CAG Medical: Whats wrong with (w)my wrist/watch?

PR Mega X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Alright, I'm seeking the advice of the CAG medical team for an annoying problem.

About 6 months ago, my wrist started to itch, right where I wear my watch. This is the same wrist and same brand watch (Iron Man, rubber strap) that I've been wearing for 20 years. In fact, I'd been wearing this exact watch for over a year. At first, I thought it was a bug bite. Not long after that, the entire area became red and itchy as hell. I stopped wearing the watch for a few days, and it eventually started to heal, but looked a bit dry in spots.

I went a few months without wearing it, and everything looked fine. I recently wiped the entire watch down with alcohol and tried wearing it for a day -- the rash came back. However, I tried it on my other wrist for a few hours and had no noticeable reaction. So, out of ideas, I come here: anyone ever have a problem like this, or have any recommendations? To get the obvious out of the way:

See a doctor: I tried, but it was going to cost me $150 after insurance.

Don't wear a watch/switch wrists: Go to hell! Its hard to break the habit, and I feel naked without it.

Stick it in her pooper: I don't see that solving the problem.

Thanks for any input!

Also, in regards to option number two, the smart thing that you could do is switch wrists for a day or two to see if a similar reaction occurs. If it does, ding ding, you're allergic to something in that watch.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Also, in regards to option number two, the smart thing that you could do is switch wrists for a day or two to see if a similar reaction occurs. If it does, ding ding, you're allergic to something in that watch.[/QUOTE]

I actually did try it on my other wrist -- it was only for a day at a time on two separate occasions, but there was no reaction at all.

Also: I think I'll hold off on the dookielube for now. It might solve one problem, but it would surely raise others.

wear the watch on your wang while sticking it in his/her pooper. If the watch gets lost you'll know it was never meant to be.

get a different watch strap material?

Did you try wearing a different watch? Maybe they used different material to make that watch that you are reacting to. Try a different watch on the same wrist and see what happens.
If that doesnt work then I agree with putting the watch on your wang and sticking it in her pooper.

Allergies can develop over time, or they added something to the watch that wasn't in previous ones that you are allergic to. This isn't rocket science.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Allergies can develop over time, or they added something to the watch that wasn't in previous ones that you are allergic to. This isn't rocket science.[/QUOTE]

/Thread

See you guys next time.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Allergies can develop over time, or they added something to the watch that wasn't in previous ones that you are allergic to. This isn't rocket science.[/QUOTE]

It's true. It's true.

I thought about an allergic reaction, but I thought it was strange that I could wear it on my other arm without a problem. I'll try it on my other arm for a longer period and see what happens.

To those who have suggested it: I haven't tried another watch yet. I don't have an extra on hand, and don't want to spend the cash for a new one if I'm going to end up with the same issue.

I hope my girlfriends ass can tell time...

Assumin allergic reaction isnt the case, try wearing the watch a little looser so you can adjust it. Maybe your skin isnt getting enough air or its causing moisture to build up allowing the rash to form. As a constant watch wearer, I would have similar stuff happen when the watch was too tight and stayed in one spot. Now I added an extra link to it and move it around (a little higher on the wrist, then slide it down slightly). Otherwise you can just try another watch. I remember having one with a leather band and it got itchy and stinky real quick so I stopped buying leather bands.

[quote name='tankass']Assumin allergic reaction isnt the case, try wearing the watch a little looser so you can adjust it. Maybe your skin isnt getting enough air or its causing moisture to build up allowing the rash to form. As a constant watch wearer, I would have similar stuff happen when the watch was too tight and stayed in one spot. Now I added an extra link to it and move it around (a little higher on the wrist, then slide it down slightly). Otherwise you can just try another watch. I remember having one with a leather band and it got itchy and stinky real quick so I stopped buying leather bands.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna put my money on this answer... as far as the moisture/watch too tight... years ago I used to have a job where my hands/arms were in water quite a bit and as I recall had similar problems with my ironman watch...

also you should be able to purchase another band for the watch instead of a new watch...

[quote name='tankass']Assumin allergic reaction isnt the case, try wearing the watch a little looser so you can adjust it. Maybe your skin isnt getting enough air or its causing moisture to build up allowing the rash to form. As a constant watch wearer, I would have similar stuff happen when the watch was too tight and stayed in one spot. Now I added an extra link to it and move it around (a little higher on the wrist, then slide it down slightly). Otherwise you can just try another watch. I remember having one with a leather band and it got itchy and stinky real quick so I stopped buying leather bands.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll give this a shot!

[quote name='binici']Buy real watches? Don't settle for fake imitation brands...[/QUOTE]

I'll have you know, this is an official Iron...Mon. Crap.

[quote name='Afflicted']also you should be able to purchase another band for the watch instead of a new watch...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried replacing the band on my last watch after it gave out. It was a total bitch bag, and I never could get the damn thing to stay in for more than a few hours.

Sounds like it could be eczema, you can get red rashy areas where it occurs and after it clears up the skin will be dry and rough afterward. Try using lotion on the afflicted spot.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Sounds like it could be eczema, you can get red rashy areas where it occurs and after it clears up the skin will be dry and rough afterward. Try using lotion on the afflicted spot.[/QUOTE]

After 3 days of wearing the watch on my other wrist, I've had no reaction at all. That description of eczema definitely sounds like what I"m experiencing -- I'll try some lotion. Thanks for the tip!

bread's done
Back