CAG @ Penny Arcade Expo Thread!

magiic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
Is anyone from CAG going to PAX this year? Are any of you involved in the button trading if you are going?

I went last year and was planning on going this year but wasn't able to :/ Me and my friend came in 4th place in the Guitar Hero II tourney last year too because we are goddamn nerds. Have fun magiic, it is a good time.

i feel a little bad.

i live less then a mile away. but i just can't come up with a good enough reason to go.

I've been there every year. You can catch me around the Console Tournament area, and I was at the Beat the Pros event in 2006.

That button thing seems interesting. I'll see if I can design one.

Question: How does the freeplay console area work?

I just found out that the ruleset for the Smash tournament is going to be super lame and I wanted to see what the odds were that a freeplay machine could be taken over for 1v1 under actual tournament settings.

You mean this?

I would like to suggest a 7 minute timer for 3 stock in Smash. Thats the most common in tournaments.

Also, the standard procedure for counterpicking after a round is done is as follows:
1) The loser picks the stage
2) The winner picks his character (yes, he can change)
3) The loser picks his character

Sudden Death is not played. If it goes to Sudden Death, the winner is decided by stock first and then least damage.

Zig usually has Smash tournament experts advising him for the rules, but I can see why he'd want the tournament to be more accessable.

Otherwise, all the lower-end players would complain that it's no-item Final Destination Fox-only.

saturday's schedule looks really good. it's very very tempting. it is a fair amount of money though.

i wasn't able to make it and i was officially sad. i just had too many things going on this weekend. i did a drive by sunday night, but i only saw a couple gamers sitting on the steps outside.

next year i'm definitely going to plan ahead and go. it's not too expensive. and it seems really cool. i should feel lucky that seattle has such a unique expo.

bread's done
Back