CAG March Madness Tournament

Alright, the second wave of games are coming up soon.

Tonight's Games:
Louisville vs. Washington
W Virginia vs. Texas Tech
WI Milwaukee vs. Illinois
Arizona vs. Okla St.

I'm looking for Louisville, Illinois, and Arizona to win and I don't care who wins the WV/TT game since I had WF winning.

Lots of people are picking the upset in Louisville it seems. I only talked to like 2 people (3 if I include myself) who thought Washington Was going to win. I secretly am wishing Illionis to lose even though I have them advancing in my bracket.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Lots of people are picking the upset in Louisville it seems. I only talked to like 2 people (3 if I include myself) who thought Washington Was going to win. I secretly am wishing Illionis to lose even though I have them advancing in my bracket.[/quote]

Well, I have UW winning this one (even though I had them going up against GT). I don't think it would be an upset if Louisville won, since they are a point and a half favorite.

[quote name='Santorum X'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Lots of people are picking the upset in Louisville it seems. I only talked to like 2 people (3 if I include myself) who thought Washington Was going to win. I secretly am wishing Illionis to lose even though I have them advancing in my bracket.[/quote]

Well, I have UW winning this one (even though I had them going up against GT). I don't think it would be an upset if Louisville won, since they are a point and a half favorite.[/quote]

Well I meant in terms of the seeding it'd be an upset, but yeah UW certainly seems like the underdog here. A couple folks even mentioned Louisville crushing them or blowing them out.

A 4 beating a 1 seed isn't an upset, expecially the way both teams have been playing this season and in the tourney. It's a great game between two great teams, and I'm betting that Garcia keeps playing lights out and wins it for Louisville.

WV just beat Texas Tech and Arizona/Ok St. has 3 minutes left and it's very close. I had WF beating Gonzaga, so the WV game didn't matter. Go Arizona!

Alright, the winners today were:

Arizona
West Virginia
Illinois
Louisville

Tomorrow's Games:

North Caroline vs. Villanova
NC State vs. Wisconsin
Duke vs. Michigan St.
Utah vs. Kentucky

How can you not double Salim Stoudamire in that situation at the end? How is that humanly possible that you'd let the best jump shooter in the NCAA go one on one with time running out...

My dead grandmother (may she rest in peace) knew he was getting the ball.

/not bitter, normally a big 'Cats fan.

North Caroline vs. Villanova - NC
NC State vs. Wisconsin - WI
Duke vs. Michigan St. - Mich. St.
Utah vs. Kentucky - Kentucy

those are my picks and lets hope they hold true.... lol, my final four picks are pretty big ten dominant... damn thatd kick so much ass if it happened.

I absolutely hate WV, they have got to be the luckiest team in the damn tournament all they do is take crappy 3's. Also WTF kind of a name is Pitsnogle? That sounds a damn breed of dog.

The Louisville game was a great comeback. This Arizona/Illinois game is great, though I'm hoping Illinois pulls a win out the hat because I have them going to the Championship game.

I so lost this tournament. I had 27/32 right the first round, 9/16 the second round, and I think maybe two since. Well, there's always next year.

[quote name='ace25one']Wow. Two very good game's today. Hopefully we get two more tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I agree, two great comebacks and even an overtime game made today a great game and I'm hoping it continues for tomorrow.

I agrre that was 2 excellent games, I in a way feel bad for west viringa as they have had one hell of a run to this point. I think would be neat to see kentucky vs louisvill in the finalls What better could one ask for?

just ran the scenario generator, my best case scenario is a 4 way tie for 10th place.

IF

UNC and UK wins today

AND IF

Illinois beats UK in the title game.

Unless all those things happen my best case was sole possesion of 24th place! :)

Its been a crazy tournament - I'm a Syracuse fan so lets say my dreams died what seems like weeks ago. Luckily I only had them going to the final four (what an idiot I am), but suprisingly enough I may be able to pull one of them out (got the other three FF teams right).
The games (especially this weekend) have been bananas. I hope we get to see Illinois vs. NC in the final - should be a throwdown.

This has been one of the best rounds of basketball EVER! They've just been so close or had huge comebacks and great play by all eight teams. Anyone else agree?

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']This has been one of the best rounds of basketball EVER! They've just been so close or had huge comebacks and great play by all eight teams. Anyone else agree?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Not a turd among those 8 teams. Great viewing, took me away from Beyond Good & Evil and this site.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey crash,, who is that person in your sig?

He looks just like one of the villians in Bible Man. Except without the makeup.[/QUOTE]

You mean my avatar? That's Preperation H Raymond from Conan O'Brien's show.

UNC beats MSU to make it Illinois vs. UNC in the championship game. I'm looking for UNC to sweep the Big Ten and pick up the title with it.

If Illinois wins... I finish 1st in my pool, which will be about $2,000. I'm nervous already.

With how Illinois played today though, I'm pretty confident.

It's all bittersweet for me. The sweet part, of course, is that Illinois has made it to the National Championship game and would be unbeaten if not for the 1 point loss to OSU.

The bitter part is that they had to do it after I moved away from Illinois. Champaign was an hour and a half drive one way, and St. Louis, location of the Final Four, was an hour and a half in the other direction.

With the amazing technology of the Scenario Generator, we already have the winners lists. Now we just need the game to determine who wins!

I believe we'll be having the top 3 winners get prizes. With the winner getting his choice of 4 of the 8 prizes, 2nd place getting to pick two of the last 4 prizes, and the third place getting the remaining two games. If you donated a prize to the pool and are in the top three, then you can't choose you're own donation so that it will be given to another person.

Be sure to check out the game on Monday at 9:21 PM EST.

If UNC wins, it'll be:

1. rmoushon
2. CrashSpyro123
3. mjkusy13

If Illinois wins, it'll be:

1. thetshell
2. gtguru
3. ZenithianLegend

So, you better be rooting for your team and watching the big game.

If you bothered watching the game, the UNC Tar Heels won the National Championship! Here's the winners of the pool! I'll be sending out a PM for rmoushon to pick out his 4 prizes, then I will pick two, and mjkusy13 will get what's left. Congrats on making great pics.

1. rmoushon
2. CrashSpyro123
3. mjkusy13

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']If you bothered watching the game, the UNC Tar Heels won the National Championship! Here's the winners of the pool! I'll be sending out a PM for rmoushon to pick out his 4 prizes, then I will pick two, and mjkusy13 will get what's left. Congrats on making great pics.

1. rmoushon
2. CrashSpyro123
3. mjkusy13[/QUOTE]

Thanks CS, I Pm'd you with details.

I assume I'm paying (preferably Paypal) all the S/H costs for the contributors, and will work it out once I get all the details. Thanks! (and thanks to the basketball gods for putting a lid over the Ill. basket that last minute, I was biting nails.)

Illinois was sooooo close......anyhow, congratulations to the winners! And also a big thanks to killswitch64 and CrashSpyro123 for setting this up and handling all of the details!

bread's done
Back