CAG Marketplace Now Accessible to CAG Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, if you initiate a trade with someone who is not in the beta, they can't see the trade details.

Maybe there is a way to add people to the beta as they have trade deals setup?

i'm trying this out on the field.
I've got a "match" with someone (dont know if he's into the beta or not...), when i click to enter the trade i see that particular user has the matched game, but has another 2 games in my wish list... it's ok, but isn't the system supposed to alert me for every single match? (even if from a single user)... maybe i'm not considering something here.
much important thing also, in the ADDRESS field it defaults me to UK as Country, when i actually (and consistently too :p) live in Italy. Is the system not geared toward continental EU caggers?

Where do you want feedback on this to go? Ah, hell, I'll just throw some here.

I like the concept, but it's ambitious, and as always, I worry about abuse and dispute resolution. I like that it presents refined, standardized trade lists, and a way to search them near-instantly for what you want. But I worry about stupid children and other morons. They screw up trading via message board trade lists, and they screw up Goozex trades, even with the point system, all on a regular basis.

So I'm hesitant to jump head-first into the CAG Marketplace, not because there might be a bug here and there. Rather, I want to see what happens when it is stress-tested against unpredictable, stupid users. I'm not sure the beta's going to be enough to cover that.

That said, I have some suggestions:

1. I think that when you enable a game for trade, it should take you to a secondary page that forces you to describe condition before the game can be offered. I really do not like "As New"--it's too open to interpretation, and too close to "New/Sealed". I'd replace it with either "Near Mint" or "Light Use", and then force users to always provide a detailed description of condition, with a suggestion nearby, encouraging the mention of scratches, creases in the manual, and so on.

2. I don't care much for the "Summary" page in another user's Wish List as it is now. It would be much more useful if it summarized that user's offered games by system. That way, if someone doesn't deal in Wii games, and sees a Wish List with nothing BUT Wii games on the summary, time is saved. :D

3. Common game peripherals, such as gamepads and memory cards, would be a nice addition to the database.

4. I know lots of CAGs use their trade lists for more than just videogames--items such as anime/gaming figurines and posters, DVDs, Blu-ray, PC parts, comic books and more. I think the best solution would be if the Marketplace TL had an option to display a big, fat link at the top to the user's old-school TL (or even a board post of the user's choice), with the post title as the name of the link. That way, users could tailor the title of their forum post to fit nicely at the top of their marketplace TL, if they wanted. For example, if a user was running a lowball auction in their forum TL, the top of their Marketplace TL could have a big fat link that says, "Check Out Someguy6108's Lowball Sale, LIVE NOW!"

Or you could just leave everything the way it is, and I won't use it. :D

- S

I like it a lot. I've been looking for a better way to search for games forever. Just a few suggestions:

1) Pics of your collection, so people can actually get a visual of what exactly you're offering.

2) The Add a Game Search should either eliminate games you've already added to your wishlist or allow for more results. I want to add the original Resident Evil for PS1, and can't all the other Resident Evil games invade the results list.

3) Will feedback transfer? I don't really wanna start over with my feedback.

4) How would we conduct lowballs, a CAG staple, with this marketplace? I would die if CAG was lowball-less.

I'm liking it so far but I'm having trouble adding some games to my collection list. Certain ones like Final Fantasy X aren't showing up when I search to add. Wondering if there was a way to add them on your own.

[quote name='dodgeme']I'm liking it so far but I'm having trouble adding some games to my collection list. Certain ones like Final Fantasy X aren't showing up when I search to add. Wondering if there was a way to add them on your own.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is.
Just click the Game Collection icon and stroll down to Submit a GAme and do it there. Just make sure its not on the list.

When does the list of people that own a game feature actually start working for beta or normal people? The link is dead and just reverts back to the same default beta page.

I'm working on transferring my collection from my trade list thread to the marketplace. I will post some feedback once I've had some more time using it.

I am getting "You already have an offer pending to this user, submitting a new one will overwrite your existing offer." when I check out a few of my matches. Wondering if they sent me trades requests, but I can't find anywhere were it says they did or if it is some other bug.

is the marketplace filtered by region?!? i mean, i'm on the UK cag train, but i keep seeing the same offering users (2 i mean "two" yes) for my wishlist in the last 3 days or so... which is not exactly exciting (mainstream games mostly, c'mon).
i sense a "Goozex.eu" effect, again :)

I rarely get offers, and I do not like having to enter my shipping address and such to just send offers to people. I would just like to communicate.

added some known issues to the OP

[quote name='babaz75']is the marketplace filtered by region?!? i mean, i'm on the UK cag train, but i keep seeing the same offering users (2 i mean "two" yes) for my wishlist in the last 3 days or so... which is not exactly exciting (mainstream games mostly, c'mon).
i sense a "Goozex.eu" effect, again :)[/QUOTE]Would it make sense to have you able to be matched with people in the USA? High shipping costs and different versions of games would not be a great combination.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I rarely get offers, and I do not like having to enter my shipping address and such to just send offers to people. I would just like to communicate.[/QUOTE]One reason you rarely get offers because this is a closed beta! I'm pretty sure people don't see your address unless a trade is accepted. I'll look into it.

[quote name='CheapyD']

One reason you rarely get offers because this is a closed beta! I'm pretty sure people don't see your address unless a trade is accepted. I'll look into it.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, the closed beta probably won't have many people.

Thanks for looking into the address thing.

[quote name='CheapyD']added some known issues to the OP
Would it make sense to have you able to be matched with people in the USA? High shipping costs and different versions of games would not be a great combination.
[/QUOTE]

sorry, my poor grip on english had me got misunderstood!

i was asking the USA thing just to understand why so few people were actually using the marketplace. I understand it DOES get filtered by region, it makes pretty sense. But *please* do not limit that to UK alone, let it be at least a Pan european trade thing. Am i the only cagger from italy? weird

i feared the "Goozex.eu" effect, where they almost screwed everything up by unreasonably locking up to single country trading by default... all of a sudden a just blossoming trading route inbetween european countries got axed, leaving just some UK traders active. and much everyone else wandering alone in the flat field... no good, i passed a good part of my summer time ranting about such foolines on their forum
maybe we need more detailed information about such a new (and poweful) tool?
thanks

I got a PM telling me another member set up an offer, but I can't see it anyway since I'm not in the beta yet. How strange to let beta users be able to offer a trade with non-betas.

[quote name='smashedfly']I got a PM telling me another member set up an offer, but I can't see it anyway since I'm not in the beta yet. How strange to let beta users be able to offer a trade with non-betas.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem.:cry:

Is there any way to transfer iTrader feedback to the Marketplace? Looks like some people had theirs transferred.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back