CAG MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Online Night [ Canceled Tonight ]

To also let everyone know, I should still be on although there's an important basketball game on (my college basketball team is playing against bornrunnin31's college basketball team). If I'm a little late, do not worry.

Freaky, of COURSE, is a natural. I got the trouble-making out of my system during the big rig race @ caldera as I took out all three's of ya's at the beginning and hit a damn good line the rest of the way. I paid for it the rest of the night as I was usually bringing up the rear but it's always worth it at least once :D

I hate ATVs... :bomb:

I've taken a little break from doing the Festival races, and had begun doing the developer's times. I did all of the Bike times and started doing ATVs next, but my God... They are awful to do time trials in! >_<

They suck at steering, and they tip over way to easily. I can't even beat the first ATV developer, 'cause I keep crashing. :(

I dunno if I can platinum this now... @_@ *sniff*

Hmm.. I'm not even remotely close to getting platinum trophies on any games. It was a pleasure to get the platinum on Burnout though. I wish more games offered trophies for exploring the gameplay rather than accomplishing impossible tasks, but I guess to each their own. I don't think I've played Motorstorm more than three times other than popping it in for CAG night, but I have such a blast it's the only game I show up for religiously. :D

I don't have problems with fingers slipping off the controller.. maybe its good I never got a 360 because the only other controllers I use are Nintendo (Wii/Gamecube) and it's easy to just blow them off as crappy Nintendo controllers (love the 1st party games, hate the controllers since SNES).

Ah.. you guys are pulling me away from some good Saints Row 2 fun. I'll be in.. I eluded the update last week but I'm downloading it at the moment.

I was wondering where option was too? Sorry no headset, not much to say though. I felt bad about taking you out twice on that one map, TMK, but I absolutely live for that stuff and it made my week :D

Thanks to lolwaut, I found the trick to getting the Friendship trophy. I only had 3 PS3 controllers, but wondered what I could do for a 4th. Here is what I did. I turned on three regular controllers along with my RB guitar. I just used the RB guitar to select a vehicle, then didn't do anything the rest of the game (only controlled one vehicle). I ended up getting the trophy too although only one finished.

So if people have accessories, use them.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Thanks to lolwaut, I found the trick to getting the Friendship trophy. I only had 3 PS3 controllers, but wondered what I could do for a 4th. Here is what I did. I turned on three regular controllers along with my RB guitar. I just used the RB guitar to select a vehicle, then didn't do anything the rest of the game (only controlled one vehicle). I ended up getting the trophy too although only one finished.

So if people have accessories, use them.[/quote]

Yup, that what I did to get the trophy as well, but I used two guitars when I unlocked it; I used both the GH and RB guitars. I did the same last Friday during Warhawk, with disastrous results (I forgot the guitars did not have analog sticks... so I couldn't move. :lol: ). ;)

Thanks MK for hosting as always. I'll be sure to make it tonight. Also look forward to an improved voice chat. I really hate talking to myself, haha.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Well, I'll laugh at you, since it's not the Killzone 2 thread... ;)[/quote]

I know, but it was brought up during CAG MS night so I figured I'd make good on it. I'd be embarassed if our group was much bigger than it is.

[quote name='QiG']I know, but it was brought up during CAG MS night so I figured I'd make good on it. I'd be embarassed if our group was much bigger than it is.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeahh, that's right... No wonder it's up here then. In that case, I think those goggles and breathing tube make Killzone 2 look pretty cool. ;)

[quote name='BREVITY']Did you send me a FR Mana? If not I will send you one. I should be on with this and KZ2 tonight.[/QUOTE]Go ahead, I just opened a few slots today on my friends list finally (there's one open slot left), more to come.

In for tonight.. and just because you guys love the 4 maybe 5 sentences I spit out a week I'm charging my headset to make sure it doesn't die 5 minutes in again ;)

Good games (my first online with this game). Headset issues to start. Maybe not the best headset or it may have been an online issue. Either way it was fun. Tnx guys. Hit me up any time for more of this.

[quote name='BREVITY']Good games (my first online with this game). Headset issues to start. Maybe not the best headset or it may have been an online issue. Either way it was fun. Tnx guys. Hit me up any time for more of this.[/QUOTE]Thanks a lot for coming Brevity. You are more than welcome to play with us each week. :D

That was pretty fun everyone and thanks a lot for showing up and beating me badly. :lol:

[quote name='option.iv']Good games tonight. I just got pushed around when I was an atv going up against larger vehicles.[/quote]

As always! You had everyone cracking up by picking the atv by accident. Kind of upset that I was rocking it on either Cascade Falls or Razorback in the Monster truck in 1st place until I turned a corner and saw all four of you coming in from a different path and all of a sudden I was in 5th. Bad route I guess.

Went the Monster Truck route whenever I could and tested the Sugar Rush shortcut by cutting through the field and it worked like a charm as long as you have enough boost. And yes I caused a bit of havok and fulfilled my weekly tradition of getting at least one good punch in.. surprised at how well I do when I'm not trying harder to raise hell.

Nooo, I missed tonight's races! ;_;

I wanted to get more of the casual races done, since I just need the online trophies to platinum this game. ;)

MotorStorm: PR is being moved to Wednesday, next week, but will continue to start at 9pm EST. I'm doing this because it just seems to work out much better to swap R2 and MotorStorm: PR around. GTAIV will still be at 10pm EST on Wednesday oh course, so this will be before it.

bread's done
Back