CAG Official FABLE topic! Keep all Fable discussion in THIS thread!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']What is the point of the Temple of Avo? What do I get for donations there?[/quote]

Changes your alignment. Donate and become good, sacrifice and become evil.

Fable = overhyped.

I got it for $22.50 at GR and it is sweet!

I put on a helmet and went about my business in the game. I guess you could call my character evil, but I mostly just killed guards. Anyway, I'm about 5 hours into it, and when I take off my helmet I have horns! My guy is balding with horns!

This game is great, I have flies swarming around my head and even with all that, some chick at the Heroes Guild was attracted to me (she had a big heart on top of her head). I'm gonna try to shaq-fu.ck her today.

Ok this game is awesome.... I just went to all of the towns and gave the weapon smith guy 15 beers, and he gets drunk. Then as he stumbles around the store you kinda bump him through the door and out onto the street an then you rob him blind!!! Steal all the goods on his counters and then sell it back to him the next day....

When you buy a shop, how long does it take to get someone to rent it? I was wondering because I want to know other than the alignment change, if it is worth it to kill a shop keeper and buy the shop?

What is a really good way to get alot of money, but still be a good guy (like, not stealing)? I want some cash to buy a house but only have about 5000 gold.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The arena is a good way to get money, but I don't know if you can go through it more than once.[/quote] Sorry, I didn't mention how far I was.

I just got to Oakvale so I don't think I know where that is. Any other way? :)

[quote name='craven_fiend']When you buy a shop, how long does it take to get someone to rent it? I was wondering because I want to know other than the alignment change, if it is worth it to kill a shop keeper and buy the shop?[/quote]

If you are trying not to be evil I would not suggest buying a shop, they are way to expensive and the rent sucks and I have not noticed any better prices. I own the weapon shop in oakvale (Cost was 34K) other towns are way to much, the one snowy place (forget the name) is like 97K to buy the shop.

My second gripe about fable (the first is in this tread if you care to see what it is) The rent system sucks. I slaughtered Oakvale and bought all of the houses thinking I would have no money problems. The rent is like $300-$350 per house and I think I can collect it every full in game day. But you have to physically go to each and every house to get it, they put it on the ground in front of the house for you to pick up and I have not noticed any back rent if I do not get it for a few days. I with either you had direct deposit :) and just got the money or every time you go to the town you get a lump sum, not having to be a land lord and get it your self, I think I migh sell all of those houses.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The arena is a good way to get money, but I don't know if you can go through it more than once.[/quote]
You could always hero save and do it over and over again.

Another way to make money is cheating... Save and then play one of the bar games in any town that you personally have a chance at winning. Bet $1,000 and play, if you lose, reload if you win save and try again. But again this is kind of lame.

OK just beat the game. My third gripe. The final segments leading upto the end and the end battle are way to easy. I loved the story though it more than makes up for the few grips I had along the way.

Need help for a fairly obvious part of the game.

I met the ghost that's along the beach in Oakvale, and he says he wants me to dig up treasure and give it to his wife. I bought the spade, but I have no idea where I'm suppose to dig. He says I need to dig "next to the jetty on the western beach and it will be on the left as you look out to sea" so INTK some things.

Is the Western Beach, the one with his wife? Also, what jetty is he talking about? Does jetty mean boat?

Would appreciate the help.

BUMP.

Also, are you required to sleep in the game to perform better attacks and things like that, or is it just to turn night into day and day into night?

[quote name='sj41']Need help for a fairly obvious part of the game.

I met the ghost that's along the beach in Oakvale, and he says he wants me to dig up treasure and give it to his wife. I bought the spade, but I have no idea where I'm suppose to dig. He says I need to dig "next to the jetty on the western beach and it will be on the left as you look out to sea" so INTK some things.

Is the Western Beach, the one with his wife? Also, what jetty is he talking about? Does jetty mean boat?

Would appreciate the help.[/quote]

It's the other beach area in the town. Dig to the left of the dock. It'll be 500 gold. You should keep it, though, because all the bitch of a wife will do is go shopping with it.

As far as the sleeping thing goes, I don't think so.. I think it's just a
quicker way to get from night to day. I recall sleeping a bit just so I could get to some shops.. so.. I dunno, I don't think it makes a difference.

So, does it count as a bad deed if I keep the gold? And what kind of reward does the ghost give you?

[quote name='sj41']So, does it count as a bad deed if I keep the gold? And what kind of reward does the ghost give you?[/quote]Anybody know the reward? I found the gold and I'm just wondering if it is better for me to keep the gold or give it to the woman. Thanks. :)

[quote name='sj41']So, does it count as a bad deed if I keep the gold? And what kind of reward does the ghost give you?[/quote]

I personally would give it to her as her dead husband will tell you of the location of the obsidian great axe...

Darn, I never came across the Ghost, but I did find the $500 in gold....

Gonna have to play it again, but be good this time, no more killing traders in the woods :(

Yeah, I ended up giving the money to the wife and the guy told me where the axe was which is worth well over 20000 gold. Not a bad exchange. I'm trying to beat Whisper in the Hobbes quest where I have to get more kills than her but it gets really difficuilt when I have to back away for a moment to get some of my health back and she never loses any. Suggestions?

[quote name='sj41']Yeah, I ended up giving the money to the wife and the guy told me where the axe was which is worth well over 20000 gold. Not a bad exchange. I'm trying to beat Whisper in the Hobbes quest where I have to get more kills than her but it gets really difficuilt when I have to back away for a moment to get some of my health back and she never loses any. Suggestions?[/quote]

I did by using the spell that slows down time and the multi strike, killed most Hobbes in 1 or 2 swings with it on.

The Slow Time Spell is way to powerfull :?

I'll try that out. Most of the time, I just fight with my sword, so I'm not use to using my magic yet. I'll need to work on that.

I just remembered that right next to where the axe in the grave was, I saw a statue of a man. Is that man the father of my character? I can't really get a good look, but it sure seemed that it was. I remember the sideburns on the father.

[quote name='Othergods']Another way to make money is cheating... Save and then play one of the bar games in any town that you personally have a chance at winning. Bet $1,000 and play, if you lose, reload if you win save and try again. But again this is kind of lame.[/quote]
And it would take forever. I dont think I could sit through all those load screens.

[quote name='Kaijufan'][quote name='Othergods']Another way to make money is cheating... Save and then play one of the bar games in any town that you personally have a chance at winning. Bet $1,000 and play, if you lose, reload if you win save and try again. But again this is kind of lame.[/quote]
And it would take forever. I dont think I could sit through all those load screens.[/quote]I sorta did this. I saved it right before each time I played card pairs, but I won almost every time, so it was well worth it. :)

[quote name='el bobo']
That is it lol, I'm trying to max my guy out but I can't find good place to train.[/quote]

Good place to train early on:
Ancient Cullis Gate, which spawns Hobbes or Trolls, whichever your level. They spawn around the cullis gate itself.

There is a place that spawns unlimited undead that I hear is better, but I haven't gotten there yet.

[quote name='Aaron'][quote name='el bobo']
That is it lol, I'm trying to max my guy out but I can't find good place to train.[/quote]

Good place to train early on:
Ancient Cullis Gate, which spawns Hobbes or Trolls, whichever your level. They spawn around the cullis gate itself.

There is a place that spawns unlimited undead that I hear is better, but I haven't gotten there yet.[/quote]

going through Greatwood > greatwood lake > and beyond is also a good way to train...bandits, wasps, and other things that go bump-in-the-night respawn and it's right outside the guild.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']I personally would give it to her as her dead husband will tell you of the location of the obsidian great axe...[/quote]

hey were is the obsidian great axe any ways i cany find the dang thing and its making me mad :bomb:

bread's done
Back