CAG Madden 09 League #2 - CLOSED

[quote name='shinryuu']I'm trying sort things out with my opponent. He won't get Madden till tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll get our game done =][/quote]

Yeah, that's me, haha. UPS will be bringing the game from Amazon sometime tomorrow (sometimes they don't show up at my place till like 7pm though), so I wanted to give myself at least 24 hours to get aclimated to the changes from 08. I'm not hard to reach...and I run an MLB 08 league over on the PS3 board, so I know what it takes to keep a league going. We'll get it done.

UPS and Fedex both stop at my house as late as possible too. It's extremely aggravating, having to wait all day for a package to arrive. I remember when I was waiting on my 360. It went out for delivery at 6AM, so I was pumped to get it early in the morning, but it wasn't delivered until 7PM. Same deal with my laptop. Longest days ever.

[quote name='Wanderlai']I lost to The Chop Suey. Chargers 10 Panthers 0[/quote]

it was a hard fought battle man, it was close i had fun its just some turnovers lead to scores.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']it was a hard fought battle man, it was close i had fun its just some turnovers lead to scores.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it was fun.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']o and i hope this league bans the wr snap glitch its so stupid you can counter it with the right calls but still dont be cheap.[/quote]
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to start cheesing/glitching.:roll:

[quote name='ivanctorres']I still haven't got a response from my week 1 opponent.[/quote]
I thought i send a message. I'm available, wednesday afternoon, friday morning/afternoon. Thursday and Saturday, depending on time.

So halo_pwner, are you the drmbaseball person thats on my friends list? I'm asking because I sent that PM asking you to add me and not to long after I got that FR....

[quote name='shinryuu']Way to stay optimistic, lol.

I'm trying sort things out with my opponent. He won't get Madden till tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll get our game done =][/quote]

Hey shinryuu, I received my collector's edition of Madden last night around 7 pm. I've played about 4-5 games and seem to have a decent handle on the changes from 08. Let me know when you want to play. I'm good any time this evening from 6pm est on. If not today, I might be busy tomorrow night, but Friday would be the same as today. Just let me know.

13 (1-0) Arizona Cardinals - kennistond / Dmackin01
00 (0-1) San Francisco 49ers - DestroVega / DestroVega

Boy do I suck... first 4 passes thrown for INTs... nice.

Well, back to the drawing board, nice game Dmackin

[quote name='DestroVega']13 (1-0) Arizona Cardinals - kennistond / Dmackin01
00 (0-1) San Francisco 49ers - DestroVega / DestroVega

Boy do I suck... first 4 passes thrown for INTs... nice.

Well, back to the drawing board, nice game Dmackin[/quote]

My offense and defense started good but I couldn't get anything going in the second half.

I think we might play again somewhere along the line so I'll look forward to a rematch.

Good game.

[quote name='kennistond']My offense and defense started good but I couldn't get anything going in the second half.

I think we might play again somewhere along the line so I'll look forward to a rematch.

Good game.[/quote]

yeah... you play everyone in the division twice... I play you in Arizona next time.

[quote name='neworlbush25']I cannot seem to contact my week 1 opponent, lostpirate.
He is not responding to xbox live messages[/quote]

Isn't it obvious?

He was sailing the seven seas and got lost.

We should all be out looking for him.:lol:

n8rockerasu - St. Louis Rams 22
shinryuu - Philadelphia Eagles 14

Ahhhhhhhh, I got iced. Could've won but I hit a potential game winning FG wide right. Crap.. this happened before when I was playing against my brother. I could not stop Steven Jackson for my life. A lot of PAs I ran were also wide openwjklea;ejs;lesa

good game though. Our first game got dc'd, stupid EA servers.

Rams (n8rocker82) - 22
Eagles (awwjayzin) - 14

Good game awwjayzin. The Eagles DB's are brutal! I thought you had me until I learned to spread the field a little more. That missed field goal was insane too. You played well though. Good luck to you this season!

Yeah, I read your passes pretty well during both games. Haha, that first game was kinda funny. So many injuries throughout that game. Dante Hall with the return TD in the first kickoff, then getting injured. lol Then McNabb is out for a few drives. Witherspoon got injured for two quarters. And I picked you off like 3 times.

But you controlled the ball very well on your last drive. And that run I did with McNabb was so scary.. haha

[quote name='shinryuu']Yeah, I read your passes pretty well during both games. Haha, that first game was kinda funny. So many injuries throughout that game. Dante Hall with the return TD in the first kickoff, then getting injured. lol Then McNabb is out for a few drives. Witherspoon got injured for two quarters. And I picked you off like 3 times.

But you controlled the ball very well on your last drive. And that run I did with McNabb was so scary.. haha[/quote]

Yeah, when you jumped out on me 14-0, I just had to tell myself there was plenty of time left and to not start chucking the ball downfield trying to catch up. I tried to just chip away.

And that's one thing I've noticed about the game so far this year. Injuries are a bit too frequent. Guys get hurt on just normal tackles. The INT's are frequent, but they were in last year's game too. Overall, I enjoy the game though.

Actually, I don't think INTs are as overwhelming as last year's Madden. Last year, it was the LBs that would make crazy INTs that they shouldn't have had. At least this time it's the DBs, but usually it's because I force a pass or make a bad one. On, I think, every INT you threw, it was because I was using the pass commit.

In 08, it was just whacky. It's like the defense had an extra boost of speed to get an INT. Feel natural this time around.

I haven't been able to meet up with my opponent yet. He has only been available once this week, and it was at 1:00 a.m. est. and even then I just missed him by a few minutes after getting home from work early.

Is there a plan to have a substitute play the game for an absent owner? I guess I should check the OP.

Yeah, I finally got all of my stuff hooked up for my xbox and internet for my new place.

I saw this when you first made it but with no internet at home I didnt even comment.

I would love to play in a CAG league...if someone bails I would love to replace them. Gamer tag Soodmeg.

I am alright at the game but not very good havent played made since 05 ish. But I was ranked 50th in the world in madden 05 which of course means nothing today.

I will be checking this thread all the time so if anything comes up hit me up please and thank you.

[quote name='stone1061']I haven't been able to meet up with my opponent yet. He has only been available once this week, and it was at 1:00 a.m. est. and even then I just missed him by a few minutes after getting home from work early.

Is there a plan to have a substitute play the game for an absent owner? I guess I should check the OP.[/quote]

Sorry but the times that my opponent is available completely conflict with my times. My opponent is only available in the day or very late at nite and I work during the day and sometimes late into the evening monday thru friday so I can never play during the day and It is hard for me to stay up past 1am to play Madden when I know I have work the next day. Plus I also went into the office on Saturday to get some things done.

I am sorry but it is hard for me to match up with your schedule. I feel like I have a pretty good rep when it comes to these things. I have played all my games on the CAGLB and was the first person to play my game in the original CAGFL organized by azumangaman.

can u extend the deadline 4 this week since the season hasnt started yet bc me n my opp havent been able to b online at the same time. Thx

[quote name='neworlbush25']lostpirate has still not yet responded. He needs to be kicked. And replaced by Soodmeg[/quote]

Fixed!

So, we're looking at what? 10 out of the 16 games got played? Barely better than half. I swear, online leagues are the most infuriating part of video gaming as a hobby. You get all these idiots shooting off their mouths about how they want to play, and then they can't even make it past week 1? And this is supposed to last 4-5 months???

And do you know what the really aggravating thing is? League #1 is going to have the same fucking problem. I know there's some crossover of people in both leagues, but I'm sure if we could somehow get rid of all the losers, we'd have enough committed (see: non-douchebag) gamers to field a successful 32 team league. But because fucktards have to fill spots and spread out real gamers through multiple leagues, we'll never know. Sorry for the rant. This just happens to me with every sports game since the dawn of online play.

its impossible to have a league that goes week to week. you need flex schedule so one night you can sit down and maybe knock out 3 or 4 games

Texans 13
Steelers 7

Game goes to OT and Texans get the ball first. Deep ball for a TD, game over.

The Steelers are going to have it rough this year. :cry:(that would be me)

FrankCastle and I have been trying to link up but our schedules haven't really clicked. We will still try to get the COLTS/BEARS game in asap.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So, we're looking at what? 10 out of the 16 games got played? Barely better than half. I swear, online leagues are the most infuriating part of video gaming as a hobby. You get all these idiots shooting off their mouths about how they want to play, and then they can't even make it past week 1? And this is supposed to last 4-5 months???

And do you know what the really aggravating thing is? League #1 is going to have the same fucking problem. I know there's some crossover of people in both leagues, but I'm sure if we could somehow get rid of all the losers, we'd have enough committed (see: non-douchebag) gamers to field a successful 32 team league. But because fucktards have to fill spots and spread out real gamers through multiple leagues, we'll never know. Sorry for the rant. This just happens to me with every sports game since the dawn of online play.[/quote]

Thats the downfall of online games. The first thing is that you should always keep a league very small at most 10-15 people. 30 plus people with 30 different schedules in 30 different location across the country is always going to be a disaster. Thats why flex schedules is a must as you can never finish an online league to quickly.

The key is to rotate people out who cant play their games very quickly, the longer you wait the more bogged down its going to be. Then people start quiting in masses because they dont feel like waiting anymore.

[quote name='stone1061']Texans 13
Steelers 7

Game goes to OT and Texans get the ball first. Deep ball for a TD, game over.

The Steelers are going to have it rough this year. :cry:(that would be me)[/quote]

Good game Stone...I really made lots of mistakes this game...I threw 3 ints. You didn't turn the ball over once...The crazy part was that the only 3 times I even threw remotely into coverage they were picked off. I thought two of the ints by Ike Taylor were BS. One of them went through the hands of Johnson and into his hands and on the other one he took an incredible break on the ball on a timing pattern that I executed.

I really blew the end of the game with the field goal. I was gonna call time out but I just lost track of time.

As for the last play of the game. I hot routed Andre Johnson to run a seam and he was my 3rd option on the play and when I saw he had daylight I threw it hoping somehow your guys wouldnt catch him.

Nice job with the heavy blitzing...I think I saw one time you blitzed 23 times in the game :applause:

Again, just throwing it out there. If someone drops I would like there spot asap.

I can be on pretty much whenever you need me to. (Being self employed fucking rocks) So there is no problem there.

My brain, it hurts! Okay, seriously, I saw this coming. There was no way everyone would participate. So right now, I need all of you who haven't been able to play because your opponent hasn't responded, to send me a PM. I'll kick the bad eggs starting Wednesday or so, and we'll go from there. There should be roughly 20 of us left, so I'm considering starting a league using EA's league feature. Kapeesh?

Hope im not stepping on any toes, but i've decided to go ahead and start a CAG Madden league. This is for anyone who wasnt able to get in the original, or maybe cant hook up with their scheduled opponent. I thought the idea of playing one game a week was great, but i just dont think it can work, it would be much easier to do flex scheduling on the in game league.

League name: CAG
Abbreviation: CAG
Password: Cheapy

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Hope im not stepping on any toes, but i've decided to go ahead and start a CAG Madden league. This is for anyone who wasnt able to get in the original, or maybe cant hook up with their scheduled opponent. I thought the idea of playing one game a week was great, but i just dont think it can work, it would be much easier to do flex scheduling on the in game league.

League name: CAG
Abbreviation: CAG
Password: Cheapy[/quote]

Ehhhh boy. I think we gotta calm this shit down guys. Unless we have some kind of vote, I'm sticking with Jagged_Toaster because I'm not going to jump ship at the first sign of rough water. If everybody starts their own league, and everybody joins each league, we're just going to have a huge mess. We need ONE person to be committed enough to keep up with the responsiblities of running a league.

This means: keeping the OP updated, posting schedules, standings, sending out weekly PMs to let people know when the deadline is to get their game played. I do all these things for my MLB league. I even like to send out 24 hour warnings before the deadline to remind people to play their game. A lot of it equates to babysitting, but even with all that my league still has unplayed games (we usually get 11 out of 12 played though..so to me that's pretty good). I just don't see any other way a league has a chance for success. We all have to agree on something..not just everybody do their own thing.

And the only thing I worry about with flex scheduling is at what point do you consider the season "dead"? I mean, say some people play their games right away, and are able to get all their games knocked out in 2 weeks? Do they just wait until the rest of the league is done before moving on to the playoffs? And how do you decide when games just aren't going to get played. When is the season "over"? I don't know...to me it seems flawed in design. A week to week system will work. You just need people who take it seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
The AFC South teams are the main culprits. And Jagged, please don't scrap this for an in-game league. The in-game leagues suck. I like this format so much better.

i asked soliddragon if he could play tonite but he hasnt been on all day so hopefully we can play our game tonite. Ravens vs Bengals n does this count as a pm

[quote name='Matt Young']The AFC South teams are the main culprits. And Jagged, please don't scrap this for an in-game league. The in-game leagues suck. I like this format so much better.[/quote]

This is what I'm saying. I also like this format better. It feels more like we're simulating the actual NFL season. As I said, a flex schedule is irrelevant when you can't get people to respond to PM's in the first place. League #1 is going to suffer from the same problem.

What we REALLY NEED is a CAG supported "rep" system (similar to the itrader rating) where we can file complaints about user behavior, and therefore get them blacklisted from our online leagues. Maybe give people a warning for their first offence, but if they fail to participate repeatedly, give them a big red A (for "asshat" naturally), so everybody knows they don't follow through.

Honestly, this is what Xbox Live's rep system should be, but they don't have the balls to enforce anything. If you're just going around screwing with people, you shouldn't get to play.

I guess we have to develop our won rep system...as least for the next league you will know who is dependable and who isn't basing it on the MLB the Show Leagues, NCAA leagues, and NHL leagues.

bread's done
Back