CAG NBA 2K9 League: Cavs and Celtics open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GoodFella-

CAGiversary!
VISIT THE CAG 2K9 LEAGUE HOMEPAGE. KEEP TRACK OF SCORES, STATS, SCHEDULES, LEAGUE LEADERS,STANDINGS,ETC.

Update

This will make your played league games count; You will need to have an account on the 2Ksports website in order to manage your schedule (you cannot change it directly on your 360 console) setting up an account takes about 5 minutes. You can register on the league page also, just click on the link above.

Also, in order for 2K sports to recognize the league games that you played you must choose the "send challenge" option when you are in the league lobby and are getting ready to play against an opponent. DO NOT CHOOSE the "send custom challenge" option or else your match will not count! I have no control over this....blame it on 2K sports and their crazy ways :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not true flex scheduling because you can't play against anybody you want in the league at anytime. Id call it quasi flex scheduling. You have to manually add the matchup to your game Que.

[quote name='Tris10 from the 2K Sports Team']Hello Everyone,

We have added an addition to the online leagues for NBA 2K9 and NHL 2K9 to allow users to emulate the revered "Flex schedule" feature. For those who do not know what "Flex Schedule" is, it basically allows any game in a league to be played in any order. This should make our played games count since they are being scheduled to be played.

The "Flex Schedule Que" addition will allow the same end result. The difference is each team has a "que" of games in which they can play. If a user wants to play a game in a different order then they simply move the game they wish to play into their "que". The limitations are each teams que can not exceed 5 games and must have at least 1 game in their que.

Commish's: To turn on "Flex Schedule Que" for your league

1. Login to 2ksports.com and goto your leagues home page.
2. Click "Admin" from your leagues menu system
3. Click "League Options"
4. You will see a button to turn on flex schedule que, click this button

Please note this feature can not be undone. So please consider carefully if you wish to enable this feature for your league

For users: If you are in a league that has "Flex Schedule Que" turned on, to manage your que is simple.

1. Login to 2ksports.com and goto your leagues home page
2. Hover over the "My Team" menu option, a drop down will appear
3. In the drop down, click "Edit schedule"

There are 2 boxes, the first box is your "Que", games you can play at any time. The second box is all other games. Simply move games in and out of your que to play them as you see fit. It is advised you edit your schedule while your and your opponents console is not online. If it is, we recommend a fresh reboot to ensure all stats record correctly.

We apologize to all our fans who have enjoyed the "Flex schedule" feature and hope this addition represents our commitment to always improving our products and our commitment to our fans and community.[/quote]

[quote name='Member RipZz from the 2K Boards'] dunno if this was posted but this should be stikied till a fix is out hopefully soon

1. Have a schedule generated.
2. Suppose you and another player from the league is online but you don't have a game in this weeks 5 game schedule.
3. You go to the 2k league website. community.2ksports.com (make sure your game is linked to the site, there is another thread on how to do this it's pretty easy)
4. Now both players must go to My Team->Edit Schedule
5. Then both players must remove a game from the que.
6. Then each player must add the other persons team to the Que.
7. You can play eachother.

This was tested at operationsports.com
[/quote]

Conference & Division breakdown - (click on the 360 icon to send the user a Xbox live PM)

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic Division

Celtics – Available
Raptors - BigAT
Cavs - Pending
Knicks - knightsdwn
Bulls – sstyler24

Southeast Division
Pistons - XXXplosive1
Heat – cbarg84
Magic – GuilewasNK
Wizards – GoodFella
Hawks

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Pacific Division

Lakers – Matt Young
Suns – Immortal fWd
Clippers - shinryuu
Blazers - FrankySox
Nuggets - dudedizzle27

Midwest Division
Spurs - ai03mj23
Rockets - DisturbedZen
Hornets - MSUHitman
Jazz – Pending
Mavericks - elpolloestupendo

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot me. I wanted the Hawks. Actually I wanted the Hornets but they were taken.

Again, I think as a first go round we should limit the amount of teams....if it goes well we can always add more people. Start with a good core of people that play regularly and then expand. That way we can already have a system in place, get to know who is on when, etc etc.

Just a suggestions.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yo I want the Hornets lead by the true MVP of last season.

Oops someone already took them. I will take the Hawks then.

EDIT: (not intended to be a bash on the Hornets owner) We really need a new thread so it is easier to do this. Also, not to be a dick but can you really call a team when you dont actually have the game yet? I am really fine with having the Hawks but calling a team while waiting for the TRU sale seems kinda unfair to the people who already have it and want to call the same team. Just a thought. Just seems strange that you can say, "I call the Thunder.....have no idea when I will get the game."

Also, we might want to look at all of the Madden leagues that went on this year and learn from their mistakes. None of them worked well with a full league. Maybe we should decided how many teams we are going to have and keep it small?[/quote]

Well if you read my post when I picked the Hornets, I decided to get the game today with some trades at Gamestop. Reason being was the trade 2 get $10 deal with a few games I had on Goozex as I really couldn't afford buying 2 games (and getting 1 free) during the TRU sale next week. First time I won't be buying anything during that sale since 2002 (did they even have it then?)

I've bought every version of NBA2K since 2K2 so I'll definately be there for every game. I was also in the NHL 2K7 league and MLB The Show 08 league here on CAG.

I do agree with you that it looks like we may have too many teams. It probably shouldn't be more than 16.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I do feel 23 teams is a little much. Probably should be leagues of 12-16.[/QUOTE]

23? Where do you get that number? I count 17 on the list, add ivanctorres and that makes 18.

How about 20 teams? or have another CAG league run simultaneously with ours and have the winners of both play for the championship?

I'd think maybe the best option would be two leagues of 10 teams each. If you did it that way, more people could have their first choice fora team and (I think) be less likely to drop out in the middle. Although that could make a championship between the two leagues difficult, if the same team won both leagues. We could also have a league of 10 Eastern Conference teams and a league of 10 Western Conference teams.

Just throwing it out there. Basically, I think it would be easier to have a couple leagues with fewer teams than one giant league.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll take the Warriors. Unless the Celtics open up.

Can you drop teams from the league without needing replacements? I think you can. If so, we could do the 20 teams and then you could kick anyone who doesn't follow the rules and play their games in a timely manner.

Let me just give something for everyone to worry about:
Young backcourt of Bayless/Fernandez
Big rebounders/shot blockers/inside scoring with Aldridge and ODEN!

if that wasn't enough I'll have 2006-2007 ROY Brandon Roy playing in the middle, SCARY!

EDIT: We need to get a handle on these teams. Both the Madden and NCAA leagues I were in didn't work because people just wouldn't play. It seems like our NHL league is working great right now and there are about 12 teams with owners that are dedicated to playing. As of now I don't see any people in here that I've had problems with in other leagues, so looks good to me and I can't wait to get started...

...only 10 seconds left in the fourth and the Blazers are up by 42, they dump it into Oden. He goes for the backdown on Garnett, this would be amazing to see the Blazers pull off a 44 point victory. Oden dishes it out to a wide open Roy in 3-land........THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECOLA. Blazers win by 45 do you believe in mircales.......YES!

I don't post here a lot but I'm in for the league for sure. I'm on almost every night so playing games won't be an issue.

Heat = 1st choice
Spurs = 2nd choice

Limit it to 24, whoever gets stuck with bad teams and gets ran out of the gym every game isn't going to want to finish.

Even 24 is too much, but a bunch of people have already signed up...

I don't think there's been an nba league that ever finished on cag either...

If we have two leagues of 12, almost everyone will be able to have teams they want... and then if people start dropping out, we can just merge them or something. If everyone keeps playing, fine, but if not, we can fix it. Seems like the better plan to me.

How about this guys?:

20 Teams

4 divisions, each one having 5 teams. Play your opponents twice (home/away) - 8 games total
Note: this way it's much easier to set up matches with other players since you'll only have to play against people in your division. Easier to set up games against 4 players instead of 19 :)

Top 2 teams in division advance to playoffs.

Playoffs: 8 teams total, best of 3 series

Final: best of 5 series

Let me know if come up with something better or if we can change it around.

Save me a spot. I'll be the... Thunder.

EDIT: Uh, looks like spots may be filled since someone requested before me. D'oh.

Whoever was going to be the commish start it up.

I say 7 minute quarters on Superstar, 32 game season. Doing the division thing would be way too hard to set up, and if there's more people to play that means more people are bound to be on at the same time so it SHOULD be easier to get some games in.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']How about this guys?:

20 Teams

4 divisions, each one having 5 teams. Play your opponents twice (home/away) - 8 games total
Note: this way it's much easier to set up matches with other players since you'll only have to play against people in your division. Easier to set up games against 4 players instead of 19 :)

Top 2 teams in division advance to playoffs.

Playoffs: 8 teams total, best of 3 series

Final: best of 5 series

Let me know if come up with something better or if we can change it around.[/QUOTE]

I like everything except I'd suggest expanding the regular season. We need to play more than just 4 opponents in a 20 team league. I propose this:

8 games against division (each team twice)
8 games against different divisions- 1 each against 4 teams from division X, 1 each against 4 etams from division Y

16 games total. Not too few; not too many.

Oh yeah- Thanks, LinkinPrime!

I like that idea Matt Young.

All I have to say is the smaller the league the more likely it will to actually get finished.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Is it even possible to set it up like that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is possible. I'm able to name and create divisons ( 4 max) and also name the conferences.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']So are you guys sticking with 19 teams? Like I said on the first page of the thread, I'd like to join and I'd take the Warriors, if there's space...[/QUOTE]

You're in :), updated the OP with the 20 members.

Nothing against elpolloestupendo, but what about shinryuu and the other guy who requested spots before him?

GoodFella, you said you could set it up the way I suggested, but what do you personally think of my idea?

- 20 game regular season
- Playoffs will be best of 3 series
- Finals will be best of 5 series

11 estern conference teams
9 western conference teams

Note: I had to send one team from the east to the west to even out the divisions. Tha's why the Bulls are in the midwest divison.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Atlantic Division

Celtics – JDMx8
Raptors - BigAT
Cavs - MaskedPlague
Knicks - knightsdwn
Nets - ivanctorres

Southeast Division
Pistons - XXXplosive1
Heat – cbarg84
Magic – GuilewasNK
Wizards – GoodFella
Hawks - Soodmeg

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Pacific Division
Lakers – Matt Young
Suns – Immortal fWd
Clippers - ighosty
Blazers - FrankySox
Warriors - elpolloestupendo

Midwest Division

Mavericks – Poor2More
Rockets – Pure Apathy
Hornets - MSUHitman
Bulls – sstyler24
Jazz – Renegade_Zero

[quote name='Matt Young']Nothing against elpolloestupendo, but what about shinryuu and the other guy who requested spots before him?

GoodFella, you said you could set it up the way I suggested, but what do you personally think of my idea?[/QUOTE]

The spots were screwed up when the thread was merged with the other one and pollo's request came before the other 2 (post # 12)

Love your idea, matter of fact that's what I originally wanted to do but I thought it would be a hassle trying to set up games against everybody, but since the majority wants to play more games and play against everybody I got no problems with it :)

BTW, could somebody create a banner so I can upload it to the league website? something simple that makes us stand out?, I'm tired of seeing Kevin Garnett's pic on the front page :)

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']So when can we start this up ?[/QUOTE]

Several of us are not getting the game until next week due to the TRU sale. I'm getting it probably on Wednesday, or Tuesday if TRU gets saints Row 2 in then.

Any chance you can add the two players that got left out or does that mess with the numbers? I mean it's not like 20 players got left out, it was just two. Just a thought. Thanks.

If not, I can be an alternate if someone is not playing their games in a timely manner.:)

[quote name='ai03mj23']Any chance you can add the two players that got left out or does that mess with the numbers? I mean it's not like 20 players got left out, it was just two. Just a thought. Thanks.

If not, I can be an alternate if someone is not playing their games in a timely manner.:)[/QUOTE]

I can do that. I'll have you and shinryuu as reserves in case we have people drop out.

[quote name='sstyler24']how do i list my xbl name under my name, my name is sstyler24 just like my cag name though[/QUOTE]

Click on your name to go to your profile. In the "about me" section, click on the xbl tag, fill in your tag and save it.

I should be able to get a copy of the game by this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I'll let you know when I do GoodFella so you can resend that invitation.

I will join the league on Sunday when I have a chance to log on to XBL. I might not be able to play very many games at all until around November. If that is a problem for you guys then let me know and I can give my spot to someone else as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back