CAG Madden 09 League #2 - CLOSED

[quote name='gregbales']Yes I understand that now so can I get the dolphins in here?[/quote]

I've already updated the OP.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Who am I playing again?[/quote]

Check the OP. Everything is up to date.

Week 2: Rams 14 - Giants 7

This game sucks ass...I'm probably out of the league because I'll most likely be selling it soon. Sorry.

Maybe if we had some kind of prize there would be more effort to try and get games in. I know, I can't supply it, so I shouldn't be saying it. Just a thought though.

[quote name='Mattte']Week 2: Rams 14 - Giants 7

This game sucks ass...I'm probably out of the league because I'll most likely be selling it soon. Sorry.[/quote]

Wow, guess that answers my question. Yeah, the game was fine until the fourth quarter, then all of a sudden with 4:53 remaining, it just disconnected. HOWEVER, this time, I was not disconnected from Live and Mattte was. Don't know that that necessarily means anything. Just making an observation. I messaged Mattte offering to just play the final quarter, with the score starting at 14-7, but he wasn't interested.

I'd say at the very least, this game/server is very particular about what connections run smoothly on it. Why people just drop randomly I don't know. It could be EA...but it could be a user problem. Either way, the Giants will be looking for their third owner in 3 weeks.

This is disheartening because I don't hate this game in the least, and I can at least rationalize connection problems, but the experience is being ruined for me. I almost feel like online gaming is getting worse rather than better. At this rate, when my Live account comes up for renewal in December, I might seriously consider not renewing. It just doesn't feel like anybody is having a good time anymore.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, guess that answers my question. Yeah, the game was fine until the fourth quarter, then all of a sudden with 4:53 remaining, it just disconnected. HOWEVER, this time, I was not disconnected from Live and Mattte was. Don't know that that necessarily means anything. Just making an observation. I messaged Mattte offering to just play the final quarter, with the score starting at 14-7, but he wasn't interested.

I'd say at the very least, this game/server is very particular about what connections run smoothly on it. Why people just drop randomly I don't know. It could be EA...but it could be a user problem. Either way, the Giants will be looking for their third owner in 3 weeks.

This is disheartening because I don't hate this game in the least, and I can at least rationalize connection problems, but the experience is being ruined for me. I almost feel like online gaming is getting worse rather than better. At this rate, when my Live account comes up for renewal in December, I might seriously consider not renewing. It just doesn't feel like anybody is having a good time anymore.[/quote]

Nah, I didn't get disconnected I just got fed up and shut off my Xbox. I just end up getting frustrated every time I play this game. I could make a huge list, it seems like they just gave up half way through and said fuck it everyone will buy this game anyway.

Sorry for bailing, but I'd rather do it now instead of later.

[quote name='Mattte']Nah, I didn't get disconnected I just got fed up and shut off my Xbox. I just end up getting frustrated every time I play this game. I could make a huge list, it seems like they just gave up half way through and said fuck it everyone will buy this game anyway.

Sorry for bailing, but I'd rather do it now instead of later.[/quote]

Well, it's nice to know that the connection was fine and that you just give up easily. Did you feel that I didn't deserve to be winning? You had difficulty stopping the run, and once I figured out that you didn't handle the blitz well, I forced you to make some throws into coverage, that resulted in two interceptions.

You then adjusted and started blitzing me, which disrupted my game, and you also started running the ball more. I was fully planning on making more adjustments to try to hold you off. How is that not just a good football game?

I'm sorry if you find the running game boring, but it's not realistic to just chuck the ball downfield all game. If you try it, you'll throw interceptions. Of course this game isn't perfect, but I give EA credit for forcing you to run the football. But thanks for making me feel better about the game. You just basically quit because you were losing. Nice...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, it's nice to know that the connection was fine and that you just give up easily. Did you feel that I didn't deserve to be winning? You had difficulty stopping the run, and once I figured out that you didn't handle the blitz well, I forced you to make some throws into coverage, that resulted in two interceptions.

You then adjusted and started blitzing me, which disrupted my game, and you also started running the ball more. I was fully planning on making more adjustments to try to hold you off. How is that not just a good football game?

I'm sorry if you find the running game boring, but it's not realistic to just chuck the ball downfield all game. If you try it, you'll throw interceptions. Of course this game isn't perfect, but I give EA credit for forcing you to run the football. But thanks for making me feel better about the game. You just basically quit because you were losing. Nice...[/quote]

No, I was saying I shut off my Xbox after the game got disconnected not in the middle of a play I was running. Thanks for taking shots at me anyways.

As far as the gameplay, I'm fine with most of it, but like I mentioned its the little things that come off as "we don't have to fix that" arrogance from EA. My biggest complaint about the Madden franchise is the lack of a detailed online season mode. NFL 2K5 clearly set the standard back in 2004 with their stat tracking for online seasons and many other options (I'm pretty sure you could view it on their website as well) and it seems as though EA just ignored it and decided to wait 4 years and release a mediocre online season mode.

Its the little things that could put this game over the top, but they continue to ignore them every year.

[quote name='Mattte']Nah, I didn't get disconnected I just got fed up and shut off my Xbox.[/quote]

How would you interpret that sentence? Are you alleging that the server did drop the game, you got frustrated, turned off your xbox, and THEN turned it back on to message me? Am I understanding that right?

Whatever man...either way, this game is far from broken. NFL 2K5 was great for its time, but even when 2K came back with All-Pro 2K8 they made a half-assed effort. This can be an enjoyable game of football if you'd stop crying long enough to realize it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']How would you interpret that sentence? Are you alleging that the server did drop the game, you got frustrated, turned off your xbox, and THEN turned it back on to message me? Am I understanding that right?[/quote]

www.xbox.com

I saw you messaged me right when my Xbox was shutting down and went there to see it.

What the hell is going on? The next time we do a league we have to pre screen the people in it. Which is a little disappointing, I would expect this on Gamefaqs but this is CAG.

God damn I love how we cant play a week of games without someone quitting. You would honestly think we were playing for a million bucks or something.

Yes madden isnt that great. Its not horrid but its not great...but its madden so you knew what you were getting when you bought it. Madden is a good 20 dollar game and a serviceable football sim since there is no other option.

In my opinion fuck 2k. They screwed themselves and their fans on more than one occasion. EA bought the license fine. But 2k pussy footed around and released the most half assed football game I have ever seen. Worse then most maddens. They had no pressure at all with AP 2k8 and they still half assed it. Great game play but its basically like playing a bunch of exhibition games.

That along with virtually no customer interaction via patches, DLC or even information for that matter. Then dropped the ball again with not having a 2k9 to be released.

I love 2k but how long are you going to make excuses for them? I am just sick of living off this 2k5 is god excuse. They had their shot at AP 2k8 and they blew it.

But all of that is beside the point. Mattte you signed up for the league and to quit (supposedly) in the middle of a game just because you are loosing or frustrated is a bitch move. No one made you sign up and its suppose to be a friendly league with no pressure but you guys are turning this into the biggest chore.

[quote name='Soodmeg']But all of that is beside the point. Mattte you signed up for the league and to quit (supposedly) in the middle of a game just because you are loosing or frustrated is a bitch move. No one made you sign up and its suppose to be a friendly league with no pressure but you guys are turning this into the biggest chore.[/quote]

That's basically my point. I actually assumed the server crapped out on us, and my first message to him was "damn server". I then asked if he wanted to just play the fourth quarter, starting at 14-7. His response was "No, I'm tired of this game. You win". So, I'm sorry. At that point I did think he just quit.

And like I said, I thought it was a well played game. There were no glitches or bitch plays, or anything else that would frustrate you into not wanting to continue. He threw 2 picks, but they were bad throws. That's not the game's fault.

The whole point of forming a league with people on a website like this is to have a reliable group of guys to play with. It's frustrating as hell when people just feel like quitting (especially when they only signed up a week ago...I guess you weren't aware of the game's "problems" at that point?). I think I'd enjoy a 6 person league where you play each team 3 times more than this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% committed to this league and will play my games as long as there are games to play, but damn, it would be nice to see effort from more than a handful of people.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's basically my point. I actually assumed the server crapped out on us, and my first message to him was "damn server". I then asked if he wanted to just play the fourth quarter, starting at 14-7. His response was "No, I'm tired of this game. You win". So, I'm sorry. At that point I did think he just quit.

And like I said, I thought it was a well played game. There were no glitches or bitch plays, or anything else that would frustrate you into not wanting to continue. He threw 2 picks, but they were bad throws. That's not the game's fault.

The whole point of forming a league with people on a website like this is to have a reliable group of guys to play with. It's frustrating as hell when people just feel like quitting (especially when they only signed up a week ago...I guess you weren't aware of the game's "problems" at that point?). I think I'd enjoy a 6 person league where you play each team 3 times more than this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% committed to this league and will play my games as long as there are games to play, but damn, it would be nice to see effort from more than a handful of people.[/quote]

Yeah I completely agree. I am actually getting really sick of this. This is why large leagues never work because the more people you have the more people who can bitch out.

I thought that beacuse this is CAG it would be different but apparently not.

I would be very willing to completely stop this league and start another with only around 10 people.

Because this is just plain........:roll:

let me not wats gonna happen for the amount of people that have signed up well find people that want to play hopefully

Wow. I leave for six hours, and this is what happens. Everyone needs to calm down..

Now then, I'll talk. Mattte, you are not leaving this league on your own accord.

I am kicking you.

It's sad that this is what it takes, but some of you need to man up and stop complaining like little girls. Ever heard of sportsmanship? If you keep losing, it isn't the damn game's fault. It's because you need to practice. Heard of that?

None of us were born good at Madden. We've played for years and years, and that's how some of us (not me) excel.

You can ask Scott240, who I played for Week 2. I was brutally beaten. I didn't quit. I didn't "lose the connection". I took it. I understood that he was the better player, and he deserved it. He wasn't cheating. He has skill. I do not believe I got more than two first downs the entire game. I didn't give up though, I just tried different things.

If you're going to sign up for this league, you need to understand that you are here with 31 other individuals. Chances are, you're going to run into someone who is much better than you. You will not always win.

As for this league, as I said awhile ago, I never had expected it to go through flawlessly. I'm not sure where it will be headed. I'm considering doing a role call. Try to find out who is actually interested in sticking it out. I'll be thinking about it. For now, play your games. Please.

That is all.

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']As for this league, as I said awhile ago, I never had expected it to go through flawlessly. I'm not sure where it will be headed. I'm considering doing a role call. Try to find out who is actually interested in sticking it out. I'll be thinking about it. For now, play your games. Please.

That is all.[/quote]

Well said, Jagged. I think a role call is a good idea. Having said that, um...here! :)

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']Instead of doing a role of who is here, let's do a role of who isn't here.

...anyone?[/quote]

HAHA! Good one Jagged! That sure is a damn funny joke!!! :lol:

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']um...wouldnt their response be silence? If people didn't have issues checking this thread and communicating, they'd probably get their games played to begin with.[/quote]

I was joking. ;)

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I was joking. ;)[/quote]

ok..lol..sorry. So tense around here, I didn't think a joke was possible, haha. Now watch my ninja edit...

Chop Suey and I played! It was ABSOLUTELY seamless and a BLAST!
Denver Broncos- 21
San Diego Chargers- 18

Stats:
Rivers- 90.4 QB Rating, 245 yds- 2TD/2INT
Cutler- 86.9 QB Rating, 177 yds- 2TD/2INT

LaDanian Tomlinson- 44yds Rushing, 0 TD
Selvin Young- 35yds Rushing, 1 TD

Vincent Jackson- 6 REC, 123yds, 1TD
Tony Scheffler- 4 REC, 57yds, 1 TD

Can't wait to play our next matchup!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's basically my point. I actually assumed the server crapped out on us, and my first message to him was "damn server". I then asked if he wanted to just play the fourth quarter, starting at 14-7. His response was "No, I'm tired of this game. You win". So, I'm sorry. At that point I did think he just quit.

And like I said, I thought it was a well played game. There were no glitches or bitch plays, or anything else that would frustrate you into not wanting to continue. He threw 2 picks, but they were bad throws. That's not the game's fault.[/quote]

Like I said three times already, the server did crap out for no reason and I just got fed up and turned my Xbox off as I assumed we would have to restart the game all over again. The server even disconnected mid-play.

Hey jagged,
As a potential idea, how about you consider giving some of the more reilable players multiple teams if they want them?
As in if the Giants drop out, give them to ivan because thats his team IF he wants another team. If not, no problem, look for somebody else in the league or a new person.
Just an idea.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Id love to have the Giants :)[/quote]
See? And I can speak for him telling you that he's more than dedicated enough to have them (all games completed so far in both leagues!).

Honestly, I say you start booting all the people who haven't played their game by Sunday (so boot them on Monday).
Then you offer the teams to the dedicated people here who want to play with their team, because we had to pick other teams.
For example, if the Vikings don't play, I'll take them.
Of course, take into account the people that are making an effort to play their game.

I am also pretty fine with that idea. I would take up another team.

In my honest opinion that is what it will boil down to anyway. To me there is just no way a 32 man league can work. I think the only way to complete and league is to only have roughly 10-15 people that you know will play their games.

But yeah I am good with that idea. I got Titans if he drops out.

I'm pretty much available from like 11am-2:30 pm daily, my work schedule at the moment is fucked, but I do have this Tuesday off.

I'm in Eastern time, BTW. Send me a message on Live, as I don't check this board very often.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am also pretty fine with that idea. I would take up another team.

In my honest opinion that is what it will boil down to anyway. To me there is just no way a 32 man league can work. I think the only way to complete and league is to only have roughly 10-15 people that you know will play their games.

But yeah I am good with that idea. I got Titans if he drops out.[/QUOTE]

Sood-if you wanted to start up a small ten man league or so I would be down. I know N8rocker82, destrovega, and azu would probably be up for it. Mind you I am not quitting the league but it would be nice to have a smaller league to play in.

BTW-It's football time so anybody who hasn't played me I won't be available all day. Watching games on the dish and then Mets-Phillies as the ESPN game...what a great day of sports :)

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I'll be working 1-7 today. Ah! I'm going to miss most all of the football. Great.

Just great...[/QUOTE]

Too bad so sad ;)
Just kidding. Happy opening day everyone and good luck with your Fantasy Teams/Suicide Pools, gambling etc. :applause:

[quote name='ivanctorres']Too bad so sad ;)
Just kidding. Happy opening day everyone and good luck with your Fantasy Teams/Suicide Pools, gambling etc. :applause:[/quote]

I decided to not take part in a fantasy league this year. When I tried to last season, I realized it screwed up the experience of watching it. I prefer to just relax and hope for my favorite team to win.

Just my two cents. Now, I better get going. Have fun everyone.

Does anyone have any kind of old games to throw to the winner of this league, give us some motivation to get out games in and actually take this seriously.

People should just play their games, I don't see what the problem is...

Me and my opponent had to wait till the last minute, but we kick our game off in ten minutes...

bread's done
Back