CAG NFL Season Discussion

To add to this the patriots would need more than a minute to get into position to score. Every gain was in increments of 6-15, there were no deep threats going at all. As a Pats fan I thought we were done after yet another crazy catch, The Hawks coaches really handed it to us there.

Also I haven't seen it reported much, but was it just me or did the Pats look like they were going to take a safety there in the end zone? I really didn't have much confidence that they were going to move the ball out of the end zone there.

Last edited by a moderator:
To add to this the patriots would need more than a minute to get into position to score. Every gain was in increments of 6-15, there were no deep threats going at all. As a Pats fan I thought we were done after yet another crazy catch, The Hawks coaches really handed it to us there.

Also I haven't seen it reported much, but was it just me or did the Pats look like they were going to take a safety there in the end zone? I really didn't have much confidence that they were going to move the ball out of the end zone there.
yea and the Seahawks choked again by encroaching. then the next play was the fight, literally the Seahawks showed their true colors in the final 30 seconds.

Changing the topic of the dumb play, how da heck did Tom Baby  get the MVP? Edelman and even the guy who made the interception deserve it more. But you know, its good for business giving it to him.

Changing the topic of the dumb play, how da heck did Tom Baby get the MVP? Edelman and even the guy who made the interception deserve it more. But you know, its good for business giving it to him.
Agreed, in no for sure way did Brady win that game for NE, he had an amazing 4th quarter, but Edelmen and Butler deserved it more.

Changing the topic of the dumb play, how da heck did Tom Baby get the MVP? Edelman and even the guy who made the interception deserve it more. But you know, its good for business giving it to him.

Agreed, in no for sure way did Brady win that game for NE, he had an amazing 4th quarter, but Edelmen and Butler deserved it more.
I've been hearing a number of people say this and while I think Edelman would have been a solid choice I dont see how you dont give it to Brady. Look at his 4th quarter numbers...13/15 2 TD's, 0 INT's, leads them back from 10 down...how do you get more valuable than that?

I've been hearing a number of people say this and while I think Edelman would have been a solid choice I dont see how you dont give it to Brady. Look at his 4th quarter numbers...13/15 2 TD's, 0 INT's, leads them back from 10 down...how do you get more valuable than that?
Brady broke Montana's record.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but most of the work was done by his receivers. All he did was throw short passes that aren't that difficult or impressive. I don't think he deserved this more than Edelman or Butler (thanks for mentioning his name bestkeeper14 ;) )

Not just 4th quarter numbers. 37/50 for over 300 yards and 4 TDs in the game. 37 completions and 21 passing first downs are both Super Bowl records. I'm not a Brady fan and I like to see non QBs win awards, but it's hard to say he didn't deserve it.

Not just 4th quarter numbers. 37/50 for over 300 yards and 4 TDs in the game. 37 completions and 21 passing first downs are both Super Bowl records. I'm not a Brady fan and I like to see non QBs win awards, but it's hard to say he didn't deserve it.
I hate Brady and his stupid face, but I have to agree. He played very well, especially on that last drive.

But it's not like New England wouldn't have the goal line unit in on 3rd and 4th downs. Running it 3 times for 1 yard for about as sure of a TD as you can get vs the Patriots having to make a highly unlikely drive down just to tie the game. Much like the call itself, his explanations make no sense.
The one defense I have for Seattle is that hindsight is 20/20. If Butler doesn't break on the ball as well as he did, Lockette would surely have sealed the game for them with the TD. If they win, everybody would have praised them for how smart they were to pass on the Patriots goal line package. It's easy to argue when you have access to the results. Carroll pointed it out that obviously, nobody knew the result of the play until it already happened. It would have made more sense to run but that's just the way the game is played.

I thought Edelman was a beast yesterday. He really opened up my eyes as to how good of a receiver he is. The way he took that one blast by Chancellor in the middle yet was able to still get up and run down the field was the most eye popping play for my money. Chancellor hits like a freight truck. He's knocked big guys like Mike Tolbert the huge Panthers fullback on his ass before.

Brady was the MVP. Stop guys.
I don't know...I could see a case being made for Edelman. Sure, Brady had to make the throws, but you can argue that for any QB in any Super Bowl. Edelman did a hell of a job running his routes and getting open. That inside/backpedal cut he made for the final TD (and the blown Brady throw before it) was an ankle breaking type of move. Not to mention his reception over the middle where he got smashed by Chancellor. In a lot of ways, he was the reason the Pats offense kept moving.

In addition to that, had the Seahawks ran the ball and scored, people would have been pointing to Brady's two INTs as the reason New England lost. It just feels a little disengenous him being the "reason they won" when he also could have been looked at as the "reason they lost". At least for Edelman's part, he basically played a flawless game.

Think Brady has a few more seasons left? He's getting up there in age
If they can keep him from getting knocked around I think he'd be able to do 2-3 more years in an offense run similar to this years where the majority of the passes are short crossing or out routes with the occasional deep ball.

He has thrown some ducks though. I would like to see him go out on top... not sure if the Pat's have another Super Bowl run in them but then again... AFC

Edit: I would love to see Bill sub in the backup though in games that were already decided in the 3rd/4th quarter. I'm not sure if it's his call or Brady's but he never ever takes him out.

In a pretty cool move, Brady gave the truck that came with the MVP award to Malcolm Butler.
That was nice of him, but he probably didn't really want a small Chevy truck anyway. I always thought it was funny when they give normal cars to the Super Bowl MVP. I think Kurt Warner got a Pontiac Aztek.

That was nice of him, but he probably didn't really want a small Chevy truck anyway. I always thought it was funny when they give normal cars to the Super Bowl MVP. I think Kurt Warner got a Pontiac Aztek.
He did, but I think he gave it away to a local high school chemistry teacher. I wonder what ever happened to it.

If we judge QBs by 4th quarter performances, Tebow would be a Hall of Famer.
If I was the commissioner, I would have put him there the day he was drafted.

I like Tebow, sad he didn't work out in the NFL. I think he's going to be alright though, he ended up with a pretty decent job.

If I was the commissioner, I would have put him there the day he was drafted.

I like Tebow, sad he didn't work out in the NFL. I think he's going to be alright though, he ended up with a pretty decent job.
Not sure if serious...

Seriously now though, I think Tebow should've been given a chance. The dude was/is better than a lot of backups and even some starters.

Not sure if serious...

Seriously now though, I think Tebow should've been given a chance. The dude was/is better than a lot of backups and even some starters.
Dead serious.

Usually I can be kinda sarcastic, but I really do like Tebow.

Look, the guy loves football, and he has a good job now reporting on it. Getting the chance to have Peyton Manning on your team pretty much makes anyone expendable. I don't blame the Broncos. It was good while it lasted.

(Trying to get us out of the argument before we get in.)

I think tebow would have still been in the NFL if he was with the jaguars before the jaguars commited to gabbert that one season. My girlfriend can throw better footballs then blaine gabbert, he's the worst quarterback ever.

I dunno... Seems kind of harsh since he had a few beers a few days after their season was over (and in 2015). I wonder if they had a set date since it seemed to me like he abided by the agreement of not drinking during their 2014 season.

He just misinterpreted the rules! :whee:

I think tebow would have still been in the NFL if he was with the jaguars before the jaguars commited to gabbert that one season. My girlfriend can throw better footballs then blaine gabbert, he's the worst quarterback ever.
Yet he basically had the exact same rookie year as Blake Bortles. If not arguably better.

Rumors swirling of possible player releases... includes, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Aldon Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Jake Long, and Tamba Hali to name a few....

Could be a big free agency due to cap mismanagement

Why is Tebow not in the league? He can will himself to score at anytime with the help of the all mighty. He would be the perfect backup for lots of teams. Jacksonville should have drafted him. Florida fans would buy a crap load of tickets if he was there.

The 49ers can let Harbaugh go and then release Aldon Smith and go back to obscurity even quicker. What a joke.
Although Harbaugh had his faults I frankly I'm getting tired of the owner Jed. I'm really not a fan of the team owner. I wish he was gone. He just can't be honest with the fan base and it's become more and more apparent now.

Why is Tebow not in the league? He can will himself to score at anytime with the help of the all mighty. He would be the perfect backup for lots of teams. Jacksonville should have drafted him. Florida fans would buy a crap load of tickets if he was there.
League scouts unanimously agree that he has poor mechanics and lacks arm strength in the NFL. Not everybody has it all. Andy Dalton has poor arm strength but makes up for it in his anticipation of reads. So you can get by with other strengths in your game. Most inner circles feel that Tebow lacks all of the above and has been a beneficiary of the talent and coaching staff around him.

The Browns changed their logo:

nfl_browns_years_cr_600x400.jpg

I love this line from the press release:

"The orange is brighter and richer and matches the passion of our fans and city. The brown is unchanged."

Because they're still shit.

bread's done
Back