CAG March Madness 2009

sounds good. Good luck to all.

side note - placing my thursday game bets tomorrow :F Taking the points w/ Butler and VCU ><

My bracket (dunno if u can see other peoples on the site)
** since i can't seem to find where to change it my bracket name is "CAG PICKS!" user - Jim **

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ronaldhennessy']I'm in.[/QUOTE]
Me, too. I change a couple of picks that I had in the contest pool since this is for fun but I still have the same champ but a different school in the final with them.

[quote name='KingBroly']Butler's fought back a bit, but they're still down a few points.[/QUOTE]
I hope they rally in the second half. I'm losing the other 8 vs 9 gmae too.

csu northridge is playing such a great defensive game but I don't know if they can play at that level consistently in the second half with all the talent Memphis has, but damn if Memphis goes so do alot of peoples brackets.

They're not playing a great defensive game against Sally. He's the only reason Memphis is leading right now.

Also, Calhoun isn't coaching U-Conn today. That's not good for them. I know they're a #1 seed, but they've lost their last 2 games, are missing their best player, and now they don't have their head coach. The stars might be aligning here.

[quote name='KingBroly']They're not playing a great defensive game against Sally. He's the only reason Memphis is leading right now.

Also, Calhoun isn't coaching U-Conn today. That's not good for them. I know they're a #1 seed, but they've lost their last 2 games, are missing their best player, and now they don't have their head coach. The stars might be aligning here.[/quote]

So your reasoning as to why they aren't playing a good defensive game because ONE guy is killing them, really? lol

No way UCONN loses today, Chattanooga is pretty damn weak even for a 16 seed (18-16 record, just got in with a upset win in their conference tourney).

2nd round game could be tougher (likely Texas A&M) if Calhoun is out. But you never know, missing the coach could fire up the team in the "win one for the Gipper!" type of sense.

[quote name='cmart05']So your reasoning as to why they aren't playing a good defensive game because ONE guy is killing them, really? lol[/quote]

He had like 19 points in the first half.

Yeah, good defensive game can not mean much if you let one guy beat you.

But sometimes it's a good strategy. i.e. both times WVU beat ND pretty soundly this year they let Harangody get his 26+ points and just shut down everyone else.

Gah, I fell asleep making my bracket last night and my internet was out this morning, sorry guys.

It sucks because I had CSUN with the upset.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, good defensive game can not mean much if you let one guy beat you.

But sometimes it's a good strategy. i.e. both times WVU beat ND pretty soundly this year they let Harangody get his 26+ points and just shut down everyone else.[/quote]

They're a 15 seed within 3 points with 15 mins to go. Sally is always going to get his points. You shut down every one else and force Sally to be a one man show and you got a shot.

If this isn't a great defensive game by CSU than I don't know what is.

Memphis game tied at 40 with 14 minutes to go.

Butler battled back to take a lead briefly, down 53-49 with 11 minutes left.

[quote name='dmaul1114']CSU up 57-56 with 11 to go.[/QUOTE]
It looks like I'm 1 of 3. LSU just beat Butler. Funny thing is that in my other bracket I'm 2 of 3 because I picked Texas A&M in that one and I meant to pick LSU in this one.

MD playing pretty well on offense, need to pick it up on the defensive end.

Edit: UMD up 3 at the half.

7-0 in my top ESPN bracket, 3-4 and 6-1 in my other 2. 5-2 for my CAG bracket. NAES leads at 7-0 in the CAG group.

Yeah, but I actually forgot to pick the Arizona State - Temple game, dammit.

I have ASU winning in all of my other brackets, can't believe I forgot to pick that game. Picked everything else though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've only missed one game so far, though 33 managed to be perfect so far.

Why's the Washington game not on TV right now?[/quote]
I'm watching the game on CBS College Sports.

Yeah, all games are on that site.

The Washington game is also on CBSC if you get that or your digital cable or satellite package (I can see it in the guide but my package doesn't include it).

Turning into a blow out with Washington up 17, so no one (Washington fans aside) are missing anything anyway.

The streaming quality this year is much better than in previous years. The Washington game's sort of uninteresting at the moment.

bread's done
Back