CAG NHL 2K6 Xbox 360 League ***WEEK 3***

Sent a friend request to everyone.

I havent heard anything from lyric (1st game) and will be going out of town tom until around 6p on the 19th if he would like to get the game in tonight around 11p or when I get back on the 19th just let me know :)

Ran into a whole slew of problems as I'm sure exectuioner is about to post soon.
First we t ried to get a game 30+ times last night and none started.
Then when we started a game today, it went for like 10 seconds and then we both dropped. Somehow it gave him one goal, and gave me 0, but I got the win? wtfman?
Second game I lose 11-9, which he won fair and square, and it actually counted that game. I though It only counts the games were scheduled to play? Either way Exe should have been 1-0 in this league, and me 0-1.

Now even worst was the puck. I noticed few of the shots would go high, no problem, but once it hit the boards it was making the sound like a machine gun went off. I'm guessing this is to prevent icing.

We also had replay problems, it would show the replay after the ref took it to center ice (?) and wouldn't let us skip the intermission stats. Which I was ok with I guess.

Ok, before people start asking about me and Jagr69's stats let me just tell how our league game(s) went tonight:

Ok, first off, we've been trying to play against each other since Tuesday night. Tonight it finally worked so we start playing. After a couple of minutes I score the first goal making it 1-0 me. Immediately after that our game freezes and it says that I lost connection (even though Xbox Live was working fine before/after that loss of connection) which, in turn, gives Jagr69 the win making him 1-0-0 in our league with 0 Goals Scored by his team and 1 Goal Against his team - and vice versa for me. So after that I reset my internet and we try again, it lets us play ANOTHER Week 1 game, where I ended up winning 11-9 and it counted for our season stats. So now me and him are both 1-1-0, with me having scored 12 Goals and him scoring 9. This is seriously messed up and I wanted to know if there's anything that the owner of the league can do such as delete the games off the history and let us start over or what? Also, we both agreed that possible changes that could be made would be to knock puck and ice friction some (we kept hearing a repeated clanking noise throughout the game when the puck hit the wall); to turn up the game speed up to at least halfway; and also maybe move the difficulty up to Hall of Famer or change One Timer difficulty to hard. I'm not mad and I'm not complaining, I just thought these things were weird and wanted to make sure no one is confused at the fact that me and him are 1-1-0 through 1 Week of this league.

Damn, my xbox froze when i tried to play Achtung Baby the first time on monday, I thought it was just my box overheating or what have you, I also heard that machine gun noise a couple of times but I just thought it was a glitch, but since you guys got that too, its probably because of the puck settings.

Yeah, I had the exact same problems when I tried to play my game. The machine gun noise, crazy lag, game freezes, dropped games...we couldn't get it to work.

I can edit your stats or reset the game, etc. Let me know if you want to play it again, or what results/stats you want me to enter.

Still offline...MS has not got back to me. I think I play dafoomie in the 1st week. If I'm not on by the time things are fixed, I can take a loss in the first week.

Got my rematch clause in and still lost :p 11-8. Good times. I just hope two games only being played so far isn't a bad omen.

the flyers and I played our game...good time...but I believe we need to reset the puck friction and the other ice setting to default to eliminate the Machine Gun effect in the corners...

Only three games played so far....come on guys, please try to get these taken care of!

I understand doubledowns game probably won't get played, but what about the other 3?

Also, if you guys tell me what to set the puck friction to, I'll go do it.

After week one, we can mess around with the settings a bit and see if we want more fatigue or anything like that.

I went away over the weekend but left lyric a few messages on when we could play ect. and never heard back. I would have liked to play but what happeneds now?

Everyone has until the end of today to play their games!

There are 3 games left to be played. If they do not get played, the win will be given to the team who made an effort to get the game playd (ex: who PMed their opponent but never heard back and who kept us updated in the thread)

I must say, I am really disappointed with the amount of games that got played this week. It's the first week, and the enthusiasm should be high.

Here are the unplayed games:

Boston Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings
Washington Capitals @ Tampa Bay Lightning
Atlanta Thrashers @ Pittsburgh Penguins
New Jersey Devils @ Colorado Avalanche

I understand the Bruins/Red Wings game could not be played because of doubledown's Xbox troubles, so dafoomie gets a free win.
My game against Colorado was attemped twice, and my oppenent never replied to my messages about a rematch.
JAA1311 made an effort to play his game, but didn't hear back from Lyric, so he will be awarded the win.
Finally, the Penguins/Thrashers game was not played either for some reason, even though both of these guys have proven to be reliable in our original Xbox league. I don't know what went on there...

Anyway, you have until midnight before I advance the schedule, let's try to get all of the games played next week!
Also, thank you to all of you who did play.

OK, so what's the deal with puck friction?

I'm hearing that it's too low (puck getting stuck in the corners) yet at the same time, it's too high (crazy machine gun bouncing). Am I raising the friction (puck slides less) or lowering the friction (puck slides more)?

I tried to send a PM to sighlintbob/shadowcat the Thrashers owner via XBL to see when he could play, but it seems that he has not logged on to XBL since 2/4/06 according to my friends list. I should have sent him a PM through CAG but I never did so that was my mistake, and he has not tried to get ahold of me that I know of.

Well, you can give me a loss....I STILL cannot connect to XBOX LIVE...been a month now and still no resolution. I THINK they are sending me another box, but I'm not sure....they seem to be just as confused over there.

To anyone that is on my list for the next amount of games I will be sending you a PM via CAG *and* msg via 360, that way, in the words of Alex from SF3

"You can't escape!"

[quote name='TJordan522']OK, so what's the deal with puck friction?

I'm hearing that it's too low (puck getting stuck in the corners) yet at the same time, it's too high (crazy machine gun bouncing). Am I raising the friction (puck slides less) or lowering the friction (puck slides more)?[/QUOTE]

Anyone? I'd like to get this taken care of before week 2 games get played.

I propose we setup some kind of one day tournament so everyone thats around and ready to play can play at least one game with the current settings, plus it'll be good practice because I'm getting the feeling that a lot of games wont be played again.

sorry about not getting my game in last week guys. I was out of town on a business trip and there just wasn't a good time to play for me. things should be back to normal now.

by the way, nice game tonight X! i almost forgot what time we were playing.

[quote name='sighlintbob']by the way, nice game tonight X! i almost forgot what time we were playing.[/quote]

Yeah, your goalie freakin shut me down for 2 periods man while my goalie randomly dives the wrong direction :lol:

Yeah it sucks. It seems like theres only a few in this league willing to participate. Looks like someone is going to have to cut off some dead weight.

I should be getting this game by the end of next week in a trade if you are looking for a new owner who will actually play his games. One game a week is no problem at all. Please let me know if anything opens up in the future, thank you.

[quote name='Pratt75']I should be getting this game by the end of next week in a trade if you are looking for a new owner who will actually play his games. One game a week is no problem at all. Please let me know if anything opens up in the future, thank you.[/QUOTE]

Some people like have a execuse like Doubledown, I don't know about the rest. But if we can manage to get full league with active players, no matter how small, it would be alot more fun.

Got my game with Jaa. Good game.

We had a major problem though, whenever he went to the main menu during the game to change lines to manual, we would BOTH freeze. Damn this game is buggy. We did a normal game and didn't have that problem at all. Also we are still witnessing the puck sticking o the boards, and that sucked for Jaa because his main moves involve dumping the puck in. Trust me, because after I beat him in league play by a large margin, he beat me in OUT 4-3 in a ranked game :)

This has to be the worst hockey game ever made.

The puck is sitting in the crease, nobody around. My goalie walks up to it and promptly puts it in his own net. Plus they dive inexplicably and give up slapshots from the point. Its not just my goalie, goalies in this game are just horribly done.

I try holding on to the puck with my goalie, and nothing happens. No faceoff, he just sits there.

And then Ajh just has to do the cheap shit goal trick in OT for the win.

I'm writing a letter to 2k Sports, telling them just how putrid this game is. When this game ended, it was the first time it didn't freeze on me. I'm half tempted to try and return this or demand a refund from 2K.

And what the hell is up with the puck friction? I thought we were changing that? That was horrible, it would just die in the corner in the exact same spot no matter how hard it went in.

If theres a slider for goalie brains, it must be at 0.

That was a good game though, real up and down, had to make a comeback in the 3rd with a really weak SH goal by Slegr, his goalie just watched it trickle by. At least I got a point out of it.

Yep this game is broke for starters auto shot aim is for shit it still is cheese even with that on. All I did was come out of the corner and go in between the circles and tap the button and Crosby lets loose a laser guided shot to the top corner.

Also there were at least four times in the game that T-Bo was so far out of the net it was not even funny.

One timers should never be set on normal, its just to easy to score on them.

The puck getting stuck in the corner is something I cant even explain, the best is when it is down there and I am bouncing my guy of the boards trying to pick it up with no success.

Also when dafoomie tried to freeze the puck twice at the end of the third period it let at least 15 seconds go buy each time with no whistle, but in O.T. I covered the puck and it gave me a whistle in less than a second.

I am sorry dafoomie for the last goal I was just trying to get a shot on goal, that why I went higher in the slot and shot it, instead of the cheesy skate across the crease move. You can have the win if you feel that strongly about that goal being cheesey you should have won in regulation anyway because of your goalie shooting it into your own net for no reason, in the first period.

Its no big deal, its just one little thing on top of what really pissed me off, the bugs in the game.

A lot of my guys were skating right by the puck and making no attempt at picking it up, the puck would go right through their little circle. I think it happened to you a few times too, especially on those icings.

You'd think they'd have patched this game at least once since November.

The AI sucks a lot too when they're on defense, it really shouldn't since they're not nearly that bad in the Xbox version.

I hope to get my XBOX back this week....Wednesday maybe.

Anyone notice that when playing franchise, the game freezes after you finish a game? This started happen to me recently, which makes the game pointless to me if I cannot use franchise. I wrote to 2Ksports, and they sent me a generic answer....they refuse to fix it, so it seems. They are slowly falling off my radar (except with NBA....good job on that). I hope MLB makes strong showing.

Ok...back to the league...maybe I can play a game.

The league is far from dead as long as people continue to play games, we can find replacements ;)

It's no doubt the game is buggy and should have not been released at It's current state, but thats no reason to jump ship and ruin the season for everyone else. You signed up and should stay your tenure, It's only ONE game a week. It's not like your having to sacrifice sleep over this one. With 16 more hockey weeks to go, just do your thing and when the season is over you won't have to play it ever again. Hopefully next season is alot more polished cause I plan on buying the next version as well.

ok then Jordan looks Like I play you...so PM me here on CAG with a time to play...after 830pm est or anytime fri, sat, fun

Yeah, the game is really buggy, so it does pretty much suck.

However, the league will live on. Three strikes and you're out, we have replacements ready to go if needed.

Thanks to those of you who are active!

So whats going on with the other 3 games that haven't been played?
Wow I just got into the top 50, at #46 in the WORLD in NHL2k6. Well yes and no. They just had a stat reset for the 360 version and I went 14-2 in my first 16 games, which put me in the top 50.

Are we advancing to week three tomorrow so I can play thomas? If he's active.

i tried playing dcv2002 - Achtung Baby tonight, but we kept getting disconnected. After the second one, I think it registered. I gave up since I promised the wife I'd watch a movie....

Yeap looks like ur game went through. Atleast u guys tried.
Still two games to go.

It really boggles the mind that theres all these problems with the league (connectivity wise and glitchs) when I don't encounter any of them in ranked play, with the exception fo the stupid shot that always seems to go if u do it right.

bread's done
Back