CAG Madden 09 League #2 - CLOSED

Jagged, just wanted to say, you're doing a great job running the league, man. Even with the bumps in the road, I don't think it could be handled any better. And honestly, this system works better than anything EA could ever think up. By allowing adds after the season has begun, it keeps the league afloat. Unless EA can learn something from Sony and MLB: The Show, they can remove the "league system" from their game.

Also, the OP looks beautiful. Organized and concise! I like the spoiler tags on past weekly results too. Very nice!

[quote name='BigAT']I'll take the Packers if they're still available. Let me know.[/quote]

They're yours. Try to get your games in ASAP.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Also, the OP looks beautiful. Organized and concise! I like the spoiler tags on past weekly results too. Very nice![/quote]

Thanks! :)

[quote name='ivanctorres']sstyler-Are you gonna be available tonite?[/quote]
would be able to play now but u rnt online sorry got home alittle while ago from soccer its so annoying practice isnt right after school. Can play fri like 330, sat in day time, and sun after 3 let me no

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']They're yours. Try to get your games in ASAP.
[/quote]

Will do. Is there any special rules or gameplay requirements for the league? I didn't notice anything in the OP.

[quote name='BigAT']Will do. Is there any special rules or gameplay requirements for the league? I didn't notice anything in the OP.[/quote]

I just removed them, which was an accident. But if you just play ranked games, there is no need for any rules to be set. The home team sends the invite. That's all, basically.

Just want to let everyone know...

since buying NHL09 today... I can no longer play any EA sports games online... I wrote an email to EA about it, hopefully they resolve it by tomorrow, the weekend at the latest...

I tried to log onto Madden, no go... hopefully I can get my week 3 game in this weekend... I'm pretty pissed about the whole thing.

I'm probably going to be trading in Madden for Rock Band 2, I will inform you when that happens.

Matt Young and whoever I need to play... I am off all day today. Send me a message on Xbox Live. If you PM me here, I most likely won't see it until tomorrow or some shit. If you hit me up on Live, I will definitely see it today.

I work from 2:45 - 11:15 every day except Tues and Thursday usually. I am available after 11 on most nights, and before 2 most days.

Again, send me a message on Live, it will be much easier.

My gamertag is Masked Lemon.

[quote name='masked lemon']I'm probably going to be trading in Madden for Rock Band 2, I will inform you when that happens.

Matt Young and whoever I need to play... I am off all day today. Send me a message on Xbox Live. If you PM me here, I most likely won't see it until tomorrow or some shit. If you hit me up on Live, I will definitely see it today.

I work from 2:45 - 11:15 every day except Tues and Thursday usually. I am available after 11 on most nights, and before 2 most days.

Again, send me a message on Live, it will be much easier.

My gamertag is Masked Lemon.[/QUOTE]

If your going to trade the game in them I think we need a replacement for you. It really makes no sense for you to play the games If you know your going to drop out.

thanks alot n8 oh and sorry about going for it on 4th a couple of times im usually not a cheap player like that but desperate times called for desperate measures

[quote name='BuddyHenika']thanks alot n8 oh and sorry about going for it on 4th a couple of times im usually not a cheap player like that but desperate times called for desperate measures[/quote]

Oh, don't worry about it man. I pretty much expected you to each time. I wasn't a fan of the last couple Maddens' "realism" of forcing people to punt on 4th down. The bottom line is, if you can't defend it, you don't deserve to get the ball back anyway.

You only had one play where I was just like "oh bullshit!" lol. It may have even been on a 4th and long. I almost had your QB sacked, and you just threw up a lob across the middle of the field, and the wideout came streaking across and grabbed it for the 1st down. But you played a fair game, and you took the loss like a man. That's more than a lot of people can say.

So I dont know what to do about my week 2 game with the bills. I have played my week 3 game already and have been in and out of both league threads.

Though I am committed to the league I refuse to go chasing someone down to play thier game. I have posted my schedule like 10 times so everyone should know it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So I dont know what to do about my week 2 game with the bills. I have played my week 3 game already and have been in and out of both league threads.

Though I am committed to the league I refuse to go chasing someone down to play thier game. I have posted my schedule like 10 times so everyone should know it.[/quote]

If you've PM'd the guy with your schedule, then yeah, it's on him to get back to you, but asking 31 people to remember your schedule just because you've posted it is a bit ridiculous. I've got way too much shit to keep up with to worry about your schedule. When it comes time for us to play, I'll pm you and ask you when is a good time for you. That's all that can be expected.

My week 2 opponent, masked lemon, and I are playing tonight.

FYI, Jagged- Azumangaman and I have been unable to connect to each other for Madden games before, so I don't know if it will be possible to play our game fro week 3. :(

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If you've PM'd the guy with your schedule, then yeah, it's on him to get back to you, but asking 31 people to remember your schedule just because you've posted it is a bit ridiculous. I've got way too much shit to keep up with to worry about your schedule. When it comes time for us to play, I'll pm you and ask you when is a good time for you. That's all that can be expected.[/quote]

I am not asking people to remember my schedule. But if its our week to play and I post my schedule here 4 or 5 times after I send a om then if you are checking the thread at all you should see it.

I post my schedule in here and in pms each time I have a game. I am not expecting you to memorize it but I am expecting you at least check the thread to see if I posted anything.

Not everyone checks or sees their pms. I know I look at the thread first before I look at pms and many times I just forget to check them.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Not everyone checks or sees their pms. I know I look at the thread first before I look at pms and many times I just forget to check them.[/quote]

As long as you're in this league, you should be checking your PM's. You never know in which way I'll be trying to relay important information. Just, always check them.

Good game. Jags win over Bills 39-7.

I am going to give ammowasted the benefit of the doubt but our game disconnected with 1:27 left in the fourth after having no lag what so ever before that.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Good game. Jags win over Bills 39-7.

I am going to give ammowasted the benefit of the doubt but our game disconnected with 1:27 left in the fourth after having no lag what so ever before that.[/QUOTE]

Did someone attempt a field goal?

[quote name='Matt Young']Did someone attempt a field goal?[/quote]

I R Confused?

What do you mean? I did kick a field goal?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Good game. Jags win over Bills 39-7.

I am going to give ammowasted the benefit of the doubt but our game disconnected with 1:27 left in the fourth after having no lag what so ever before that.[/quote]
Sorry, my router completely crapped out on me and I was fiddling with the settings up till now...

Just had a great week 2 game with Masked Lemon. Our first attempt glitched in quarter 2 while we were tied, 7-7. He injured Marquis Colston's knee, and then the camera just kept panning around the stadium. We couldn't even pause or anything.

After the restart, it was a tight one. He came thisclose to catching up, but I got some lucky breaks and pulled out the win. I can definitely vouch that he is a good, quality replacement for the former Redskins user.

Final: Saints (Matt Young) 10, Redskins (Masked Lemon) 0

WK3 Bucs 21 -- Bears 0

Derwood43 and I got in our game last night. It first started on a cold Chicago Soldier field. There was snow all over and we both wondered how it would pan out. Bucs kicked off and Hester had a minimal return. First play from scrimmage was a pass to the right with the Bears receiver and the Bucs defender both leaping to grab the rock.....then it happend.......freeze. Couldn't pause or get past this and I got the dreaded no connection message.

Well, we got the next game going but a warm front had moved in and the snow had disappeared. Much like the Bears passes when thrown to the Bucs secondary. It was a game of INT's for both sides, but Garcia and the Bucs running game prevailed. While Orton and Urlacher looked like they should be playing high school ball. The Monsters of the Midway are looking for answers to turn their season around.

So if I fill in for the Browns what are the parameters I need for my games? I don't know if I'll get in, but I'd at least like to be ready so I can get games done quick.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']So if I fill in for the Browns what are the parameters I need for my games? I don't know if I'll get in, but I'd at least like to be ready so I can get games done quick.[/quote]

Just play the game ranked so the settings are default. I think ideally, Jagged would want to have a one week timeframe in which everybody plays their games. But between here and the other league, it seems doing 2 weeks at a time is the only feasible way to keep people active. And just like any other league, you contact your opponent and keep up with this thread to set up your games. Other than that, not sure what "parameters" you're thinking of.

I think I have the OP caught up. Again, just let me know if I missed something.

And Ultimate Matt X, you have the Browns. Play your games ASAP.

Matt Young and I played a really good couple of games. I'm sure I would have won the first game, if it wasn't for the glitch.

The second game, on the other hand... I couldn't finish a drive to save my life. Got into the red zone a few times, but never produced anything.

The Redskins fucking suck. I hate their QB with a passion. But... I'll still be around to play my Week 3 game, probably this Sunday, as I have the day off.

I can't connect to the EA servers some reason, yet I can connect to Live. I had no problems yesterday.. weird. So, I'm trying to get it done tomorrow but if anyone has any solution to fix this, please post now so I can get it done today! =p

Okay thanks. Since I'm just in I may need a little past Sunday to get games in, but I'll get them done as soon as possible. Give me a few daysand I should be able to get weeks 2 and 3 done.

12 games still need to be played by tomorrow. I'm going to start becoming less lenient, if all of you don't start to pick it up. On Monday, we'll do another role call. The list will likely be massive. This league will take all winter if all of you can't hurry it up.

Eagles - 17 (me)
Steelers - 0 (stone)

Opted for the friendly quit in the middle of the 3rd. I was pretty much dominating the whole game and the score could've been more than 17 if I didn't throw a whacky pass in the endzone. I laid Parker DOWN in the 3rd for a fumble-TD. It was sick, and I think thats when stone had enough cause he couldn't do anything on offense.

I said it earlier in this thread, but I probably won't be able to play Week 3 (actually I won't be able to). Matt knows what to do, talk to him.

Neworlbush25 let me know if ur available tonite. I'm at the met game now but I will be home by 1130 and be on for at lease a couple of hours.

Hey Jagged,

Be careful with cutting players. If the person has already played his or her games, they may have a serious issue that they need to attend to (like me, I've been in Buffalo since Wednesday).

Me and ivanctorres just played.
This is my week 3 game, I have yet to play my week 2

Neworlbush (titans): 24
Ivantorres (Texans): 10

Game was a lot closer than the score. It was in Tenessee where snow was falling all game with 15+mph winds. Then game was played close during the first half, where each time had a goalline stand. At halftime it was 3-3.

In the third quarter, we each had drives that resulted in medum range touchdown passes. At the end of the third, it was 10-10. Texans had the ball, driving down at about the titan 30 when it was 4th and 1. A field goal was out of question because the wind was 15 coming into him. The titans stuffed the run on fourth down.

The titans get the ball and Kerry Collins throws his 3rd pick of the game. The texans then punt, and the titans have to execute a two minute drill to break the tie. It was 3rd and 7 when Kerry Collins FOund Justin Gage deeep down the field for a 69 yard touchdown pass. Gage almost caught it off the ground, but he did catch it.

The Texans got the ball back, but Matt Shaub throws his 2nd interception of the game to Nick Harper, who took it 37 yards to the house.

This game was about turnovers, and five total interceptions were thrown.

Stats:

PASS
Kerry Collins: 85.3 RAT 16-23, 198 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
Matt Schaub: 54.4 RAT 14-23, 129 yards, 1TD 2 INT

RUSH
Lendale White: 12 ATT, 54 yards
Ahman Green: 13 ATT, 60 yards

RECEIVING
Justin Gage (TEN) 5 REC, 103 yards, TD
Justin Mccareins (TEN) 4 REC, 50 yards, TD
Owen Daniels (HOU) 3 REC, 38 yards
Andre Johnson (HOU) 2 REC, 33 yards, TD

DEFENSIVE
TEN
Chris Hope: 7 TKL
Keith BUlluck: TKL, 2 TLF
Nick Harper: 2 TKL, 1 INT, TD
Reynaldo Hill: INT
Jevon Kearse: 3 TKL, SAck

HOU:
Morlon Greenwood: 9 TKL, 1 SACK
Demeco Ryans: 4 TKL, INT
Jacques Reeves: 1 TKL, INT
Antwaun Molden: INT

GG bush...
Turning point was probably the 4th and 1. You played a field goal block defense and I should have audibled out of the play or tried to make a 40 yard field into 19mph wind.

Your first td of the game came as a result of me pressing B at the wrong time. I tried to change to the d-linemen but you threw it just before and the computer instead switched me to the db and that took me completely out of the play. I don't know if you would have scored but at least my db would have had a chance at the ball.

I look forward to the rematch though. The 4th and 1 was huge and the 3rd and 7 69 yard pass to Gage was the straw that broke the camel's back. I just couldnt get to young and he had all day on that play.

I'm playing soliddragon in about half an hour. Masked Lemon, I just sent you a PM about possibly playing our Week 1 game tonight.

Someone said something about wind? There's a fucking hurricane without the water in Dayton, OH right now. I was at the mall working, and everything got all sorts of crazy. Power went out, wind is ripping all the trees out of the ground, and this wall exploded:

29og4mp.jpg

I don't know how there is still power at my house. Siding is off of houses, and WOW.

Oh, and so this post is somewhat on topic, play your games! ;)

Damn, soliddragon and I have been thwarted in our Giants-Bengals matchup. Thanks to a lucky punt return fumble for a touchdown, I was up 21-17 in the third quarter when we got cut off, and we were never able to reconnect. We are going to try to finish it up some time this week. Still haven't heard from Masked Lemon yet, but hoping to get that game played shortly.

bread's done
Back