CAG Madden 09 League - LEAGUE CLOSED...I'M DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SoulReaver']itlnstln failed to show up today. This was for Week 2 and this has been the 2nd time he hasn't shown up. The first time he didn't show up I waited a few days for him to tell me a new date but he never did. I had to PM him and then we got a new date, but once again he didn't show up...[/quote]

annnnnd that's pretty much exactly what I'm talking about. Several of you practically begged me to join this league. I want explanations.

SoulReaver and I just finished our Week 3 game: Titans 34, Eagles 0.

The Eagles fumbled on the opening kickoff, Bironas recovered, and nothing really went their way the rest of the game. It was rainy, so once I pulled ahead and he had to start passing, it was pretty much over. McNabb had 5 interceptions, most of them I think coming toward the end of the game. Good game, much better than the score reflects.

I can understand your frustration n8. My apologies for endorsing one guy who was super active and then seemingly imploded, and a guy who missed his game for a second time (although tonight he played a game for my league).
I PMed my Week 4 opponent.

Ivan Hood creaaaaammed me.

Titans- 38
Eagles- 0

From the opening kick off, he got a fumble for a touchdown. From there, it was all down-hill for me.

Man I been wondering why people still duck me when i use the Patriots in quick matchhes. Seems you can sub Brady in via the depth chart. EA needs to close that loophole thats mega cheap

[quote name='scrub0bk']n8, when are you back? are we able to get the game done before the deadline tonight or will we have to do it after?[/quote]

Hey, yeah, I'm back. I'm watching the Bills game right now, but any time today between 4-11 pm est is good for me. Just name a time, and I'll be there.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hey, yeah, I'm back. I'm watching the Bills game right now, but any time today between 4-11 pm est is good for me. Just name a time, and I'll be there.[/QUOTE]

7est sound good for you?

[quote name='scrub0bk']7est sound good for you?[/quote]

Yeah, that works. Oh, and since we did actually make it through one quarter on our 2nd attempt (you were ahead 10-0, I believe), I'm fine with starting there and just playing 3 quarters if you want. It's up to you.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that works. Oh, and since we did actually make it through one quarter on our 2nd attempt (you were ahead 10-0, I believe), I'm fine with starting there and just playing 3 quarters if you want. It's up to you.[/QUOTE]

yeah that sounds good. ill be on at 7

gg scrub. If it wasn't for your 10-0 headstart, I might have had a chance. Still not happy with my defense, but oh well. Nothing like being 0-3 in your own league. More of a reason why I'm not hunting people down and begging them to play their games. If I can get my ass handed to me, so you can you fuckers!

Bills at Steelers: 20 - 14

[quote name='n8rockerasu']gg scrub. If it wasn't for your 10-0 headstart, I might have had a chance. Still not happy with my defense, but oh well. Nothing like being 0-3 in your own league. More of a reason why I'm not hunting people down and begging them to play their games. If I can get my ass handed to me, so you can you fuckers!

Bills at Steelers: 20 - 14[/quote]
Don't worry n8, I'm 1-6 in mine :) 0-2 in this league as well :)

[quote name='Azumangaman']Don't worry n8, I'm 1-6 in mine :) 0-2 in this league as well :)[/quote]

Well, I can't wait till we play then, hahaha ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']gg scrub. If it wasn't for your 10-0 headstart, I might have had a chance. Still not happy with my defense, but oh well. Nothing like being 0-3 in your own league. More of a reason why I'm not hunting people down and begging them to play their games. If I can get my ass handed to me, so you can you fuckers!

Bills at Steelers: 20 - 14[/QUOTE]

gg n8. i started off kinda hot stopping you the first couple drives then i couldnt do anything. i was actually scared on the onside kick cause for some reason i usually cant get them. gg though

[quote name='scrub0bk']gg n8. i started off kinda hot stopping you the first couple drives then i couldnt do anything. i was actually scared on the onside kick cause for some reason i usually cant get them. gg though[/quote]

Yeah, I couldn't get anything going running the ball. Your front 7 is just too strong. Once I went to a spread I did better. I'm still learning to trust Trent though, haha. Plus, passing the ball is always terrifying in this game. I can't believe there was only one pick between us because there were so many deflections.

I actually wish every game would play like that. It would encourage a little more aggressiveness on offense. Anyway, you played a smart game. The onside kick was pathetic. I really don't even think it went 10 yards...and it went right to your guy. Maybe one day, I'll figure this team out.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I couldn't get anything going running the ball. Your front 7 is just too strong. Once I went to a spread I did better. I'm still learning to trust Trent though, haha. Plus, passing the ball is always terrifying in this game. I can't believe there was only one pick between us because there were so many deflections.

I actually wish every game would play like that. It would encourage a little more aggressiveness on offense. Anyway, you played a smart game. The onside kick was pathetic. I really don't even think it went 10 yards...and it went right to your guy. Maybe one day, I'll figure this team out.[/QUOTE]

i know there were alot of balls that bounce off the defenders hands, but still im only glad there was 1 pick.

After a shutout yesterday, I got dominated by shinryuu today. Titans 7, Raiders 20. It wasn't even close, and my only score came in the fourth quarter.

[quote name='IvanHood']After a shutout yesterday, I got dominated by shinryuu today. Titans 7, Raiders 20. It wasn't even close, and my only score came in the fourth quarter.[/quote]
I had a couple of miscues on that one drive where I lobbed it to Walker to the outside of the endzone when he was wide open, then shanked the kick on the right post of the FG attempt. I killed Chris Johnson. I don't know how many hits he took but damn. I think I was motivated from that game against neworlbush and my FF lost.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1782843
Here's that pitch play that I read perfectly with my MLB. =p
Raiders improve to 2-2.

23-22 steelers over vikings.

azu very good game. i was nervous when i was in 1st and goal on my last drive cause im a terrible red-zone person. glad my play worked out though. couple untimely int's for both of us though.

Week 4

Minnesota 22
Pittsburgh 23

Damn, what a heartbreaker. Berrian was wide open on a last ditch effort, but scrub ran a great play and sacked booty.
AWESOME game, scrub is a great opponent.

[quote name='shinryuu']I had a couple of miscues on that one drive where I lobbed it to Walker to the outside of the endzone when he was wide open, then shanked the kick on the right post of the FG attempt. I killed Chris Johnson. I don't know how many hits he took but damn. I think I was motivated from that game against neworlbush and my FF lost.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/1782843
Here's that pitch play that I read perfectly with my MLB. =p
Raiders improve to 2-2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, normally I'm able to open up the passing game by getting some good runs up the middle with Johnson, but you just absolutely dominated him.

Hotlt8sn (or however his name goes) said that I could have the win since he didn't show up. If you prefer n8, I guess we could reschedule again and play. LMK what you want us to do.

Hey, just a sorry post from me. I had some personal stuff go down in the past week so I've been home with my parents. I was on XBL the other day and I didn't return the PM because my family was having a rock band night. Anyways, if you want to get someone to take my place thats fine. I wanted to play in the league but I have a lot on my plate right now and might be starting a FIFA league. Both times I tried to get my games in, one time someone didn't show up and the other we got cut off at the half. So it wasn't like I was dodging or anything like that. Anyways N8 PM me if you want and sorry if I wasted anyones time.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Hey, just a sorry post from me. I had some personal stuff go down in the past week so I've been home with my parents. I was on XBL the other day and I didn't return the PM because my family was having a rock band night. Anyways, if you want to get someone to take my place thats fine. I wanted to play in the league but I have a lot on my plate right now and might be starting a FIFA league. Both times I tried to get my games in, one time someone didn't show up and the other we got cut off at the half. So it wasn't like I was dodging or anything like that. Anyways N8 PM me if you want and sorry if I wasted anyones time.[/quote]

I understand personal stuff happens sometimes. I just want you to be honest with yourself and with the rest of the league. It really just depends on if this is something you have time for. Obviously, nobody has stepped in to take your team, so if you do want it, show me you can get your games played, and I'll reinstate you. It's as simple as that.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Hotlt8sn (or however his name goes) said that I could have the win since he didn't show up. If you prefer n8, I guess we could reschedule again and play. LMK what you want us to do.[/quote]

I'll bookmark it as a win for you now. If you guys want to play it out down the road, that's up to you. For gimme wins, the score will be marked at 0 - 0. At the end of the season, if two teams with the same record are vying for one playoff spot, overall point total could be a factor.

So, if you don't play all your games, that could be a factor come playoff time. I'm doing it this way so there's actually incentive for the "winner" to play the game, even though he could lose, and adversely affect his record. That way, not playing the game could hurt you, and so could not playing it. I hope that makes sense.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'll bookmark it as a win for you now. If you guys want to play it out down the road, that's up to you. For gimme wins, the score will be marked at 0 - 0. At the end of the season, if two teams with the same record are vying for one playoff spot, overall point total could be a factor.

So, if you don't play all your games, that could be a factor come playoff time. I'm doing it this way so there's actually incentive for the "winner" to play the game, even though he could lose, and adversely affect his record. That way, not playing the game could hurt you, and so could not playing it. I hope that makes sense.[/quote]
Gotcha, I think I'll try to make a match with him

Sent you a pm neworlbush25 for our game..NO at Carolina.
I'm waiting on a Cowboys team to play my week 3 game...Carolina at Cowboys.

I'll speak on quanex wanting to be the Cowboys. I played him in either Azus or Jaggeds league and he is the most frustrating person I've ever played a game of Madden with. He used every second of the play clock, every play, all the time. Theres nothing wrong with his stategy but DAMN, it was boring as hell. I will say it worked for him as he beat me 8-0 with the 49ers I think but OMG what a buzz kill for a game.

[quote name='quanex']I'll take the cowboys if they still available.[/quote]
n8, trust me GIVE HIM THE 'BOYS. He's fucking awesome, and has like 8 or 9 games done in my league.

EDIT: Not hating on you Talon, I just realized now that he posted. If he gets some games done, def keep him, but quan should be one of the first guys you should talk to for an open spot.

So I already got my week 2 game in with Talon just now. He seems to be back for real. I say bring him back with the condition that if he doesn't live up to the standards of a normal player in the league he's gone without much of a warning.

As for the game:
Cowboys - 0
Packers - 10

Not a whole lot to say, it was an ugly game dominated by both defenses in the snow at Green Bay.

[quote name='BigAT']So I already got my week 2 game in with Talon just now. He seems to be back for real. I say bring him back with the condition that if he doesn't live up to the standards of a normal player in the league he's gone without much of a warning.

As for the game:
Cowboys - 0
Packers - 10

Not a whole lot to say, it was an ugly game dominated by both defenses in the snow at Green Bay.[/quote]

Good to hear! As I've said, I know talon from my MLB 08 league, and he's never had any problems getting his games played. I have no reason to believe this was anything more than a blip on his dependable record. We all go through rough patches, but as long as he wants to play, and shows effort, the Cowboys are his.

talon, now just play your week 1 game with pitfallharry219, and I'll be happy to totally reinstate you.

Wanderlai (Panthers): 22
Neworlbush25 (Saints): 14

Well wanderlai played excellent D. I couldnt get anything.
Drew Brees turned the ball over 8 times. Yeah, ahaa 8 times.
6 ints and 2 fumbles. Oh well, im 2-2.

[quote name='neworlbush25']Wanderlai (Panthers): 22
Neworlbush25 (Saints): 14

Well wanderlai played excellent D. I couldnt get anything.
Drew Brees turned the ball over 8 times. Yeah, ahaa 8 times.
6 ints and 2 fumbles. Oh well, im 2-2.[/QUOTE]

Good game. Neworlbush25 is a really nice guy to play. I, Carolina, got some lucky and I do mean lucky, bounces.

[quote name='ivanctorres']Is the Lions owner in???? I see that he hasnt played the last two games so what gives?[/quote]

I'd like to know that myself. I'm sending him a PM now.

Pitfall Harry, when can you play? I'm avail any night this week after 4:30 pm or so, so shoot me a PM with a night that works for you, thanks. And gg AT, idk why I was throwing so many dumb passes.

I am still in, just missed alot of scheduled times due to my ignorance. I have messaged all that I am available everyday after 6pmEST. Soulreaver has offered a rematch due to 0-0 and we are playing tonight. Azumangaman, if you want to battle after this let me know. I have setup my confrontation with ivantorres for this week and will be caught up before Sunday. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[quote name='Azumangaman']itlstln is a good guy. We've tried to get our game in but I can't connect to him. He tried sending me a PM, but my box was full.[/quote]

Well, if you guys have actually tried to play, and the problem is on your end, I'll give the win to itlstln for now. The game will be 0 - 0, but see the OP for my new "gimme win" policy. It's really in your best interest to get the game played. Hopefully you guys can work something out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soulreaver and I tried to play last night, but were unable to connect to each other. Azumangaman and I had this problem before as well. I tried to invite and they tried to invite, ranked and unranked, but nothing helped...

DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX OR REASON AS TO WHY THIS IS HAPPENING???

Whenever it has happened to me I have been able to fix it by designating the IP address of my 360 for DMZ on my router.

[quote name='itlnstln']Soulreaver and I tried to play last night, but were unable to connect to each other. Azumangaman and I had this problem before as well. I tried to invite and they tried to invite, ranked and unranked, but nothing helped...

DOES ANYONE HAVE A FIX OR REASON AS TO WHY THIS IS HAPPENING???[/quote]

Have you tried changing the channel your router is on? I think most default to 6, but try 11 or 1. This may do nothing, but it's worth a shot.

After many searches regarding this issue - I am going to set it up as a static IP and port forward through my router.

Just finished my game with n8rocker, who is both a very good opponent and a good guy to talk to. It was back and forth- I picked a pass; he picked me right back. He fumbled; I fumbled right back. We both had chances to break the game open, but it remained tight throughout. I won with a field goal as time expired.

Chargers 13, Bills 10

Good game, Nate.

Good game to Matt Young. Really close game. Unfortunate turnovers on both sides of the ball that nobody really capitalized off of. Even when I muffed a punt while trying to run away from the ball to let it bounce into the endzone, and Matt recovered at like my 5, LT immediately followed up with a fumble of his own, and I got the ball back.

I think I just suck with this team. I love the Bills, but I'm still bitter at them for losing 4 straight Super Bowls, lol. I can't ever get anything going with Buffalo's offense. I only threw one pick this game, which was good. But playing cautiously wastes too much clock, and it seems like the big play never comes. Oh well. I guess I need to change my gameplan.

Chargers at Bills: 13 - 10

[quote name='Matt Young']Just finished my game with n8rocker, who is both a very good opponent and a good guy to talk to. It was back and forth- I picked a pass; he picked me right back. He fumbled; I fumbled right back. We both had chances to break the game open, but it remained tight throughout. I won with a field goal as time expired.

Chargers 13, Bills 10

Good game, Nate.[/quote]

Thanks Matt. We'll have to get some CAG NHL games in sometime too. If you ever have an opening on your crowded Live friends list, haha, feel free to add me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back