CAG PS3 Fighting Game Matchmaking Thread - Injustice out NAO!

[quote name='Paco']You west coast or east coast? I play KOF XII and HDR. [/QUOTE]

I'm in the southeast of the US, I'll try to get on sometime this weekend if not I know I'll be on tuesday night when ssf4 comes out and we can get some games in on HDR.

[quote name='luan87us']Man amazon is playing @ss with my patience. It's monday afternoon and they still say "shipping soon" on my SSF4 preorder T.T[/QUOTE]

THIS. It says right now my delivery date is April 30th :cry:. I really really hope that's not true. Is there no release date shipping with amazon prime?

EDIT: Just got the shipped email from Amazon, and it says delivery is tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I never bought a game a brand new, not yet street released game on Amazon so I didn't know if I would get it day one so I'm going with Gamestop and paying those extra 4 dollars.

Finally down to 1 day left. I doubt I'll be able to get it on release day. I'll have it by Thursday anyway. I'm still excited. Capcom is reminding me of the good old days.

Great games earlier today j-cart.

SOOO.... ANYONE HYPED?!

So would anyone be interested in a SSFIV game night later this week? Possibly Thursday, or Friday, or perhaps even Saturday?

[quote name='luan87us']Man amazon is playing @ss with my patience. It's monday afternoon and they still say "shipping soon" on my SSF4 preorder T.T[/QUOTE]

They always wait until the last minute for release date pre-orders, this is business as usual for them.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']im definitely down

i'm going to try to main dudley, so i'm sure ill suck more than usual[/QUOTE]

+1 dudley army

I'm down for Thursday. Or you can just make game nights every night!
going to put ff13 aside, it's an okay game, but fuck that game for now. It's street fiyah time :)

Do you guys really click on my spoilers? lol. Well, if you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ISvIwb4pY

Video showcasing Akuma and his unblockable setup into ultra 2. So, throw to lp fireball to fadc teleport to ultra II. Yippie.

Just wanted to add another video. Finally, Dan's taunts hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W94Iw98DXaM

[quote name='distgfx']They always wait until the last minute for release date pre-orders, this is business as usual for them.

+1 dudley army[/QUOTE]

his combos are massive, but usually require hard links. i've done his hard trials 3 times now, but the combos depicted in them aren't really his best choices

[quote name='option.iv']Great games earlier today j-cart.

SOOO.... ANYONE HYPED?!

So would anyone be interested in a SSFIV game night later this week? Possibly Thursday, or Friday, or perhaps even Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Top that

mai-xiii-holyshitbig.gif

God damn my execution is crap. GGs with yah Option-iv.

The wait is killing me, its only one more day, but I know the damn stores have them right now.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']his combos are massive, but usually require hard links. i've done his hard trials 3 times now, but the combos depicted in them aren't really his best choices[/QUOTE]

A lot of trials generally have useless combos in them, but they give you some nice ideas and show you some things you might not have known otherwise.

[quote name='m_d_amore']I think im going to gamestop at midnight to get it and return my shipped one[/QUOTE]
Doing the same thing, thanks for making me change my mind at the last minute...

Definitely playing tomorrow morning for sure.

As much as I hate Gamestop, I just gotta play this game. I hope they don't gut them copies, or imma gut them.

@Esper: btw, I at least look at those spoiler tags, looks like Dan's taunt is top tier.

@Paco: I'll let that fly, but next time I better see more erotic pixels, none of that gay Benimaru shit you keep wanting to show me.

got the game installing it to HDD . was around 15 people at the gamestop i went to mostly for the 360. got my thumbfighters too guy tried giving me ryu/ken i told him give me 'Gief

anyone want to give me some asswhoppins hit me up on psn ill be on for a few hours

the old costumes do work for this and are still on sale in the store.

why are the easy trials so hard. i can't CrLP StMk for the life of me

went to walmart. Got the game. Rather small stack though I got there at around 12:20 so they may have been bought.

Glad to see that everyone is still using Ryu/Ken/Sagat online. It's like it was a year ago. I wish Capcom would have the balls SNK does and change Ken/Ryu/Sagat to not have fireballs and instead require combos. This would be far more outrage then KOF 96 when Kyo lost his Capcom movelist.

[quote name='distgfx']A lot of trials generally have useless combos in them, but they give you some nice ideas and show you some things you might not have known otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I think for some people, sure. Might let you know about normals that link that you wouldn't know about otherwise. In that regard, the HT for Dudley only explain that you can do some of his target combos into a super.

Juri's trials on the other hand are way more informative, but that's really because she's pretty unique

GGs guys.

Starting to get the hang of the replay mode. Did you guys remember those 'save recommendations' on the bottom of the screen while spectating? When you press 'select' it, it gets automatically saved into 'my list' on the replay channel. If you go to 'battle log' on the replay channel. Our matches are displayed there (Endless/Team Battle/I think Ranked also[Haven't tried it out yet]). There were some matches that were memorable, some were not. I recorded good ones and a lot of bad ones that had me making stupid mistakes.

Anyways, if you choose a particular replay - you can either finish watching it and saving at the end of the replay; or just straight up pause and select 'save replay and quit' from the menu and watch it later. Then, you are directed to the 'my list' section on the replay channel. Select an empty box and press 'x' to save replay and rename the replay. Then a rating system from 1 to 5 stars comes up (I have no clue about this yet). As soon as you press 'x' again, it's finalized into your 'my list' in the replay channel.

I don't pay attention to the instruction manual. I'm lazy.

haven't checked that out yet. my wife is supposed to have my copy before I get off work today.

tried using Fei Long again last night and its ridiculous how bad I fail with him. I was plinking his flippy kick move -> HP, but couldnt combo into the rekkekin correctly on my arcade stick, so i had to go back to the basics.

I am able to do HP -> Shienkiyaku -> FADC -> mk flippy kick better than I used to. makes no sense

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I think for some people, sure. Might let you know about normals that link that you wouldn't know about otherwise. In that regard, the HT for Dudley only explain that you can do some of his target combos into a super.

Juri's trials on the other hand are way more informative, but that's really because she's pretty unique[/QUOTE]

Lame! I was hoping for more links into HK or fancy ass juggles.

My copy should be arriving from Amazon soon! Anyone feel free to add me, I'm decent, but super rusty since I took a fighting game sabbatical after they announced SSFIV.

EDIT: Added my info to the Super SFIV list.

[quote name='Esper']GGs guys.

Starting to get the hang of the replay mode. Did you guys remember those 'save recommendations' on the bottom of the screen while spectating? When you press 'select' it, it gets automatically saved into 'my list' on the replay channel. If you go to 'battle log' on the replay channel. Our matches are displayed there (Endless/Team Battle/I think Ranked also[Haven't tried it out yet]). There were some matches that were memorable, some were not. I recorded good ones and a lot of bad ones that had me making stupid mistakes.

Anyways, if you choose a particular replay - you can either finish watching it and saving at the end of the replay; or just straight up pause and select 'save replay and quit' from the menu and watch it later. Then, you are directed to the 'my list' section on the replay channel. Select an empty box and press 'x' to save replay and rename the replay. Then a rating system from 1 to 5 stars comes up (I have no clue about this yet). As soon as you press 'x' again, it's finalized into your 'my list' in the replay channel.

I don't pay attention to the instruction manual. I'm lazy.
[/QUOTE]
Great games guys. I was starting to go delirious. Waayyy past my bedtime. Unfortunately, we had to use skype as the VoIP wasn't spectacular. It all worked out in the end.

[quote name='distgfx']Lame! I was hoping for more links into HK or fancy ass juggles.[/QUOTE]

for HK, its Either the F+HK cross over into HK, which is extremely hard (plinking), or the F+MK kidney punch into HK, which is a lot easier.

Its pretty much the only way to land an EX machine gun blow, which can lead to a dash punch/kick (kick = 2 moves, but only into ultra in corner, punch always leads to ultra) or a light machine gun blow which pushes them into the corner even more.

honestly, all 8 of his target combos are pretty useless except for maybe F+LP -> MP which leads into a jet upper. LP jet upper means ultra from anywhere without the need of FADC

Of course since I don't have the money today. Walmart actually has it. I'm trying to get rid of some games on ebay. So I can buy it. I'm dieing to get my hands on Super. X_x

You'd better get SSFIV asap, jman! Luan keeps kicking our asses. :lol: Those were some fun matches, I'm hella rusty but Option's Dhalsim is deadly O_O

I signed up for SSF4, although Amazon hasn't even started the shipping process for me yet. ;[ Some people who used FSSS already got the game! What the heck!

[quote name='GodlyOne']You'd better get SSFIV asap, jman! Luan keeps kicking our asses. :lol: Those were some fun matches, I'm hella rusty but Option's Dhalsim is deadly O_O[/QUOTE]
I should have stick to Bison. Freaking option and his shenanigans. Good games though. I was laughing so hard when I land those Psycho Abortions.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']for HK, its Either the F+HK cross over into HK, which is extremely hard (plinking), or the F+MK kidney punch into HK, which is a lot easier.

Its pretty much the only way to land an EX machine gun blow, which can lead to a dash punch/kick (kick = 2 moves, but only into ultra in corner, punch always leads to ultra) or a light machine gun blow which pushes them into the corner even more.

honestly, all 8 of his target combos are pretty useless except for maybe F+LP -> MP which leads into a jet upper. LP jet upper means ultra from anywhere without the need of FADC[/QUOTE]

The F+HK into HK isn't hard if you plink honestly, I can land it 90% of the time offline. However, I didn't know about F+MK into HK yet, thanks. I think his lk, mk, mp, hp target combo is good at pushing away grapplers and sometimes cr.lk, cr.mk, lp jet upper, hp jet upper or ultra is a decent use of the target combos.

[quote name='luan87us']I should have stick to Bison. Freaking option and his shenanigans. Good games though. I was laughing so hard when I land those Psycho Abortions.[/QUOTE]

You have a good Bison, you gotta give me some pointers since you destroyed me with him. :cry:

[quote name='GodlyOne']You have a good Bison, you gotta give me some pointers since you destroyed me with him. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Learn his bnb combos lol. He only has a few. My favorite is the cr.lp st.lp cr.mk -> lk/mk scissor kick. It does amazing damage. You can also mix it up with cr.lk first instead of cr.lp.

[quote name='luan87us']Learn his bnb combos lol. He only has a few. My favorite is the cr.lp st.lp cr.mk -> lk/mk scissor kick. It does amazing damage. You can also mix it up with cr.lk first instead of cr.lp.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, good sir.

I fought a Dudley online and holy shit is he savage. But anyways, Endless was fun earlier, we should play some more of that tomorrow.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']ill have to try those out gistgfx. im still practicing to plink but im not too consistent as of yet[/QUOTE]

Well, if you want an easy link, you can just jab into his RH. Standing or crouching, it doesn't matter, can do it after two jabs max I think. Easiest link of his that I've seen so far imo, being an easy ass hit confirm is a plus too. Can't seem to recall if you mentioned that link though. :lol: Range on it's not too bad either, considering the range on the most of his stuff that's special cancellable is shit, lol.

Put over 3 hours into it. I usually don't play a fighter that long in one day,but I just got it and it was new/fresh. Well somewhat fresh. Still feels like the same old game with extras. I'm extremely glad I sold my SFIV while it was worth something and waited on Super.

bread's done
Back