CAG NFL Season Discussion

Definitely didn't read it.
49ers don't do anything early in free agency. I'm just waiting on the bad news of the Niners trading Kap to Denver. I was hoping that he would stay after the Niners hired Kelly but I don't blame him for wanting to get the fuck outta there the way he was treated by the Niners.

Also I got a call from the 49ers season ticket rep yesterday, I got a good laugh out of that. I don't remember signing up for the waiting list but when asked why I was no longer interested in tickets I just told him Jed York. He knew what I was talking about.
As a Niners fan I don't think they treated Kaep badly. They benched him. So? John Elway, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw were benched. He can go cry in a corner. He pretty much lost the locker room on his own so it's probably for the better anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Niners fan I don't think they treated Kaep badly. They benched him. So? John Elway, Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw were benched. He can go cry in a corner. He pretty much lost the locker room on his own so it's probably for the better anyway.
The way the front office treated him. All the shit talking they did after he was benched. Can't trust them.

Osweiler got paid for putting up Gabbert numbers.

"So Elway was correct to walk away when the price reached $18 million per year. That's stupid money, especially when you put the 61.8 completion rate on 275 passes for 1,967 yards, 10 touchdown passes and six interceptions of the 25-year-old Osweiler in 2015 against the 63.1 completion rate on 282 passes for 2,031 yards, 10 touchdowns and seven interceptions by the 26-year-old Blaine Gabbert, widely viewed as a bust of a first-round draft choice."

Broncos passing offense was 31st in the league. Sanchez can take them back to the Superbowl if the defense holds up.

So I read an article, I think it was on bleacher report that went over the remaining top free agents and who had shown interest. Keep in mind these are the guys who should be bargains. The Colts name? Not listed anywhere in connection to these guys.

Ugh I know signing Luck is the priority but can't you at least put out feelers? Get a feel for what it will take? Too many holes to do it all through the draft and Luck has to remain upright.

Titans and Rams made a huge draft pick trade.

Titans get:
- Rams 1st round pick.
- 2 2nd round picks.
- 3rd round pick.
- 1st round pick in 2017.
- 3rd round pick in 2017.

Rams get:
- 1st overall pick.
- 4th round pick.
- 6th round pick.

Titans and Rams made a huge draft pick trade.

Titans get:
- Rams 1st round pick.
- 2 2nd round picks.
- 3rd round pick.
- 1st round pick in 2017.
- 3rd round pick in 2017.

Rams get:
- 1st overall pick.
- 4th round pick.
- 6th round pick.
On the surface, this looks like a huge gain for the Titans.

As a Titans fan, I love the idea of the trade. The team has so many needs having one great pick isn't enough when you already have your franchise QB.

What does worry me is the Titans ability to draft the right guys. They've fanned on so many players recently. They've drafted so many WRs and RBs that didn't pan out...and they can't find a stud DB to save their life.

It just amazes me how teams who almost always draft in the bottom quarter of the round (Patriots, Packers, etc) consistently get better returns. That's where the difference is made. You just can't have bad drafts.

The Ravens second half of the season looks rough as hell. I mean it's nice the 1st half looks not so bad so it gives more time for our injured players to get things going. This year my brother and I are finally going to a game in Baltimore so I'm working on getting tickets to the Ravens/Steelers game. For our first home game, should be a good one.

Panthers @ Broncos in a Super Bowl rematch for the first game of the season is certainly one way to get the season started off right. Hoping seeing Denver hang their banners gives some extra motivation for our players.

That's a great trade for the Browns. I would imagine they figure taking a shot on RGIII makes as much sense as anybody they would draft. And only moving back 6 spots to acquire all those extra picks...that's a steal in my opinion.

That's crazy about what happened to Josh Norman.
On one hand, I would definitely prefer to have him as he played at a DPOY candidate level last season. On the other, I can see why the franchise tag was rescinded. My pie in the sky hope is he goes out, tests the waters, finds out he won't make as much as he thought on the market, and comes back a la Charles Johnson. I have almost zero expectations of that happening though, as I know some teams with CB needs have a bunch of cash to throw his way: 49ers, Jags, and even the Giants -- which would be hilarious.

EDIT: I also don't fault Norman at all. Dude was playing for peanuts compared to what he might have been worth so I understand him wanting to get paid.

The Bucs decided that one of their greatest needs was a kicker, so they drafted one in the 2nd Round. Because that worked out well when the Jags did it.

In hilarious news, after Isaac Bruce put together a Rams legends game in St Louis this summer that was widely attended by St Louis fans, the actual franchise planned on having one in Los Angeles. It's now been canceled due to low fan interest from LA fans.

How dare Brandon Marshall kneel during the anthem! I'm gonna send him SO MANY angry tweets!

...What do you mean there's more than one Brandon Marshall? That makes no sense!

Good win for the Ravens, though hopefully the offense improves. Still, a good start and capitalized on Buffalo mistakes.

The Giants/Cowboys ending was fu,lnny, but hugely disappointed in the Jags. I feel sorry for any transplants in Wisconsin this week.

I dunno what's worse, the new Sunday Night Football theme, or that rendition of the Star-Spangled Banner afterwards.

That was easily the best thing ever. I may want a copy of that just so I have that forever.

"The guy is drunk, but there he goes!"

I want a shirt with that.

Agreed. That was bad, still going not so hot.

I will take that extra 15 yards.

And of course my TiVo freezes right before the final Browns drive, so I missed the apparent BS taunting call on Pryor and the Mosley INT.

Well, at least my Panthers held on. Things got a little tight there with only a touchdown lead in the fourth quarter at one point. Defense is going to have to step up a little more when protecting these big leads. It's like last season all over again.

I hate that we won thanks to a call like that, but I'll take the win. The taunting thing seems to be one of those items where they are enforcing the letter of the rules and not just the intent. With the NFL pulling a hardline on the taunting and post-play shenanigans to try and keep craziness like Bengals/Steelers happening again, but man there has to be a line where things like that don't get a call. 

Well, at least my Panthers held on. Things got a little tight there with only a touchdown lead in the fourth quarter at one point. Defense is going to have to step up a little more when protecting these big leads. It's like last season all over again.
Gonna have to figure out that RB situation too. I see Stewart got hurt

Gonna have to figure out that RB situation too. I see Stewart got hurt
Yeah, but it's not unsurprising. He was hurt last year too. Dude cannot make it through a full 16 game season. I have full faith in Fozzy and CAP, though. They played well in spurts last season, and Fozzy looked good yesterday.

bread's done
Back