CAG NHL 08, "who wants in"

snowsquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
They have this thread in the 360, forums, so I though I would duplicate it here. Shoki has Any NHL leagues thread, but I thought I would start a new one, with a more appropriate title.

The 360 group just calls dibs on teams. It has been suggested that we should do a draw for teams. Please answer this: should there be a draw for teams, or does dibs work for everyone?

I have also recieved messages saying headsets should be mandatory. I tend to agree, otherwise I'll just play the CPU.

Also, players should have been members of CAG for a while (?3months?). This can likely be flexible.

BTW - I suck, so don't be intimidated.

Teams So Far:
New Jersey Devils
Boston Bruins
Atlanta Thrashers - Jesticle aka Jest
New York Islanders
Buffalo Sabres - the1brock
Carolina Hurricanes
New York Rangers
Montreal Canadiens
Florida Panthers
Philadelphia Flyers
Ottawa Senators - vipfreak
Tampa Bay Lightning
Pittsburgh Penguins - tat2dstarzz aka whitedeath
Toronto Maple Leafs
Washington Capitals
Chicago Blackhawks
Calgary Flames - SnowSquirrel
Anaheim Ducks - homiebear
Columbus Blue Jackets
Colorado Avalanche - CrashSpyro ala FriskyTanuki
Dallas Stars
Detroit Red Wings - Shoki
Edmonton Oilers
Los Angeles Kings
Nashville Predators
Minnesota Wild
Phoenix Coyotes
St. Louis Blues
Vancouver Canucks -Prophecy2 - aka rvdrock
San Jose Sharks -scamper

Post who you want, and I'll update the list.

~S

I don't want to use multiple teams, and I very well am interested, and even thought I am in baton rouge, I gotta take the Canucks...

Oh and about the weaker teams, any team can beat the other in this game, it just depends on how you play

I'd like to play. Gonna have to practice a bit cuz I'm terrible.

Oh, and I'll take the Sabres.

PSN: the1brock (I'm pretty sure, I'll double check that)

I have never been in an online league so keep me updated on whats happening/what I need to do and I'll check back here often as well.

The 360 group just calls dibs on teams. It has been suggested that we should do a draw for teams. Please answer this: should there be a draw for teams, or does dibs work for everyone?

(bump)

Ok, I finally go this game. About 10 games into the season. I am not going to have time to setup the league until the weekend. If whitedeath want to set it up before then, props to him.

As an aside, I find this game really frustrating at times. While I love how it is actually possible to cycle the puck on offense, I find that often I have trouble getting it out of my zone on defense. I was very close to tossing the sixaxis over its x-axis.

~S

Lets kick this off this weekend. Looks like there has been no fighting for teams, so we will just use the teams I have listed at the top. this is a last chance for people to get in. I am going to setup league tonight. Let me know if you have a problem with any of these parameters, I am flexible.

5 minute periods.
3 games against each person
nhl rules
offsides on
fighting off (fighting is not fun in this game)
penalties on
medium speed (default)

I'll probably PM anyone who hasn't shown up in the league room by thursday.
League name will be 'CAGHL 08 PS3', password will be 'cag08'

To find it, just go into 'online modes' and search for leagues. Just use 'cag' for abbreviation search term, and it should show up. I was trying to figure out how to search under 'my leagues', and getting frustrated.

Another annoying thing, is trying to find friends online. The league makes it easier, but it would be nice to access friends list. Maybe next year...

~S

ps - amheft, why don't you take the stars? looks like the are at least your local team, if not fav.

I want in! Account is Jesticle. Singe my Red Wings are gone I guess I will take Atlanta :( If you decide to do a lottery for teams, even better!

EDIT: GAH! I didn't see the second page! Is it too late to sign up?

I don't mind doing a lottery, but so far only you and whitedeath have wanted it., so far, though amheft probably does too. Everyone else seems to be reluctant to comment.

If we do a lottery, do we do all teams? Just do a lottery for peopel who want same team? Just use the top 15 teams? Or have every list two teams (not necessarily unique) they want and throw them, then draw from that (I like this one), so that no one gets stuck with a team like Atlanta... oh wait. :)

Let me know your opinions.
~S

pm's sent to everyone. last call for people. if you want in, and did not get a PM, PM me with answers to these questions:

1. Do you want to do a lottery?
2. If we do a lotter, name two teams you want:
~S

bread's done
Back