in 2006 when I graduated high school. Since them I have been working several full time jobs, getting my college degree/attending college full time, etc. Maybe on here I will be more motivated to try to lose the weight I keep putting off losing. I really want to cosplay again, but I am unhappy with my body, so I just eat/drink carelessly.

Pic of me >.< The one I took recent of me I am wearing black pants and blouse for work, so I look much better lol
Viewer beware
me.jpg

And high school:
44306_623758905458_46711322_35122661_4198563_n.jpg

I know I am deff. not getting back down to that, but I'd kill for it again lol
2010 I was still decently small:
45988_623760661938_46711322_35122696_3054091_n.jpg

I can eat 1,471 calories per day currently using this app
my e-mail I signed up with is: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so jealous you have age on your side. At 24 you should be able to get into good shape with some dedication fairly quickly. First piece of advice - stop drinking soda. Diet or regular - that shit will kill you. Also, water is delicious.

Pro Tip: don't make your goal 160lbs. - that seems so far away. Start by just getting under 200, then maybe lower it by 10 lbs. until you hit your ultimate goal. Little victories are so important and will keep you motivated. Finally, get into a routine - start by walking your dog, then move on to something a little more intense. Don't skip workouts and don't make excuses. There is always time and anyone can do this if they want it bad enough. There is nothing on this planet that tastes as good as being fit feels. Have fun!

[quote name='Ellahjay88']Hey guys mind if I join in on this? I have really been looking all over the place for a workout buddy of some sort, a motivator, or someone to be able to talk to while I work out. This has been since last summer of course, which I ended up buying a nike+ thing to track my exercise progress, however I never found anyone, so I guess I have just been using that as my excuse.. I will most likely be taking my dog with me on walks too if that makes any difference (she is almost 20 lbs and is a chihuahua, so I figured it'd be good for both of us...this is from my sister taking care of her for 6 years feeding her anything). I do drink sodas almost on a regular basis and when I cut them out of my diet for 8 months I had lost a little over 15 lbs from just that alone, just to end up drinking it all again because of one little slip up.

Just seeing this thread with people's stories makes me feel like this can be a good thing, and of course a new year's resolution for just about everyone I know is to lose weight.

Anyways here is my info:
Height: 5' 5''
Current weight: 210lbs
Goal Weight: 160lbs range

I was only 105lbs in 2006 when I graduated high school. Since them I have been working several full time jobs, getting my college degree/attending college full time, etc. Maybe on here I will be more motivated to try to lose the weight I keep putting off losing. I really want to cosplay again, but I am unhappy with my body, so I just eat/drink carelessly.

Pic of me >.< The one I took recent of me I am wearing black pants and blouse for work, so I look much better lol
Viewer beware
me.jpg

I can eat 1,471 calories per day currently using this app
my e-mail I signed up with is: [email protected][/QUOTE]
Welcome to the thread!

One thing that really helped me with the soda drinking is switching to seltzer. You still get the fun of the carbonation, but none of the sugar. I also don't drink store bought fruit juice anymore because it's way too sweet and if I do, I cut it with seltzer as well with 60-80% seltzer to juice ratio. If I do drink 100% juice, I'll squeeze some oranges, but prefer to eat them.

Like javery said, being 24 is going to help A LOT. Little things like walking your dog, parking further away from entrances, taking stairs instead of escalators/elevators are going to be a great start. It can be pretty frustrating going to a gym or intense work out and only lasting 3 minutes as well as being not very motivational.

Good Luck!

well 160-170 is my ultimate goal. That will take time I know. I'm glad I came across this thread :D It will be a fun little adventure/task

[quote name='Javery']First piece of advice - stop drinking soda. Diet or regular - that shit will kill you.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Javery']First piece of advice - stop drinking soda. Diet or regular - that shit will kill you.[/QUOTE]

It can't be said enough.

[quote name='Javery']Also, ice cold water is delicious.[/QUOTE]

Anything less than damn near frozen and it starts feeling like shitty old water again (I drink it anyway though because it's a necessary evil :whistle2:().

Stupid question: Since diet soda is zero calories (Coke zero) can I lose additional weight by just drinking water? Or are you talking about all the lovely chemicals in it?

[quote name='jbuck138']Stupid question: Since diet soda is zero calories (Coke zero) can I lose additional weight by just drinking water? Or are you talking about all the lovely chemicals in it?[/QUOTE]
It's been suggested that drinking lots of diet soda could cause you to eat more. WebMD says, "maybe."

I gave it up to avoid the chemicals. I've been drinking water for so long I don't even like soda anymore, diet or otherwise.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']And high school:

I know I am deff. not getting back down to that, but I'd kill for it again lol
[/QUOTE]
Why not? Assuming that's a normal, healthy weight for you (i.e. you weren't starving yourself) there's no reason you can't get back to that weight.

It'll be a slow process, but if that's what you want, do it. Good luck.

I don't drink soda that often - i defintely don't buy it for myself, it's more when I'm out somewhere and its there.
But when I do, I avoid the diet - i'd think the chemicals and junk that is in there to make it 0 calories is probably worse for you than the normal version.

[quote name='jbuck138']Stupid question: Since diet soda is zero calories (Coke zero) can I lose additional weight by just drinking water? Or are you talking about all the lovely chemicals in it?[/QUOTE]

Studies are starting to show that diet soda actually promotes weight gain. Strokes and heart attacks too! They don't know for sure but all of those chemicals just can't be good for you...

I've also been drinking water for so long that all soda tastes disgusting to me now.

[quote name='Ellahjay88']I have really been looking all over the place for a workout buddy of some sort, a motivator, or someone to be able to talk to while I work out. This has been since last summer of course, which I ended up buying a nike+ thing to track my exercise progress, however I never found anyone, so I guess I have just been using that as my excuse..[/QUOTE]

The hardest part is getting into the gym. Once I'm there and see a ton of people sweating and working out, it gives me all the motivation I need. I would suggest joining a gym as you won't feel as "alone" as you would when running on your own. I typically find that having a workout buddy only slows you down from an efficient workout because you spend a lot of time talking.

Once the pounds start dropping and the compliments start coming in, your motivation will increase exponentially.

Forgot to mention I had a large Papa John's all to myself yesterday for lunch as my cheat meal of the week. It was only $8.50 for a specialty pie since it was 50% off due to the Giants win.

280 calories times 7 slices = 1960 calories. After work I ended up running four 8 minute miles and burned a little over 500 calories which barely made a dent, but the pizza was so worth it. :D

[quote name='Kendro']The hardest part is getting into the gym. Once I'm there and see a ton of people sweating and working out, it gives me all the motivation I need. I would suggest joining a gym as you won't feel as "alone" as you would when running on your own. I typically find that having a workout buddy only slows you down from an efficient workout because you spend a lot of time talking.

Once the pounds start dropping and the compliments start coming in, your motivation will increase exponentially.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. Running/exercising and dieting by yourself is so much harder. Once you get to a gym and start seeing other people there and get to know them you will feel some accountability if you skip a day or two. When I was getting started if I missed a day I always got "what happened to you yesterday" and it made me less likely to skip for no reason.

The motivation definitely ramps up too when you look at everyone else. The ones just starting and struggling motivate you to never look/feel like that again and the ones who are in better shape give you something to aspire to.

[quote name='Kendro']Forgot to mention I had a large Papa John's all to myself yesterday for lunch as my cheat meal of the week. It was only $8.50 for a specialty pie since it was 50% off due to the Giants win.

280 calories times 7 slices = 1960 calories. After work I ended up running four 8 minute miles and burned a little over 500 calories which barely made a dent, but the pizza was so worth it. :D[/QUOTE]

Damn that's a fatty lunch! Where were they giving 50% off for the Giants? I didn't think there were any Papa John's in the area because you can get a real slice of pizza every 100 yards. I had 2 slices of pizza (with chicken parm on top - mmmm) while watching the game on Sunday - so worth it.

[quote name='Javery']Damn that's a fatty lunch! Where were they giving 50% off for the Giants? I didn't think there were any Papa John's in the area because you can get a real slice of pizza every 100 yards. I had 2 slices of pizza (with chicken parm on top - mmmm) while watching the game on Sunday - so worth it.[/QUOTE]

Since cheat meals are so far and few between, I don't like to waste them on something like Dominos or other fast food restaurants. But the Papa John's deal was too good to pass up.

In NYC, if the Giants or Jets (not anymore) win which includes playoff wins, they offer 50% off your entire order on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Just order online and use the code WIN50. A few of my coworkers ordered wings and cheesy bread and it is a great sight to see that $50 tab drop to $25.

I only drink diet soda if I'm mixing it with rum.

Otherwise water and coffee for me.

What motivates me to get to the gym? I look up pictures of the overweight people on my Facebook. Always pushes me to go.

If anyone wants more motivational type stuff, check out the body transformation articles on BodyBuilding.com.

Seeing other people who have done what you're trying to do usually helps, IMO.

[quote name='seanr1221']What motivates me to get to the gym? I look up pictures of the overweight people on my Facebook. Always pushes me to go.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Overweight people are definitely a good motivator as sad as that sounds.

[quote name='blindinglights']Seeing other people who have done what you're trying to do usually helps, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. If someone else can do it, so can I.

Got my first compliment since starting my diet from someone that stopped me in the hall and asked me if I was losing weight...Feels good. Definately motivating!

[quote name='Number83']Got my first compliment since starting my diet from someone that stopped me in the hall and asked me if I was losing weight...Feels good. Definately motivating![/QUOTE]

Nice. That will keep you going.

Friday weigh-in:

Height: 6'-0"

Last week's weight: 181.6 lbs.
Current weight: 181.4 lbs.
Goal weight: 175.0
So annoying. These last 6-7 lbs. are freaking tough.

Hello, all. I have been looking to lose a lot of weight myself, and reading your stories has really touched me. I have no excuse after seeing what some of you are going through, so I'm giving it my best effort.

Height: 6'1"
Current weight: 263.6 lbs
Goal weight: 220 lbs

Welcome to all the people just signing in! I definitely get motivated by visiting this thread and seeing all you guys going at it week by week. I also look at the before and afters in the myfitnesspal forums and seeing people drop 100 pounds + is a big motivation.

Can anyone recommend some CHEAP protein powder? I was just at GNC and I'm not paying $70 for a month's supply. That's 3X my gym membership. Crazy. I've psyched myself up to start the Insanity workout on Monday with the goal being to finish by my fantasy baseball draft in late March but I'd like to keep some muscle if possible which is why I'm thinking about also taking some protein supplement.

The Body Fortress stuff they sell at Walmart isn't that bad if you're on a budget. I think it's $13 a tub. So it comes out to about $1.09 per 2-scoop serving (270 calories, 52g protein, 4g fat, 15g carbs). I also think there's some creatine in it, but not sure if it's enough to amount to anything. Vanilla tastes alright, chocolate is pretty good, the other ones taste like shit. Always use a blender or mixer, otherwise it clumps pretty bad, but I've noticed that happens with most powders.

New to the thread, but motivated by my wedding at the end of the year and a half-marathon in September.

I'm trying to change my diet - I've cut soda completely since the beginning of the year, and have switched almost exclusively to water & iced tea. I picked up a few Steaz cans (natural green tea & lemonade, 0 carbs/0 calories/filtered water & green tea) to keep things interesting. Trying the Whole 9/Whole 30 diet plan now (no to low carb, high protein with emphasis on lean meats and veggies) and running a treadmill whenever I can (usually 1-2 miles twice-thrice a week). I'm currently at 177 lbs, 5'11", and 29 years old (mostly trying to lose my gut before I start adding muscle).

[quote name='blindinglights']The Body Fortress stuff they sell at Walmart isn't that bad if you're on a budget. I think it's $13 a tub. So it comes out to about $1.09 per 2-scoop serving (270 calories, 52g protein, 4g fat, 15g carbs). I also think there's some creatine in it, but not sure if it's enough to amount to anything. Vanilla tastes alright, chocolate is pretty good, the other ones taste like shit. Always use a blender or mixer, otherwise it clumps pretty bad, but I've noticed that happens with most powders.[/QUOTE]

I use this, and it works pretty well. I agree: chocolate is good. I think you can get it even cheaper from Walmart.com.

I usually throw two scoops of chocolate, two tbsp of (natural) peanut butter and a cup of Silk in the blender...such a tasty shake!

[quote name='Javery']Did you just pass out while typing this?

How did you lose 70lbs.? That is a ton of weight - you must be skinny as hell at 3" taller than me but only 5lbs. heavier. Just eat more protein and start a weight-lifting routine and you should pack on the pounds.[/QUOTE]

lol i kickbox lmao i can gain and loose 15-20 in two days . ill post a before and current pic

this is from 4 years ago i was 230
l_5470fa7a139bba2204ac068860d17f69.jpg

me testing madden in 2010 at ea orlando

madden09.jpg

HPIM1567.jpg

HPIM1561.jpg

notice my belly
HPIM1566.jpg

my fat face
VOTEFORN3XTLVL-1.jpg

me last year when i started to train again this time last year
IMG00493-20110503-1305.jpg

me now 6'3 192 will weigh 185 when i have my fight late march
386192_300386953346459_100001254710133_885139_519608091_n.jpg

tattooo.jpg

TODAY
tn-1.jpg

I plan on working on my chest and lower waist these next 6 weeks of training . mind you its been many years to get back in this shape .

i work out 3 times a week (kids) run atleast 5-8 miles every morning even in snow. i smoke weed believe it or not it raises your systems to fight fat faster since thc is stored in fat cells it attacks those first weird but true atleast for me . i also will swear by 5 hour energy extra strength even on the bottle it says diet supliment . and then dont eat after 7pm , its a must you have three meals a day if you have to skip, skip dinner . i also sleep in two sweat suits it takes time to get used to but again i do this to get in shape for my fights . anyhow this is what i do . it might not work , i also have a couple other things i eat but those are only if you can get through this .

Saw this thread. I guess I should finally post my weight loss story somewhere so here it goes. I lost 30lbs in this past year, most weight loss was around ~35lbs (hovered there quite a bit). This time last year I was 180lbs. I am now 150lbs. I'm 22 years old and 5'7". My lowest before my weight loss was 170lbs in high school, and that was my goal: to lose 10lbs. What triggered me to lose weight was: meeting a girl (easy motivation that drove me, even though I never pursued/it was only a simple friendship) and realizing I may be at risk for hypertension (measured my BP a year ago and it was around 140/90. It also runs in my family. Probably wasn't serious at the time but I still wanted to do something about it).

Exercise
Before my weight loss, the most physical activity I would get was playing basketball once or twice a month. I like sports and I used to play basketball a lot more. I used to run but never did I do it regularly. I didn't look huge by any means, I was just a little chubby. I bought running shoes (pretty big motivator) and began to run regularly around the block (15min sessions, about 1.5 miles) every other day including weekends. That later expanded to 30min sessions, about 3 miles. I did this for about six months and when summer hit I alternated running with pick-up basketball at the park. Also during summer I started hiking, biking, and other physical activities on certain days. Then I took a small vacation to Michigan to visit family. My cousin and uncle both did P90x and Insanity and invited me to workout with them. Since they were done with both programs they would just do random workout videos from those series. I did this during my vacation and when I went back home I included it into my workout as a substitution for running/basketball. I stopped doing the P90x/Insanity videos and stuck with more basketball, almost every weekday. That ended mid-Nov when I sprained my ankle. I started Starting Strength mid-Dec and since then gained 5lbs.

Diet
The only bad thing about my previous diet was that my portions were too big and I didn't eat a lot of veggies. Technically, I probably didn't take a good approach to my diet. I, more or less, eyeballed it. Rice was a big part of my diet and I was used to cutting it out during Lent so I did that and substituted it with whole wheat bread/sandwiches (with turkey/ham/or tuna + spinach, no condiments-- pretty bland). My snacks were now restricted to granola bars, yogurt, or fruit/bananas. And for dinner I'd just have whatever was on the table (usually a Filipino dish or chicken) and eat it with whole wheat bread. My veggy of choice is spinach and I'd put it in my sandwich or just eat it along with whatever, just making sure I had some veggies for the day. My previous diet I rarely ate fast food or drink soda so there was nothing to fix there. Just drank lots of water and sometimes diet soda. I would drink alcohol occasionally as well as have cheat meals, but I'd try to double my exercise the week of cause I felt guilty. I started being more lenient probably after six months. Now that I'm doing SS, I'm trying to eat a lot more so my diet has changed a lot but again, I'm pretty much eyeballing everything. I bet if I actually tracked what I ate and such, I'd see some very different progress and results, but I'm happy where I am. Trying to adjust from losing weight to gaining weight, personally, has been weird for me. I feel like I can eat anything and not gain a pound, which is definitely annoying when you are trying to gain weight.

Body
I guess for most guys looking to lose weight, you're more concerned about looking slim and having a six-pack and defined muscles. I ended up only looking slim, which I expected because I didn't do a lot of weight lifting. My tight shirts aren't as tight anymore nor are they as revealing (my tight shirts would stick to some fat areas) and my regular-sized shirts look big on me. My waist size went down a few from 34 to at least a 32 (actually haven't bought a lot of new clothes so I'm not sure how much it went down). Maybe after two months, a lot of people started to notice the weight loss only around my face. Then after that people said I look a lot skinnier than usual. Very encouraging. I could see slight indentations (is that the right word? Iunno) of my ribs and if I sucked in my gut a little, indentations of where my six pack/"V" is supposed to be. So I know if I continued exercising and dieting more, I could get there. I know SS doesn't emphasize how you look cosmetically but since I started SS, my shoulders are more defined/bigger.

I plan on doing SS for either 3 months or 6 months, depending on the improvement I see (or lack thereof). Then back to other activities and basketball. =D Hope this story motivates people.

If you lose 15 - 20 pounds in two days, it's only water weight and/or excess waste stored in your intestines.

And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to gain 15 - 20 pounds in two days. Muscle definitely impossible. Fat, probably impossible to eat enough and for your body to store it as fat that quickly.

[quote name='blindinglights']If you lose 15 - 20 pounds in two days, it's only water weight and/or excess waste stored in your intestines.

And I'm pretty sure it's impossible to gain 15 - 20 pounds in two days. Muscle definitely impossible. Fat, probably impossible to eat enough and for your body to store it as fat that quickly.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty much what "cutting" is and common in sports that require you to meet a certain weight and body-building. You're basically starving yourself and sweating out as much water as you can until you hit the weigh-in and then rehydrate/eat as much as you can to make up for it. 15-20 pound cuts aren't unheard of, but that's a shitload of weight to cut.

I'm not sure if he's talking about regular cotton sweat suits or the sauna sweat suits, but sauna suits are BRUTAL.

Oh, and thanks for the story shinryuu! I could NEVER give up rice...lolz.

Well when he said the THC in the fat cells was helping attack those first, I thought he actually thought he was losing real body mass.

[quote name='blindinglights']Well when he said the THC in the fat cells was helping attack those first, I thought he actually thought he was losing real body mass.[/QUOTE]
Haha...yeah, I ignored that part because even at a 2000 calorie per day requirement, that's only a couple pounds of body weight lost at the most if you work out.

Im just goin with what worked for me. Like i said before it works for me at 33 doesnt make sense but it is

[quote name='dohdough']Oh, and thanks for the story shinryuu! I could NEVER give up rice...lolz.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's hard to eat some dishes without rice. Then when you do eat a dish without rice, you realize how much salt content there is and why rice is there to neutralize the saltiness. Sometimes I used brown rice instead. Now, I can eat rice but not have the feeling that I need rice with every meal. =p

[quote name='N3XTLVL']
HPIM1567.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Holy shit dude.... you look exactly like Joran Van Der Sloot.

Ok.... I need some opinions... I'm not a huge guy, I currently weight 200 lbs, I have a decent amount of muscle on me, but I gain weight mainly in my midsection, so I'd like to get down to 188-185. I was 179 once and I looked like a sick person.

Anyways, has anyone here that is currently using Lose It, used Weight Watchers in the past? My wife got me on Weight Watchers when at one point I hit a weight high for me, around 213, and I liked it a lot. The problem is, they recently radically changed their program, and while the plan used to basically let you eat whatever you want, but obviously limit it, the new plan really kills your ability to do so anymore. Alcohol is a sin on the new plan, and I drink wine.

For some reason I think Lose It might be a better option right now, plus it's free and I currently pay $15 a month for WW online.

Anyone who has any opinions on the two please feel free to discuss. thanks.

Some of my co-workers use weight watchers and it's just a super simplified version of calorie counting where everything is worth points. I suppose keeping track of a lower number is easier, but if you have a smart phone and Lose It, it's really not that much more difficult to do the same thing yourself with better accuracy as to what you're actually eating and zero fees.

Ill join. 5'11 I was 211 back in October 2011. Now i'm 193. Trying to get down to 180.

Ive been going to the gym 3-4 times a week and drinking mostly water. My diet isn't the best but im eating better than I was.

Got the app!

[quote name='DestroVega']Ok.... I need some opinions... I'm not a huge guy, I currently weight 200 lbs, I have a decent amount of muscle on me, but I gain weight mainly in my midsection, so I'd like to get down to 188-185. I was 179 once and I looked like a sick person.

Anyways, has anyone here that is currently using Lose It, used Weight Watchers in the past? My wife got me on Weight Watchers when at one point I hit a weight high for me, around 213, and I liked it a lot. The problem is, they recently radically changed their program, and while the plan used to basically let you eat whatever you want, but obviously limit it, the new plan really kills your ability to do so anymore. Alcohol is a sin on the new plan, and I drink wine.

For some reason I think Lose It might be a better option right now, plus it's free and I currently pay $15 a month for WW online.

Anyone who has any opinions on the two please feel free to discuss. thanks.[/QUOTE]
Define "sick-looking."

If you have a donut and moobs, it's more of an age thing with hormones and those are the hardest things to lose, especially if you're not going to be eating right or doing the right types of exercises.

Like blindinglights said, weight watchers is super simple calorie counting, but calorie counting isn't going to make you look fit like you seem to want. Also, Lose It is free, so there's really no need to pay for a similar service.

[quote name='dohdough']Define "sick-looking."

If you have a donut and moobs, it's more of an age thing with hormones and those are the hardest things to lose, especially if you're not going to be eating right or doing the right types of exercises.

Like blindinglights said, weight watchers is super simple calorie counting, but calorie counting isn't going to make you look fit like you seem to want. Also, Lose It is free, so there's really no need to pay for a similar service.[/QUOTE]

Well, numerous people asked me if I was sick. My wife saw a picture of me from then and said I looked Ill. I just looked very very thin.

It's not so much as an age thing. More hereditary. My whole family just tends to gain weight in the waist.

Weight Watchers used to be calorie counting. Now it isn't. Which is why I wanted to ask people's opinions.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, and play hockey. But only watching what I eat gets results in my waistline.

[quote name='blindinglights']The Body Fortress stuff they sell at Walmart isn't that bad if you're on a budget. I think it's $13 a tub. So it comes out to about $1.09 per 2-scoop serving (270 calories, 52g protein, 4g fat, 15g carbs). I also think there's some creatine in it, but not sure if it's enough to amount to anything. Vanilla tastes alright, chocolate is pretty good, the other ones taste like shit. Always use a blender or mixer, otherwise it clumps pretty bad, but I've noticed that happens with most powders.[/QUOTE]

That stuff is okay if you're on a tight budget. I think Javery's a lawyer. So perhaps he should opt for better supplements. Price does matter and good supplements will cost more. That's why athletes who transition from good to great spend a lot more money on supplements and their diets.

Optimum Nutrition puts out the best powders, in my opinion. I think Cytosport puts out the best tasting, mid-level powder in their Monster Milk product. MuscleTech's Hardcore Pro line is another premium-tier product. As well as MusclePharm.

You seem like a smart dude. :) Just want to say that protein powder is one part of the puzzle.

For a simple, good stack, I'd go with whey protein, creatine, joint support, and fish-or-flax-seed oil.

Forgot to mention that Animal Pak is a good multi, by the way. I take that over stuff like One-A-Day multivitamins—which doesn't do much of anything.

Anyone dealing with the side effects of loose skin? Is there any way to tighten the area up besides filling it with muscle or does it tighten up over time? I notice a little bit around the stomach area and I doubt a six pack would be enough to fill that area up.

Outside of filling it up with muscle, no, only surgery can truly "cure" loose skin.

However, I'm sure you much rather have loose skin around then fat.

[quote name='Chase']That stuff is okay if you're on a tight budget. I think Javery's a lawyer. So perhaps he should opt for better supplements. Price does matter and good supplements will cost more. That's why athletes who transition from good to great spend a lot more money on supplements and their diets.

Optimum Nutrition puts out the best powders, in my opinion. I think Cytosport puts out the best tasting, mid-level powder in their Monster Milk product. MuscleTech's Hardcore Pro line is another premium-tier product. As well as MusclePharm.

You seem like a smart dude. :) Just want to say that protein powder is one part of the puzzle.

For a simple, good stack, I'd go with whey protein, creatine, joint support, and fish-or-flax-seed oil.

Forgot to mention that Animal Pak is a good multi, by the way. I take that over stuff like One-A-Day multivitamins—which doesn't do much of anything.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a tub of the cheap stuff from Walmart today ($15)... I figured I'd try it out and see how my body responds. If I like it I can add more or buy higher quality supplements next month. All I want is some more ab definition... I don't really care about strength and I certainly don't want any bulk. I'm going for lean but not disgusting with my shirt off - that's a good look, right? :D

[quote name='Kendro']Anyone dealing with the side effects of loose skin? Is there any way to tighten the area up besides filling it with muscle or does it tighten up over time? I notice a little bit around the stomach area and I doubt a six pack would be enough to fill that area up.[/QUOTE]

Drink lots of water to make sure you're properly hydrated. It helps the skin keep its elasticity which will promote it slowly shrinking back into place.

Other than that, whether or not you have loose skin will really just depend on how young you are and how badly the skin was stretched in the first place.

I sometimes get nausea and light-headedness when weight lifting, anyone know of what causes this? I've had it for as long as I can remember. I feel it becomes less of a problem the more I get back into the regular routine of things, but it's always been an occasional issue of mine. I eat before and after, get up for water, breath plenty during reps, etc...

Nothing huge, but sometimes I do feel I have to end early because of it.

bread's done
Back