7. IceBurgh-Ducks**
8. Unickuta-Devils**
9. thatstoobad-Redwings**
10. Plutarski-Rangers**
11. ruffinra-Blues**
12. slickkill77-Lightning**
13. TheRock88-Sharks**

**=Confirmed

Will set it up in the next couple of days and let you know any ifo you would need to join via PM.

I just wanted to vouch for AJH as a great person and was respectable in showing up for his games in CAGHL2k7.

I'll be going with NHL2k8 so I won't be joining, just vouching for you. Thatstoobad has notified me he won't be starting the league once the game is released but rather a month down the road (NHL 2k8).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I just wanted to vouch for AJH as a great person and was respectable in showing up for his games in CAGHL2k7.

I'll be going with NHL2k8 so I won't be joining, just vouching for you. Thatstoobad has notified me he won't be starting the league once the game is released but rather a month down the road (NHL 2k8).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words, I will be getting both games so I will still try and be in the 2K8 league. But it seems this year might be EA's year finally to turn the tides against the 2K hockey series. So we might have 2 good choices this year and its even better that EA has an on-line league feature this year.

i'm in. calgary

i think people can be the sames teams. thats what they said on sports anomally a few weeks back.

i don't think i'm going to bother with 2k8. new control scheme??

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']I'll rent this if you get a league going. If you do, Avs please.[/quote]

the league is gonna last like months...how are you going to rent it?

[quote name='magiic']If I win the game off of the pepsi contest I'll be in otherwise it's 2k8 for me aswell[/QUOTE]

What's the Pepsi contest?

Depends on when you start. My 360 RROD last week should get my box tomorrow. If you start it in October I'll take Pittsburgh.

[quote name='IceBurgh']Sorry I just saw you called Pens in your OP.

Um I'll call Ottawa.[/QUOTE]

OK it helps to read the entire thread carefully I just saw that VIP freak called Sens.

So I'll try again and call the Ducks and hope that someone else hasn't called them :roll:

[quote name='amicus']1up gave nhl08 9.5 and nhl2k8 a 4.0[/QUOTE]

IGN gave the EA product 8.9. No review of the 2K8 product yet.

[quote name='IceBurgh']OK it helps to read the entire thread carefully I just saw that VIP freak called Sens.

So I'll try again and call the Ducks and hope that someone else hasn't called them :roll:[/quote]

they might allow people to pick the same teams in the league. theres no trading implemented anyways.

[quote name='IceBurgh']IGN gave the EA product 8.9. No review of the 2K8 product yet.[/quote]
IGN gave 2K8 an 8.5 according to gamerankings. I haven't played either game yet but how does 1up give 2K8 a 4.0 and IGN gives it a 8.5? That is a huge difference. I'll be interested to see how the rest of the reviews shape up and play both for myself.

EDIT:

Just saw Gamespot rated 2K8 7.0 but no NHL 08 review yet...

[quote name='slickkill77']Its because of the controls in 2k8. Aparantly they are duckish[/QUOTE]

... and to top it off the online apparently has a very sluggish frame rate. People who bought NHL2k7 at launch last year said the same thing happened last year, but with 2k's track record of not "fixing the broken things" maybe it will always run choppy.

[quote name='kklems']My copy is on the way. I'll take the redwings.[/quote]

ugh you cock block. :p I read this entire thread looking for the wings availability and your the last poster and you got it ugh.

If he doesn't play i'll take my Red Wings :)

I was actually going to start a thread asking people if they wanted this year's league to be in NHL 08 or 2k8, since it seems like EA may have the better game this year. If 2k8 keeps getting these poor reviews, I'll probably go with NHL08.

Pencil me in for a team. I'd really like the Red Wings, but I guess if they're already taken I'll take another team, and I don't really care what that team is. I'll let you know if anything changes.

[quote name='thatstoobad']I'll reserve the Canucks since Detroit's been taken.[/quote]

the predators aren't going to defend their championship? :D

Did you see the new uniforms for all teams are included in NHL 08!!!

Go to My NHL
Select RBK Edge and enter this code:

h3oyxpwksf8ibcgt

SWEET!

Also I just ordered this from free360games so hopefully I'll get it in time to participate. I'll take the Buffalo Sabres!

I haven't picked which game I was going to buy this year but if CAGHL (NHL2K8) moves over to NHL 08 count me in. (Seems like this may be the case).

I'd take the Chicago Blackhawks.

id liek in, only if you dont mind repeat teams cuz i wanna use the pens...gotta rep the 724/412...my gamertag is derelictmybawls

The review for NHL 08 is up at GameSpot, it got a 8.5.

If I can snag a copy through Gamefly, count me in, and I'll take the Phoenix Coyotes since somebody has to. :D

i have it. but i haven't played it yet.

i figure i should at least finish a madden season before i move on.

I don't think we should allow repeat teams, nor should we allow anyone to pick all-star or national teams or whatever else (assuming the game would let you do so, I think I read that you could).

Also, has anyone actually checked out the settings in the game yet to see how customizable and functional the leagues are going to be? Lack of a trading option is pretty lame.

[quote name='amicus']the predators aren't going to defend their championship? :D[/QUOTE]
Never know, I may pull a last minute switcheroo.

Can I get the Red Wings and when are games played so I can get an idea on what I am getting myself into :)

Bah wings are taken, black hawks taken...

Can I call Toronto Maple Leafs?

CAG - GT - Team
*currently has game

ajh2298 -ajh2298 -Penguins
thatdamedave - thatdamedave -avs
flyersfan - ? - flyers
snotnose_colossal- FeedTheBag - canadians
danked - danked - wild
TheRock88 - x TheRock88 x - sharks
*amicus - amicus33 - flames
vipfreak - ? - senators
*ddhex27 - TheUnicornRider - bruins
slickkill77 - NinjaPenguin777 - lightning
IceBurgh - the IceBurgh - ducks
Scorch - ScorchX - preds
kklems - ? -red wings
maynard - maynardld50 - redwings (2)
ivanctorres - ICT EsqGamer- rangers
ronz - Ronzeh - hurricanes
thatstoobad - AccordionWolf - canucks
GLOCKGLOCK - DRUNKZ 27 - sabres
flybrione - bigmes - blackhawks
devilman2075 - ? - pens (2)
yukine - ratzombie - coyotes
shoki - zedr - leafs

so i went through the entire thread and placed the team requests in order of everyone who expressed interest. a few of these were "i might get it but i want team x". this is almost double what ajh2298 wanted for participation. i'm in agreement that a large league is more than unlikely to finish. and there are issues of ppl wanting duplicate teams. nhl08 online leagues don't allow trading so i dunno if this should be an issue. but if were trying to keep the league small there are other teams to pick. maybe even two leagues could spawn from this.

if you have this game already i'm going to put an asterisk infront of your name.

Put me down for the Devils and I have the game. I'm still going to play in whatever CAGHL thatstoobad runs since it's the only successful online league I've ever been in though. I've rented both 08 and 2k8. I'm still on the fence right now, but both seem like really good games so far.

bread's done
Back