CAG needs a Hall of Shame

[quote name='confoosious']+1[/QUOTE]

All credit goes to you for the idea. CAG has lost so many epic posts because of how out of place they are... the idea truly is genius.

make it happen! maybe even at the end of the year, we have a thread w/ a Poll for the top 5-10, like the annual Cheapy Awards. You could the 'biggest dumass of the year'!!

[quote name='georox']All credit goes to you for the idea. CAG has lost so many epic posts because of how out of place they are... the idea truly is genius.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I get the feeling it won't happen though. CAG is the no fun league sometimes. I sometimes think they care more about getting more members and referral fees than actually being the fun and slightly weird community i signed up for... oh so long ago.

We'll just post this thread every time some newb starts some bullshit thread in the deal forums. See how long this thread gets.

[quote name='georox']All credit goes to you for the idea. CAG has lost so many epic posts because of how out of place they are... the idea truly is genius.[/QUOTE]

The "oragee" thread comes to mind. It was seriously truly epic, and I feel bad for anyone who missed it.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The "oragee" thread comes to mind. It was seriously truly epic, and I feel bad for anyone who missed it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that one offhand.

My favorite of all time was some newb posted in the deals forum that he was looking for some game.

And someone replied "In 4 500!"

And he replied "No, I want one."

Alas, if we had a HoS, I'd be able to reread that exchange.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The "oragee" thread comes to mind. It was seriously truly epic, and I feel bad for anyone who missed it.[/QUOTE]

Oh god. I think I posted most of that thread as a blog.... I miss that thread :( I had someone I know in real-life posting to it too... we were sitting there laughing all night at how stupid that bastard was.

Yes, I'll pay 50 dollars for one!

I can't see this happening though, because differentiating between "comedic gold" and "abusive flaming" can be kind of hard, and highlighting one thread or the other for it could cause even more problems.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']Yes, I'll pay 50 dollars for one!

I can't see this happening though, because differentiating between "comedic gold" and "abusive flaming" can be kind of hard, and highlighting one thread or the other for it could cause even more problems.[/QUOTE]

Abusive flaming *is* comedic gold, provided the victim is a dumbass..

i dont think CheapyD would approve of it personal, besides people do stupid shit and regret it later.. unless your name is SilentRob

Well I can say that this is extremely annoying, especially if the thread is on the front page:

Message Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Can someone clear up what happened in the thread the OP linked?

[quote name='Rozz']Can someone clear up what happened in the thread the OP linked?[/QUOTE]

some guy was trying to rip people off by selling live accounts, halo 50's, COD 10th prestiges, 12 months and point cards etc.

I'm going to disagree and I've got a few reasons why.

First, I don't think we should do anything to encourage these kinds of posts. There are those who seek any kind of attention they can get and I believe such a thing would be a goal or highpoint of their CAG life.

Second, I, personally, really hate when someone posts in the wrong forum or such and, instead of simply "Reporting to Moderator", there's about twenty replies like "In 4 1" or other crap.

We don't need a gutter.

On another forum I am part of, we had a Hall of Shame back log of numerous fail/lol/etc threads that are embedded into that forums history. Of course when the site was upgraded we lost it but it did not actually promote what you unclebob think it will. It actually got them to change their ways because ending up in that thread was huge embarrassment. And most shameful threads were voted on by staff and nominated by members so only the cream of the crop went in.

PS. You could also do this if you don't already have a Hall of Fame but you guys have CAG awards I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back