CAG/PS3 Blur night - It looks like we made it to the end

metaly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
cagblur.png

Let's play some Wipeout with cars/PGR with weapons/Mario Kart for grownups! We party up every Monday at 10 PM Eastern/7 PM Pacific and do either Skirmish Racing or Motor Mash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Active Racers: (PSN / CAG names)
Aerol901 / aerol
blazsox / gamer4432
freakyzeeky / freakyzeeky
kube00 / kube00
metaly / metaly
option-iv / option.iv
randy_wrecked / bmachine
rjbooth / rjbooth
scurker / BlueLobstah
SweetSweetTrash / mkernan
tcatsninfan / tcatsninfan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna see if I can get it for $10 tommorow at my local best buy electronics store, If I do I'll be there.

[quote name='ray2dee']Man a thread on one game............please close this specially since blur is a alright game[/QUOTE]

ur dumb.

how is this compared to split/second? i just platted split/second and loved that game. this game worries me as i really hate rubberand AI that can get weapons to automatically hit 1st place.

I think this is a great game, was definitely worth it at $12.43, really surprised me at how much fun it is. I haven't been playing games a lot lately and now im having a blast playing this before bed at night. Its almost like a grown up version of mario kart and I realllly like the fact that it has licensed cars, I love my dodge charger!

Question about the unlockable in-game Viper ACR. If I download it to one profile will any other profile be able to use it?

I'll be on around 10pm Eastern tonight!

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Question about the unlockable in-game Viper ACR. If I download it to one profile will any other profile be able to use it?

I'll be on around 10pm Eastern tonight![/QUOTE]

I downloaded the Viper and installed it, but cannot locate it in-game. I checked all car classes A through D... anyone else having this problem?

On another note, this game is fun... but however, after beating ModNation Racers and how frustrating that game was... this game can be just as frustrating.

[quote name='JaxMoney']On another note, this game is fun... but however, after beating ModNation Racers and how frustrating that game was... this game can be just as frustrating.[/QUOTE]

awesome, not buying now. haha

I mean, to each their own, but so far some of my complaints are... the "drifting" is annoying in this game, and there should be a shield button vs. a shield power up. The game's difficulty setting is MEDIUM by default. You can go from 1st place to 15th+ place in no time. And the achievements in each race under career mode can be frustrating... sometimes you'll have to play a race more than 2-3 times if something goes wrong. But if you don't care, you can move on. I played the Split|Second demo, and that was less frustrating... plus the drifting was way better. It's ok, got Blur for $12.

Someone throw me a friend invite @ Slinkywinky. I'd totally be down to get my race on. Multiplayer in this game is a lot of fun.

[quote name='bmachine']Yes, I am. Are you on FIOS? That seems to be where a lot of the issues lie.

You might want to check this out for assistance:
https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi...mNoX3RleHQ9bXVsdGlwbGF5ZXI!&p_li=&p_topview=1[/QUOTE]
I am on indeed Fios. I appreciate the attempt at help, but I tried everything they suggested at that site and unfortunately none of it worked.

It's odd because I've never had any problem connecting to anything else on my PS3. Also, I connected to the Blur servers without issue yesterday and now everything has gone to crap. Very frustrating.

I picked it up yesterday. I'd like to add some CAGs to my friend roster to make use of the 'Rival' functions. So feel free to add me: Axylotl.

Hey guys, I'll probably be loading up the game in a few minutes. Just send me a friend request and I'll invite you.

I haven't played online in a group yet, but it looks like it's possible to invite people into ranked matches so I'll try that first. If that doesn't work out, we'll try a private game.

My PS3 froze up after about an hour and a half so I called it quits. It was a lot of fun, though, and I'd be up for it again.

Have we designated Monday as the night for CAG play or is it still up for debate? Monday's fine with me.

That was a lot of fun! Thanks everyone for showing up.

It seems like once you get to level 6 or 7 and can edit your mods, if you're in a private game you have access to all the mods without having to unlock them. I think that might be pretty fun for next time if everyone's leveled up enough and doesn't mind not earning XP.

Monday works for me as a regular night. I'll probably be playing this during the week as well, so send me a message if you want to play.

I had a great time last night. Unfortunately, my PS3 froze between games at one point. All the appropriate commentary in game made it all the better.

I rub you guys.

[quote name='JaxMoney'] I played the Split|Second demo, and that was less frustrating... plus the drifting was way better. It's ok, got Blur for $12.[/QUOTE]

here is the thing about split/second. since the attacks are environment based, if you know you are passing one and where it hits, you can almost always dodge it (unless someone does a huge route changer). if youre in first and racing well, you dont have to worry about 8th place hitting you with something. also, ive found out in that single player, that the less aggressive you are in the earlier laps with power plays, the less aggressive they are, so its best to just race well, then on the last lap, break out the big guns and rip everyone a new asshole. hahaha

Metaly, are you going to put a list of active players together in the first/second post? I just picked this up yesterday and would be interested in joining up on a game night (if it does not conflict with my other game nights) or any free nights between other games.

[quote name='finsfan0210']yep still can't get the servers to connect. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

It's a fairly common problem going around and doesn't seem to have anything to do with their servers actually being down. Try forwarding these ports on your router (courtesy of SweetSweetTrash):

-3074, 3075 (UDP)
-80, 443, 5223 (TCP)

[quote name='nakanenui']Metaly, are you going to put a list of active players together in the first/second post? I just picked this up yesterday and would be interested in joining up on a game night (if it does not conflict with my other game nights) or any free nights between other games.[/QUOTE]

I added you and everyone from Monday to the second post. Anyone else playing often, let me know and I'll add you as well.

fuck this game, it's fun but just as annoying as ModNation Racers after a while. Played it for less than a week and decided to flip it vs. wasting time on it.

This game is hard as crap. The highest I've ever placed in multiplayer was 5th and that was once, usually I'm somewhere between 8th-12th.

I know part of it is the car and mod selection...level 40 guys have a lot better stuff than I do at level 12. Still, this game is hard.

[quote name='JaxMoney']fuck this game, it's fun but just as annoying as ModNation Racers after a while. Played it for less than a week and decided to flip it vs. wasting time on it.[/QUOTE]

crybaby.png

Picked this up yesterday and played around with it for a bit last night. I haven't touched online yet, but had a lot of fun with single player career last night. I looked forward to racing against CAGs sometime in the near future.

Glad to see there other people that are playing this on the triple, thought there'd be more after the BB deal [I'm still pissed I paid 40 for it!] anyway hopefully my copy reaches tomorrow and I can jump online and play some dudes.
Really looking forward to it, hope it doesn't disappoint

The online last night was insane. I would laugh out loud everytime someone fell off that cliff in that Hollywood Rift track, including myself. :lol: Good games!

Yeah, we did that track 3 or 4 times and I drove off the edge at least once each time. During one of the races I actually barged option.iv off the side and he returned the favor on the next lap!

I really like that "Descent" track, the one that's the long, downhill rush. It get's a little hectic!

Ok, I suck at this game.

I picked it up and started playing and got through the first set of races just fine. I was getting all the lights per race the 1st or 2nd try. Moved up to the second round and it was more competitive and I got in a groove. I wasn't getting all the lights in 1 or 2 races but still placing each time pretty easy and slowly got all the lights(well missing 1 or 2).

Now I'm on the 4th set and 2-3 races in and I can't even come close to placing suddenly, it's like I hit a wall ha. I dunno if my car selection is ruining it for me or what. It almost feels like I'm in the wrong class car compared to everyone else. I suck with the drifting cars, are they required for some races to be able to win?

Not faulting the game, just saying suddenly I suck suddenly.

bread's done
Back