CAG Mobile, AKA styleid #9

schwartzvald

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
I have been using a netbook more and more to access the internet, because it's light and it has a less crash-prone SSD. But it's not very powerful, and it's damned near impossible to upgrade it, or even its browser, due to lack of space and closed source linux drivers.

Then I found out about using styleid=9, and while I really dig the mobile layout, there's some really annoying issues with it.

The big one is editing threads. When you try to edit a post from the mobile interface, the entire post shows up in HTML code in the edit box. I assume this is the way the vBulletin skin is written. It'd be nice if it showed up in BB code instead, considering most of the CAG forums do not support HTML posting.

Second, I understand that searching can't be as robust in a mobile mode, but it would be nice to simply have the option to pick a forum to search in. In fact, currently, I can bop over to search.php?styleid=1, pick a forum, switch to styleid=9 in another tab to default it in the cookies, then go back and hit "search" get my forum-specific results in mobile. So maybe this wouldn't be too hard to implement?

The last thing is minor... when clicking on a thread title in mobile mode, it takes you to the last page of the thread, instead of the first, like in styleid=1. Since most info on CAG is edited into the first page of a thread, this really doesn't work well. Playing devil's advocate, I'd say "just click the little number 1 beneath the title", but it's a lot smaller of a target than the thread name.

I know fixing any of this is a lot to ask, considering CAG 2.0 is the priority right now. Would it help if I kissed ass? :D

bread's done
Back