CAG Lose It weight loss challenge.

I may have to try that next. Insanity is... um, insane. I can't imagine month 2 where you are supposed to do 2 of the workouts in a row on some days. That said, it is definitely working. In 2 weeks (and not sticking to the schedule because I can only work out 4 days a week instead of 6) I have noticed a definite improvement pretty much everywhere. My abs are slowly starting to show and my arms/shoulders/chest look leaner. I think it's great but I'll admit I'm already dreading tomorrow morning.

It sucks... but you feel awesome when it is over. I can't even keep up though. I mean I estimate I'm only doing about 80% of what is shown in the video. Maybe less. I can't do the suicides nearly as fast - same thing with the high jumps. Other things I can easily keep up with though so I'm sure it will just be a matter of repetition.

Yeah...circuit training can really fuck you up good, but you get good results. I saw the fit test and I knew right away that it wan't for me. Kudos for sticking with it though!

[quote name='Rig']Ordered some Animal Pak. First time. I'll post how I feel when it gets here.[/QUOTE]

Good, good. I think it's the best multi-type-product out there. :)

And good luck with the American Ninja Warrior audition. Sounds neat!

Sorta tentative, but here's what 190 pounds looked like before I sat on the sideline for 2 months (and before I shaved my head bald). I'm a bit leaner at around 184 pounds, and my body fat is lower at 9-percent body fat.

I think Friday rounds out a good two weeks without supplements (aside from Animal Pak as my multi). I think perhaps Urijah Faber's "I don't take supplements" statement could possibly be less impossible than I initially thought. With the amount of cardio I do, there's no good, efficient way I go back up to 190 without supplements in the next four months. Five to seven pounds of muscle never felt so difficult to attain. Hahaha...

Digging the routine, Allnatural. :) I may have missed it, but I'd add lunges. Some people use an Olympic bar, but I rock the dumbbells for that exercise. I think it requires more control. Squats, I use the Olympic bar, tho. I've clashed knee to dumbbell one too many times to use dumbbells during squats.

fucking hell. Another week of Insanity down and I STILL haven't lost that goddamn pound. I'm stuck on 181 - I thought for sure I'd see the scale say 179.X this morning because I'm feeling VERY lean - my waist is noticeably smaller than it was 4 weeks ago (according to every belt I own) but the scale hasn't moved. My clothes are all just hanging off of me too. I guess shifting weight around is cool and all but for some reason I have that magical 180 lb. threshold in my head as something I've been striving towards for almost a year now (I started my "diet" on February 28 of 2011).

[quote name='Javery']fucking hell. Another week of Insanity down and I STILL haven't lost that goddamn pound. I'm stuck on 181 - I thought for sure I'd see the scale say 179.X this morning because I'm feeling VERY lean - my waist is noticeably smaller than it was 4 weeks ago (according to every belt I own) but the scale hasn't moved. My clothes are all just hanging off of me too. I guess shifting weight around is cool and all but for some reason I have that magical 180 lb. threshold in my head as something I've been striving towards for almost a year now (I started my "diet" on February 28 of 2011).[/QUOTE]

Keep at it, you'll get there. Losing inches is great too! Last time I did this when I wanted to break the weight goal, I did insane amounts of Cardio to get there. Im talking about sustained heart rates into the 190's for extended periods of time. It was the only way for me to break up the visceral fat.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-truth-about-belly-fat

[quote name='Page 3']
How Can I Control Visceral Fat?

There are four keys: exercise, diet, sleep, and stress management.

Exercise: Forget spot-reducing. There aren't any moves that specifically target visceral fat. As you lose weight, you lose all types of fat.
But vigorous aerobic exercise has been shown to trim subcutaneous and visceral fat, even fat stores in the liver linked to fatty liver disease. It's also proven to slow the build-up of visceral fat over the years.

[/quote]

It might be hiding in places you don't suspect.

Thanks for the link. I'm doing about all the cardio I can handle (insanity workout followed by stomach exercises followed by 35 minutes on the elliptical). I am a mess after my workout and I'm actually thinking about toning it down a little because I'm just too tired during the rest of the day to think properly... I don't know.

Javery, I wouldn't worry about the weight as long as you're looking and feeling much better. I probably couldn't go back to under 130 from my early 20's(I'm 5'6) without losing a lot of muscle and would probably be better off at 140-145(160 now).

Chase, your arms and shoulders look great. I need to build up my delts like that...haha.

[quote name='Chase']
Digging the routine, Allnatural. :) I may have missed it, but I'd add lunges. Some people use an Olympic bar, but I rock the dumbbells for that exercise. I think it requires more control. Squats, I use the Olympic bar, tho. I've clashed knee to dumbbell one too many times to use dumbbells during squats.[/QUOTE]
Split squats. Basically a stationary lunge. I do those because I don't have a barbell for regular squats (and yes, dumbbells smashing against knees is unpleasant).

When I started the 5x5, it had me doing 65lb squats.

Today, I did 5x5 squats at 135lbs. Felt good and didn't have any issues with them.

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0
Starting Weight (1/1): 250.6 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 226.8 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 222.0 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -4.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -28.6 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 22.0 lbs to go

Had a great week, almost shedding 5 lbs! Super Bowl Sunday was tough, but I was able to get through it while keeping within my points for the day (i.e. I did not cheat!). Was especially hard because my son wanted some friends over, so the pizza and wings were flowing.

The exercise routine seems to be working too...I may increase it by 5 mins, just to keep up the momentum. Also I hit a point where I have to drop my food points total by 2, which is no big deal. I try to leave points on the table anyway.

Here's hoping for another good week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome work! Super Bowl Sunday was tough - good thing I was too nervous to eat! I did end up having a few pigs in a blanket and a couple of stuffed mushrooms but that was about it.

My stomach muscles are really starting to show since I've been doing the insanity workout. There is definitely an outline around the entire area (under the ribs and the line down my sides) and I also am starting to see the 'v' between the bottom of my stomach and top of my thighs... if that makes any sense. I definitely don't have individual abs yet but maybe after a couple of months they will start to show. I'm definitely encouraged.

Holy crap. The "Pure Cardio" workout was so tough. I need a nap and I could have eaten a second breakfast this morning.

Reading through the last two pages.

Thanks, dohdough!

And splits squats, aye? Interesting, Allnatural. I actually had to look up the difference between a split squat and a lunge. (It's movement, apparently.)

While on Livestrong, I saw this article in the side called "Best Stretches For Legs." Hope that helps, Sean.

I just do what I call "stretches." ;) I sit on my butt, spread 'em, grab my foot and bend my toes, and flip it. Another one, I bend over, wrists to ground, forehead to knees. And, I think the only other one I do every day is arm across chest, bend arm, use other arm to pull the elbow to my chest. Ah, and I windmill my arms to loosen up my shoulders. Technical, I know.

Good work, everyone! Keep up the progress.

Jeez. It's the 7th week in a row I'm at 181. 181.0, actually. I know I'm shifting weight around but I really want to get under 180 for some reason and I can't seem to do it. The insanity workouts are becoming harder and harder for me - I think there is a cumulative effect of being out of energy/tired after a while. I will keep at it though because I like the results so far. I even noticed my wife taking a peek as I was getting ready this morning which was nice!

Put on weight the past year or so, just hadn't been lifting much. Started lifting/some cardio/eating a tad better lately and slowly have been losing weight. I'm 6 foot, went from 200 to 221 pounds in about a year and a half of just being lazy. Started the "healthier" lifestyle about 3 weeks ago, went from 221 to 212, goal weight would probably be right around 195 pounds. Mostly just walk my dog a couple miles for cardio, and do freeweights/bench for upper body, squats/lunges/etc for lower body. Just felt like I should post in here.

Troy, you'll be amazed how much weight you'll lose by simply eating healthy. :)

Nice work, Javery. I wouldn't be overly-concerned with the two pounds. Muscle mass weighs more than fat. And you seem to be working hard and have probably put on some lean muscle. I pretty much only keep track of my body fat percentage, to be honest. And having to put extra effort into your workouts is a good think. It's always good to feel the burn. ;)

In my world, I'm giving serious consideration to quitting my day job so I can actually train. Here's a schedule of one of the gyms located in my city. Like with every other gym, everything pretty much closes by 7 p.m. By the time I get home and take care of cleaning/my dog/etc., it's 7-8 p.m. And like other gyms, they either don't open on weekends or have an incredibly limited schedule.

However, this would transition my workouts from "hobby" to "serious business." This would also give me no time to continue school for my new degree. I dunno yet. I'm giving myself some months to decide.

Keep up the good work, everyone. :)

Tuesday Weigh-In

Height: 6'0
Starting Weight (1/1): 250.6 lbs
Last week's Weigh-in: 222.0 lbs
This week's Weigh-in: 217.8 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost this week: -4.2 lbs
Pounds Gained/Lost total: -32.8 lbs
Goal weight (200 lbs): 17.8 lbs to go

Another week down, another week closer to the goal. I was aiming for 5 lbs to lose this week, and I missed it. I know EXACTLY what t was. It was the 5 Chicken Nuggets I ate on Sunday that my kids wanted me to make for them. :D I had to test them and make sure they were fully cooked, right? So delicious though. Anyway, I'll try again this week

I turned up the cardio to 40 minutes this week, and I broke 4.05 miles doing intervals on the treadmill yesterday. Was happy about < 10 minute miles. Since Friday is my weekly 5K run, I'll be happy to get done in less than 30 minutes.

One concern I have is that although the scale is telling me I'm dropping weight, I don't see it. My clothes still don't seem to be getting lose, especially in the waist area. Then again, they arent snug either. I probably need to do more crunches, so I will probably add a 2nd day of those.

It's been a pretty quiet week in here, how is everyone else making out?

[quote name='Number83']One concern I have is that although the scale is telling me I'm dropping weight, I don't see it. My clothes still don't seem to be getting lose, especially in the waist area. Then again, they arent snug either. I probably need to do more crunches, so I will probably add a 2nd day of those.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, you can't target the areas where you want to lose fat. You would be better off just sticking with cardio over crunches. You could be losing fat from your arms, legs, back, or other places that aren't really making your clothes feel less tight. When I first started at 273 lbs., I think I lost a good thirty pounds before I felt like I could really tell a difference with my clothes.

Troy, you'll be amazed how much weight you'll lose by simply eating healthy.
For sure. I used to work out a ton and ate just about anything without worrying about putting on weight. Went through a period of complacency in regards to working out and it came back and bit me in the a$$.

[quote name='perdition(troy']For sure. I used to work out a ton and ate just about anything without worrying about putting on weight. Went through a period of complacency in regards to working out and it came back and bit me in the a$$.[/QUOTE]

Most people can probably say this or some version close to this. Basically through my 20s I was able to eat as much as I wanted whenever I wanted and not worry about weight as long as I was half-assing some sort of routine like jogging a few times a week. Now, if I'm not diligent I can gain weight so easily - I guarantee you I could put on 10 lbs. in 2 weeks just by simply not working out and eating whatever I can get my hands on for food (but not going out of my way to gorge or anything). Getting old sucks.

I've been having some pretty decent workouts lately. I finally bit the bullet and joined a gym even though I have to drive a ways to get there. I've been lifting weights for 45 minutes circuit style, then 20 minute run at 7 to 8 min/mile pace on the treadmill, break for small meal, and then between 40 minutes to an hour of swimming laps. Some days I also do around 20 minutes of calisthenics and core exercises at the house and a 20 minute run at a slower 9 to 10 minute pace.

I can't seem to shake the last bit of fat in my midsection. My arms, legs, back, shoulders are all showing definition. My top pair of abs are visible, my waist seems to be as slim as it can get, and from a side profile my stomach is completely flat. Yet between the top abs and my waist still looks soft.

I'm counting calories and I stay under budget (WAY under if you account for the exercise) despite a piece of pie or cake here and there :D.

I'm thinking about trying some sort of creatine supplement. Anyone know anything about it? Advantages or disadvantages? Does it really help build muscle noticeably faster? Are there any decent creatine supplements that wont cost me an arm and a leg?

[quote name='blindinglights']I've been having some pretty decent workouts lately. I finally bit the bullet and joined a gym even though I have to drive a ways to get there. I've been lifting weights for 45 minutes circuit style, then 20 minute run at 7 to 8 min/mile pace on the treadmill, break for small meal, and then between 40 minutes to an hour of swimming laps. Some days I also do around 20 minutes of calisthenics and core exercises at the house and a 20 minute run at a slower 9 to 10 minute pace.

I can't seem to shake the last bit of fat in my midsection. My arms, legs, back, shoulders are all showing definition. My top pair of abs are visible, my waist seems to be as slim as it can get, and from a side profile my stomach is completely flat. Yet between the top abs and my waist still looks soft.

I'm counting calories and I stay under budget (WAY under if you account for the exercise) despite a piece of pie or cake here and there :D.

I'm thinking about trying some sort of creatine supplement. Anyone know anything about it? Advantages or disadvantages? Does it really help build muscle noticeably faster? Are there any decent creatine supplements that wont cost me an arm and a leg?[/QUOTE]
I can't give you any advice on the supplements, but moobs and the spare tire are always the last things to go. You just gotta keep working at it and it'll eventually go away...it'll just take a while.:lol:

Or you could go on a competition/leading man-style diet and eat cleaner than you've ever eaten before for a few months. Ryan Gosling didn't get that way by half-assing it, it's his fulltime job.;)

[quote name='blindinglights']I've been having some pretty decent workouts lately. I finally bit the bullet and joined a gym even though I have to drive a ways to get there. I've been lifting weights for 45 minutes circuit style, then 20 minute run at 7 to 8 min/mile pace on the treadmill, break for small meal, and then between 40 minutes to an hour of swimming laps. Some days I also do around 20 minutes of calisthenics and core exercises at the house and a 20 minute run at a slower 9 to 10 minute pace.[/quote]

Damn - that's a lot of exercise per day! I thought I was bad doing about an hour and a half!

[quote name='blindinglights'] I can't seem to shake the last bit of fat in my midsection. My arms, legs, back, shoulders are all showing definition. My top pair of abs are visible, my waist seems to be as slim as it can get, and from a side profile my stomach is completely flat. Yet between the top abs and my waist still looks soft.[/quote]

I am exactly the same way. I have definition everywhere except my lower abs. I can't really get any thinner in the waist so now it is a matter of getting rid of that last bit of fat in that area. I don't understand how The Situation can go out drinking 5 nights a week, eat pasta like a mad man and still have that 6 pack. It defies the laws of nature.

Maybe I really need to consider taking a supplement or something? I have been drinking one protein shake a day between lunch and dinner which I think is OK but maybe I should seriously consider something in addition to that. I don't like the effects of creatine though - it makes me feel and look bloated (even though I'm like the Hulk all of a sudden). I want something that will keep me lean.

Chase - you must be totally jacked if you are thinking about quitting your day job to train. If I were you I'd get that degree first though.

A lot of people don't realize if you are taking in a ton of protein the excess is stored as body fat. Most people get more than enough protein out of their daily meals.

[quote name='blindinglights']I've been having some pretty decent workouts lately. I finally bit the bullet and joined a gym even though I have to drive a ways to get there. I've been lifting weights for 45 minutes circuit style, then 20 minute run at 7 to 8 min/mile pace on the treadmill, break for small meal, and then between 40 minutes to an hour of swimming laps. Some days I also do around 20 minutes of calisthenics and core exercises at the house and a 20 minute run at a slower 9 to 10 minute pace.

I'm thinking about trying some sort of creatine supplement. Anyone know anything about it? Advantages or disadvantages? Does it really help build muscle noticeably faster? Are there any decent creatine supplements that wont cost me an arm and a leg?[/QUOTE]

In my opinion you're doing way too much. If you can do that much cardio after lifting you're not pushing yourself.

[quote name='perdition(troy']A lot of people don't realize if you are taking in a ton of protein the excess is stored as body fat. Most people get more than enough protein out of their daily meals.[/QUOTE]

Any scientific journal articles on this?

I take in 190-200g a day but I weigh 180 and lift heavy.

[quote name='perdition(troy']A lot of people don't realize if you are taking in a ton of protein the excess is stored as body fat. Most people get more than enough protein out of their daily meals.[/QUOTE]

I thought protein helped with muscle growth. I don't think even with the protein shake that I'm getting too much though - I eat egg whites for breakfast with some lean ham (lots of protein) and a ham sandwich with lettuce and tomato (some protein) and then whatever is in the house for dinner (varying amounts of protein). I don't think I'm eating too much though. Of course, this is all random speculation and guesswork on my part.

I can understand if the excess protein leads to excess calorie intake but I usually hover around 1800.

For example today

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 egg white

Lunch: 6oz of chicken, 1 cup of celery, 2 hardboiled eggs.

Dinner: 2 turkey burgers (no bun) and 1.5 cups of green beans.

Snacks: 1 scoop of whey, 2 string cheeses, 2 cups of broccoli with 2 tbsp of ranch.

[quote name='seanr1221']In my opinion you're doing way too much. If you can do that much cardio after lifting you're not pushing yourself.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just relative, but it doesn't seem like that much cardio to me. I can hover around 8 to 9 min pace and run for 2+ hours, so 20 minutes after weights doesn't seem like a lot.

As far as not pushing myself, I don't hold anything back lifting just because I know I'm going to run and swim. Although I usually wish I had when I feel like puking 5 minutes into the run. The swimming isn't as big of a deal because I take a good 30 to 40 minute break to eat and rest.

I have to drive a long way to the gym so I don't have the luxury of going more than 4 or 5 days a week, plus I definitely can't go twice a day. So I have to get everything I want to work on done there. I run at home too, but I can definitely get a better one in at the gym as opposed to outside when it's 30°.

Right now my main focus is working on my motor so I can just go go go. The only reason I asked about the creatine is because I'm trying to get my dead hang pullups from 2-4 a set up to 15-20 and I need to increase my upper body strength so it's not such a struggle to pull all 192 pounds of me up to the bar that many times.

This is what my weight room time generally looks like. It's not set in stone though, sometimes I try various other exercises I find on ExRx because I get bored doing the same stuff all the time. I rotate the order of exercises and shoot for the 5x5 on most things but I try to use enough weight so that I hit a failure during the final set.

Day 1
Bench 5x5
Dumbbell Bench 5x5
Incline Flys 5x5

Day 2 - Break
Hanging Leg-Hip Raise 4x25
10lb. Medicine Ball Sit-up throw 5x20

Day 3
Leg Press 5x5 (
they don't have a real power rack, so I don't like doing squats there and it's too cold outside to do squats at home on my rack :whistle2:(
)
Lever Leg Extensions 5x5
Lever Bent-over leg curl 3x10 each leg
Weighted Back Extensions 3x10
Weighted Calf Raises 5x5

Day 4
Dead lift 5x5 (
I've tried doing deadlift on the same day as my other leg exercises, but I tend to just do it on a day by itself
)
Hanging Leg-Hip Raise 4x25
10lb. Medicine Ball Sit-up throw 5x20

Day 5
Cable Pull-downs 5x5
Incline Tricep Extensions 5x5
Preacher Curls 5x5
Bent-over row 5x5
Dumbbell Press 5x5
Dips 3x15

Is that the order you do them? If yes, you really should do your compound work first. Also, a lot of your compound stuff can be done on the same day, eliminating going to the gym so much. Remember, you make gains during rest, which you're not getting.

Also, 5x5 on deadlifts? Try doing two warm ups and one set of 5. If you can handle 5x5 you're not pushing it.

[quote name='Javery']I don't understand how The Situation can go out drinking 5 nights a week, eat pasta like a mad man and still have that 6 pack. It defies the laws of nature.[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing that he has some help from some federally restricted pharmaceuticals. It's an ancient guido secret.;)

That's a good point. :) This should be a bulletin point somewhere. Excess calories—including protein—can be stored as fat. For most people, intake should fit workouts.

Nice schedule, Blindinglights. Very diverse and thoughtful.

And I never thought I'd discuss the Situation, but, as Sean said, the show is probably scripted. I've never watched. Solely basing my opinion on the parodies I've seen. ;)

My tennis elbow is flaring up. Mostly due to my own stupidity. I've been off supplements for a few weeks and forgot to continue Animal Flex (joint support) with Animal Pak (multi). I remembered when it became irritating to open my hand. My doctor recommended a towel exercise. Twisting a towel (or something) to strengthen the tendon. (Muscle?)

Keep up the hard work, everyone. Inspiring stuff.

[quote name='Javery']I thought protein helped with muscle growth.[/quote]
It does...in conjunction with weight lifting.

[quote name='Javery']I don't think even with the protein shake that I'm getting too much though...[/QUOTE]
But you may be taking in more calories than you need.

Figured I'd give a picture update.

Here is me in the OP.

photo1hw.jpg

And here is me today

photokxt.jpg

Nicely done, Sean. Hard work pays.

I'm gonna dick around on CAG for a bit then hit a condensed workout before work. It has become a habit. If I don't, I feel like crap the entire day until I do.

[quote name='Chase']Nicely done, Sean. Hard work pays.

I'm gonna dick around on CAG for a bit then hit a condensed workout before work. It has become a habit. If I don't, I feel like crap the entire day until I do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. The interesting part is the majority of progress has been in the past 7 weeks when I started the strong lifts program.

My fiancé has been saying I look more muscular but I figured she was just being nice. I think it's most obvious in my shoulders and arms, which is funny because I've done like 4 arm isolation exercises since I started SL. I'll update with another picture at 12 weeks.

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks. The interesting part is the majority of progress has been in the past 7 weeks when I started the strong lifts program.

My fiancé has been saying I look more muscular but I figured she was just being nice. I think it's most obvious in my shoulders and arms, which is funny because I've done like 4 arm isolation exercises since I started SL. I'll update with another picture at 12 weeks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...there's definitely a difference in your arms and shoulders...as in it looks like you had no trapezius before.:lol:

Great progress!

Nice work Sean. You can definitely see a difference.

Today was my weekly weigh-in and I'm sitting pretty at 180.4 lbs. So so close to getting under 180. Also, I'm having a much easier time with the Insanity workouts now - I still think I'm going to puke after every workout but I'm definitely getting better at it.

Ah. Strong lifts program, aye? That is your answer for your results. Low reps with heavier weight will build more muscle. On the flip side, more reps will build muscle endurance.

Not exactly an exciting way to close out my Friday, but I'm rebuilding my routine from the ground up. Cycling out exercises to keep things fresh. Tagging back in the goblet squats.

Javery, what does your diet look like? If you consume excess salt your body will retain water. I did a cut down to 170, for fun (my walking weight is presently around 185), and it's interesting to see how much water your body retains if you don't carefully groom over what is consumed. And I'm sure you'll be down under 180 in no time. :)

Keep up the good work, everyone!

[quote name='Javery']Also, I'm having a much easier time with the Insanity workouts now - I still think I'm going to puke after every workout but I'm definitely getting better at it.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. After my first hit of Insanity, my legs said "Oh no you don't" and gave up. Can't remember the last time that had happened. I pushed onward...and downward. Post-workout, face down on the carpet for 20 minutes, wife wondering if I was OK. Sore for the next 4 days.

Totally worth it.

Started this whole thing at just shy of 200lbs and now sitting at 166.6 - my college weight.

Other crazy benefits of going on the 4-Hour Body - total cholesterol dropped from 251 to 171 in the past 8 months. LDLs (the bad kind) from 166 to 98.

Was basically in the high risk area. Now I'm in optimal range.

Same with BP - was borderline high, now it's 120/80. Vitamin D is perfect, too, at 41.

[quote name='Chase']Javery, what does your diet look like? If you consume excess salt your body will retain water. I did a cut down to 170, for fun (my walking weight is presently around 185), and it's interesting to see how much water your body retains if you don't carefully groom over what is consumed. And I'm sure you'll be down under 180 in no time. :)
[/QUOTE]

My diet is OK - it could probably be better but not without feeling like I'm depriving myself of something.

Breakfast: egg whites, 2 slices of lean ham, 1 serving of fruit
Snack: Fruit
Lunch: ham sandwich on roll with lettuce, tomato and honey mustard. Small bag of Baked Lays.
Snack: Fruit and a protein shake
Dinner: Whatever is in the house. I have a wife and 2 kids so I just eat whatever is there - one serving. My wife is health conscious though so it is usually chicken and a salad. Last night was ground turkey tacos. We order out occasionally though (pizza, sushi).

I drink a ton of water all day long - I pee almost clear.

The weekends are harder but I do OK - I do have a tough time getting from my second snack to dinner. I'm usually hungry when I get home and probably 3 times a week I eat a handful of pretzels to curb my appetite.

Any suggestions on how to improve this without feeling like a "diet"? I work a LOT with very unpredictable hours and this routine is hard enough for me to maintain...

[quote name='Kylearan']No kidding. After my first hit of Insanity, my legs said "Oh no you don't" and gave up. Can't remember the last time that had happened. I pushed onward...and downward. Post-workout, face down on the carpet for 20 minutes, wife wondering if I was OK. Sore for the next 4 days.

Totally worth it.

Started this whole thing at just shy of 200lbs and now sitting at 166.6 - my college weight.

Other crazy benefits of going on the 4-Hour Body - total cholesterol dropped from 251 to 171 in the past 8 months. LDLs (the bad kind) from 166 to 98.

Was basically in the high risk area. Now I'm in optimal range.

Same with BP - was borderline high, now it's 120/80. Vitamin D is perfect, too, at 41.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Keep it going! What is 4-Hour Body? Is that another Insanity-type exercise routine? I saw some crazy infomercial this morning where some chick was basically dancing to lose weight!

bread's done
Back