CAG on Android

F8X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I'm currently using the new Droid and trying to get the iphone style skin to work with Cheapassgamer. Is there any way to make it so that the iphone skin would work with mobile phones with the android operation system? Thanks

I'm guessing the iphone version redirects when the browser is not safari for the iphone.

Could you include the android browser to use the iphone browser?

second this. redirects to style 1 when trying to use iphone skin on android
an android app that runs in the background and notifies of new subscribed posts would also be nice...

Not to bump but the only way right now to view the iphone skin on android is if you change the user agent.

(Steel on the Iphone can do this)

well yes, i use the dolphin browser and could do that but why should we have to go into our settings everytime just to view it? too much hassle. ive just been using the regular mobile skin. but i hope cheapy allows android to use it natively :)

Looking at the code wouldn't it be easier to check and see if the device is a desktop instead of just an iphone for the redirect.

I'd also really, really appreciate it if you would make the iPhone site accessible to Android phones. The CAG mobile site is quick to load, but very difficult to use on a touch screen - obviously formatted for Blackberrys or WinMo phones. Either access to the iPhone layout or something similar for Android phones would be ace.

I, as a Droid owner, also want to chime in about requesting mobile phone equality. There's no sense in designing a website around *one* single brand of smart phone.

yeah just got a nexus one, should be a simple change for them it to accept a non iphone user agent and not redirect to the full page.

if you guys have the dolphin browser you can still use the iphone optimized page by using the link cheapy posted and setting the user agent to iphone

i do use the dolphin browser, but dont want to have to change the agent to iphone everytime i want to visit CAG. I use a lot of google sites that need the agent to be android.

[quote name='AllahBomber']i do use the dolphin browser, but dont want to have to change the agent to iphone everytime i want to visit CAG. I use a lot of google sites that need the agent to be android.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its this for me too. Its pretty stupid to have to change the user agent just because the iphone skin only allows iphone user agents. That should allow all android and WebOS phones.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']The CAG mobile site is quick to load, but very difficult to use on a touch screen [/QUOTE]I have to figure out how to bookmark the mobile site... I've tried a couple of times to see/manage reported posts when I get an email about them, but the touch screen makes it difficult.

Then again, I'm only beginning to learn how to use this phone, and it's way intimidating. :whistle2:#

It's good to see more people using Android based phones. I asked for this a while back in the same thread Cheapy got his links when I had my G1 (now the Nexus One) and gave up when it became apparent that no one was going to respond. Hopefully something will actually be done about it this time around.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']It's good to see more people using Android based phones. I asked for this a while back in the same thread Cheapy got his links when I had my G1 (now the Nexus One) and gave up when it became apparent that no one was going to respond. Hopefully something will actually be done about it this time around.[/QUOTE]

Well the future of Android looks great. I just hope that the Forum skin or any other features would work well...

much too far down the main page. John or Cheapy needs to respond :( especially with an iphone app coming out. Android is so much easier to dev for....

If CAG is sponsored by Apple, it's news to me. I believe Cheapy and John are pretty busy with getting the CAG 2.0 to be exactly what he wants it to be. And issues like mobile usability is on a back burner. But I don't speak for either of them, I'm just offering a guess.

hmm i see. well as long as this post stays on the front page, surely hell see it at some point...

at the very least, all we Android people want is for the "iphone" mobile format to be opened up for android phones, the app can come later. This change to the iphone mobile format would take 2 minutes to do since all that needs doing is adding the Android user agent to said format. :)

[quote name='guinaevere']If CAG is sponsored by Apple, it's news to me. I believe Cheapy and John are pretty busy with getting the CAG 2.0 to be exactly what he wants it to be. And issues like mobile usability is on a back burner. But I don't speak for either of them, I'm just offering a guess.[/QUOTE]

Well, all we're asking for is that the iphone site be made accessible to android devices - not a whole newly formatted site.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Well, all we're asking for is that the iphone site be made accessible to android devices - not a whole newly formatted site.[/QUOTE]
exactly

Looks great on my G1 Android browser. Wicked nice.

How do I get to the User CP, though, to read my subscribed threads?

Great News everyone!!!

Also you can also use the barcode scanner to scan this!!!
img.php

[quote name='F8X']Great News everyone!!!

Also you can also use the barcode scanner to scan this!!!
[/QUOTE]
heh ya, easy way for new people to link to the style i guess. :p

[quote name='CheapyD']You should have the option to use the iPhone page on an Android phone. Sorry, we can't test it since we don't have the phone:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/?styleid=8[/QUOTE]

Thanks again Cheapy. If John ever has any problems with the Android site(which he shouldn't since its webkit based and similar to the iphone browser he could download the SDK.

Also here are some screenshots if you care...

oZfMg.png

SXbXz.png

xzvC0.png

DEZEr.png

If I may offer a sugestion I think the best Iphone/phone use is the Neogaf Iphone app

http://secondapps.com/neogaf/

gW13s.png

8RI2a.png

2LU9X.png

RowPQ.png

NS3P3.png

Anyway thanks for fixing the skin for Android users. Or should I be thank your parents?

bread's done
Back